Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

PLANETARY COMBINATIONS FOR BECOMING A DOCTOR

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

PLANETARY COMBINATIONS FOR BECOMING A DOCTOR

Postby Basab » Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 am

i have read somewhere that the 6th house signifies a profession in medicine so logically the 6th lord connected with the 10th lord or the 6th lord in the 10th house can indicate career as a doctor. any more idea on this will be appreciated.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mandira » Thu May 03, 2007 11:08 am

i had also read that 2nd lord in 7th signifies doctor. I have this and my horoscope done at a young age mentions it, but am not a doctor.
mandira
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:46 pm

Below are the conditions to become doctor:

1. The influence of technical planets upon the fifth house.

2. The relation between sixth(medical science),fifth (education),tenth(profession) and twelfth(hospital). Tenth house must have technical influence.

3. The moon must be afflicted with the influence of jupiter as well. Afflicted moon signify poison and the influence of jupiter means the poison which is used for the welfare of human kind say medicine.

4. All these houses must have the influence of jupiter somehow or the other to tell that the work is related with human welfare.

5. Ketu also becomes important because it is the significator of intution which is required in diagnosis for a good doctor.
Last edited by anupam1968 on Fri May 04, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:03 am

i had also read that 2nd lord in 7th signifies doctor. I have this and my horoscope done at a young age mentions it, but am not a doctor

Second house is the house of attraction and seventh house is of marriage so it generally means love due to physical attraction which may culminate in disturbed marriage because second is also the eighth house from the seventh. Ofcourse if there are some malefic combinations as well to support this combination unless it also gives attractive companion.There are more meanings to this combination but I am referring to this one since this is what I have seen so many times.

In esoteric language you can also say that as it is eighth from seventh it signifies past birth relation and in present birth it becomes the house of attraction towards the same person.
But they are general things,so, they can be modified in accordance with the other combinations. In anyway second house cannot be termed as a house of medical line. If anyone is here to prove it I will welcome.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Fri May 04, 2007 3:29 am

Anupamji,
What abt someone in natural healing profession? Conditions will be same or this is only for medical doctors?
Also, past life connection is very intersting. I also have 2nd lord in 7th and abt person i wanted to marry, i always felt that i had known this person in my past life but of course marriage didn't take place.
Also what does parivartan yoga between 2nd and 7th mean in terms of the past connection?
Thanks !
Gold
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby Basab » Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 am

Anupamji & Mandira thanks for replying to my post.
Anupam ji,
you have talked about the technical influence, would be glad if you say which are the technical planets(i think mars is one of them) and like to know the logic behind talking about the technical influence on the 5th and 10th house.
you have also talked about ketu. how should it be placed in a birthchart to signify a profession of medicine.
should ketu have some influence on lagna, 5th, 10th, 6th, 12th or their lords?
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Basab » Fri May 04, 2007 5:46 am

i think 2nd and 7th connection gives health problems to the spouse. because the 2nd house is the 8th house from the 7th house which is the house of death and chronic illness as well.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rajitha » Fri May 04, 2007 8:28 am

Anupamji,
I had recently put in a query about my cousin with mysterious sickness. Like I mentioned earlier, he is a doctor.

I don't see any of the conditions mentioned by you in his chart.
Can you tell me how he still managed to become a doctor?
Giving his details again for your ref.
Nov 19th 1969 9:06 pm 13.25N 78.37E

1) Moon is not afflicted by any planet. It has no aspects on it from any planet in the natal chart.

2) There is no relation between 6th and 10th but there is a relation between 5th and 10th since Jupiter who rules the 10th is in the 5th house. The 12th house connection may be because of Jupiter being with 12th lord.

3) Ketu is not connected to any of the 6th or 10th or 12th houses.
rajitha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby vnrao » Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Dear Anupamji – I beg your pardon for intruding and replying on the query addressed to you.
The reason is - Just now I had occasion to study and reply the same chart presented by Mr.Rajitha under mysterious illness caption. Since the thoughts are fresh, I tried to match the criteria given by you. According to my analysis and knowledge, the chart of this doctor fully complies with all conditions.

Dear Rajitha – I hope you don’t mind my replying. In any case, I hope, Anupamji will give his views.

Conditions mentioned by our esteemed Anupamji, numberrwise is given first. In the next para, my findings are given.

1. The influence of technical planets upon the fifth house.

Technical planets are Sa, Ma, Ra, Ke.
Owner of 5H Ve in the star of Ra. Ra & Sa are aspecting Ve.

2.(a) The relation between sixth(medical science),fifth (education),tenth(profession) and
twelfth(hospital).

Ju Lord of 10 H is related to 5H by occupying it.
In Nava, Ke is in Scorpio (6H) with the star of Ve(5H & 12H), relating 5H & 6H.
Ra is in the star of Ju(10H). In Nava Ra is in Tarus (12H).

(b) Tenth house must have technical influence.

Mo in the 10H is in the star of Sa a technical planet.

3. The moon must be afflicted with the influence of jupiter as well. Afflicted moon signify
poison and the influence of jupiter means the poison which is used for the welfare of
human kind say medicine.

Mo is in Pisces (influence of Jupiter) under Papakartari Yoga of Ra & Sa(R).

4. All these houses must have the influence of jupiter somehow or the other to tell that the
work is related with human welfare.

5H occupied by Jupiter
6H owner Ma is Mo’s star. Mo is in Pisces.
10H owned by Ju
12H owner Ve is with Ju in Libra.

5. Ketu also becomes important because it is the significator of intution which is required
in diagnosis for a good doctor.

In Nava, Ke is in Scorpio (6H) with the star of Ve(5H & 12H), relating 5H & 6H
VNRAO, CHENNAI, INDIA
vnrao
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Basab » Sat May 05, 2007 4:33 am

hi Gold,
sorry for answering the question addressed by you to Anupamji. i think the 8th house is looked at for natural healing/alternative healing. the combinations Anupam ji has talked about is just for medical doctors. Anupamji can feel free to rectify me if i have gone wrong somewhere.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Sat May 05, 2007 9:18 am

Basab,
Thank you for replying. Can u tell me what to look specifically? Also what abt ayurvedic, homeopathic doctors? Will they be considered natural healers?
Thanks !
Gold
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby anupam1968 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Can u tell me what to look specifically? Also what abt ayurvedic, homeopathic doctors? Will they be considered natural healers

Actually the conditions of being a medical doctor I gave out as per the research by Dr. K. S Charak in vedic astrology magzine and I found it working well when I applied to the horoscopes of the doctors came to me. But as far as Ayurveda and Homeopathy is concerned it is difficult say anything for me but still logically speaking as far as ayurveda is concerned it is an old classical way of healing so it must be related with eighth house.

I dont know to what extent I am right but you will find that by the outer appearances Ayurveda doctors seem to be more influenced by jupiter and natural benefics rather Allopathic doctors. So, in ayurveda I think technical planets play rather less important role instead of Benefics planets. On the contrary allopathic doctors seems to be the doctors of this modern age and also this art of healing came from west which signify by technical planets. But still moon must be afflicted in both types of cases.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Basab » Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Anupam ji,
you have talked about the technical influence, would be glad if you say which are the technical planets(i think mars is one of them) and like to know the logic behind talking about the technical influence on the 5th and 10th house.
you have also talked about ketu. how should it be placed in a birthchart to signify a profession of medicine.
should ketu have some influence on lagna, 5th, 10th, 6th, 12th or their lords?
would be glad if you clear up these confusions of mine.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Basab » Sat May 05, 2007 9:17 pm

hi Gold,
avurveda, homeopathy definitely falls under natural healing. in these list you can also include accupuncture, reiki etc. benefic planets in the 8th house or the 8th house having connection with the 10th house or 10th lord or there being a raja yoga in the 8th house are the points which can indicate a career in natural healing. lagna lord connected with the 8th house or 8th lord can also indicate interest in natural healing.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Sun May 06, 2007 2:00 am

you have also talked about ketu.

Technical planets are rahu,ketu, saturn and mars. Medical profession is of technical nature so there must be the influence of technical planets upon fifth and tenth.

Somewhat or the other ketu relates with intution that is why its relation with the fifth house of intution can be regarded as an asset for being a good doctor. But this is not the main requisite to be a doctor. Add to that some persons regard ketu as a significator of medical field but I am not sure about it. I am just informing whatever I came across.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Basab » Sun May 06, 2007 6:43 am

got your point. thanks for the explanation, it was of big help. i have read about a combination for becoming a doctor, that is sun, ketu and jupiter being in the nakshatra of ketu or sun makes a person a doctor. for becoming a surgeon you have talked about mars, should it be again related to the 5th, 6th and 10th houses or their lords?
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rajitha » Sun May 06, 2007 4:18 pm

Raoji,
Thanks for clearing the confusion. I was not clear about the 6H connection. Your explanation is perfect. No questions on that.
rajitha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Mon May 07, 2007 3:15 am

Thank you Basab and Anupamji.
It all makes sense now. Allopathic doctors depend on lab tests so technical influence and for natural healing intuition will play a big part. Of course even in allopathy, intuition will be asset.
Didn't know abt ketu and 5th house mean intuition. I have ketu in 5th house and yes i am inutitive.
Gold
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby Basab » Mon May 07, 2007 4:21 am

strong 8th house can also mean intutive power and your 8th house is pretty strong. you have a dharma karma raja yoga the strongest of raja yogas in the 8th house so that does indicate intution.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 am

Thank you Basab !
Didn't know abt this strong 8th house connection with intuition too. Sometimes my intuition is very strong and just know the things which even surprises me. :)
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby Basab » Mon May 07, 2007 5:51 am

if you read Vaughn Paul's article you will see that it's written that the planets placed in the zodiacs cancer, piesces and the houses 8th and 12th gives clairvoyant visions in their dashas. even raja yogas in these house may also indicate clairvoyant visions. many planets in these houses and zodiacs also indicate the same, Anupam ji has 4 planets in the 8th house which includes lagna lord and the sun which indicates personality so that again indicates the clairvoyant visions he has been having in the dasha of mars in the 8th house, then there are multiple raja yogas in the 8th house formed by lagna lord mars, 10th lord sun and 7th lord venus so no wonder he get;s clairvoyant visions. you also have strong indications of clairvoyant visions or intutions as i have mentioned before.
Last edited by Basab on Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Mon May 07, 2007 6:57 am

My 8th house has 3 planets and 2 aspecting so definitly crowded. I have been alwasy interested in physic abilities and was facinated by it.
I am gonna go check Mr. Vaugh's article and see if i can figure out when will i get better at it. :)
Gold
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby Basab » Mon May 07, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi Gold,
you can definitely get better at it in this coming antardasha of the sun which is the 8th lord in the 8th house. it is starting from 10th june,07 so get prepared for some clairvoyant visions soon. in your navamsha also there is a raja yoga in the 8th house formed by lagna lord saturn and 10th lord venus so 8th house connection is strong in your birthchart. the sun is also the 8th lord in the navamsha and is aspected by saturn from the 8th house so this sun antardasha may be a time for a change in profession from IT to a professional psychic. best of luck for your new career. :lol:
Basab
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gold » Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 am

Some visions...now that's scary, Basab. :)
I will keep you posted with what happens in sun dasha.
I definitely don't see myself in IT for long...Just don't have any clear vision rightnow what i want to do if not IT. As per my knowledge you also have 8th and 10th house connection so we both will be doing something similar in future? :)
Gold
gold
Donor
Donor

Postby Basab » Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 am

hi Gold,
you, and scared? that's not possible. :lol:
clairvoyant visions may always not come to you in your waking state. it can come to you in your dreams like you talked about the intutive dreams you had seen. it can be that way as well.
the sun antardasha can be a period of sudden changes as there is the 8th house connection in the birthchart as well as the navamsha. so you are bored with IT, no wonder you are tired of IT otherwise a future professional psychic currently in IT is possible in joke books and not real life. :lol:
yes, Anupam ji said that i have a 8th house and 10th house connection but it's nothing compared to the 8th 10th connection in your birthchart. so logically it can mean that, i will become your assistant, assistant of a professional psychic. hope you will give me the job as a favour. :lol:
jokes apart, venus is vargattoma in your 8th house so another strong 8th connection, other than that from your lagna venus the 5th lord is in the 8th house with the sun, from the moon 5th lord mercury is in the 8th house with the sun and from the dasha lagna jupiter 5th lord sun is in the 5th house aspected by 8th lord mars by it's 4th aspect. in the navamsha there is a parivartan yoga between the 5th lord and the 8th lord venus and sun. so there is a repeated connection of 5th lord and 8th house and the sun is somehow entangled with those connections so that can simply mean this sun period will be a time for learning astrology, or some natural healing as well.
hello Dr. Gold. :lol:
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.