Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

Postby shweta_554 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am

Warm Greetings to All!

It's a well know fact that Ketu in 12th house from Atmakarka in Navamsha can cause attainment of Moksha after death.

But while reading Bhrigu Sutra on Net, there was a mention, if Ketu falls in 12 from Lagna, the person will go to hell after daeth. Now it shall not be the hard and fast rule. But I will like to know the opinion of our respected astrologers, that why so much difference? and the reason and probable logic behind it.

Warm Regards,
Shweta_554
shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Dear Shweta,

I believe the dictum includes when Ketu in 12th from Atmakaraka in Navamsa and aspected by Rasi drishti only by Benefics - then the person attains moksha.

Based on my limited recollection; I believe Ramana Maharishi comes very close to this dictum - close not exact - there are benefics aspecting but one malefic I guess. He was indeed an highly elevated soul.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby rajitha » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:10 am

Sweta, I hope your other belief is not true. I have never read that Ketu in 12th from Asc in rashi chart will go to hell.

Again, applying it to a person, if a person is destined to go to hell, I would assume that surely the person will show bad traits and samskaras.

It would be hard to believe that a person with sattvic traits and Ketu in 12th will go to hell.
rajitha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby shweta_554 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 am

Dear Shrikanth ji and Rajitha ji thanks for the response.

Rajitha ji, neither I believe that (I stumbled to it on net in Bhrigu Sutra)one will go to hell, having Ketu in 12th from ascendent. It will be too rash to say this, and just like Ketu in 12th from Atmakarka itself do not promise Moksha unless other factors support the fact. Similarly, just Ketu in 12th from ascendent shall not send person to hell, unless other factors from chart say so.

What I am unable to understand is what is the reason of considering Ketu in 12th from ascendent bad, when it is good, in case it is 12th from Atmakarka.
shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm

I have seen a person who has Ketu in the twelfth house and I must say he was one of the meanest person I have seen so far. But we know this does not say everybody must be mean whoever has Ketu in the twelfth house. We already know every planet has two aspects good and bad. On the negative side Ketu gives severe complexes, psychological abnormalities, anger, fanaticism, explosiveness, violence, unconventionality, amorality etc. etc.

On the positive side it gives universality, impressionability,idealism, intuition, compassion, spirituality, self sacrifice, subtleness, detachment and finally salvation. Now how Ketu will behave in the twelfth house for that we should take into consideration the whole of the horoscope.

For example the person I am talking about had the aspect of eighth lord Saturn on the fifth house from the house of gains. The lord of the fifth house was in the sixth house with Rahu. The ninth lord Jupiter was in debilitation in the seventh house that also in paapkartari yoga. The ninth house was receiving the asepct of Mars from the sixth house Saggi. The ascendant lord Moon was in the fourth house in kemadruma yoga. The ascendant was receiving the aspect of eighth lord Saturn. Last but not the least the tenth house of Karma was also afflicted because the lord Mars was in the sixth house in nodal axis without any beneficial aspects

Now all these combination will give a picture of highly greedy, immoralistic and cunning man. Now if this man has Ketu in the twelfth house, its meaning must change because there is no support from anywhere. It must not be moksha karak but must increase all the maleficity of the twelfth house which we all know that it is the house of Bhoga or physical enjoyment also.

So, in that case after scrutinizing everything we can accept that Bhrigu is right when he says that Ketu from the Atmakarak in the twelfth house goes to hell. But if fifth and ninth house are strong and recieving the aspect of strong benefics, the tenth house of karma has the influence of benefics then of course the meaning must change and we can conclude that Ketu in the twelfth house is pointing towards severe detachment from every worldly enjoyment so it can be termed as Moksha Karak.

Now I will move a step away. What would happen if in spite of having all the benefic combinations the person has afflicted Ketu in the twelfth house. For me it depends which planet is afflicting and from which house he belongs to. Like imagine that Ketu is getting afflicted by second lord Mars now in this case the immense struggle will be there between materialism and spirituality. The person may trap in the dichotomy of being spiritual and materialistic. He may want to tread upon the path of spirituality more than sincerely but deep inside he has material desires as well. Now whether he will come out of it and may get enlightment this depends which instinct is taking edge over other and then again the whole horoscope will come into play.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Narayan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Dear Friends and Respected Gurus:

Its quite amazing to me that everybody is keeping on talking about Kethu for Moksha and thinking it is pretty much related to Moksha. As far as Kethu is concerned, it just puts light or shows path or one can say, it helps in giving knowledge and it helps for one to be introvert...but apart from that, I have told previously as well in other thread as well 12th Lord, 12th Lord Depositor, 8th Lord, 8th Lord Depositor, Sun Atmakara, and Jupiter and these planetary involvements are most most vital to say that one is having high chance of enlightenment. Why the 12th house is being related is because it gives more detachment and that is what it does and kethu is known for that. So, it is believed that for real detachment to happen, realization should happen.

Most prominently 8th Lord association with Jupiter and Lagna Lord having connection with 12th Lord and sun etc. is more important. As you all respected people know, 8th is where soul lies...so it has to be connected to the relative planets for enlightment or Moksha.

Regards

Narayanan
Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Caliber » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 am

While we discuss Ketu in 12H from AK, has it been concluded that RA can be taken as AK or not? There are two versions that says RA can be considered as AK and others say we should not consider RA to be AK.

Also any idea about KE in 12H from Moon lagna?
Caliber
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jason » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum.

Anupamji, dont we need to assess navamsha as well for spirituality?
As for saturns aspect on lagna, there is also aspect of jupiter on lagna.
This makes lagna very important and all the more strong too.
isnt it?

Narayanji, Nice point made.

jason
jason
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby rajitha » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:27 am

Anupamji,
You are right. As you know, I have Ketu in my 12th house. I can say I do have some cunning nature sometimes but I never use it to decieve anyone. My conscience does not permit decieving anyone.

And, like you said benefic influences on my 5th, 9th and 10th may be responsible for this.
You know that I have Jupiter in 9th aspecting my asc and 5th houses.
I have Moon in 10th aspected by Mars & Mercury.

So, thanks for clarifying that.
rajitha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:35 pm

[quote]we need to assess navamsha as well for spirituality[/quote]

Jason Ji,

What I gave was nothing but mere information about Ketu and its importance. But of course Navamsa and Vimshamsa both are important to reach the final decision unless it will be like lopsided approach.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Meena » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:59 am

Ketu in 12th house gives different results based on Lagna.Lagna mean particular Rasi. Ketu alone give such result 100% and not with aspect or association.It's placement in exaltation/debilitation/friend's house etc effect the result.After taking all the points into consideration Ketu's nature in making a native abandon the worldly comforts and seek for Moksha can be understood.
Meena
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shweta_554 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:06 am

Thank You Anupam ji, you have cleared my doubts, and I can now understand the different aspects and reason for considering Ketu Good and Evil under different circumstances.

Different placements and aspects are like pieces of puzzle and until we put them together we can not get the whole picture (nor can construct whole picture clearly until understand their individual implications). It's nice to learn what are other factors and planets to be taken in consideration for spiritual value of chart as pointed by Narayan ji. Thank you all, I am learning so much here!
shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jason » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:58 pm

anupamji,

the chart you are talking about looks interesting.

could you please share the D.O.B details for our study. ?

thankyou!

jason
jason
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby anupam1968 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes, sure. Below are the details:

23 feb.1973, 16.00pm, Delhi.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby jason » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 am

anupam ji,

the navamsha for this chart looks good for spirituality.

the person i think would go well ahead with material desires first.

the mercury md from 2004 would bring in spirituality.
its in 9th house aspected by 5th jupiter in navamsha.
moreover mo ke combination will bring in strong detachment after
maybe loss of partner/wife/business.

what do you say?

jason
jason
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby anupam1968 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Jason ji,

One lady came to me with these births details to ask me whether she should marry him or not. Just within minutes I said leave this person aside unless you may just create hell out of your life. But that lady started suggesting me that this person is very good at heart, utmost caring, philosophical and more than honest. She had been with him since 2 years so I became doubtful about myself and in confused state of mind gave her permission to go ahead saying might be I am wrong. But I told her to go to one more astrologer who is regarded to be like a saint astrologer today and also world famous.

He also nodded his head in approval and I became sure that I was wrong in analyzing the chart. But just after the marriage the real face of that man came outside. He was a real brute and a living animal. Forget about everything and just concentrate upon his fifth house of Antakarna or heart. Saturn, being the eighth lord is aspecting his fifth house of emotions. Saturn is a natural malefic and being the lord of eighth the worst of its maleficity will come into play that also when there is no benefic influences on the fifth house.

Now see the lord Mars. He is in the sixth house in nodal axis so there is no respite. Mars is also not getting any benefic influences. So, it is sheer combination of severe psychological abnormalities which he had undoubtedly. The significator of mind, Moon, is in Kemadruma. The significator of mind, Mercury, is getting the aspect of eighth lord Saturn.
The ninth house of dharma is getting aspect of afflicted mars that also from the sixth house of ingratitude. There is no benefic influence upon the ninth house. The lord of the ninth house is in debilitation and involved in paapkartari yoga means malefic in adjacent houses namely Mars, Rahu and Sun.

Then see the house of karma because thinking is one thing and materialising the thoughts into karmas is another. The tenth house is receiving the aspect of Moon which is good but the same Moon is in nodal axis in the navamsa getting the aspect of malefic Saturn. The tenth lord Mars is already severely afflicted in the lagna kundali.

Now after combining all these things see the house of speech. It has the aspect of Sun-Mercury means intelligent talking but what kind of intelligence is it? See the fifth house, ninth house, Mercury and Jupiter and it will come to you. The planet which signifies soft feelings, Venus is with sixth lord and also he is at the last of his degrees which makes him debilitated in navamsa. He is also involved in paapkartari yoga in the natal chart just like Jupiter.

Add to that when he married he was running the major period eighth lord Saturn. I told him 5-6 years back bluntly that if he would not change his karmas he may not get anything and still today he is a big unsuccess roaming here and there aimlessly.

The lesson is when karma is fixed destiny drags you by your neck. That was why I became confused in spite of giving right guidance at the very first time when I saw the horoscope of this person. That lady made me confused. The saintly astrologer also gave wrong guidance in spite of being known as a greatest astrologer of today. The lady befooled herself by blindfolding her eyes that I came to know when she shared some of things later on with me about what she faced before marriage.

Even in this Mercury Md he has not improved.
Last edited by anupam1968 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

judging spiritual astrology

Postby mettad » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 pm

it is amazing how things can be interpreted from the charts!
Last edited by mettad on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
mettad
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mettad » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm

deleted
mettad
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

Postby anoopsehgal » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 am

Anupam ji,

I'd like your help to get a full horoscope reading for myself. Kindly provide me an e-mail or e-mail me at anoopsehgal@gmail.com

Regards,
Anoop.
anoopsehgal
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby roops » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:48 am

Anupam ji,

I just happened to pass by this thread while searching for topics like ketu in 12th house. My brother has his ketu in 12th from ascendent and I have ketu in
12th from Atmakarka in Navamsha. I have faced a lot of hurdles to achieve a position in my life. I still face lots of problems in career and relationships, but being a self motivated girl i have come over every situations. I am a loner and I feel hard to express my feelings to my friends or even to the person whom i love. Many a times I feel so detached that I just want to leave everything behind, go into complete solitude.

I want to know what role ketu has to play in my life....will it take me towards spirituality and salvation?
Details: 1stOct1982/4:35PM/Allahabad

-Roops
roops
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dt1980may » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:04 am

Hi,

My birth detail are

DOB : 6 May 1980
Time : 4:15 AM
Place : Himatnagar, Gujarat

Please find planet details of my lagna kundli.
Moon Rashi - Dhanu
Pisces lagna
2nd house - Budh + Surya
4th house - sukra
6th House - Mangal + shani+Rahu+Guru
10th House - Chandra
12 house - Ketu.

Do I have chances of Moksha?

Thanks
dt1980may

Postby dv.harsh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 am

Dob :- 10th december 1987
time :- 04.05 am
Place :- mumbai

Ketu is 12 from asc...
ketu is 12th from atma karak (shani) in navmasa

Ketu Md from 2007 -2014

worst patch of llife :- 2009 and 2011 ...especially 2011from jan to oct end....

Any views.
Regards,
Harsh dave
dv.harsh
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Return to Remedial Measures and Spiritual Practices