Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Remedies for those facing troublesome Rahu MahaDasha

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Remedies for those facing troublesome Rahu MahaDasha

Postby explorings » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Couple of things that are helping me in my Rahu MahaDasha (MD), which is by the way really troublesome for me are:

1. Lighting lemon diyas (9 or 27) in Durga temple during Rahu Kalam. Especially if Rahu MD is affecting marital bliss.
2. Recite durga saptashati (1st chapter) or Argala Stotra or Kilak Mantra. The first one is the best. (Please read Saindhaviji's post on proper proceedure for recitation: viewtopic.php?f=12&p=93364#p93364)
3. Rahu kavacham
4. Saturday Fast (break the fast after sunset and eat food without onion and garlic)
5. 108 times Rahu beeja mantra
6. Rudra Abhishek on Mondays
7. Donate black/blue blankets to sweepers or orphans
8. Pranayams Daily (Nadishodhan is the best) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCK1jBfR ... re=related

It works to clear confusion or illusion created by Rahu

P.S.: Mantras/Slokas for 2, 3, and 5 are in the slokas and devotional music thread (http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 349#p93348)
Last edited by explorings on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Re: Remedies for those facing troublesome Rahu MahaDasha

Postby Saindhavi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Explorings,

Thanks. That's a great post about Rahu solutions. But there is a particular order in which these have to be done. Can you please enumerate the order?

Have you perceived a clear diminishing or subduing of Rahu effects after following these Nivarana methods?

I wish someone had told me about all this when I was going through the worst period of Rahu Mahadasha. But by the time I came to know I should do Durga Saptashati, the greatest damage was already done and Rahu Mahadasha was about to be over. I got the Durga Saptashati recital and the homam done anyway.

Pariharas also come to us if only we are destined to benefit from Pariharas.

By the way, here is the precise link to your other post -

viewtopic.php?f=12&p=93349#p93348
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038
Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Saindhavi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:30 pm

More on Durga Saptashati (also called Devi Mahatmya) -

Here is a link, from where you can download a PDF of this text with verses in Devanagari and Hindi translation, published by Gita Press, Gorakhpur -

http://www.4shared.com/document/48cm_ga ... -Hind.html

Now, in my understanding, even if one is reciting the 1st chapter, one should follow the proper nyasa and preliminary recitation of verses etc, as given in the beginning of the PDF (see "Patha-Vidhi).

This should be followed by Devi Kavacham, Argala Stotram, Kilakam, Vedic Ratrisuktam, Tantric Ratrisuktam, Devi-Atharvashirsha, Navarna and Saptashati-Nyasa (all of these precede the 1st chapter in the PDF).

Finally, 1st chapter should be recited followed by "Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu" and the Rig Vedic Devi Suktam (See video links above).

Durga-Bija mantra - "Om Aim Hrim Klim Chanundaye Vichchai" should be recited in the beginning and end of Ch 1 recitation.

In the end, Kshama Prarthana should be done (see p. 214 of the PDF), followed by any prayer for Durga (Bhavani Ashtakam by Adi Shankaracharaya is a good choice - see video link above).

Explorings,

I hope you are following this procedure while reciting the Chapter 1st of Devi Mahatmya (also called Durga Saptashati).

Meemu,

Thanks.
Last edited by Saindhavi on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038
Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kandhan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi

Here is a link to Siddha Kunjika Stotram:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2DhJWEgdqA
Nothing is free except God's Grace.
kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby onlyhope » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:32 am

"Pariharas also come to us if only we are destined to benefit from Pariharas."

I agree. My Rahu mahadasha has reduced me to a big zero, and its only after it was over, that minute positive changes started happening. Feels like my life is ruined even before it could start.

Suffering was/is in my naseeb, so there is no escape. :-) Karma rules.
onlyhope
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kandhan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:33 am

onlyhope wrote: My Rahu mahadasha has reduced me to a big zero, and its only after it was over, that minute positive changes started happening. Feels like my life is ruined even before it could start.

hi

imo, if the karma is drida then the remedy eludes the native. if the karma is adrida then simple remedies will bear fruit.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.
kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby explorings » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Saindhavi wrote:Explorings,

Thanks. That's a great post about Rahu solutions. But there is a particular order in which these have to be done. Can you please enumerate the order?

Have you perceived a clear diminishing or subduing of Rahu effects after following these Nivarana methods?

I wish someone had told me about all this when I was going through the worst period of Rahu Mahadasha. But by the time I came to know I should do Durga Saptashati, the greatest damage was already done and Rahu Mahadasha was about to be over. I got the Durga Saptashati recital and the homam done anyway.

Pariharas also come to us if only we are destined to benefit from Pariharas.

By the way, here is the precise link to your other post -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 349#p93348

Dear Saindhaviji:

Well said about the Pariharas.

I was advise to read Durga Saptashati and Kunjika Stotram through different people on various occasions... I conveniently ignored it until recently... I plan to write how remedies are helping me in my on going Ra MD soon (hopefully this w/e)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=125#p93425
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby explorings » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I recently read a wonderful article on this forum on using vedic gemology. The article shares experiences as well as details how wearing Turquoise (gem for Ketu) may complete Rahu and pacify his uneasiness, thus providing some relief to those suffering from Ra MD.

I would like to highlight a few phrases in this article:

Franci wrote:I'm in Rahu mahadahsa, and at the beginning of Rahu-Saturn sub-period, I began to have serious health problems; after a while, I realized to suffer from scleroderma, a rare an dangerous autoimmune disease (my Rahu is in the 8th house). One of the symptoms of this disease is the Raynaud phenomenon, a vasospastic disorder causing discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas, because of cold. It can lead to necrosis, amputation, and it is extremely painful.
Rahu in vedic gemology is considered very cold (ultraviolet); but his counterpart, Ketu, is the hottest one (infrared). And Ketu is opposite to Rahu. Ketu is the missing part of Rahu.
Well, I began to wear Turquoise, that belongs to Ketu, and since then my fingers are quite normal, and the very strong chronic fatigue that was another symptom of my disease, disappeared totally.
I tried to remove for long periods my Turquoises, and all this symptoms came back again; now, I wear Turquoises on a regular basis, for example for few hours everyday, and I feel rather well, and I’m not afraid as I was before.
Turquoises have some elements like copper and phosphorus, and in medical researches they are considered very useful for sclerodermic people.
So, they can be a good complement to the normal medical care.

Vedic gems are not a superstition, but real science (we have to consider also that in ancient times they didn't know the existence of elements, but the right association between Ketu and Turquoise was made, probably using empiricism).

Franci wrote:yes, wearing gemstones is helping my health, but helping me to manage very well, with great serenity, and less sufferings, many of the bad effects of Rahu in its Dasha as well.
They are helping me with others too, because people is much more kind and communicative with me when I wear the gemstones that are the best for me. This is strange, but true.

And Rahu, that is terrible, has a positive side, because he can stimulate an interest in the knowledge of esoteric matters.

Franci wrote:Yes, Cat’s Eye is for Ketu, but Turquoise as well. It is written in many of the books or websites about vedic gemology.
Turquoise contains iron, copper and phosphorus; it is a very good gem for rheumatic diseases, because of these elements, and for autoimmune diseases.
In every ancient tradition, all over the world, Turquoise is considered a very energetic and positive stone.

Ketu is always opposite to Rahu, so that it was simply logic for me to try to fight Rahu "cold" problems with its other half (in vedic gemology Rahu is the very cold ultraviolet, and Ketu the very hot infrared).

This can seem strange, because Ketu is Rahu itself, but Rahu gives problems to us because he is a half only, and not a normal whole body.

Thought this might help, if someone is facing similar problems in Ra MD.

The entire thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12228#p94136
explorings
Donor
Donor

Re: Rahu MahaDasha and Lighting Lemon Diyas during Rahu Kala

Postby explorings » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:49 am

Lighting Lemon diyas in temple (preferably Durga temple) is the best remedy if you are facing any troubles during Rahu MD. These diyas have to be lit during Rahu Kalam in a temple only and not at home.

Rahu Kalam: (Period of Rahu):
Every day Rahu Kalam lasts for 90 minutes (duration differs according to the length of the time between sunrise to sunset) and is considered to be the most inauspicious for any new venture or religious or holy activities during this time.

Here is an approximate time frame and an easy way to remember it is to remember this phrase:
"Mother Saw Father Wearing The Turban Slowly"

Mother = Monday : 7:30 - 9:00
Saw = Saturday : 9:00 - 10:30
Father = Friday : 10:30 - 12:00
Wearing = Wednesday : 12:00 - 13:30
The = Thursday : 13:30 - 15:00
Turban = Tuesday : 15:00 - 16:30
Slowly = Sunday : 16:30 - 18:00
Last edited by explorings on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Re: Rahu MahaDasha and Lighting Lemon Diyas

Postby explorings » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 am

How to make Lemon Diyas:

1. Take yellow or green lemons

2. Roll the lemon

3. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice. Offer this lemon juice to a plant or tree (on streets not the ones in our house)

4. Gently turn/invert the lemon inside out so the skin side (green or yellow side) is inside and the pulp side is outside so that it makes a cup like structure where u can pour oil or ghee.This is the most difficult part. If you damage any lemons during this part... throw them away, do not use them.

5. Add 2 cotton wicks and sesame (til/gingelly) oil or ghee and arrange them on a plate (in any way circular, line, etc.). Add few grains of raw rice, kumkum and haldi to each lamps and also in the the plate.

6. Light the lamps during Rahu Kalam (see above post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12115&p=95701#p95701)

7. If for some reason you cannot light this in a Durga temple, Ganapati temple is also okay. If temple is not possible try to light it in a safe place on streets or outside of your house in a garden, balcony, etc. (temple or holy place is still preferred as goodness of the place will neutralize evil influence of Rahu/Ketu).

Lemon lamps are usually lit in odd numbers 5, 7, 9, etc. I usually light 9 lamps... for each form on Maa Durga. These lamps are used to ward off all evil influence of Rahu/Ketu from our family and body and thus should not be lit at home.

If you cannot light lemon lamps, try to light ordinary lamps with ghee or sesame oil.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby prem999 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:08 am

Saindhavi ji,
It was perhaps a question asked earlier - what would be the best day/time for Saptashati? best day to start, continue until completed and best day to complete ? does it have any niyamas for that day / duration during which parayana is done?
prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sharjah » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 am

Hello,

My birthdate is 6/12/1975 and birth time is 00.31 am.I am presently going thru Rahu Mahadasha. One astrologer has asked me to wear Gomed. I have started wearing Gomed since last 10 days but I feel increased amount of depression,anxiety & restlessness. Another astrologer meanwhile has told me to immedialtely take out Gomed as it is not of any use for me & has suggested Ruby & Moonga.

Can someone guide me which stone is appropriate for me.

Rgds,
sharjah
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby explorings » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby explorings » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm

sharjah wrote:Hello,

My birthdate is 6/12/1975 and birth time is 00.31 am.I am presently going thru Rahu Mahadasha. One astrologer has asked me to wear Gomed. I have started wearing Gomed since last 10 days but I feel increased amount of depression,anxiety & restlessness. Another astrologer meanwhile has told me to immedialtely take out Gomed as it is not of any use for me & has suggested Ruby & Moonga.

Can someone guide me which stone is appropriate for me.

Rgds,

Place of birth, please?

Thanks.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby sharjah » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:15 pm

place of birth is Jodhpur-Rajastan.
sharjah
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby explorings » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Sharjah:

I have moved this query to another thread where it is more appropriate.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12253&p=97283#p97283
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby Karnik » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:03 am

Maybe I can add one:

Doing one mala/round a day of Kala Bhairava mantra can definitely help with anybody facing Rahu MD.

The mantra is " Om Kaal Bhairvaye Namah "
Karnik

Postby man » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Last edited by man on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
man
Contributor
Contributor

Postby man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 am

Respected Shilpa ji & explorings,

How can i start to plan and What proactive steps in the next few months I have to take - so I can tide over that rough period”

This is worst period of my entire life as I have done nothing and being penalized, secondly I have got several interview call in last one year and on last moment when all things seems right goes wrong suddenly (it is almost sudden and opportunity vanished infront of me by leaving lot deprecation for me).

As per my desktop software Rahu – Mars pratyantar start from 22 March 2013 and running Rahu – Moon till 22 March 2013.

Since from last 16 years struggling with Rahu (9th house) , putting 100 % efforts and getting 50 % result as bad luck always chased me like any thing. Now I am bit frustrated and coming 2 years seems more difficult to cross 18 years of Rahu because now I am mentally harassed by hitting on my career front.

Totally depressed and demoralized and always thinking about career and gradually my health started going worst to worsen

Finally once again requesting you to suggest by vast knowledge and experience Dos or Don’ts with a plan and proactive steps to make sustain myself from avalanche heading toward me from lighting speed.

Keenly awaiting for your reply

Regards,
Man
man
Contributor
Contributor

Postby explorings » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:41 am

man wrote:Dear Respected Astrologers and Friends,

DOB : 14/06/1976
Time: 23.10
Place : Indore

Presently Rahu Mahadasha & Moon Antar dasha, Rahu in 9th house of chart &
moon in 12 house. Please suggest to overcome from on going Job / Mental
Problems.

Present Job remain or have to quit, getting N number of opportunity but not
able to materialised any of them, every time something happened which will
drag me away on finalisation stage.

Rahu dasha last after two years in 2014. Writing mail with few words and
very large hope.

--

Thanks & Regards,
Man

Replied to your query in another thread as it is more apt for that thread.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12253&p=109349#p109349
explorings
Donor
Donor

Postby man » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 am

Respected Explorings,

Thanks for your kind guidence.

Regards,
Last edited by man on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
man
Contributor
Contributor

Postby basab14 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 am

onlyhope,

Where is your Rahu placed in your chart, and is it afflicted by malefics? I agree with you that if a person gets a bad planetary period for a long time, a lot of his life gets wasted, and when he gets a good period, it becomes too late for the person to take advantage of that.

onlyhope wrote:"Pariharas also come to us if only we are destined to benefit from Pariharas."

I agree. My Rahu mahadasha has reduced me to a big zero, and its only after it was over, that minute positive changes started happening. Feels like my life is ruined even before it could start.

"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda
basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sanjeev24 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 am

Dear Exploring,
Would request suggesting a suitable remedy for my Rahu Mahadasha-
My details are as - DOB 24.08.1958, Time 02.15 hrs, Place of birth- Ambala Cantt ( Haryana)
My concern is career, health & official relations
regards
Sanjeev
sanjeev24
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby Godalmighty87 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Hanuman / Lordess Durga / Ganapathi can be worshipped for Rahu-Ketu related problems
Godalmighty87
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby Godalmighty87 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 pm

@ explorings---wonderful explanation. Thanks
Godalmighty87
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Next

Return to Remedial Measures and Spiritual Practices