Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Re: Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

Postby USR » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:26 am

Rahu's exaltation sign is Taurus.If it is 11 th house,it is the best place.Why the native suffers during exalted Rahu dasa depends on the relationship and placement of antardasa lord like 6-8,8-6,1-12 ,transit etc.Also the fundamental principle is malefics in their dasa-antardasa give benefic results in materialistic things like higher education,money,assets etc but cause harm in personal life like loss of happiness,loss of parents,relations etc.
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.
USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ghrishneswar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 am

Is good result also determined by relation to dasa and antardasa lord in navamsa also?
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby anilesh47 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 am

Last edited by anilesh47 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!
anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby devpatel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Wats the strength of RA by degree? and where is shani located
in the chart? is there a kaal sarpa yoga?
is RA getting aspected by malefics? or marakas?(lord of 2 or 7)

About navamansh, its only meant to provide a microscopic view
of the rashi, everything else is considered from the main chart
which is the rashi chart.
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Good day to you,

I agree with what you said anilesh Ji, but please remember that the lagna lord is in the 8th house. Parivarthana yoga is there alright but it's between two natural enemies in dusthana houses. What is the point ? See Rahu's vimshopaka bala. It's the least amoung the 9.

Trust this helps,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby Ghrishneswar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Astrosonu

As you said, RAHU will act like its dispositor.

Suppose Ra is in 11th house and its dispositor is in 10th house.
During Mahadasa it will act as if dispositor is in 11H.
To add complexity, suppose dispositor is neecha in 10th but exalted in 11H
Going the principle above Rahu will act like an exalated dispositor in 11th house during its dasa.

During AD etc it will act as a malefic in 11th house.

Is the inference correct?
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby astroduffer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Dear Ghrishneswar,

Rahu will act as its dispositor in terms of Shadbala, Vimsopaka, strength etc. But the same to be seen as placed in the house of Rahu itself. Rahu is a troublesome planet when alone, debiliated, aspected by more malefics. But if it is aspected by benefics good results will be seen in its dashas. But at the same time it must be noted that Rahu is always harmful for the house that it is placed in no matter what the disposition or its strength says.

E.g. Rahu placed in 9th during its MD/AD will give very good results in its MD with regards to its dispositor, if its in a benefics house or aspected by a benefic etc. But in the same dasha it will be harmful for 9th house matters too that indicate father, spirituality, luck etc. The native will need to undertake appropriate remedial measures to overcome the same.

Regards
Sonu

Ghrishneswar wrote:Astrosonu

As you said, RAHU will act like its dispositor.

Suppose Ra is in 11th house and its dispositor is in 10th house.
During Mahadasa it will act as if dispositor is in 11H.
To add complexity, suppose dispositor is neecha in 10th but exalted in 11H
Going the principle above Rahu will act like an exalated dispositor in 11th house during its dasa.

During AD etc it will act as a malefic in 11th house.

Is the inference correct?
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby devpatel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:26 am

" RAHU IS DEEPLY EXALTED IN TAURUS IN MRIGSHIRA NAKSHATRA BETWEEN 29 AND 24 DEGREES "
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby devpatel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:48 am

" RAHU IS DEEPLY EXALTED IN TAURUS IN MRIGSHIRA NAKSHATRA BETWEEN 29 AND 24 DEGREES"
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Good day to you,

I want to stir the hornet's nest here, Dr robert Svoboda and a small group of astrologer's are of the opinion that Rahu and ketu are both exalted in Scorpio and Debilitated in Taurus, logic being that the exalted constellation of the moon should be the debilitation constellation of Rahu and Ketu and Vice versa for exaltation.

I however wonder, If this is the case, Suppose Ketu is exalted in Scorpio and Rahu is debilitated in Taurus, Won't the Neecha Bhanga rules apply to this scheme. A exalted aspect of Ketu will automatically give a Neecha bhanga to Rahu thus negating the neecha effects.

And by the way Dev ji, what is the logic for Rahu getting exalted in Kuja's nakshatra ?

Best Regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby devpatel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 pm

HI,

I know this from experience.

Astroboy,

Its simple to understand first that Rahu exalts in Taurus as
Taurus is the only material sign. Ketu has no such significance
in material world and its just the part of Rahu.

I bet the coming worldy leaders who will be given the top
most authorities will be born with deeply exalted Rahu
in mrigshira.

If you search you will see this in charts of majority of the
top authorities.

DEV
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi Sonu

You were mentioning that Rahu will act as its dispositor during its dasa and one should include the dispositor placed in the house of Rahu itself. So during the dasa of Rahu, shall the dispositor placed there be considered as dispositing its Nakshatras or Rahu's Nakshatras? From the post, I think it should still be Rahu's Nakshatras because you mention that Rahu will only act like its dispositor in terms of strength, Vimsopaka, Shadbala etc only.

Regards

Hock Leong
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 am

Dear Khoo,

You are right. Only the planet changes i.e. Rahu to dispositor. Not the nakshatras. By the way the panchmaitri gunas etc are all calculated by Vimsopaka bala. So, going into nakshatras etc while we are looking at Vimsopaka and Shadbala may not be any differentiating factor.

Regards
Sonu

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Sonu

You were mentioning that Rahu will act as its dispositor during its dasa and one should include the dispositor placed in the house of Rahu itself. So during the dasa of Rahu, shall the dispositor placed there be considered as dispositing its Nakshatras or Rahu's Nakshatras? From the post, I think it should still be Rahu's Nakshatras because you mention that Rahu will only act like its dispositor in terms of strength, Vimsopaka, Shadbala etc only.

Regards

Hock Leong
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby angel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello everybody

I m a newbie to this forum.
My case looks opposite to what you ppl r talking about.

DOB: 27th July 1984 - 12:10 pm (afternoon)
Place: Baroda - Gujarat - India

I have exalted Rahu in Tauras in the 8th house, Exalted Saturn in Libra Lagna conjucted with Mars. My moon sign is Gemini

From May 2008 to till date I 've gone through immense amount of stress and have spent sleepless nights after nights. As far as I understand it ... it is happening due to shani mahadahsa and rahu bhukti since shani-rahu makes things delayed and prompt you take wrong decisions.

I finished my MS in Computer science degree after 3.5 yrs from the day I started it (finsihed it in Dec 2009) which was actually supposed to get finish in 2.5 yrs ... last yr was the WORST yr of my life. Then after struggling for another 5 months I got a temp job which I am doing right now but I don't like and also it is not upto my capability and needless to say that it is less paid too.
Going through the WORST time of life all thanks to exalted Rahu and exalted Saturn in my birth chart and having rahu bhukti, saturn mahadasha as well as saturn transition from 4th place (small panoti running from sept 2009 for 2.5 yrs) ... everything together making me crazy and to top it all rahu negetively aspects my moon who is the lord of 10th house (house of karma and profession).

Can someone help me to find out that when will I get a jod that I truly deserve ??? the reason I am asking this is after 3.5 yrs of harrassment (due to rahu bhukti ending in Nov 2011) the next to come is Jupiter. In my chart Jupiter is in its own sign siggitarious 3rd house. Since I m libra lagna native jupiter is malefic for me so I m guessing that jupiter bhukti under shani mahadasha will not do any good to me ... and I am still to understand the significance of Ven and Sun in 10th hoouse of profession. Can someone please shed some light on my queries ??? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
angel

Postby astroboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Good day to you,

A interesting horoscope to say the least. Lord Shani is in the best position possible except that he has to deal with his enemy Kuja at all times.You are lucky to see Shani Dasha at the right time, This is why you have a good qualification today. I am sure life was not bad until Kuja and Rahu dasha came about. You dont have to worry about Guru much because he is exalted in the Navamsha. He owns 2 upachaya house and is placed well even in the Rashi chart. You will put in efforts to develop your life no doubt. You will have to work hard but once you reach a platform you will be able to live in comfort.

The 10th house is a concern. Ravi the 11th in the 10th is good, because you will put maximum efforts to achieve success in the work place, what will make that difficult is the presence of the 8th lord in the 10th. This is impediment that will give you trouble through out your life. You just have to deal with it.
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby angel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm

thanks for the reply astroboy ... Yes, life was not so bad before 3 yrs ago.
4 points I would like make/ask here.

1. Due to the placement of which planet you think that I would have to work hard to achieve comfort in life ? is it exalted shani ?
2. As u said that shani wud have to deal with his enemy mars constantly ...agreed on that but it is an auspicious dhan yoga (conjuction of 2nd house lord mars & 5th house lord -shani in lagna) - is that true to assume/predict ?
3. you said that that --> "difficult is the presence of the 8th lord in the 10th. This is impediment that will give you trouble through out your life. You just have to deal with it." - but if I m not mistaken 8th lord is venus who is also the lagna lord, venus is a natural benefic nd by virtue of being the lagna lord it can't do much harm only by being the 8th lord - (again It's my guess and based on some reading, I cud be wrong) - let me know if it is true to assume or not.
4. My main concern to post this message is exalted Rahu in the 8th house of Tauras he is aspecting my moon ... which may seperate me from my spouse after merriage. Me and my fiance both r mangalik (partially mangalik - if there is any such thing) We both live in US and we want to get married as soon as posible but due to some visa issues can't leave US right now. But I m afraid that I might have to go through divorce afterI get married -------- pls some1 answer is there any possibility of divorce from my chart ?
angel

Postby astroboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 pm

1. Due to the placement of which planet you think that I would have to work hard to achieve comfort in life ? is it exalted shani ?
Its a combination of planet's really, 8th lord Shukra with Saturn's aspect on the 10th house posited by Ravi.

2. As u said that shani wud have to deal with his enemy mars constantly ...agreed on that but it is an auspicious dhan yoga (conjuction of 2nd house lord mars & 5th house lord -shani in lagna) - is that true to assume/predict ?
True. But all other factors being equal Kuja and Shani, 2 malefics in the lagna is not good, No matter if he is yogakaraka. See the houses they aspect.

3. you said that that --> "difficult is the presence of the 8th lord in the 10th. This is impediment that will give you trouble through out your life. You just have to deal with it." - but if I m not mistaken 8th lord is venus who is also the lagna lord, venus is a natural benefic nd by virtue of being the lagna lord it can't do much harm only by being the 8th lord - (again It's my guess and based on some reading, I cud be wrong) - let me know if it is true to assume or not.
Yes Venus is the lagna lord. Some astrologers say that the 8th lord is a neutral since he is also the lagna lord. But I dont agree with this. Does it mean that the 8th house effects are not felt for a Tula lagna individual ? or for a Mesha lagna individual ? I dont think so. The 8th house effects will still be felt. 8th in the 10th will give rise to obstacles and impediments in the work area.

4. My main concern to post this message is exalted Rahu in the 8th house of Tauras he is aspecting my moon ... which may seperate me from my spouse after merriage. Me and my fiance both r mangalik (partially mangalik - if there is any such thing) We both live in US and we want to get married as soon as posible but due to some visa issues can't leave US right now. But I m afraid that I might have to go through divorce afterI get married -------- pls some1 answer is there any possibility of divorce from my chart ?
:D I dont buy Rahu's aspect on the 2nd. I agree that you are highly Mangalik by defination. But since you are in the US and also a career woman, the interaction between you and your husband is limited and so might just about avoid fights since there is little time and other things to do.
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby angel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:47 am

Ok astroboy ... surprisingly ... u r the only one who have classified me as being "highly mangalik". 3 out of 5 astrologer have said out right that I am NOT a manglik obviously they r wrong since I m already in my 27th yr of my life and not married yet and there r no chances that I would get married before my next b'day. And practially (not astrologically) I would be able to get married in Dec 2011 once my visa issues r resolved which means then I would be running the 28th yr which signifies the fact that I m a mangalik for sure. But "Highly manglik" how come ??? I thought I am just "lightly manglik" (funny term to use but I don't how else I put it) bcoz some rules (like mangal in tula a movable sign etc ...) the effect of managal dosha gets reduced.
And I have had 6 yrs of relation with my bf who is now my fiance since last 1.5 yrs (so altogether it's 7.5 yrs of relation as of now) and he is in his 29th yr which means he is manglik too (his DOB is 7th Jan 1982, 2:55 am, Place: Nadiad, Gujarat - India).

But I am not sure if this manglik dosha is bad thing for me. Since as of now I had no time to think about marriege. I personally felt like it is a mangal YOG (not a mangal dosha :D)that i don't have to get merried so early due to higher education (thanks to saturn maha dasha) nd making my career all that (so in a way these two malefics in my lagna - shani and mangal - have actually done their best that they can do for me problem seems to be the exalted Rahu and aspects of saturn for so much of delay in getting a good deserving job) ... it's only last few months since when our parents r pressurizing us to get merried and also we have decided too to finally tie the knots. But anyways as long as long it's only about DELAYING merriege I have no problems with that, but I would like to know that if this mangal dosha will lead me to the separation coupled with other unfavaourable planetary positions/transitions.

=== sorry to change the topic here, but I could not resist. ===========

Coming to the exalted Rahu in Tauras topic --> Does have anything to do with Chronic deseases ? I have a very compromised digestive system ever since I know too much of toxin in the body due to which I have skin problems as well and it is chronic, is that bcoz of rahu's position in my chart ?
angel

Postby devpatel » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:53 am

Here i would like to make a point about Rahu's deep exaltation.

Lets take an example of Aamir khan, who has deeply exalted RA
in 11th from moon in mrigshira taurus. we can see the power he has gained recently infact hes the most powerful in the industry and
4th most powerful Indian today. His power is only going to increase by leaps and bounds without doubts. If we can think of shahrukh
or any on else from the same industry or any other industry, the comparison could not just be made. We'll definitely see this fact
manifest in the future.... my prediction.
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby p.stranger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:04 am

hello all
I am also having rahu in Taurus in 12 th house, moon is in 11 th. I have passed Rahu MD Rahu AD and it was a very comfortable, peaceful and happy period. My reputation health improved during this period and I spent memorable time with excellent friends. I scored very good marks in exams also I got the job during this period. Currently I am Going through rahu-jupiter dasha. I went through hell during Mars Mahadasha so as soon as Rahu MD started things changed suddenly into my favour.

Regards-
Pradeep
p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:19 am

This means your lagna is Gemini and 9th house is Aquarius co-owned by Rahu. So, you can say 9th lord exalted in 12th. An exalted 12th house gives many benefits amongst physical comforts, focus on dhyana (Rahu being 9th lord) and Foreign journeys. It would be worthwhile to know if the dispositor Venus is in a trine of kendra and what its strength is. Also, if this exalted Rahu is aspected by Jupiter in your chart, it shall give good results. check Navamsa of Rahu it must be placed in a benefics sign with a benefic aspect.

p.stranger wrote:hello all
I am also having rahu in Taurus in 12 th house, moon is in 11 th. I have passed Rahu MD Rahu AD and it was a very comfortable, peaceful and happy period. My reputation health improved during this period and I spent memorable time with excellent friends. I scored very good marks in exams also I got the job during this period. Currently I am Going through rahu-jupiter dasha. I went through hell during Mars Mahadasha so as soon as Rahu MD started things changed suddenly into my favour.

Regards-
Pradeep
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby p.stranger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:33 am

Respected Astrosonu ji
Venus 12 th & 5th lord is placed in 2 nd house with sun . in navamansa rahu is in Aries with mercury in 11 th house. Rahu has given me physical comforts & helped me in education but not helped in career & finance.

My birth details are
23-jul-1984
Time 4:53 Am
place- Lucknow
p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:50 am

As expected Rahu is conjunct a benefic mercury that is a lagna lord with Vargottama lagna. Mercury has a very high shadbala. In upachaya 11th in Navamsa, Rahu will only give you good by rising high and high as the dasha progresses.

Your finances issues are owing to 12th lord venus in 2nd. Moon the 2nd lord and Mars the 11th lord have a low shadbala. You will have enough money dont worry about that. Jupiter alone will give you good finances.

Career wise you will do very good, nothing to worry. Jupiter the 10th lord is retro and exalted in Navamsa with great Amsa balas and vimsopaka about 15. So, it will give you good results. The problem is you have combination of 6 and 8 lords (Mars and Saturn) in 5th aspecting Jupiter your career lord. 6 and 8 combo indicates a curse. Your Amatayakaraka Mars is involved in thsi combo too. Hence the friction. Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.

p.stranger wrote:Respected Astrosonu ji
Venus 12 th & 5th lord is placed in 2 nd house with sun . in navamansa rahu is in Aries with mercury in 11 th house. Rahu has given me physical comforts & helped me in education but not helped in career & finance.

My birth details are
23-jul-1984
Time 4:53 Am
place- Lucknow
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby p.stranger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 am

[quote="astrosonu"]

Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.

[/quote]

Yes it's true growth is slow, though Saturn is exalted but after all lord shani is lord shani and also he is 8th lord that's why his aspect on Jupiter(Lord of 7th & 10 th) will delay both career and marriage. But as Saturn is 9th lord also so his aspect on 7th may bring luck after marriage.

Regards-
Pradeep
p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:16 am

But keep in mind that Saturn is not a malefic for you. It will just act per its natural characteristics.

Your growth will be exponential after marriage.

Do you invest in stocks shares or any speculative activities ? Chances are bright for a stroke of luck in those.

p.stranger wrote:
astrosonu wrote:

Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.

Yes it's true growth is slow, though Saturn is exalted but after all lord shani is lord shani and also he is 8th lord that's why his aspect on Jupiter(Lord of 7th & 10 th) will delay both career and marriage. But as Saturn is 9th lord also so his aspect on 7th may bring luck after marriage.

Regards-
Pradeep
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.