Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Interpreting transits

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Interpreting transits

Postby mathur_dinesh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 pm

You may like to read more on this topic at:
mathurastro(dot)blogspot(dot)com
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Hina » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:04 am

Last edited by Hina on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Hello Hina,
As an illustration we will take up your tenth house first from the ascendant and then from the major-period planet Ketu.
The tenth house from Taurus ascendant is Aquarius with Jupiter placed in transit there. Mars in transit in debilitation projects an aspect to the tenth house from the ascendant. Barring these there are no influences on the tenth house from the ascendant.
Let us take up Jupiter. It owns the eighth and eleventh houses from the ascendant. The tenth house has its sensitive point at 21 deg 28 min since this is the longitude of the ascendant. Jupiter currently is at 4 deg 16 min. It is not affecting the house directly. Its dispositor is in the fifth house from the ascendant and it is not harming the tenth house matters. Jupiter is in Dhanishtha constellation of Mars which in transit is in debilitation in the third house from the ascendant. It owns the seventh and twelfth houses from the ascendant and indicates a possible change as it relates the twelfth house to the tenth. It could also mean that you go away from your duties for a while till the close aspect of Mars remains on the tenth house. Mars is at 22 deg 50 min currently and it is influencing the sensitive point closely.
Taking up the place of Ketu as the ascendant we notice that this ascendant is in Leo. The tenth house from Leo is in Taurus where there is no planetary transit. Taking the transit of Venus we notice that it is in the fifth house from Leo with the Sun, Rahu and Mercury in Sagittarius. This transit does not adversely affect the tenth house and the associates of Venus too are good planets for Leo. Hence the indications given by transit from the birth ascendant are not substantiated by these indications.
You can take up other transits similarly as I cannot analyse the full gamut of transits in this limited space.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby lovacrs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Dinesh ji,

Thanks for the informative blog and illustration.

Is there any special meaning associated with chara karakatwa of planets, going by the meaning of the word 'chara'?

Also do you use the nava tara principle in determining the transit results? If so do you recommend seeing this bith from natal Moon as well as natal MD lord position?

CRS
lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:20 pm

I do not use chara karakatwa and nava tara concept. I take transits from the ascendant and from the place where the natal mahadasa planet is placed and merge the two results as stated in my blog.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Hina » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 am

Last edited by Hina on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

i have enjoyed your blog about transit

Postby zohra » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 am

dear dinesh ji,
i really enjoyed your blog with transit
will you apply the same concept with the shadow planet with rahu,
I do find difficult to understand the impact of this sub lord as it is difficult to understand its up and down

at the present time i am running venus rahu dasha. Venus lord of the period is lord 3 and lord 8 positioned in 12 house aquarius in my rasi chart. Rahu is sitting in my meena rasi lagna. So according to your process of understand the transit than from venus position, rahu is sitting in 2 house (rasi lagna) highlighting money and family issues. but what about the transit of the sublord rahu is entering sagitarius 10 house and in nakshatra of poorvadasha (venus) will you take the transit as a change of profession and or a loss as venus is also lord 8, and a little while venus will enter the nakshatra of shatabisha (rahu)

DOB 5 january 1969, 11:45 am provins france
zohra
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Zohra,
Please see the answer to your question on my blog.
Dinesh
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby p.mahesh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm

Dear Dineshji,

"I take transits from the ascendant and from the place where the natal mahadasa planet is placed and merge the two results as stated in my blog."

Do you also consider transit from the place of Antardasa (Rahu)
and pratyantar (Mercury) planets as Asc?

Regards,
Mahesh
p.mahesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

this is an amazing vedic explanation

Postby zohra » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm

Dear Dinesh

First of all thank you so much to have selected my thread and provided a fantastic details breakdown.
As i am a vedic student, the process you provided in explaining, will be a fantastic tool for other members to follow easily.
I knew that my rahu triggered to many questions and doubts on its impact on my vedic charts and specially in my current situation.

it seems that all the houses will play a dramatic act in my current period dasha.

I can relate to your quote
"Taking Venus (major-period planet) as the ascendant Rahu should give results of the II, VIII, IX and I houses."

As i am unemployed issues with money, share resources, loss has affected my family stability. Additionally, as 1 house represent my identity, i am fighting with my internal demons, worries and feel time to time physically sick

i was completely lost when you mentioned saturn, did not think to take into consideration in my analysis, hopefully as it is exalted in navamsha, hopefully my health and partnership will not be affected greatly.

quote "Hence Rahu will give results of the eleventh house". Hopefully it will relief me of some pressures

quote"Rahu is in a constellation of the Sun which is in Sagittarius hence the above conclusion will be reiterated" there is a consencus that rahu is the ennemy of sun, so is this transit will be not beneficial... :cry:

I thank you for taking your free time and vedic knowledge to respond to my queries

God bless
zohra
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lovacrs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:30 am

Dinesh ji,

[quote]Jupiter is in Aquarius (the major-period planet ascendant). Hence Rahu will give results of the first house.[/quote]

Is this because Rahu is placed in Pisces in natal chart? The relation through constellation and navamsha are appearing as separate points in your blog.

CRS
lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 am

Mr P.Mahesh:
Taking the place of sub-period or inter-period planet as ascendant for analysis of transits will be difficult since these minor periods operate with reference to the major-period.
Mr Lovacrs
You are right. The dispositor of Rahu in the chart is in Aquarius in transit.
Last edited by mathur_dinesh on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby p.mahesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 am

Dear Dineshji,

"Taking the place of sub-period or inter-period planet as ascendant for analysis of transits will be difficult since these minor periods operation with reference to the major-period. "

But, can we neglect the transits of sub-period or inter-period planets?

For transit sub-period planet, there can be two reference Ascendents
one the natal mahadasa planet and the other the transit mahadasa planet.
Which should be seen?

Also, during the period of a MD-SD-AD, do the transits of planets
who are of NOT MD,SD,AD also play a role?

Mahesh
p.mahesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 am

You are right. The transit of dasa planets, whether major, sub or inter is a very important element and cannot be ignored. I was referring to use of the natal position of the sub-period or natal position of inter-period planet as ascendant.
The position of the natal place of major-period planet as the ascendant with respect to which we analyse the movement of the sub-period planet is very important.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby p.mahesh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Dear Dineshji,

1) Do the results of transit planets
which are not of MD-SD-PD are experienced
during that period? Say for ex: Ven-Sat-Sun. If
transit Mars is placed close to sensitive point of 10th house.
Will that Transit mars influence on 10th be felt during the
Ven-Sat-Sun period?

2) A planet is lord of 4th house in D-1, and is in a sign in D-9
which coresponds to say 7th house in D-1. Which one of the
connections gains more preference in experiencing
the results in its period? Is it 4th or 7th house?

In otherwords, between lordship in D-1 and placement
in D-9, which has more preference?

Your book seems to give preference to D-9 than D-1
But, is it not that D-1 should be given more weightage
than D-9?

Regards,
Mahesh
p.mahesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Mr mahesh,
Primarily the transit of major, sub and inter period planets are important but since we take into account the constellation and navansha too through which any of these three planets move, many of the other transiting planets would also have to be considered.
It may not be right to say that navamsha is more important than the birth chart and I do not propose so but a planet in Cancer in the second house from the ascendant in Virgo navansha will give results of the second and fourth house both.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Need Help

Postby indranidotnet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Dineshji

I found that you are really helping people to know what is going on in their lives etc.

My health problems started from October end around Diwali. I was having very frequent urination and it continued till December end. From November onwards I started having very major health problems like frequent diarrea. I still had some energies left.

On 30th December I had an attack of a very severe diarrea and I lost good amount of weight after that. I am not having diarrea anymore, but I feel very weak and dont get energy at all. For this sick health, my work is getting affected badly and I am even thinking to quit my job.
Mentally also, I am almost shattered due to these reasons.

I am very worried regarding my health and future.

My Moon (Uttarabhadrapada) is piesces and ascendant is Taurus.

My birth details are as follows:

26th December 1968
Birth Time: 2:45 pm
Place of Birth : Kolkata

Please help me if you can highlight something on this. How long this period will continue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Indrani
indranidotnet
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Hello Indrani, Please hold patience for at the most one more month till the end of February 2010. You are now on the way to recovery. Please pray to Mother Durga for your recovery and recite Mahamrityunjaya mantra 108 times daily. You will be alright soon. Do not worry and do not give up hope.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Help

Postby Basab » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 am

Hello Indraniji,

If you don't mind, I would like to know from you whether you are an anxiety prone person or not. Actually there is this combination called Rahu-Moon in astrology, which gives a lot of anxiety and unhappiness, so whenever I come across a chart having that combination, I ask that person whether he/she has had anxiety related problems. Would also like to know whether the period since June 2008 has been extremely stressful for you. I was checking your chart and it indicates health problems since Feb 2004 so would like to know whether I am right in my analysis of your chart. I hope I can ask for this much favour being from Calcutta--your hometown--myself.
"You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger." -- Swami Vivekananda
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby indranidotnet » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Dineshji

Thanks for your reply.

I found that current Jupiter , Saturn and Rahu Ketu transit will have ill effect on health and career.

According to you, is it true?

Thanks once again..

Regards
Indrani
indranidotnet
Contributor
Contributor

Postby indranidotnet » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi Basabji

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I do think deeper a bit, thats true. But was not anxiety prone before. Sudden deterioration of health in the past two months, made me really anxious about my future.

For your information I didnt have any illness till August 2008. In September 2008, I had tennis elbow problem and recovered around January 2009. Around June 2009, I had wisdom teeth problem for some time. After that I was fine. The problem started from November 2009 and now my health is so deteriorated that I have lost all hope.

Its good to know that you are also from Kolkata. However I am staying in Delhi currently.

Regards
Indrani
indranidotnet
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Basab » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 am

Hello Indraniji,

Don't worry, everything will be fine. Thank you for the feedback; it was very helpful to me in my learning of the subject (astrology).
"You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger." -- Swami Vivekananda
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Transits