Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Navamsa Houses - All Are Houses of Fortune

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Navamsa Houses - All Are Houses of Fortune

Postby Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 am

Hi Learned Members

If we subscribe to the dictum that the Navamsa Chart can be read independently to the Rasi Chart to a certain extent (example of exceptions would be the corresponding Rasi sign fall on a Dusthana Bhava in Rasi chart, combustion in Rasi chart of the two said planets etc.), then all the houses in the Navamsa chart can be considered as houses of fortune with the 9th house being the greatest house of fortune of all.

So 1st house in Navamsa shows what is good about your personality. If it is Leo there like mine, it shows I am not petty and magnanimous. 1st house in Navamsa also shows which part of your health is your strongest, which body part you are strong, what is your best bet in your natural response to others etc.

2nd house in Navamsa shows what is the fortunate aspect of your wealth. Like mine it is Virgo there, it shows I am frugal in a way and that accumulates wealth. It also shows your disposition to others that comes from your altruistic motives. Like I like to criticise and point the fault of others but with no malice behind.

3rd house in Navamsa shows the style of writing that would be your best bet and which people would take note. The best way to deal with your siblings that would gain you fortune.

4th hosue in Navamsa shows what are the kinds of knowledge which you have the greatest reserve. Also the best bet to argue your stand with regards to traditional precepts and knowledge.

Etc.

Go through each of the houses in Navamsa and see how to get your pot of gold. See the sign overlaid there, the planet placed there, the karaka for that house how is its strength and where it is placed, see the lord of that house etc. Take each Bhava to mean the same thing as the Bhava in the Rasi chart.

Also note that the effects of Navamsa gets progressively stronger as one matures in life right from the start at birth. So the 1st house of Navamsa kicks off its effects once you are born but mabye not so strong. As you mature to a big child, Navamsa Ascendant becomes stronger. Ethics as ruled by the 9th house, the 9th house of Navamsa would not kick in until you are in your early teens. In the meantime ie. before your early teens, you show more characteristic ethical behaviour of the 9th house in Rasi chart. Also different people mature at differnt progress rates. Some mature early and some not.

Last but not least bear in mind that although all Bhavas in Navamsa are fortune houses, some have a stronger say in fortune :

1st house of Navamasa is more fortunate than the 1st house of Rasi.

11th house of Navamsa is gains in fortune - more so than the 11th house in Rasi which is more towards gains of riches. That is to say the 11th house of Navamsa has less malefic effects.

2nd house of Navamsa supports the 1st hour of Navamsa, so it is fortunate as well.

9th house of Navamsa is the grandest house of fortune.

10th house of Navamsa being 2nd to the 9th house of Navamsa denotes wealth.

6th house of Navamsa shows the kind of work you apply which you would gain employment easily. But it also weakens the fortune of the 1st house of Navamsa - the fortune impulse. Thus do not be tied to the obstacles laid by the 6th house in terms of having fortune impulses eg. exploring other options of fortune Also the 9th house of Navamsa serves this 6th house, care must be taken that one's fortune gained should not subserve the 6th house too strongly otherwise it does not lead to FURTHER fortune.

7th house of Navamsa is the gains to fortune being the 11th to the 9th house of Navamsa. If the 7th house of Navamsa is good, one can go into business. If one's 7th house in D-10 is mediocre but the 7th house in D-9 is fantastic, fight against all odds that prevent you the setting up of a business. Because once started, gains would easily come to you.

8th house of Navamsa being the rejuvenator of the 1st house of Navamsa (the fortune impulse) is not such a bad malefic house. It may even cause windfalls based on your impulse.

5th house of Navamsa being the 9th of the 9th of the kaya house of Navamsa, can sometimes lead to HIGHER fortune. This is based on the Bhavat Bhavam principle.

12th house denotes no fortune at all. Even then it is not so bad as the 12th house of Rasi. It shows the person is protected from seeking fortune because that may not be ordained to him by God. During the dasa or bhukti of the 12th lord of Navamsa, one should lie low and wait and evaluate all otpions before venturing the next move. But planets ruling two signs which include the sign on the 12th Bhava of Navamsa, this wait-and-see attiude may need to be modified due to the planet's lordship of the other Bhava in Navamsa besides the 12th eg. Jupiter ruling both 9th and 12th Bhavas of Navamsa for an Aires Navamsa Ascendant.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navamsa Houses - All Are Houses of Fortune

Postby Hyd123 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Khoo sir,

That was a beautiful post. Could you please throw more light on how it would be if it was an aquarius navamsa as saturn would be ruling the 1st as well as the 12th navamsa and how would it affect the native if the rasi lord moon was in the 12th navamsa along with Me its enemy and in an inimical sign.

warm regards
hyd123
Hyd123
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby krishnagopal1968 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 am

Khoo ji,

well written. especially on 6th and 12th navamsas.

However, the 8th position is known as Nidhanamsha and not good. In it's periods, sudden and accident happenings, break of marriage would happen. If strong, then gains from partner etc may be there.

The same theory goes for 6th and 12th too. If strong in 6th, then no conficts,smooth married life and in 12th good bed pleasures but all vice-versa if afflicted.

Hence in my view, it is condition of the lord which matters most, even in navamsa. Here functional malefics shall not gain prominence! For ex,if jupiter in 7th to capricorn in amsa, would indicate dominate spouse and heavy losses in business etc are indicated.
krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby delilah » Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 am

huh. So what if there is an exchange of houses from the Rasi to the Navamsa? In my Rasi chart the debilitated lord of the 11th house (moon) is in the 3rd. But in the Navamsa the houses are switch, the lord of the 3rd is the moon and it lies in the 11th house.
delilah
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Virgo1979 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 am

Hi Leong,

In My birth Chart , Moon is in Virgo, ascendant is Libra and 9th house has Mars in Gemini
In Navamsa,Moon is in Gemini, Ascendant is Aquarius and 9th House has exalted Saturn in Libra.

WHat does that indicate for me in terms of fortune?

Specifically asking this because , I assumed that when Saturn would enter Libra, I would have good luck, but during my sadesati I have really suffered a lot with no signs of good fortune yet.

So is my Exalted Saturn not helping at all?

Many thanks,
Virgo
Virgo1979
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby sekharn » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 am

Respected Khoo ji...

What could be the effect if 9th lord Venus is placed in 12H of Leo for a Virgo Navamsa... Is sun as 12H lord becomes malefic which is placed in 10H of Gemini... Can u please analyse my Navamsa chart for a better understanding...

DOB: 23-4-1971, 3pm, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh

Thanks & regards...
Sekharn...
sekharn
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ann » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 am

Hi Koo

"Navamsa Ascendant becomes stronger. Ethics as ruled by the 9th house, the 9th house of Navamsa would not kick in until you are in your early teens. In the meantime ie. before your early teens, you show more characteristic ethical behaviour of the 9th house in Rasi chart. Also different people mature at different progress rates. Some mature early and some not"

Could you say when the other houses kick in - at what ages - on average of course

Also if you have the 1st house (Leo) in navamsa and the ruler SUN is in 12th (in navamsa) what does this tell us?

Thanks
Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby nymphatics » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm

In my navamsa chart I have venus in 9th house in aquarius, would this bring wealth?
nymphatics
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby sekharn » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:40 am

sekharn wrote:Respected Khoo ji...

What could be the effect if 9th lord Venus is placed in 12H of Leo for a Virgo Navamsa... Is sun as 12H lord becomes malefic which is placed in 10H of Gemini... Can u please analyse my Navamsa chart for a better understanding...

DOB: 23-4-1971, 3pm, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh

Thanks & regards...
Sekharn...

Respected Khoo & Krishnagopal 1968 sir please can u analyse my chart for the above condition of 9th lord Venus being in 12H of Sun along with rahu... it will be very helpful for me if you can shed some light on its effect being 9th lord of Navamsa...

Thanking you
Sekharn...
sekharn
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kenchey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 pm

:D
Last edited by kenchey on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenchey
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby GNE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 am

Hi Khoo,

What about if someone's Lagna is vargottama, so all navamsa houses are the same as Rasi ?

I figure it would change the timing of when houses start show effects in one's life (like how you said 9th in navamsa is teens)

Any other information you have in regards to navamsa lagna vargottama?

much appreciated,
thank you
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kenchey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 am

Any replies please ...

Will i be successful in love and wealth? please advise mee
kenchey
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User