Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Gulika: the low profile miscreant

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Re: Gulika: the low profile miscreant

Postby Hari76 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi͵

I have Gk in lagna.
Upon consultation a reputed Kerala astrologer had this to say. Gk in lagna gives “kshatha“ on the body especially when also aspected by Mars as in my case it will be much worse. But Gk in lagna also gives a Raja yoga in itself. In my horo there is no conjuncting planet in lagna. Though a mutable sign Sg with several planets in kendra. He also said the Gk effects would be more manifest in upcoming Sani dasha. for remedies he said worshipping Bhagavathi daily after lighting a lamp should take care of it.

Hari
Hari76
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 pm

2.JPG

If we follow this advice, and also follow the example I have given in my previous post, Then Gulika "rises at the beginning of Shani's portion." This is largely accepted by most, and was also recommended by me in my thread on Gulika and Mandi. This has been verified by my Guru P.S. Rao ji also. The confusion seems to be with Mandi. There is no consensus on Mandi's position. This is what needs to be resolved.

Here is a example of how Gulika can play on the Mind. I will not be able to provide the Birth data since this is the only information I have been provided with. (I hate not to have the full data, But in the interest of privacy we have to make do with what we have.)

The native is being treated by a psychiatrist at present. The patient has been diagnosed with a "Histrionic personality disorder". The lady got married about 3 years ago. The husband initially failed to recognize that there was "something wrong" with her. She would indulge in being overly dramatic and emotional in situations that did not warrant such behavior.

As per her husband, she indulged in the following behavioral patterns that directed the doctors to declare that she suffered from Histrionic personality disorder.

Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually are,
Blaming failure or disappointment on others,
Constantly seeking reassurance or approval,
Having a low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification,
Needing to be the center of attention (self-centeredness),
Quickly changing emotions, which may seem shallow to others.
(In line with the D.S.M. axis 2)

T.C, DSM Axis 2 histrionic personality disorder,.jpg

T.C. DSM Axis 2 Histrionic Disorder 2.JPG

The person who has provided me with this information assures me that there is no serious affliction to the 2nd, 4th, and 5th houses. There is no affliction to Chandra, either by aspect, placement or conjunction. The only serious affliction is that Budha is in a extremely close association with Gulika. One must note that Budha is the 8th lord here.

Note : - I do not accept P.V.N.Rao ji's contention that Mandi and Gulika are the same. There are two seperate methods for calculation of the two. We are now attempting to resolve Gulika's position only. We shall tackle Mandi later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby paro.xiss » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Dear Astroboy Ji,
Thanks for that message from PVR Ji. PVR Ji is imminently respectable figures devoid of any hidden agendas who does his research with open mind & is not afraid of being contradicted or facing brickbats.
Thank You Very Much.

Astroboy Ji,
I have 1 doubt. As you said above in your post for chart mentioned that Gk & Me are almost in same longitude, which hampers the analytical mind, intelligence, thought process & communication skills of the lady in question. But shouldn't that be the case for all people born on that particular day. This is because Calculation of Gulika for a day is independent of TOB & Location for a particular day.

For instance consider today dated 7th July 2012 & guess what!!!! Today Sun & Gk are in almost same longitude for almost all places in India throughout the day.
Below I am testing randomly for 2-3 different places & times.
Delhi : 12:27pm : Sun 21Ge32 Gk 21Ge15
Kolkata: 8:27am: Sun 21Ge22 Gk 21Ge15
Ahmedabad: 4:27pm: Sun 21Ge41 Gk: 21Ge17

Almost 80K kids are born in India each day[122crore@2.4% growth rate per annum/365], half of which are day-time births. Logical mind refuses to believe that all these 40K kids will spell doom for their fathers, all other factors being equal. Now surely a planet is in Exaltation/Debilitation throughout the day. Let us suppose Sun was in Fall for this month & 1/12th of this kids will have Sun & Gk in 8th House. Surely these 3600 kids can't lose their fathers all at the same time. Becomes easy for an astrologer to explain, but what about cases where it didn't work??

Thanks & Regards.
paro.xiss
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Ravi is in the same Rashi for 30 days
Chandra - 2.1/4 days
Kuja - 45 days
Budha - 30 days
Guru - 12 months
Shukra - 30 days
Shani - 2.5 years
Rahu and Ketu - 18 months

Gulika - 12 hours + / - 45 minutes.

B.T.W. - how many people do you think die everyday in India?
Last edited by astroboy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Hitler.jpg

Gulika.JPG

Alois Schicklgruber (Adolf Hitler's father) was born in the village of Strones in the Waldviertel, Lower Austria just north of Vienna, to a 42-year-old unmarried peasant, Maria Anna Schicklgruber, whose family had lived in the area for generations. He was baptized at the nearby village of Dollersheim, the space for his father's name on the baptismal certificate was left blank and the priest wrote "illegitimate".

Hitler was born to Alois when he Alois was 51. It is clear that Hitler and his father didnt have the closest of relationships (to put it mildly). His father,was very strict and often brutal in his raising of Hitler. Alois Hitler was an alcoholic and is known to have been domestically violent. Alois, an Austrian civil servant wanted the same life for his son, despite his son's differing ambitions (To be an artist). All his father's attempts to beat the impudence out of him and make him choose the career of a civil servant were in vain.

The father demanded absolute obedience, and the son refused to give it.

In a show of rebellion, Adolf decided to run away from home. Somehow Alois learned of these plans and locked the boy upstairs. During the night Adolf tried to squeeze through the barred window. He couldn't quite make it, so took off his clothes. As he was wriggling his way to freedom, he heard his father's footsteps on the stairs and hastily withdrew, draping his nakedness with a tablecloth. This time Alois did not punish with a whipping. Instead, he burst into laughter . The ridicule hurt Adolf more than any whip could and it took him, in his own words, "a long time to get over the episode."

Hitler's father passed away in 1903 when Hitler was just 14. Ravi is the Karaka for the father and is exalted within one degree of his peak exaltation point. The 9th lord is well placed in the 7th in a Kendra.

I leave it to the readers imagination to assess what Role Gulika would have played in Hitler's chart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm

R.Santhanam - "Light on Gulika" page number 12,
T.C. - R. Santhanam ji's View on the calculation of Gulika.JPG
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby paro.xiss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Dear Astroboy Ji & Other Forum Members,

Below is response from Subramanian Ji, which I am posting here with his permission:-

In Kerala Gulika and Mandi are treated as one and the same.
The calculation for Gulika is done as under.
Gulika rises at 26,22,18,14,10,6and 2 Ghaties after sunrise starting from sunday to saturday respectively.These Ghaties are called as Gulikodayam for Daytime births
That too day duration is considered as 30 Ghaties.
If day duration changes then these 26,22......etc; are to be proportionately altered.
Now for night births the 5th days Gulikodayam has to be taken for the first day (sunday)
That means the order will be 10,6,2,26,22,18nad 14 after sun set.
Here also the night duration is considered as 30ghaties and any change to be proportionately worked out.
Now having got the various gulikodayams you have to work out the Gulika SPHUTAM adopting the same calculation for finding Lagnam

Due to paucity of time, I am unable to compare the two methods with a live example. Will try to do some when time permits.

Thanks & Regards.

To be edited..............
paro.xiss
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Dear readers.

Mandi and Gulika is one and the same.

Mandi is Graha and Gulika is Upa-graha like any other upa grahas. We usually dont take upa -grahas in jataka .

Having said that, one has to understand why there is Gulika and Mandi shown seperately in J Hora ?

Pl understand J hora is the compilation of many texts, it is left to us to choose which one we need. Where as other softwares strictly follow only one texts and there is no choice for the users.

For eg;-In J hora, u have selection of Drekkans. U can choose any of the 4 drekkanas mentioned . Like --Parasara drekkana,
Parivrathi drekkana,
Somanath drekkana,
Jagannth drekkena

In J hora --- Gulika means ====Gulika kala,( Just like Rahu Kala, where in it is having the duration )
Mandi means ===============Gulikodaya.

So it should be set in J hora as ----Mandi rises at the end of Saturn portion or
Mandi rises at the begining of 8th portion. What Astro boy said is correct--Mandi rises at the end of Saturn portion , means the begining of Sun

by astroboy » 08 Jul 2012, 10:29

R.Santhanam - "Light on Gulika" page number 12,

I hope i am clear to u now.

Therefore, J hora shows the Gulika for those who r interested in Prashna Shastra ( Deva prashna , Ashtamangala prashna , Swarna prashna , Roga prashna etc--)

It is not much usefull in phala bagha or prediction of horoscope . So gulika shown in j Hora is ---------- Gulika kala and not Mandi what we generally speak and understand.

It is also used by few astrologers at the time of fixing Muhurtha ( graha pravesh, marriage, etc, etc ) instead of Rahu Kala. It is widely used while fixing the Muhurtha after Sun set

Similarly Mandi is also shown in J hora , that is the mandi every one is interested in prediction of horoscopes and not gulika.

Why there is difference in Mandi in each Softwares:-

For Mandi caluculation , Diva Mana or Rathri ( night )Mana caluculation is very important . For that Sun rise and Sun set is to be taken . Different Softwares take different Sun set and rise times which ultimately effects the caluculation/ or the arrival of Mandi.

Secondly , Rashi pramana or lagna pramana for each place or location is to be taken into consideration . Here each software have taken different pramana for each birth location and hence there appears difference in Mandi out put or Mandi degrees in jataka.

To be continued----- The caluculation of Mandi with an example of one jataka to J hora and other soft wares.
Last edited by P.Srinivas. Rao on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Astrology is not a Science of light, but it is the Science of life
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:53 pm

by P.Srinivas. Rao » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:53 pm
In J hora --- Gulika means ====Gulika kala,( Just like Rahu Kala, where in it is having the duration )

Gulika.jpg

Gulika 2.jpg

Good day sir,
Which Gulika are you referring to?

I had taken the trouble to write to Andrew Foss, who is the designer of S.J.S. I am enclosing his Mail to me. Please go through it.
Gulika cor.jpg
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 pm

astroboy wrote:
by P.Srinivas. Rao » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Gulika.jpg

Gulika 2.jpg

Good day sir,
Which Gulika are you referring to?

I had taken the trouble to write to Andrew Foss, who is the designer of S.J.S. I am enclosing his Mail to me. Please go through it.
Gulika cor.jpg

Dear AB,

Gulika u shown in this is as "Gulika K." Means Gulika Kala, which in my part of region take only for Muhurtha or Prashna shastra and not for prediction of horoscope.

That is why in local ephemeries or panchanga , it is shown seperately as Gulika Kala along with Rahu Kala both during day time and night time also.

For ur kind information, refer the Gulika book by B.G.acharya ,page no 4 . He said the gulika kala is to be taken only for muhurtha and it is not Mandi. Mandi caluculation is quite different. When there is no difference between the two in caluculation, then why there is the different caluculation.

For eg:-

Gulika Kala on Sunday-------Day====22 1/2 to 26 1/4, Night=====7 1/2 to 11 1/4 ghatis when day and night is equal.( Dina mana has to be divided into 8 parts to arrive the Gulika kala )

Mandi on Sunday---Day is 26 and night is 10 ghatis when the day and night is equal.

As per me this is the standard caluculation for Gulika Kala and Mandi in any TEXTS u refer .

I find there is 2 degree difference in my caluculation of Mandi-- to --J horas Gulika.
I dont know whether J hora has taken gulika as Mandi or it is only a Gulika kala ?

Regards

P.S.Rao
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 am

Guru ji, I am only interested in this Gulika

T.C. Gulika As per B.P.H.S. chapter 3.JPG

T.C. Gulika as per K.S. Charak ji.JPG
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 am

[
quote="astroboy"]Guru ji, I am only interested in this Gulika

[/quote]

Dear Ab,

This is what i am saying --- the above is Gulika Kala caluculation not Mandi.

The caluculation of Gulika kala is seperate and Mandi ( guligodaya )is seperate. Here in this part of region we take this caluculation ONLY FOR GULIKA KALA and not for MANDI.

Guika kala is having the duration ( just like Rahu kala having the duration or the 8th lordship is Rahu kala)
Mandi do not have the duration, it is only ending point of Saturn and starting point of Sun.

Dear Ab, u may pl refer page no 6, the last para of Gulika in astrology by Muthuswamy.

I find nothing new in this . Some ( mostly north indians ) will take the above as GULIKA in horoscope , whereas we take MANDI in our horoscope. Pl understand the caluculation of both r different. Are u clear now?

What do u wanted to know ? R u interested in caluculation or r u interested in phala baga.

Like i said earlier, there r 2-2 panchangas, 2-2 same festivals falls in different days. For eg:- Some celeberate Deepavali previous day and many celeberate Deepavali next day, 2-2 Sun rise and Sun Set times, 2-2 Longitude and Latitudes, 2-2 janma ghatis,even to Ayanamsha also This u can find not only in local panchangas but in recommended Soft wares also. In such case u may pl tell me which software is 100% accurate ? In case u r interested in phala baga , what do u say for this ? which phala u say ?

When there is slightest difference in Sun rise and set time , it effects much more in caluculation of Dina Mana and ultimately it effects in great way in caluculation of Mandi

All these r well known to u. U r a well read man and computor savy and u go very deep into the subject. We never go so deep into the subject and we know no one is 100% accurate ,hence we clear the client within 15 to 20 mts, some how most of our prediction touches the client. The customer comes to me( say most of them) wanted only the Parihara, they dont want what has happened, they want what is the remedy for ZERO complication in future. He himself knows, his days r not good. That is why only on that situation they come to us, approach us for remedy.

Regards
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 am

Dear AB,

Pl understand , no where i denied ur point of view. Ur query is genuine and i appreciate ur quriosity and interest in astrology where in most of the astrologers still are not aware of Guklika and Mandi r 2 special points which cannot be taken merely.

Having said that, at the same time it is not feasible to apply all upa-grahas for prediction in addition to nava grahas. To determine the shubha and ashubha phala becomes cumbersome if u happens to take all grahs including upa-grahas. Mostly ( generally ) upa grahas are used when there is great danger to the nation or calamities or mass accident or death.

Coming back to Gulika and Mandi, let me clear it again

the position of Mandi and Gulika are not the same.

For eg:- a day birth on Sunday, if the duration of the day is 30 ghatis, Mandi will be at 26 ghatis from Sunrise.Gulikas position will be at 26 ghatis and 15 vighatis ( refer uttar kalamrita , page 25 by shastri )

Mandi:- when the duration of the day or night is 30 ghatis , Mandis position is at the end of the day of 26-22-13-14-10-6- and 2 ghatis after Sun rise in the sequence of week days from Sunday.

Gulika :- U have already told in ur reply. Divide the duration of Day by eight.

Uttar Kalamritha
Phaladeepika
Jataka parijatha, Sarvartha Chintamani ( author told how to rectifye/fixing the janma lagna through Mandi )
Muhurtha Chintamani
Sanmarga Darshini
Gulika/Mandi/upagragas by B.G.Acharya
and Lastly by Gunjur Ramachandra Shastri in his treatise called Gulika/Mandi phala nirnaya.
all have told about Mandi

With regard to Gulika ,
uttara kalamritha
Muhurtha Chintamani
Muhurtha Madhavi
and B.G.Acharya
have said in thier texts.

Further to this i would like to bring ur kind notice that in Uttara kalamritha , the author appears have equated the two. No where u can find different phala for Gulika and different phala for Mandi or 2 sets of phala.

Vasista, Garga, Parashara, Vyasa, Varahamihira, Sathyacharya and many other eminent astrologers have not included much of the influence of these subordinate planets. And many have their own reservation on this also.

Few tips:-

If Mandi or Gulika falls on Nakshatra tyajya bhaga or nakshatra visha kaal, then the phala is kroora.( refer Rapheals Nakshatra Tables or Lahiris Ephemeries)

If any upagraha or Mandi or Gulika is with Vakri graha---- ashubha phala

If any upagraha is with astha graha --- papa phala

If upagraha or mandi or gulika is with Yoga karaka graha , then less of kroora phala

In general , wherever the Mandi or gulika asoociates with any graha, he will bring dosha to that bava and graha.

If Mandis rashiadipathi is in 1-4-7-10-5-9, uchha, Swa- kshetra, mitra rashi, then the Mandis dushta phala reduces considerably and simulaneously increases the benefic/shubha phala of that bava

Gulika/Mandi is balishta in Kumba

No one should think that the graha is beneficial if it is having the Rashi bala. Even if it is in swa-nakshatra and if it is in 6-8-12-11 bava or sambandha, then it will endorse runa badha, anaroghya ( sickness ), sansar asowkya ( no peace in family )

which ever the graha do have the sambandha of Shani, Kuja, Rahu or Ketu, it will indicate ashubha phala today or tomorrow

If any one really interested in upa grahas, they can go for Muhurtha Marthanda or Muhurtha prakashika grantha

Tank u Ab having patiently gone through my writings so far and hope pardon me if am wrong.
Lets finish this now.

Regards.
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:05 am

Good day to you Guruji,

I Tried to call you all morning, Your phone was not reachable. I Got to know that there was a Tambola Prashna at a temple this morning. Shri Padmanabha Neeleshwar Tantri ji was in charge. I got a chance to take a Picture of the Chart, when the Tantri ji went out to inspect the Naga Bhana. I had to do a quick job, and scoot out of the place with the Pics. :oops:

Can we fix Mandi in J hora based on this? I will upload the notes of the Tanthris as soon as I get the images resized. (I took his book and photographed it, when they had left the sthana).

T.C. Modified image Tambola - Deva Prashna (D3).JPG

T.C. Tambola Prashna (D3).JPG
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:49 am

Dear Ab,

Thanx for exhibiting the TAMBOOLA ( Beatle leaves ) PRASNA Chart fixed by prashna jyothishi Mr Narayan Poduval under the guidance of Brahmashri Neleshwar Padmanabha Tantriji.

If possible kindly display the exact timing and the prashna Lagna in your next post and also what was the main reason for conducting this prashna by the temple authorities and what queries was raised during the prashna. I believe u have the taken the photographs of Poduval holding the beatle leaves while explaining the prashna phala . Kindly display the same in ur next post without fail. This is very interesting.

By the by, ur query about Gulika and Mandi in J hora is solved and is as follows:-

1) As i said earlier,the Mandi and Gulika caluculation are different.

2) Mandi settings in J Hora is wrong. Author of J hora has set ( programed ) both Gulika and Mandi as same and has fixed both same calculation.

3) As per me there is no ---" Middle " for the calculation of gulika and i request the viewers /users of J hora to set as follows

--------------" Gulika rises at the BEGINING of EIGHTH portion "--------------------------

4) It is not advisable to apply or refer Mandi in J Hora as the calculation and the settings are incorrect. For Mandi it is better to take from other softwares.

Hope the users will correct their settings in their computers with respect to Gulika.

regrds

P.S.Rao
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Good morning Guruji,

As per me there is no ---" Middle " for the calculation of gulika and i request the viewers /users of J hora to set as follows

--------------" Gulika rises at the BEGINNING of EIGHTH portion "--------------------------

It is not advisable to apply or refer Mandi in J Hora as the calculation and the settings are incorrect. For Mandi it is better to take from other softwares.

:D That is indeed a brilliant suggestion. Subtle and yet smart. When you set Gulika to rise to the 8th portion, you put it awe-fully close to Mandi's calculation as per Uttara Kalamrita.

Not many know this, But Once Gulika and Mandi Place themselves in a rashi, they dont move Degree wise for the next 12.00 - +/- 45 minutes. So by setting Gulika to rise to the 8th portion, you put Gulika close to where Mandi would have been as per Uttara Kalamrita.

Nice. kill two birds with one stone. :)

However I have a problem with that. Under this setting, Gulika is off from Mandi by a minimum of 3 degs and a maximum of 5 Degs. In case we have a Graha in the same Rashi as Gulika, how do we assess the proximity of the two, Since we consciously know that we are off by 3-5 Degs +/-.
We can never be bold enough to predict on the basis of proximity can we?.

I must admit though that for 85 - 90 percent of predictions, your suggestion will suffice. Best regards
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Dear Ab,

I am not clear about ur query.

Graha calculation is quite different than Mandi or Gulikas calculation and there should not be much difference between the two.

See Mr Deepak, there is only 1 set of calculation. Meaning, one for Gulika and other for Mandi. There cannot be more than two in any texts as far i know. In such case the author of J hora would have shown only one calculation for Gulika and another for Mandi seperately instead of-------begining, middle and end .That would have been the confsuion free to any user.

As u said i will check again at my office since i dont have the software at home and i will come back later.
Only one thing is ,Mandi should not be in the Nakshatra Visha kaal or Nakshatra Tyajya bagha. or along with any Graha during this period.
If it is not in the above, then there is not much problem.

Regarding Gulika i dont know.

Regards
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby anuradha » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm

: Gulika: the low profile miscreant
by P.Srinivas. Rao » 100712

[
quote="astroboy"]Guru ji, I am only interested in this Gulika

Dear Ab,

This is what i am saying --- the above is Gulika Kala caluculation not Mandi.

The caluculation of Gulika kala is seperate and Mandi ( guligodaya )is seperate. Here in this part of region we take this caluculation ONLY FOR GULIKA KALA and not for MANDI.

Guika kala is having the duration ( just like Rahu kala having the duration or the 8th lordship is Rahu kala)
Mandi do not have the duration, it is only ending point of Saturn and starting point of Sun.

Dear Ab, u may pl refer page no 6, the last para of Gulika in astrology by Muthuswamy.

I find nothing new in this . Some ( mostly north indians ) will take the above as GULIKA in horoscope , whereas we take MANDI in our horoscope. Pl understand the caluculation of both r different. Are u clear now?

What do u wanted to know ? R u interested in caluculation or r u interested in phala baga.

Like i said earlier, there r 2-2 panchangas, 2-2 same festivals falls in different days. For eg:- Some celeberate Deepavali previous day and many celeberate Deepavali next day, 2-2 Sun rise and Sun Set times, 2-2 Longitude and Latitudes, 2-2 janma ghatis,even to Ayanamsha also This u can find not only in local panchangas but in recommended Soft wares also. In such case u may pl tell me which software is 100% accurate ? In case u r interested in phala baga , what do u say for this ? which phala u say ?

When there is slightest difference in Sun rise and set time , it effects much more in caluculation of Dina Mana and ultimately it effects in great way in caluculation of Mandi

All these r well known to u. U r a well read man and computor savy and u go very deep into the subject. We never go so deep into the subject and we know no one is 100% accurate ,hence we clear the client within 15 to 20 mts, some how most of our prediction touches the client. The customer comes to me( say most of them) wanted only the Parihara, they dont want what has happened, they want what is the remedy for ZERO complication in future. He himself knows, his days r not good. That is why only on that situation they come to us, approach us for remedy.

Regards
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor

[/quote]
Sir, Kindly provide the correct method to calculate both Gulika and Mandi. In North India it is considered as same. Even Sh Muthuswamy in his book on '' Gulika In Astrology'' has considered both[Gulika and Mandi] as one and the same. Can we have any calculation like Gulika or Mandi+ or - some degrees = Mandi or Gulika? regards
anuradha
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Dear Anuradhaji/ Astroboy/viewers,

Thanks for identifing the mistake in my previous post Astroboy.
There is an error in writing the method in my previous post. Therefore kindly set the j.hora as follows for Gulika only----------" Gulika rises at begining of Saturn portion " instead of Gulika rises at the end of 8th portion .I am extremely sorry for typing error

With regard to Mandi calculation, Muthuswamy has not given any example in calculation for Gulika . He gave the example for Mandi only. I feel the Mandi calculation of J Hora is quite different than what we have and hence we cannot take his Mandi in any way.

With regard to calculation for Mandi and Gulika , one should have Rashi Pramana or Lagna pramana. usually this is shown in the very 1st page of local panchanga. This is available only in local panchanga. In case u have the local panchanga , i can show u how to fix both Mandi and gulika in jataka.

Regards

P.S.Rao
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby anuradha » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:40 am

Thanks and regards.
हर मित्रता के पीछे कोई ना कोई स्वार्थ होता है.ऐसी कोई मित्रता नहीं जिसमे स्वार्थ ना हो. यह कड़वा सच है.

सर्प , नृप , शेर, डंक मारने वाले ततैया, छोटे बच्चे , दूसरों के कुत्तों , और एक मूर्ख: इन सातों को नीद से नहीं उठाना चाहिए.
anuradha
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

P.Srinivas. Rao » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm
I feel the Mandi calculation of J Hora is quite different than what we have and hence we cannot take his (P.V.N.Rao ji's) Mandi in anyway.

Good day Guruji,

I conducted a small experiment to cross check your statement. I cast a chart for the 14th of July 2012 - 9 :00 AM Mangalore and recorded the position of Mandi using 4 different softwares.

The position of Mandi on the 14th of July 2012 @ 9:00 AM - Mangalore was,
Shri Jyoti Star 6.250.2 - 8 Deg 43 in Cancer
Kala - 8 Deg 58
Star Clock - 8 Deg 47
J Hora - 8 Deg 35 (I had to Change the setting to - Mandi rises in the Middle portion of Saturn)

I then cast a new chart for the 14th of July 2012 - 21:00 Hrs - Mangalore.
The position of Mandi on the 14th of July 2012 - 21:00 Hrs - Mangalore was,

Shri Jyothi Star 6.250.2 - 28 Deg 36 In Pisces
Kala - 28 Deg 36 in Pisces
Star Clock - 28 Deg 35 in pisces
J Hora - 22 Deg 44 In pisces

I cast a third chart for the 15'th of July 2012 @ 9:00 AM Mangalore
The position of Mandi for the 15th of July - 9:00 AM Mangalore will be,

Shri Jyothi Star 6.250.2 - 5 Deg 59 in Sagittaurus
Kala - 5 Deg 47 in Sagittaurus
Star clock - 5 Deg 57 in Saggitaurus
J Hora - 26 Deg 05 in Scorpio

So you are right. Either the other softwares have used the wrong calculation method or it is J hora that has used a different method for computation. I am at loss to understand this.
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:32 am

Dear Deepakji/ anuradhaji,

For
Mandi,
Gulika,
Rahukala

refer Hindu Electional Astrology by V.K Sridhar in page no 72 to 76, provided u know the Lagna pramana or Rashi pramana of birth place . The most authanticated book available in astrology so far. Every student of astrology should have this book in his shelf. I am not sure whether this Lagna/Rashi pramana of each place is shown in N.C.Lahiris almanec .

Dear Deepak , J Hora has taken the same calculation for Mandi as well as Gulika .This i feel is not right .

Regards
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Postby anuradha » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:53 am

refer Hindu Electional Astrology by V.K Sridhar in page no 72 to 76, provided u know the Lagna pramana or Rashi pramana of birth place . The most authanticated book available in astrology so far. Every student of astrology should have this book in his shelf

Sir, I agree.My Guruji has the same opinion about this book. regards
हर मित्रता के पीछे कोई ना कोई स्वार्थ होता है.ऐसी कोई मित्रता नहीं जिसमे स्वार्थ ना हो. यह कड़वा सच है.

सर्प , नृप , शेर, डंक मारने वाले ततैया, छोटे बच्चे , दूसरों के कुत्तों , और एक मूर्ख: इन सातों को नीद से नहीं उठाना चाहिए.
anuradha
Donor
Donor

Postby astroboy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:58 pm

1.jpg

2.jpg

One point has been established - when compared to other softwares, J hora is off as far as Mandi's calculation and position is concerned, and cannot be relied upon.

We are now left with is Gulika. What I suggest J hora users is, - set Gulika to rise at the beginning of Saturn's part, and set Mandi to the end portion of Shani. We know that the Mandi of J hora, has been set to calculate just like Gulika. So what we have now, is two Gulikas, which we can set to rise both in the beginning and the end portion of Shani.

One more suggestion I have is that we must focus on Gulika only when it happens to be in the same degree of another Graha, or within 1 degree of another Graha.This policy has paid rich dividends to a fellow Jyotishi of mine, and I think, it would be wise on our part to follow her policy.
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby P.Srinivas. Rao » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:40 am

Dear Ab,

End of the Saturn part or portion means ----the day time / Dina mana is divided into 8 equal parts

1) Sunday
2) Monday
3) Tuesday
4)Wednesday
5)Thursday
6)Friday
7) Saturday--------this is the end of saturn portion ---or---- after the expiry of saturn portion-- or-- after the expiry of 7th part
8th)Gulika

This is very important:- Since there is only 7 days in a week, u need not take the 8th portion . Since there is no lord for 8th division, the Gulika falls in the portion of Shani or the begining of Shanis portion. That is what J Hora has fixed as --" Gulika rises at the begining of Saturns portion " Kindly refer page 8 in Muthuswamy.

In V.K Sridhars book:- Page 73--- Thus starting of 8th,7th,6th,5th,4th,3rd,2nd part of days length after the Sunrise shall corrospond to the rising of Gulika on Sunday to Saturday in order. This u can refer page 74 where in 8th part is not shown in table.

Further to this explanation , i will come back with a jataka and will explain in detail how to calculate Gulika and Mandi provided u know the Lagna pramana

Regards
Last edited by P.Srinivas. Rao on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.