Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Sade Sati for Tula Rashi

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Sade Sati for Tula Rashi

Postby Shashi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

How should be the second phase of Sade Sati for Tula rashi considering that tula is the exaltation sign of saturn ? Note that second phase for Tula rashi will start from November of this year.

Any tula rashi natives who have experienced sade sati last time may please add the experiences. It would be a good exercise to analyse how tula natives have fared during the first phase of sade sati....
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sade Sati for Tula Rashi

Postby astro123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Good question..Additionally how would Shani tranist be for Cap and Aquarius Asc..Saturn is benefic for Libra,Cap and Aqua natives

thx
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 pm

For Aquarius rashi native, the current and next transits of Saturn are not Sade Sati at all. But Saturn being in 9th from their rashi, Tula transit will bring them considerable relief after a tough time of Ashtam Shani (during transit of shani in virgo, virgo is 8th from Aquarius, so it was Ashtam shani). If there are any Capricorn rashi natives, kindly give inputs on how was their saturn transit into leo ...
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 am

Shashi wrote:For Aquarius rashi native, the current and next transits of Saturn are not Sade Sati at all. But Saturn being in 9th from their rashi, Tula transit will bring them considerable relief after a tough time of Ashtam Shani (during transit of shani in virgo, virgo is 8th from Aquarius, so it was Ashtam shani). If there are any Capricorn rashi natives, kindly give inputs on how was their saturn transit into leo ...

Thanks Mr Shashi

I actually meant Capr and Aquarius Ascendants..I am a capricorn native and meena rashi and Saturn transit into leo was very good for me career wise...Saturn in Leo was aspecting my 10th house in transit..Saturn transit into Virgo has been bad for me...Diff to say how transit into Libra will be as it will be 10th from my Asc BUT 8th from natal Moon

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby cjappu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Dear Astro 123,
Sade sati is seen with reference to Moon. When Sa transits in a house prior to Moon it is said that Sade sati begins. It's transit to ur natal Moon house is 2nd leg and transit of Sa in house next to Moon is 3rd leg of Sade sati.
Hope this helps.
Rgds
cjappu
cjappu
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby sinecurve » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:18 am

astro123 wrote:
Shashi wrote:For Aquarius rashi native, the current and next transits of Saturn are not Sade Sati at all. But Saturn being in 9th from their rashi, Tula transit will bring them considerable relief after a tough time of Ashtam Shani (during transit of shani in virgo, virgo is 8th from Aquarius, so it was Ashtam shani). If there are any Capricorn rashi natives, kindly give inputs on how was their saturn transit into leo ...

Thanks Mr Shashi

I actually meant Capr and Aquarius Ascendants..I am a capricorn native and meena rashi and Saturn transit into leo was very good for me career wise...Saturn in Leo was aspecting my 10th house in transit..Saturn transit into Virgo has been bad for me...Diff to say how transit into Libra will be as it will be 10th from my Asc BUT 8th from natal Moon

thx

Given SA lordship/placement and running dasha, Theoretically SA is lenient on natives with Tula, Makar and Kumbh rashi.

Astro, You start your Astham Shani in Nov 11. The results could vary on your SA placement and running dasha.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !
sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 am

[quote="sinecurve
Given SA lordship/placement and running dasha, Theoretically SA is lenient on natives with Tula, Makar and Kumbh rashi.

Astro, You start your Astham Shani in Nov 11. The results could vary on your SA placement and running dasha.[/quote]

Hi Sinecurve

Thanks and yes i am awaree that ashtam shani starts for me in nov 2011 and co-incidentally i will be under Saturn bhukti around that time...Saturn in my case is well placed in d-1 and reasonably well placed in d-9 and d-10...

Also apologise for digressing from the topic of this thread...Members plz continue to discuss how sade sati would affect Libra rashi natives

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 am

Thanks Sinecurve,

Additionally its a Saturn mahadasha running for me which has been horrible so far. I actually believed that Shani transits and dashas are not that bad for tula, makar and kumbh but so far both sade sati and saturn dasha have been very bad for me. But I admit that it could be due to other reasons in the chart.

I would appreciate if other members could contribute to this study with their experiences with Sade Sati or if they have seen another case with Tula rashi sade sati.
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am

hello shashi

if you could write down ur birth details,it would be great and help us analyze ur chart

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rita » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 am

Hello Shashi,

Here is my experience of my first sade-sati:

My Lagna and Rashi are both Tula. And Saturn is in my 5th house in its own sign. I was also going through Shani mahadasha at the same time. I went through my first sade-sati when I was in my late teens and it was definitely very tough with lot of major changes. Change of country was traumatic - new environment was very difficult in every way. Tough living conditions with family's financial condition getting worse. Father was ill for long periods and hospitalised, he couldn't work. My own health was not good either. My engagement also broke after one year. I could go on and on........... I definitely don't remember many happy times during that period, the only positive thing was that despite all those events, I managed to acquire a very good education during that sade-sati which made my future much brighter.

I certainly hope this current sade-sati is not going to be harsh.

Rita
Warm Regards

Rita
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks Rita,

That was a very good case study since you are also a Venus native both by rashi and lagna and have seen a sade sati in your teens. You are right, Saturn being in 5th house might delay the education but will infact make the native very much educated in later age as he keeps studying even till his 50s. So, as it is said "Saturn delays, but never denies". Moreover, as I can assess, your Saturn would be in Kumbha which is also its own sign and has strengthened the education house further.

Regarding Sade Sati, things are becoming clearer now. Even for Vrishabh / Tula rashi / lagna Sade Sati is going to be a tough time and very much emotionally testing. So, as far as Sade Sati is concerned, Saturn is not lenient even towards its exlatation sign "Tula".

Also let me know if the second phase of Sade Sati when Saturn was in Tula was better or worse than the first phase because in the first phase it was in 12th from ur rashi (12 = Loss) but in second phase it was in ur rashi itself ... Also, how many ashtakvarga of saturn did you have in Tula and Virgo signs ?.. Would be eager to know whatever you would like to share regarding this ....

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rita » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 am

Hello Shashi,

Thanks for your response.

Here are the details of each period of the last sade-sati:

1st phase of sade-sati - Saturn in Virgo - 3rd Nov 1979 to 5th Oct 1982
2nd phase of sade-sati - Saturn in Libra - 5th Oct 1982 to 20th Dec 1984
3rd phase of sade-sati - Saturn in Scorpio - 20th Dec 1984 to 16th Dec 1987

Ashtakvarga points of Saturn:
12th house (Virgo) = 2
1st house (Libra) = 5
2nd house (Scorpio) = 3

Samudaaya Ashtakvarga (SAV):
12th house (Virgo) = 27
1st house (Libra) = 33
2nd house (Scorpio) = 32

In fact, first phase was not too bad, I was in the last two bhuktis of Jupiter mahadasha during the first phase of sade-sati.

But both second and third phases were very traumatic - materially, physically as well as emotionally When Saturn was in my Lagna (Libra), i.e. 2nd phase of sade-sati, the change of country and environment happened. Financial difficulties and health problems also started during that phase. Saturn mahadasha started in July 1983, which was during the 2nd phase of sade-sati. Sat/Sat dasha was very tough. Break of engagement occured during that dasha and 3rd phase of sade-sati.

Regards
Rita
Warm Regards

Rita
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks Rita,

This gives some valuable insight ... When Saturn was in Tula Rashi, it was in 1st from your rashi and first stands for "Self". So, it gave you health problems. Shocking part is the ashtakvarga theory failing in your case. Saturn had ashtakvarga as high as 5 in your Tula and still you suffered so much.

BTW, I can give you another case study for comparison. Its my sade sati going on right now. First phase is toooooooo bad. Lots of problems with enemies and life is so hectic that I dont get to sleep for even 4-5 hours per day. I have worked very hard on education / career and dealing with enemies during this time but seems things do not give the required results. Still, during my Saturn - Saturn Mahadasha (Sade Sati had not started then), I definitely had to work very hard but got good results. My problems started mainly with Saturn - Mercury and Sade sati. Probs were at the peak in Saturn - Ketu and are still very prominent. In the first phase, Saturn has only 1 bindu in Virgo. But in second phase there are 4 bindus of saturn. I am afraid that the strengthened saturn might give me more problems the way it happened in your case.

Lets see... trying to take up more studies on this topic ...Wishing all Tula natives a smooth sade sati ...
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rita » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 am

Hello Shashi,

Yes I'm not sure about the Ashtakvarga implications. However I believe that the dasha/bhukti definitely play a large part in the effect of sade-sati on an individual.

Have a look at this link.........it provides elaborate information on the physical, material and emotional impacts of sade sati:

http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Topics/Sade_Saati.htm

Regards
Rita
Warm Regards

Rita
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 am

Hello Mr Shashi and Mr Rita

Where is ur Saturn placed in the natal chart.??.Yes it could be a func benefic depending on your Asc but if it is placed in 6/8/12 or aspected by malefic ,it beneficience will be reduced...The Lordship of Saturn in ur chart is equally important..If they own evil houses sade sati will be more challenging..one can also look at Saturns placement in d-9

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks Rita for the link...

Astro,

I am Ms. Shashi :) .. Anyway, my saturn is lord of 9th and 10th (yogakarak for taurus lagna) and placed in 5th house (ideally this placement is called Mahayog and Dharma Karmadhipati Yog). Venus is in 11th house directly opposite to Saturn and its my Saturn - Venus dasha going on. So dasha - subdasha lords are 1-7 from each other. They are friends and one is lagna lord while the other is 9th as well as 10th lord and they are aspecting each other.

In d-9 my Saturn is in 7th house and its own sign capricorn.

Actually my chart is strange... all astros who have seen it tell me that it has lot of good yogas (including Raj Yog by "Saturn - Suo Motto", "Saturn in 5th house exchanges house with Mercury in 10th which is lord of 2nd and 5th", "Venus as lagna lord placed in 11th which is its exaltation sign and aspects 9th and 10th lord Saturn placed in 5th", etc..) and favourable dasha (of Saturn Yogakarak) but still actually nothing happening right now complies to this belief ....Infact Sade Sati started one and a half years after the problems started ..
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 am

hello ms shashi

Hmm.thats quite interesting...Saturn is a string benefic being YK and well placed in the 5th in a friendly sign and the fact that it is in its own amsa makes it even more stronger..Venus aspect on saturn is also good as venus is a natural benefic and the lagna lord ..Also the fact that Saturn is transiting over its own natal sign could be giving stress in addition to the ongoing sade sati..The reason i say is that Saturn is in virgo in my own chart and i am going thru a bad period myself inspite of saturn being a benefic in my chart...Has sade sati been bad overall or bad say for specific areas like career, relationships/marriage etc

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks astro,
A point well caught by you is that these years have been very bad, to the extent that I never had any enemies and now facing tough problems from enemies (bro's wife who has filed false cases) who are practicing extortion against my family. Have lost health, happiness and money ... But a significant point to be noted here is that I am continuing education (inspite of already being PG) though not able to give any time to it because of my full time job as well as family problems. These situations have also forced me to read lots of law books. Now this indicates two things :
1. Saturn is in 5th house : I am continuing studies inspite of all odds (Saturn never denies effects of the house)
2. Saturn is lord of 9th and 10th : I am becoming more spiritual and working inspite of the severe problems at home.

Thus saturn though is making me work very very hard, is also giving effects of the houses it lords and the one it is placed in. Apart from that, Sade Sati is causing loss of money, emotional turmoil and worries on account of enemies. I am too busy to get married and so marriage is not on the cards for the next 2-3 years at least.
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shashi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

This makes me believe that Sade Sati is definitely a problem even for those with Yogakarak Saturn and Saturn well placed in good sign and house. One doubt that I always had was that since Sade Sati is more of a rashi concept (moon), it would be affecting a person only mentally and emptionally. But now it is clear that it affects a person even physically (health), financially and socially ...

Unfortunately harsh but true, Sade Sati is a big problem inspite of all Ashtakvarga theories and Yogakarak concept !
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shashi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm

What would you say about Saturn transiting 6th from your lagna ? Would it be good or bad for the enemies (6th house = enemies) ? According to the general theory, good planet's transit is good in good houses while bad planet's transit is good in bad house (counting from Lagna) ... Members are requested to give the inputs ...
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 am

Shashi wrote:Thanks astro,
A point well caught by you is that these years have been very bad, to the extent that I never had any enemies and now facing tough problems from enemies (bro's wife who has filed false cases) who are practicing extortion against my family. Have lost health, happiness and money ... But a significant point to be noted here is that I am continuing education (inspite of already being PG) though not able to give any time to it because of my full time job as well as family problems. These situations have also forced me to read lots of law books. Now this indicates two things :
1. Saturn is in 5th house : I am continuing studies inspite of all odds (Saturn never denies effects of the house)
2. Saturn is lord of 9th and 10th : I am becoming more spiritual and working inspite of the severe problems at home.

Thus saturn though is making me work very very hard, is also giving effects of the houses it lords and the one it is placed in. Apart from that, Sade Sati is causing loss of money, emotional turmoil and worries on account of enemies. I am too busy to get married and so marriage is not on the cards for the next 2-3 years at least.

Yep, ur right that Saturn never denies the significations of the house he is placed in.. In ur case shani is in 5th which among other things denotes intelligence ,future luck and fortune..As far as marriage is concerned since U r running Saturn MD it may be possible in its dasha since Saturn from 5th is aspecting ur 7th house of marriage and 2nd house of family affairs..One has to look at the placement of 7th lord mars also..Most likely to happen after nov 2014 when Saturn moves to Scorpio (7th house) or under Saturn/Mars period

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 am

Shashi wrote:What would you say about Saturn transiting 6th from your lagna ? Would it be good or bad for the enemies (6th house = enemies) ? According to the general theory, good planet's transit is good in good houses while bad planet's transit is good in bad house (counting from Lagna) ... Members are requested to give the inputs ...

Difficult to say..Saturn will move to 6th house from lagna to libra in nov 2011 and will be exalted there..6th house is both a dusthan and an upachaya as 6th also denotes the house of service..I do not know how will Saturn behave Wrt enemies but shud be reasonably good for ur professional life as it will behave like the 10th lord exalted in the 6th.But if we take the dictum that planets in the 6th do well over a course of time ,Saturn shud give good results in the later half of its stay in libra.. Also keep in mind that ur 6th lord in the natal chart is also ur Asc Lord Venus and Asc Lord never harms the native intentionally

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shashi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks astro...

That was a good analysis. You are right, if I ever get married, it will be after 2014. And as you said, 5th house saturn should bring fortune but later in life.
Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anushree44 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 am

Hi All,

Being a Libran,My Yogakarak Saturn would make well equipped not only survive but benefit from this Sade Sati.
This is my 1st and the only one for me in this lifetime....I am filled with excitement and apprehension at the same time.
Would like to share my experience of this wake up call...

My saturn is with Mars 2nd from moon ,So coming 6.5 years will be a hell of emotional exhaustion for me.
Its just been a year so far,started at the age of 24...fair enough..!! I find it very emotionally bantering though ....forcing me on self reliance than dependence on others....
From a phase where I was craving for emotional support and over dependence on relationships to a phase now giving me independence and putting me on my own,taking away relationships,emotional support,increasing frustration and apprehension and yet transcending from faith in others to faith in my own-self.

I feel as if I am tied up,programmed like a robot,that I have to survive the circumstances and "quitting" is not allowed in the game,increasing my urge to do well and succeed and accepting that I cant get away this time! I have been forced to learn to accept that things are meant to be the way they are.. than pushing for change.
I am slowly unveiling the true side of me-- be it physical, emotional, mental,or even spiritual stamina.
I have learnt to bring out the strength from within..something which I never knew I had deep inside..
All for good I realize....more importantly an invaluable learning.....

All i know is that by the end of this sade sati,besides paying off my karmic debts,I will truely be a better person..wealthier, though balder, or looking older....examining and uprooting the egoist traits in me to transcend to a different level of maturity in thought and an upliftment of the power of my mind and will and offcourse development of this soul which didnt get it quite right the 1st time around in my previous birth...
All these seven rainbow years..will add a different hue to my life.. colourful and yet very richly filled with both struggles and worldy gains..for me to surely be deeply impressed with the true depth and hidden powers that will come to surface under the intensity of the pressure of this Sade Sati..

Shani Sade sati is taking me on a ride my life is destined to go,and not allowing me to change gears or lanes while driving...too add.. now the speed breakers come under my wheels after every single mile I cross.
Instead of a wishful straight drive along side green pastures and trees,I am driving on a dry zig-never ending terrain,exhausting in the scorching heat,but no choice...I halt to freshen up at a crappy deserted gas station,gearing up just for a few final miles before my destination,I start my engine and hit the road to realize that the road is never ending and miles and miles of lonely driving,I cant give up,cant stop driving,After two days..i am almost out of fuel,no sign of human life,leave a refueling station,I feel frustrated,exhausted and in despair lost,blank and blind all at once...I close my eyes and say"God! why are you doing this to me..??" and my nose can sniff a different warmth all of a sudden..smells like roasted chicken....I realise I have been starving for two days and my stomach surprisingly finds its lost appetite while my eyes suddenly go from blind to blurry struggling to figure out the blue and red Neon sign board of KFC!! :-D

Thats how Sade Sati treats us... continuous struggle,taste of hope & despair and surprises you when you least expected.
All the best to one and all who are sailing in this similar boat as me..

Warm Regards,
Anushree
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...
anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Basab » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 pm

anushree44 wrote:This is my 1st and the only one for me in this lifetime....I am filled with excitement and apprehension at the same time.

Hi Anushree,

How are you saying that this is the one and only sade-sathi for you? Won't you live for another 30 years. Being so young now, I am sure you will; and if you do, then you will get the second sade-sathi too. Most people with a full life span of 70-75 years get 2 sade-sathi definitely, so I am surprised by your confident statement that you will get one sade-sathi only.
"You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger." -- Swami Vivekananda
Basab
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Transits