Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Exalted lord of Dusthana houses

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Exalted lord of Dusthana houses

Postby vin1984 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 am

Hello gurus,
I have a basic querry if someone is willing to clarify my understanding.

1) The lord of the dusthana's are evil.

If they be strong, then the significations of the dusthana is protected but they will spoil the significations of the house in which they are placed.
However if they are exalted, they will protect the significations of the house in which they are placed. Is this correct ?

For. e.g

12th lord exalted means & the 12H if unaspected by malefic - then the significations of the 12H will be protected. Also the house in which the 12L is placed will generally be protected by the 12L other conditions being considered.

Coming to my final inference -- thus if 12L exalted in the 7th house (also 7L is exalted in 5H) -- does this mean that the native can do business as 7H is the house of business & since 12L is exalted, there won't be any losses ?

Please clarify my understanding.

Thanks
Vin
vin1984
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Exalted lord of Dusthana houses

Postby Shrikanth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:43 am

Dear vin1984,

This is how I see the dusthanas in general.
Dusthana lords 3,6,8,12 inherently have all negative intentions and agenda.
Now if they are exalted then there significations, intentions and agenda are strengthened on the wrong side.

Explaining this with an analogy -
Dusthana lords are like a ferocious pet dog in your house - by nature they are capable of being violent and attacking but yet they are part of your home.
One can tie them to a post and hopefully reduce or limit the potential damage.
If they are let loose and assume they are instigated upon or teased - then their inherent qualities will rise and will cause them to attack and cause damage.

Now coming to your example
7th house is the house of business - but the 12th house is the 6th from the 7th - enemies,competitors,rivals, opposition to this business initiative.
Exalted 6th lord in the Ascendant is highly inauspicious for the health of the Ascendant.
So you can expect some weakness in the business - maybe involved in major fights, loss etc.,

In the world of dusthana management - one should have the dusthanas placed amongst other dusthana houses, or be in their own houses or be debilitated.

I hope this helps out.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby adijay » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 am

Dear Mr.Shrikanth, what if the dusthana lord is debilitated but the debilitation got cancelled. And also what happens if the the dusthana lord is combust.

Thank You
adijay

Postby Sunjit86 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am

Shrikanth wrote:Dear vin1984,

In the world of dusthana management - one should have the dusthanas placed amongst other dusthana houses, or be in their own houses or be debilitated.

I hope this helps out.

Shrikanth

So for example:

So if i have mars (malefic planet) in the 8th house exalted (Capricorn), its ok? I heard that it does gives some benefits but still there will be some negative effects.

This analogy was told to me by an astrologer:

Mars is like the principal of a school. Consider the fact if a normal teacher teacher you, you are likely to get average to good results. Also, your punishments , if you are naughty are not too bad. However, when the principal teaches you in class, you are more likely to get good to excellent results. However, if you are bad, get ready for a more severe punishment.

What do you think of this analogy?
Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 am

Dear sunjit86,

Awesome analogy. Makes perfect sense.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby vin1984 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello Shrikanthji
Based on ur e.g. let me put forth what I infer

1) Strong Lords of Dusthana will protect the significations of the owned house. However it will damage the house where it is placed.
The reason why I emphasize on the fact that it will protect the general significances of the house is due to the fact that the dusthana has some positive significations also -- e.g. 3rd house = valor & younger coborns.
Thus if the 3rd lord is strong then the native will be courageous etc

Also I had read in some article that a strong 8th lord in the 4th house will cause great damage to the significance to the 4th house unless it is exalted there. In that case it will protect the significations of the 4th house.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks
Vin

Shrikanth wrote:Dear vin1984,

This is how I see the dusthanas in general.
Dusthana lords 3,6,8,12 inherently have all negative intentions and agenda.
Now if they are exalted then there significations, intentions and agenda are strengthened on the wrong side.

Explaining this with an analogy -
Dusthana lords are like a ferocious pet dog in your house - by nature they are capable of being violent and attacking but yet they are part of your home.
One can tie them to a post and hopefully reduce or limit the potential damage.
If they are let loose and assume they are instigated upon or teased - then their inherent qualities will rise and will cause them to attack and cause damage.

Now coming to your example
7th house is the house of business - but the 12th house is the 6th from the 7th - enemies,competitors,rivals, opposition to this business initiative.
Exalted 6th lord in the Ascendant is highly inauspicious for the health of the Ascendant.
So you can expect some weakness in the business - maybe involved in major fights, loss etc.,

I hope this helps out.

Shrikanth
vin1984
Contributor
Contributor

Postby psha85 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:30 am

Interesting discussion.. what would exalted Mars in 10th ruling 8th (in aries lagna) have as an effect on career? And furthermore, this 10th house is ruled by exalted Saturn placed in 7th?
psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:56 am

Dear vin1984,

Yes, a strong dusthana lord will protect its signification based on its ownership.
For example a 6th lord in 6th is considered good and referred as Harsha yoga.
A strong dusthana lord does produce high level of potential for the dusthana lord to function in both ways (to enable it better to do its agenda based on house
ownership and also cause damage to the house where it is posted)

For example I know of a chart - Virgo Ascendant, Mars and Rahu (downright dusthanas for Virgo) placed in Capricorn with Mars exalted.
The native has spent hundreds and thousands of dollars - but yet to beget a child even after 10+ years of marriage.
Noteworthy is the fact that his brothers are quite prosperous and well placed, they have children and other material possessions.

- Answering psha85's question.
Lagna lord exalted in the 10th will help the native focus his attention on career and gaining recognition from work.
8th lord exalted will cause major downswings in his career during the periods of Mars.
But saturn as the 10L is strong in 7th - may have a tendency to be independent and can contemplate turning into an entrepreneur.

Hope this helps
Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby digitsoftime » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:36 am

Dear Sir,

What if Lagla Lord is also a Dushtana Lord as for Kumbha lagna?
In that case a stronger Saturn would be good in view of the lagna but bad in view of 12th house ownership..
and a weak Sa, the vice versa..
Is it not a lose-lose situation?
Thanks

regards,
Sunny
Deivatthaan aagatheninum Muyarchi than mei
varutha kooli tharum..
digitsoftime
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi digits of time

Saturn remains a func benefic for both capricorn and aquarius ascendants despite the ownership of L12 for aquarius and L2 (Maraka house) for capricorn..A strong and well placed Saturn will give good results for both lagnas

thanks
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby psha85 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Interesting.. and seems to be accurate analysis. Thanks, Shrikanth ji!
psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby digitsoftime » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks for the answer astro123

regards,
Deivatthaan aagatheninum Muyarchi than mei
varutha kooli tharum..
digitsoftime
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Exalted dusthana lords give exalted problems. Sri Rama had exalted 6th lord Jupiter in lagna. This gave him mighty enemy like Ravana.

However, Mere exaltation is not enough to define magnanimity. Amsas need to be checked. Also, vimsopaka in appropriate varga scheme.

Regards
Sonu
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby imann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:40 pm

What happens if the exalted/strong planet has a mixed lordship----like lord of 6th and 11th or lord of 8th and 9th ?

warm regards
iamann
imann
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 pm

hi imann

if the planet has a trinal lordship (1,5,9) in addition to dusthan lordship then that planet becomes a benefic...if it is say 6th/11th it will give the effects of both houses but the effects of its MT house may be stronger than the other house

thanks
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby soniya » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi,

Morning everyone. I have 8L jupiter in 8H, and by far jupiter antardasha has been the best period i saw in my life. it was like if i touched something, it turned into gold. Even my friends and family noticed that.
on the contrary in VE mahadasha , 6L VE (also the LL) is also in 6H, i feel there was ALOT of struggle.... although success was there, but i was so busy struggling that i had no time to enjoy or celebrate my success.

my birth details are,
22 sep 1984, lahore pakistan. 21:30

-my own example

regards,
soniya
soniya

Postby lovacrs » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Shrikanthji,

For example I know of a chart - Virgo Ascendant, Mars and Rahu (downright dusthanas for Virgo) placed in Capricorn with Mars exalted.
The native has spent hundreds and thousands of dollars - but yet to beget a child even after 10+ years of marriage.
Noteworthy is the fact that his brothers are quite prosperous and well placed, they have children and other material possessions.

How do you determine which aspect will flourish and which one suffer? For e.g, in the above example why did not offspring related matters flourish and siblings suffer? (of-course I dont intend anything like this to the siblings). In my case Ge Asc, 6th Lord Ma is exalted in 8th. While I consider myself lucky both on 6th house and 11th house matters (very few enemies, no major health problems, good friends), elder siblings have had problems.
CRS
lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby imann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks for the answer Astro123 ji.Dual lordships do complicate matters a bit.
warm regards
imann
imann
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vedavalli » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Message deletes.
Last edited by Vedavalli on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vedavalli
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dipa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:40 am

@ soniya

Miss I don't think you have reached Jupiter dasha as after Venus Dasha you have to run the following dashas before reaching Jupiter dasha of 16 years. Your birth star Magha is under the rule of Ketu with 7 years dasha out of which you must have gained some years. Thereafter dashas proceed in this manner

VENUS 20 YRS
SUN 6YRS
MOON 10 YRS
MARS 7YRS
RAHU 18 YRS

JUPITER 16 YRS

Since your given birth date is 1984 there is no way you could have reached the dasha of Jupiter by 2010.
dipa
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby moksha line » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:48 pm

dipa wrote:@ soniya

Miss I don't think you have reached Jupiter dasha as after Venus Dasha you have to run the following dashas before reaching Jupiter dasha of 16 years. Your birth star Magha is under the rule of Ketu with 7 years dasha out of which you must have gained some years. Thereafter dashas proceed in this manner

VENUS 20 YRS
SUN 6YRS
MOON 10 YRS
MARS 7YRS
RAHU 18 YRS

JUPITER 16 YRS

Since your given birth date is 1984 there is no way you could have reached the dasha of Jupiter by 2010.

hello dipa madam,

Soniya madam was reffering to jupiter andardasha and not mahadasha, ok ah? :wink:

Regards,
Moksha line
moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.