Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Jupiter can never be malefic when alone in a house. True?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Jupiter can never be malefic when alone in a house. True?

Postby miav » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 am

I read somewhere that it is mentioned in lal kitab that Jupiter can never be malefic if it is placed alone in a house in a chart. Is it true ?
If not, can someone guide on the most appropriate way to calculate benefics and malefics in a chart.
And if natural benefics and malefics play any importance in a native's chart or its only the functional benefics and malefics that matter ?
miav
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Jupiter can never be malefic when alone in a house. True

Postby subramanianp » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 am

Hi
It is not true.
Jup having kendradhipathya dosha is a malefic unless in ucha and placed in a kendra.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astrohajare » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 am

Most of the time jupiter behave
like grand father who is loving to grand son a lot and ignoring all misdeeds of grand son till father of grand son dont notice and dont explain to his father.
astrohajare
Contributor
Contributor

Postby explorings » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 am

nope that is not true. You need to check what houses Ju owns from lagna and moon lagna, what NK is he in, his placement in rasi, afflictions, degree, and the drishti he receives from other planets. This is very general and there are a lot of other factors, yogas, bhangas, and doshas to be considered.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby tula7 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 pm

subramanianp wrote:Hi
It is not true.
Jup having kendradhipathya dosha is a malefic unless in ucha and placed in a kendra.

Deat Subramanianp,
So for tula lagna jup. in cancer is not malefic even he has lord ship of 3H and 6H?
Thanks,
Tula
tula7
Contributor
Contributor

Postby subramanianp » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:17 am

tula7 wrote:
It is not true.

Deat Subramanianp,
So for tula lagna jup. in cancer is not malefic even he has lord ship of 3H and 6H?
Thanks,
Tula

Dear tula7
That means you are just asking questions without thinking :) :) :)
OK ,I will give you a small rider :!: :!:
Please go through any astrology book to see the conditions for PANCHA MAHA PURUSHA YOGAS .
You will get the answer for your doubt.
Request to take my reply in a good spirit.
All the best.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby tula7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm

subramanianp wrote:
tula7 wrote:
It is not true.

Deat Subramanianp,
Thanks,
Tula

Dear tula7
That means you are just asking questions without thinking :) :) :)
OK ,I will give you a small rider :!: :!:
Please go through any astrology book to see the conditions for PANCHA MAHA PURUSHA YOGAS .
You will get the answer for your doubt.
Request to take my reply in a good spirit.
All the best.

Dear Subramanianp,
Thanks but though Hans mahapurusha yoga , Jupiter is malefic for Tula lagna am i right?
Regards,
Tula
tula7
Contributor
Contributor

Postby subramanianp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:48 am

Dear tula7
Jup is the 3rd and 6th lord for TULA lagna and so he is not a benefic.
Being 11th lord Sun also is not benefic for TULA lagna.
10th lord Moon,Trikona lord Mercury and Kendra lord Saturn are good and yoga givers.
For tula lagna Jup in lagna is not capable to do much good.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby navall » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:07 am

Dear Subramanianp sir,

Can Kendradhipati Dosha of Jup be nullified if he is placed in a kona, as for example my Lagna is Virgo, so jup being lord of 4th and 7th is placed in 5th house and debilitated,though exalted in Navamsa , and again in navamsa it is 7th and 10th lord,Gemini Navamsa Lagna
Warm Regards,

Naval
navall
Contributor
Contributor

Postby subramanianp » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Dear navall
Kendradhipati Dosha of Jup don't get nullified if he is placed in a kona.
Further if a planet is debilitated in rasi and exalted in navamsa it gains certain strength.
But never makes it a good planet .Its ability to deliver results (good or bad) are increased.
That's all.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby shilpa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Jupiter is a healer...a medicine a panacea for all hurts.
so the panacea can at best be very strong...and in the worst case very weak and lacking potentcy.....
but even in the worst case it does not hurt.

Jupiter however sitting in a dusthan or owning a dusthan will during it's dashas and anataras bring out some significations of the dusthan....but depending on it;s strength in that dusthan....it will protect / heal against the malefic significations of the dusthan.

Strong Jupiter in chart will pull the native out of troubles and heal him faster, and cushion the malefic effects of the dusthans if associated with them.
regards
When reason ends, then anger begins ..Dalai Lama
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby subramanianp » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am

Dear shilpa ji
Kindly look at the following slokas where in Jupiters transit become fatal.
1." Janmakale sasourasya rasesthraya sutharishu,
Gurou sthithe mrithistheshu thena drishtyarksha mishyathe "

In rasi chart out of 3rd,5th,6th &11th from Sani- which rasi is not bveing aspected by Jup in those Rasies when Jup transits may cause death.

2."Chandrath,Lagnath,thadamshadua,
thrikonasthe gurou mrithi: ,
sithe shashtashtamasthe athra
vathadhipa nireekshithe."
If venus is in 6th or 8th and is receiving aspect from Sani,
Then in the Navamsaka rasi of ( Lag /Moon) or its thrikanas when Jupiter trasnsits can cause death.

We can find out other situations also in classics where Guru is capable to cause death.
My humble submission is that the top rated benefic (Jup) is not so at all times.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby idontknow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:16 am

Hi
for gemini lagna my jupiter is in 10th house exalted is it malefic or benfic?
idontknow
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shilpa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 am

Dear subramaniamp,
Yes there will be cases when Jupiter can hurt when it is associated with malefic houses.....but even it's hurt will be cushioned compared to anotehr planet in a similar placement IMO.

Regarding the Dictums and shlokas:........there are plenty in our scriptures....the key is to validate them and apply them contextually.

regards
When reason ends, then anger begins ..Dalai Lama
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby subramanianp » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 am

dear silpa ji
OK we will discuss this aspect ,when we get some other cases to study ,later.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby chavitarun » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Sir

How jupiter in 11th & Exalted Sun in 7th will behave in following TULA Lagna native

DOB : 18.04.1992 , 19.55 PM , Male , Beawar ( Raj.)
Regards
chavitarun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby srimedico » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:26 pm

subramanianp wrote:Dear tula7
Jup is the 3rd and 6th lord for TULA lagna and so he is not a benefic.
Being 11th lord Sun also is not benefic for TULA lagna.
10th lord Moon,Trikona lord Mercury and Kendra lord Saturn are good and yoga givers.
For tula lagna Jup in lagna is not capable to do much good.

hi Mr.subramaniam
how come sun became functional malefic for libra ... 11 th house is a neutral house know , not a dusthana know :?

wonder if jup is all the times bad for a libra asc , even despite some benefic drishtis on it ? like for example by being in kendra from moon in its own cancer ( gaja kesari ) .... so do u mean that there will not be gaja kesari yoga functioning in libra asc :?

as i know it , Hrithik roshan , Jupiter is in 4th house and moon is in 10th house (own house). Jupiter is debilitated. But there is Neecha banga raja yoga as jupiter is associated with moon who is the lord of jupiter`s exaltation house.

following is my chart , do u think , my jup is of no good to me :( bcos of me being a libra asc

though my jup is rasi debilitated , like hrithik , my jup too has neech bhanga yoga by virtue of i) jup's exaltation in D9 and ii) bcos of it being in kendra from my moon
( if i am not mistaken , i guess saturn is also aspecting my jup :( ... but as saturn is a yoga giver for libra ,, i dont know how this aspect on jup plays out )

Tru€ Löv€ is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Löv€ is never boastful or conceited. Its never rude or selfish . It doesnot take offence and is not resentful . It is always ready to excuse , to trust , to hope and to endure whatever comes !!
srimedico
Donor
Donor

Postby srimedico » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 pm

subramanianp wrote:Dear shilpa ji
Kindly look at the following slokas where in Jupiters transit become fatal.
1." Janmakale sasourasya rasesthraya sutharishu,
Gurou sthithe mrithistheshu thena drishtyarksha mishyathe "

In rasi chart out of 3rd,5th,6th &11th from Sani- which rasi is not bveing aspected by Jup in those Rasies when Jup transits may cause death.

2."Chandrath,Lagnath,thadamshadua,
thrikonasthe gurou mrithi: ,
sithe shashtashtamasthe athra
vathadhipa nireekshithe."
If venus is in 6th or 8th and is receiving aspect from Sani,
Then in the Navamsaka rasi of ( Lag /Moon) or its thrikanas when Jupiter trasnsits can cause death.

We can find out other situations also in classics where Guru is capable to cause death.
My humble submission is that the top rated benefic (Jup) is not so at all times.

shilpa wrote:Dear subramaniamp,
Yes there will be cases when Jupiter can hurt when it is associated with malefic houses.....but even it's hurt will be cushioned compared to anotehr planet in a similar placement IMO.

Regarding the Dictums and shlokas:........there are plenty in our scriptures....the key is to validate them and apply them contextually.

regards

subramanianp wrote:dear silpa ji
OK we will discuss this aspect ,when we get some other cases to study ,later.

Aha ! guess ur wait is so soon over guys ! Synchronicity ?!

If at all , u want to case study , this is the details : i have venus in 6 th ,, and something similar happened in my life as stated in that sloka . Although, i dont know if that event has occured bcos of the jup or some other planet of my horoscope .

i am not sure , if i have to post the date of that event , or describe the event for u guys to study .... so i am with holding for now , let me know if i have to provide them .
Last edited by srimedico on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tru€ Löv€ is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Löv€ is never boastful or conceited. Its never rude or selfish . It doesnot take offence and is not resentful . It is always ready to excuse , to trust , to hope and to endure whatever comes !!
srimedico
Donor
Donor

Postby subramanianp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am

Dear srimedico
This is in response to your 1st post out of two Dt Mon Apr 23, 2012
1. Please go through this link given below or try to read the book How to judge a horoscope by Shri B V Raman which will give you the reason behind treating Sun as malefic for Libra.
http://www.planetarypositions.com/notes/2009/09/06/benefic-and-malefic-planets

2.You said (“wonder if jup is all the times bad for a libra asc”) :-
Why you are worried of melefics. They are also capable to give good result.Take the case of Saturn in the 8th. And again Rahu in the 3rd etc:
3.You said(“despite some benefic drishtis on it” ):-
Benefic drishty will not change the situation as a whole, but is capable to reduce the bad effect OR increases the good effect.that too the planet aspecting should have strength.
4.You said (“ so do u mean that there will not be gaja kesari yoga” ):-
I didn’t say that. But for any yoga will prove fruitful only if the yoga giver is having strength.
5.You said (“ Hrithik roshan” ) :-
I didn’t understand the reason for comparing Mr Rithiks chart.
Anyway as regard to your chart and the position of Jup in it, I request you to open another separate Post with an appropriate title so that all members in our forum will watch& you may get more comments on that.

All the best.
With regards

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.
subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby srimedico » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks subramanian ji , for giving the link

thanks for introducing the term and concept of kendraadipathi dosha

i understood the logic of sun as a functional malefic

while following the link it has given me quite a stir of apprehension ... naming moon as malefic dropped my heart Image , but just then i realized Image there is no kendraadipathi dosha for those planets placed in their own house .

Regards
Last edited by srimedico on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srimedico
Donor
Donor

Postby Ghrishneswar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Good discussion.
Functional malefic and functional benefic is the reality.
Ju can be functional malefic or a functional benefic.

But you have to understand how the planet operates. There is a reason it is called a natural benefic.
So someone being harrased by Ju vs someone being haraased by Ma , Sa or Ra can mean totally different thing.

The planet still has to perform its dharma as per functional ownership but how it does is diffferent.
Jupiter is maraka will bring death but may be quietely, Mars or ketu on the other hand may caused death in battle field by being beheaded.
But keep this in mind it should not be severely afflicted, say Jupiter by Rahu. When affliction occurs the planet does not have control on how it functions.

There is a princicple in jyotish.. no effect ever gets cancelled it only gets modified.Neecha bhanga principle also cannot work outside this principle and so does functional benefic and malefic principle,

Say you have Jupiter aspecting debilitated Mars. This aspect causes the issues indicated by debiliatated Ma to be hidden. It will never cause the issues to disappear but will hide it from public eye. The person will only loose control over say wife in home, never publicly. His weakness will be hidden from the world.
This is how Jupiter's aspect works. This itself is a big relief. So even if Jupiter is malefic for tula. Its aspect on trine houses will provide these benefits. It will also give results of being functional malefic aspecting 7th house those houses. Both results will manifest.
So no cancellation only modification.

When you compare this to Saturn as functional malefic.. the results can be devastating. It drishti is also malefic and it a functional malefic. See for your self the impact of bad influences.

Natural benefics still have some traces of benficience even when being functional malefics.

If I have to die, I would rather die by unafflicated Ju then by Ra or Mars.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby srimedico » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Ghrishneswar wrote:But you have to understand how the planet operates. There is a reason it is called a natural benefic.
So someone being harrased by Ju vs someone being haraased by Ma , Sa or Ra can mean totally different thing.

Phew ! something like a saving grace i see ... thanks for the new points

Ghrishneswar wrote: But keep this in mind it should not be severely afflicted, say Jupiter by Rahu. When affliction occurs the planet does not have control on how it functions.

this is seeming like a paradox to my noob knowledge .. i heard that rahu takes over the characteristics of the lord of the sign its placed ( planet influences node ) .... then how come a node influence a planet ( rahu over-riding jup )

And also , i have exalted sun and rahu in 7thH aries , libra asc ... in my chart only functional malefic cum natural malefic is sun ( other functional malefic , but a natural benefic is jup )

so since ( exalted ) sun is both a natural and functional malefic , how will it react with rahu with it ... does ur statement conclude that since rahu is associated sun cannot produce much malefic effects :o

Ghrishneswar wrote:Say you have Jupiter aspecting debilitated Mars. This aspect causes the issues indicated by debiliatated Ma to be hidden. It will never cause the issues to disappear but will hide it from public eye. The person will only loose control over say wife in home, never publicly. His weakness will be hidden from the world.
This is how Jupiter's aspect works. This itself is a big relief. So even if Jupiter is malefic for tula. Its aspect on trine houses will provide these benefits. It will also give results of being functional malefic aspecting 7th house those houses. Both results will manifest.
So no cancellation only modification.

thanks for the crystal clear explanation

Ghrishneswar wrote:When you compare this to Saturn as functional malefic.. the results can be devastating. It drishti is also malefic and it a functional malefic. See for your self the impact of bad influences.

:? , but saturn is a yoga karak for me , so how its aspect on my mars in taurus in 8th H plays out ,, kindly give ur view , if u have no prob

Ghrishneswar wrote: If I have to die, I would rather die by unafflicated Ju then by Ra or Mars.

Second that ! :mrgreen:
srimedico
Donor
Donor

Postby Ghrishneswar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Remember the rule only modification no cancellation.
Ra when conjunct jupiter will amplify jupiter's effects. Jupiter being functional malefic when conjunct Ra will magnify malefic effects.
Ra is anti dharma. Jupiter is dharmic so guru chandal yoga is formed. This afflicts Jupiter.
Both effects are negative.

Who ever said jupiter can't be afflicted.
It can be ....Ra afflicts it badly.

The only situation Ra and jupiter combo can produce a rajayoga is when it owns kendra and is placed in trine with. Ra. It will create a tainted rajayoga.

Sun conjunct Ra is eclipse. It can create rajayoga only when sun as kendra lord is placed in trines with Ra or vice versa.

Now both effects will be there--- rajayoga plus eclipse
Last edited by Ghrishneswar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby srimedico » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Ghrishneswar wrote:
Who ever said jupiter can't be afflicted.
It can be ....ra afflicts it badly.

Nope , i didnt say that jup cannot be afflicted ,, just said

this is seeming like a paradox to my noob knowledge .. i heard that rahu takes over the characteristics of the lord of the sign its placed ( planet influences node ) .... then how come a node influence a planet ( rahu over-riding jup )
[/quote]

Actually meant, rahu overriding any planet , not only rahu overriding jup ,, bcos of my mis-understanding as above quote

but now , its clear that , not only malefic planets , nodes too can afflict good-planets big time

Ghrishneswar wrote:
Sun conjunct ra is eclipse. It can create rajayoga only when sun as kendra lord is placed in tri
With ra or vice versa.

Now both effects will be there--- rajayoga plus eclipse

so, since this condition doesnt satisfy in my chart , i dont have raja yoga .. but still eclipse is there , smite me !
srimedico
Donor
Donor

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.