Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Entire money should be sacrificed to God!

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.

Moderator: spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Entire money should be sacrificed to God!

Postby dattaswami » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm

In the preaching of Vasishtha to Shri Rama, it is said that money is the root basis of all worldly bonds (Dhanamulamidam jagat …). The meaning of this statement is that the money is earned due to all the worldly bonds. For the sake of happiness of yourself, your wife, your children, your parents etc., you are earning the money. If all these disappear, you will not have the bond with money, since in such stage money becomes totally useless.

Therefore, the bond with money is only indirect and not direct. It means, you are not having any direct love to money. The love to money is only due to love to all the worldly bonds. Your bond with the money is based on the roots of your worldly bonds. As long as your bond with the money exists, it means that your worldly bonds exist. The only proof for the destruction of your worldly bonds is the destruction of your bond with money. As long as your bond with money exists, you cannot claim that your worldly bonds are cut. One may leave his family and stay in a foreign country for the sake of earning money. He may claim that his family bonds are cut. After completion of earning, he will go back to his family.

To prove this, if you catch his earned money, truth comes out. One may stay with his family, but if he sacrifices all his money, it means all his worldly bonds including the bond to his body are already cut. Therefore, money alone stands as the proof for all the worldly bonds including the personal bond with the body. Therefore, Veda says that the detachment to worldly bonds is only by the sacrifice of money alone (Dhanena tyagenaikena …). When all the money possessed by a person is sacrificed to God, it is a proof for the destruction of all his worldly bonds including the bond to self.

This sacrifice proves the liberation of soul from all the bonds including the bond to itself. This total sacrifice is the total liberation or total salvation, but such sacrifice should be for the sake of God alone and must be due to love to God only and not for the sake of some other cause. Salvation without devotion to God is useless. A mentally retarded person may also do such sacrifice and it cannot be the salvation, since the basis here is ignorance due to madness and not God. Some people do such sacrifice for the sake of the welfare of the society and such sacrifice is good, but still it is not the salvation. Such people reach heaven for a specific period of time and return back to the earth.

Thus, a good sincere politician with patriotism to society of humanity can reach the heaven for sometime but not God forever. Salvation should be based on devotion to God. Mere salvation is meaningless and should not be asked in the prayer. Gita sharpened this concept of sacrifice of money by introducing karma phala tyaga. If you sacrifice your hard earned money for the sake of God, God will be pleased, because it is very difficult to sacrifice self-earned money. If it is self-earned money through hard work, its value is deeply realized by you and the sacrifice becomes more difficult. Thus, Gita always gave the concept with more clarification and more sharpness than Veda. If your love to God is full, your sacrifice will be also full. The value of sacrifice depends on the extent of your sacrifice and not on the extent of sacrificed money.

In the presence of Jesus, several rich people were donating huge amounts. A beggar donated just one Deenar and Jesus immediately appreciated the beggar, since the total money with the beggar was only that one Deenar. That beggar was granted salvation and not those rich people, who donated hundreds of Deenars. Therefore, salvation is an item to be sold by God, but the rate depends not on the extent of the money, but depends on the extent of sacrifice of money. When your sacrifice is not full, you are trying to purchase the salvation, which can never be purchased. When your sacrifice is full, the salvation is sold.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Maharani » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 am

What rubbish! Get off the site and let someone else talk for a change.
Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Why is india always suffering with poverty?

Postby dattaswami » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Maharani wrote:What rubbish! Get off the site and let someone else talk for a change.

How it can be rubbish! If you feel rubbish you shall come up with equal arguments against the post!

The Indian scholars have developed several tricks to do 'Karma Phala Tyaga’ and keep the fruit with themselves. For 'Karma Phala Tyaga’, both the human form of Lord and the money (Karma Phala) are required like a paper and pen for a test. One intellectual way is to offer the food (Karma Phala) to a statue and then eat it as remains but the God has not even eaten a grain. Another intellectual way is to say that every man is God and the eating of food by a man is considered as eating by God. So you eat the food and say that God has eaten the food and you say that you have done ‘Karma Phala Tyaga’ to the God. Such intellectual tricks result in storing all your 'Karma Phalas' with yourself only. Like this, Indian scholars have covered their greediness by intellectual interpretations. The heart is full of love and the brain is full of intelligence. Indians have connected brain to God and the heart to their family. It is reversed in the case of foreigners. Love results in karma phala tyaga. But intelligence results in knowledge, praying etc., without practical sacrifice. This brought poverty to India. When the wheat flour was blown away by the wind, an Indian scholar says,

“I sacrificed this flour to the Lord”. Let us take a foreigner. He earns, enjoys and donates for good cause. He will ask his child to earn and live after certain age. The family bonds of the foreigners are very weak compared to the Indians. Hence, huge love is stored in them without much diversion to the family bonds. Therefore, once they come to know about the Lord fully, they will jump with full intensity of love and devotion. They reach God quickly by their strong 'Karma Phala Tyaga'. He does not store even for his children due to such frankness and simplicity in his thoughts. God blessed almost all the foreign countries with lot of wealth. However much knowledge may be rained in India, it does not come into practice. All the rain on loose soil goes down only. In foreign countries, when the knowledge is rained, it is converted into practice immediately. The rain on a rocky soil flows on the surface as a river and becomes useful for all the people. Even in the path of science foreigners are practical people whereas Indians are theorists. This is the psychology that is coming in the Indian tradition for the past several generations. God blessed Indians with lot of intelligence and blessed foreigners with lot of wealth. Gita says that in whatever path you approach the God, in that same path the God approaches you.

I have told this, so that Indians rectify themselves and make India wealthy by Lord’s grace. It is clear that even the Indian spiritual centers are grown by the sacrifice of foreign funds only. Swami Vivekananda wept loudly, “Why my country with such a rich knowledge suffers with poverty”? This is the answer given by Swami.

The four dogs around Datta sacrifice work (karma sanyasa) by watching the feet of Datta. The cow which is along with Datta sacrifices its milk (karma phala tyaga) for the Lord even avoiding its calf. Both karma sanyasa and karma phala tyaga put together is called ‘karmayoga’. Karmayoga is greater than karma sanyasa as per the Gita, which is the service done to the propagation of knowledge and devotion by the Lord. This is the only path to reach Datta.

Today is 'Guru Purnima' indicating the full moon. Moon indicates mind. The full moon indicates the strongest mind i.e., the strongest determination as indicated by the word ‘Purnima’ which should be diverted to Guru Datta. You should direct all your love towards Guru Datta. That can be proved only by ‘Karma Phala Tyaga’ (Donating the money) i.e., by offering Guru Dakshina. Lord appeared on Purnima day. So every full moon day is Guru Purnima. Guru Dakshina proves the real love on the God and not the Pradakshina that is moving around Guru Datta. Give Guru Dakshina on every Purnima that comes in every month.

Gita goes on stressing on Karma Phala Tyaga by stating "Do Karma. Do not aspire for the result and for the fruit. Surrender the fruit to me". In the first chapter of ‘Yoga Vasistam’, even Lord Rama was asked to come with money to offer the Guru Dakshina. The first mantra of the first Upanishad says, "The whole world is the wealth of the Lord. Take the minimum requirement. If you have taken more, return it back to the Lord. If you claim that the extra belongs to you, you have stolen the wealth of the Lord. The stolen money will bring you only the sufferings”.

“Gurussakshat parabrahma”. Guru means Sadguru and He is Datta. He takes your sins through food and money you offer to him and can rid you of your sins proportionally so that you will be happy and can do sadhana. SAI told that the bread offered to Him was their sins. One rupee-gurudakshina of a poor man is equal to one lakh of a rich man. An individual is unable to do this and so scholars do not take meals and money from others. ("Aparigraha vratam''). People never liked to act as priests for the same reason. No one has the patience and power to take the sins of others and so people followed ‘Vaisvadevam’, which means not to take food or anything from others. Only Lord can do this.

The sadguru uses His energy obtained by taking the food offered by you in teaching knowledge. He also uses the money offered by you (Gurudakshina) for propagation of knowledge and devotion to uplift all and in helping poor devotees. Due to this sacrifice, sadguru is called ‘DATTA’ which means ‘sacrifice’.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Maharani » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:08 am

Its verbal diarrhea. The purpose of this website is to discuss astrology not spew out navel gazing rubbish. Do you know what the word "discussion" means?
Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Yes........

Postby dattaswami » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Maharani wrote:Its verbal diarrhea. The purpose of this website is to discuss astrology not spew out navel gazing rubbish. Do you know what the word "discussion" means?

If one criticizes with some substantial point then one can answer. Without any substantial point if somebody criticizes, then leave it. Several people criticized Jesus in His lifetime. Even the priests criticized Him. But, they did not come with substantial points. Therefore, if there is some substantial point in the criticism then it is welcomed. Then we must attend to it. We must supply the answer and enter into a discussion. You may be right or I may be wrong. Why should I say that I am right and you are wrong? Let us discuss and if you are right then I will accept your point. If I am right then you accept mine.

Both of us are only co-operating with each other. The common aim is to find out the Truth. It is not the question of whether you are right or I am right. Only important thing is: what is right. The quarrel comes when you tell that you are right or I am right. When the truth is superimposed on the person, the quarrel never ends. If in the discussion one feels that he is going to be wrong and other person is going to be right, then he will never end the discussion. You may think, Oh! I am going to be wrong and my opponent is going to be right, if such attitude comes, there will not be any end to the discussion. Truth is neither related to you nor related to Me. I have told something. You have told something. Either your point must be correct or My point must be correct, supposing there is no possibility of a third point. Whatever point seem to be right in the discussion, we both will accept. It is not the question of your point or My point. It is not a house restored by Me or it is not the house restored by you.

We put the mutual effort to find out the truth. A single brain sometimes gets mislead. When you discuss with somebody then some new angles are opened.

Sometimes the new point from the other person may open our mind and we may find that our point is wrong and his point may be right. Then without any prejudice, we will accept the truth because our intension is not to prove ourself as right or the other person as wrong. Our intention should be only to find out the truth through shrewd analysis with the help of somebody. We also should have this attitude. Then only the discussion will proceed in the right path.

Whenever a minister takes his post, he performs an oath. We must take this as the oath for discussion. Somebody criticizes without any substantial argument. Then it means, he has jealousy against us. He is criticizing due to jealousy. If he tells that you are wrong etc., in the discussion, no relevant point has come other than the words used to show the jealousy! Only his jealousy is expressed. So what can one answer to such person? His intention is not to find out the truth. His intention is only to discourage you and scold you. When Jesus was in the court, those priests just blamed Him.

They did not come out with real points from the scriptures like such and such points are in the scriptures, why are you modifying them and let us discuss. Those priests did not come forward like that. They simply critisized Jesus and mentioned that You revolted against scriptures and revolted against Roman Empire etc. Their attitude was only to kill Jesus but not to discuss the knowledge with Jesus. That is why Jesus kept silent. He never answered to the Governor also, who asked why do you keep silent, why don’t you reply? He kept silent because there is no substantial point on the other side. Their aim was only to kill Him but not to discuss the knowledge and know the truth. That is why He kept silent.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Maharani » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 am

In case you didnt read what I said, the purpose of this website is to discuss astrology. If you cannot do that, stop posting irrelevancies.
Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Postby vairagya » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:30 pm

dear maharani,

you are right!

dattaswami, i have to say.. posts so much crap and nonsense.

he started a thread on OSHO few days back.. and when all replied
and he had no answer, he just flew away.

this is ofcourse, philosophy section and we can discuss that here but
all this nonsense posts are simply a pain.

read all his posts (if you have the courage :lol: !!!) and they are
absolutely childish and junk.

these are harsh words, but what to do ..?

best wishes
vairagya
vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Some people say ‘we do not need any knowledge’

Postby dattaswami » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm

vairagya wrote:dear maharani,

you are right!

dattaswami, i have to say.. posts so much crap and nonsense.

he started a thread on OSHO few days back.. and when all replied
and he had no answer, he just flew away.

this is ofcourse, philosophy section and we can discuss that here but
all this nonsense posts are simply a pain.

read all his posts (if you have the courage :lol: !!!) and they are
absolutely childish and junk.

these are harsh words, but what to do ..?

best wishes
vairagya

The Lord preached Gita only when Arjuna fell on His feet and craved for the divine knowledge. The Lord said that trying to give the divine knowledge to the people who are not interested due to their ignorance, egoism, jealousy and greed is like throwing a stone on the pond of mud (Krutstnavit Na Vichalayet). But Sankara went to the house of Mandana Misra and begged for a debate. Then Manadana Misra abused Sankara and refused the debate. But Vyasa and Jaimini who were present there objected to such attitude.

Then only Mandana Misra entered into a debate and the debate continued for twenty-one days. At the end Mandana Misra realized the truth and became the disciple of Sankara. Here Mandana Misra was benefitted and not Sankara. Therefore you must try to uplift all the souls in this world. Even if the mud falls on you, you must have patience. Sankara did not return back even if Mandana Misra abused Him in a pungent way. The father tries to correct his son even if his son scolds him. Such kind attitude is the divine nature. Krishna tried for kauravas and Hanuman tried for Ravana even if they were insulted. Ofcourse you should leave a rigid person, which should be your last resort because such person is destined to his fate.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rita » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 am

dattaswami,

One question I would like to ask you (and please answer HONESTLY) - how much of all this knowledge have you been able to apply to yourself and your own life?
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby dattaswami » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 pm

rita wrote:dattaswami,

One question I would like to ask you (and please answer HONESTLY) - how much of all this knowledge have you been able to apply to yourself and your own life?

A duck is laying a golden egg every day. You should take that egg and use it for your needs. It is unnecessary for you whether the gold is present in its stomach or whether it is stealing the golden egg from outside and is giving to you. You need not analyze Me to see God in My human body which is just like cutting the stomach of the duck, which becomes useless. You may say that you want to worship God directly through the human form so that you can please the God since it is your absolute aim.

But I say that God is more pleased if you worship His real devotees. If you worship the devotees God existing outside or existing in Me is more pleased than direct worship to Him. His devotees are greater than Himself in His view. A human incarnation may not be available always because of the complexity in the identification. Therefore, worship My devotees who are really sacrificing through practical devotion in My divine mission.

If you worship Me you will reach Brahmaloka, which is the top most. But if you worship My devotees you will reach the sixteenth upper world which is called Datta Sevaka Loka which is topper than the top most Goloka (Goloka is above Brahmaloka). Remember this point after My exit from this present human body.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby siv » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Respected Dattaswami ji,

I respect your love for God but at the same time I would like to bring some points for the above subjects through the teachings of Shirdi Sai baba. I have seen many times in your posts that you also have read the stories of Sai baba. Taking the relevant stories from Sai stories in regard to your subject '' entire money should be ....''

There were some devotees of Shirdi saibaba who were donating the grains, money whatever they getting from their farms/service and keeping everything at the holy feet of Saibaba and Sai was taking only some portion of grain and returning back to those devotees. But here if you see, Sai was always distributing everything to all poor people and cooking for the entire village from these dakshina and giving teaching to people how the common people shoud behave towards poor people who do not have food to eat also.

Saibaba was accepting dakshina not for Himself but it was just for the people to teach them about charities, donations. Now today if we do so, and donate entire money on the name of God in a temple, do we know how the priest of that temple going to use that money? We know that entire property, money belongs to God, everybody gets his destined share out of it but suppose if a rich devotee follows what you said and donate everything he has, to God in a temple, what has he done in his birth other than returning only God's money back to God? Rather a true devotee will understand the God's gift in some other way and understand that whatever he has got from God should be used for poor people and that is the motive of God to give him this much money. He will use that money for the welfare of poor people maintaining his own family too instead of donating entire money on the name of God and coming on the roadside to beg for food..

siv

Postby dattaswami » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 am

siv wrote:Respected Dattaswami ji,

I respect your love for God but at the same time I would like to bring some points for the above subjects through the teachings of Shirdi Sai baba. I have seen many times in your posts that you also have read the stories of Sai baba. Taking the relevant stories from Sai stories in regard to your subject '' entire money should be ....''

There were some devotees of Shirdi saibaba who were donating the grains, money whatever they getting from their farms/service and keeping everything at the holy feet of Saibaba and Sai was taking only some portion of grain and returning back to those devotees. But here if you see, Sai was always distributing everything to all poor people and cooking for the entire village from these dakshina and giving teaching to people how the common people shoud behave towards poor people who do not have food to eat also.

Saibaba was accepting dakshina not for Himself but it was just for the people to teach them about charities, donations. Now today if we do so, and donate entire money on the name of God in a temple, do we know how the priest of that temple going to use that money? We know that entire property, money belongs to God, everybody gets his destined share out of it but suppose if a rich devotee follows what you said and donate everything he has, to God in a temple, what has he done in his birth other than returning only God's money back to God? Rather a true devotee will understand the God's gift in some other way and understand that whatever he has got from God should be used for poor people and that is the motive of God to give him this much money. He will use that money for the welfare of poor people maintaining his own family too instead of donating entire money on the name of God and coming on the roadside to beg for food..

Shirdi Sai Baba used to ask every body for Guru dakshina, which is only teaching ‘Karma Phala Tyaga’. Patil is the highest devotee, who used to give all the crop of the year, which is his required minimum. Baba used to give him some part back. This means, he left to the Lord to decide the quantity of minimum also! Baba told a rich person, who came in quest of Para Brahman ‘you could not give Rs.5/- to your Guru from your pocket. How can you know the Para Brahman? That rich man could not recognize the Lord before him present in human form. He was prepared to give one crore of rupees to his children, but not Rs.5/- to the Lord. The value of the Lord in his eyes is almost nothing. In his heart, there is no trace of love for Para Brahman. This is proved clearly by his karma phala (money). The family bonds of Indians are very strong and they store money even for their grand grand children. They can donate only their mind (meditation), intelligence (logical discussion) and words (chanting and singing etc.,). Their love stored in their hearts like water in tanks flows into their bonds that are like side tubes. Not even a drop is left over in the heart for the Lord. Only Karma Phala Tyaga proves your love on the Lord. At least, luxuries can be cut and that can be subscribed as Guru Dakshina.

Saibaba used to distribute the Guru dakshina to the devotees who are in need as he can only know who is the deserving. The human devotees err and waste, many a time. Guru is only Parabrahman and so Guru Dakshina means the fruit of your work (Karma Phala) offered to the Para Brahman in human form. Human form of God is only full form of God as it alone can give darsanam (you can see), Sparsanam (you can touch), Sambhashanam (you can talk) and Sahavasa (you can live with Him). Gita says ‘I come in human form’. All the four Vedas (Mahavakyas) say that the Parabhraman comes in human form and you have to recognize him by his special blissful knowledge and not by miracles. No devotee is greater than Hanuman and Radha. Hanuman became future Brahma. Radha became the queen of the 15th uppermost Goloka. Both worshipped the human forms available in their time only viz. Rama and Krishna. Are you greater than Hanuman and Radha? He is impartial and so comes in human form for every generation to give the full satisfaction to devotees. Other forms like statues etc., which are useful to see only are only the intellectual means to avoid real Karma Phala tyaga, because you can show the food to a statue with your hand and eat the whole.

Guru means the human form of Lord Datta. Purnima means full moon. Veda says, as in Srisuktam ‘CHANDRAM HIRANMAYEEM’ meaning Moon is the money that is Goddess Lakshmi and that is Karma Phala. Full moon also represents strong mind by which you have to sacrifice that to the Guru, who will utilize it correctly. Money in another form is the essence of work. Returning the stolen extra money back to the Lord can cancel that sin. Otherwise, ‘A camel may pass through the eye of the needle but a rich man can never reach God’.

Datta means He who donates himself to undergo the sufferings of his deserving devotees. If you are ordered to pay fine by a judge, your father can pay that fine and can get you relieved from that punishment. Datta takes the human form for this purpose and undergoes sufferings really. During the suffering, He should not use his power and avoid the experience of suffering. If He does so, it amounts to cheating the God of Justice. To get the real experience of the suffering, the human body he takes, should be following all the rules of the nature. His suffering process is continuous from birth till He leaves this human body. During this continuous process, His human body is continuously damaged. When He gives divine visions, a high voltage current flows in His body that further damages the body. You are associated with a few Karma Phalas only. But He is associated with several Karma Phalas of His devotees continuing from several births. You can weep while suffering but He should smile. If He leaves the suffering even for a minute He is not Datta in that minute. But Datta remains Datta always. He is sitting on the thorny throne. You are seeing only the throne but not the thorns.

Datta is the practical aspect of God. “God is infinite bliss” is the theoretical aspect of Brahman. The philosophers of Advaita attracted by the theoretical aspect, but once they come to know this practical aspect, they will like to remain in Dvaita only as servants of Datta.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rita » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 am

dattaswami,

I think you've completely misunderstood my question!!!!! I'm not asking whether one should worship God or his devotees. What I'm saying is that until you apply all this knowledge to yourself and your life there is no point in trying to convince others through pages and pages of posted information.
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Indirect worship of God Vs direct worship of contemporary hu

Postby dattaswami » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 am

I think you've completely misunderstood my question!!!!! I'm not asking whether one should worship God or his devotees. What I'm saying is that until you apply all this knowledge to yourself and your life there is no point in trying to convince others through pages and pages of posted information.

Indirect worship of God Vs direct worship of contemporary human incarnation

In the indirect worship, the worship is not aimed at the model but it is aimed at the God only. God is pleased to some extent in such worship also because the aim is God only. Of course, in the direct worship God is extremely pleased because God, who always exists in the human form only and receives your service directly. God does not exist in the inert objects (Natasya pratima asti… Veda) but still He is pleased in such worship also because the aim is God only. People worship salagrama (a piece of stone) as a representative model of Vishnu (God). Here, the worship is aimed at Vishnu and not aimed at the stone.

Sumati worshipped her husband Kaushika as God. Kaushika is the greatest sinner and was ready to go to hell. But from such worship of Kaushika, Sumati derived super power to stop the sunrise! Only God controls the sun (Bishodeti suryah … Veda). The wretched Kaushika cannot give such power to Sumati. This power is derived from God only because when Sumati worshipped her husband as God, the worship was aimed at God and not aimed at Kaushika.

Kaushika was a representative model of God for Sumati like the petty stone (salagrama) representing the all-pervading Lord Vishnu. If that is the power of Sumati obtained from indirect worship of God, what shall be power of a devotee who worships God directly through the service to the contemporary human incarnation? Hanuman worshipped Rama who was His contemporary human incarnation and became God and controlled the sun forever. Veda says that the sun moves constantly due to the fear to God. Even in His childhood He was meditating upon Rama introduced by His mother and the result of that was the power to swallow the sun like a fruit!
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Worship of some body mistaking as God will not be a waste

Postby dattaswami » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:16 am

Worship of some body mistaking as God will not be a waste

In the spiritual field there is one marvelous advantage. Assume that you have worshipped a human being as God under the illusion that he is the contemporary human incarnation. What is the effect of such mistake? Will it yield positive result or negative result? The answer is that it will not give any negative result but it will yield positive result only, which may not be the highest. The highest positive result is obtained in the service done to the correctly identified contemporary human incarnation. But just like Sumati (Sumati worshipped her husband Kaushika as God. Kaushika is the greatest sinner and was ready to go to hell. But from such worship of Kaushika, Sumati derived super power to stop the sunrise! Only God controls the sun (Bishodeti suryah … Veda). The wretched Kaushika cannot give such power to Sumati. This power is derived from God only because when Sumati worshipped her husband as God, the worship was aimed at God and not aimed at Kaushika.)achieved partial positive power of controlling the sunrise on one day, you will certainly achieve partial grace of God. Such advantage is restricted to the spiritual field only.

In materialistic field if you have served somebody mistaking as the king you will not get any gift from the king. Moreover, the king may scold you for your foolish ignorance. But God who is very generous and very kind is quite different. God will certainly punish the human being who posed as God but you will not be a loser.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 am

Duttaswami Ji,

Please don't mind but I think you never give precise and pointed answer that can answer the basic question. Honestly speaking, I am also not understanding where is the answer of the question which was raised in the last post by Rita Ji except reading the story of hen and golden eggs that I am sure most of the person must have read in the childhood.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby dattaswami » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:02 am

anupam1968 wrote:Duttaswami Ji,

Please don't mind but I think you never give precise and pointed answer that can answer the basic question. Honestly speaking, I am also not understanding where is the answer of the question which was raised in the last post by Rita Ji except reading the story of hen and golden eggs that I am sure most of the person must have read in the childhood.

God in human form preaches divine knoweldge, by analysing the divine koweldge we can come to the conclusion that it is from God or not.
dattaswami
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anupam1968 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:09 am

God in human form preaches divine knoweldge, by analysing the divine koweldge we can come to the conclusion that it is from God or not.

O.k, then I think I have come to the conclusion. The others may understand gradually or might have already comprehended.
anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby siv » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Respected Dattaswami ji,

Please note that your subject of this thread was '' ENTIRE money should be sacrificed to God'' and I have just described only some stories of Sai in regard to this line of yours but seems something happened like this - I showed you a map and you just told me it is a map of India. My purpose of those stories was not just identify the main characters of those stories and then discuss which devotee is greater but I just wanted to say that even Sai also was not taking the whole but only a portion which shows even God/Guru too never took entire money of His devotees but kept some share for him whereas you are saying here that ENTIRE money should be sacrificed.
Another thing I said about Sai's distributing money to poor and cooking food for entire shirdi - the purpose of telling this was - to know - how the donated money was used by Sai - for poor people and not for Him. But in today's time, when one do not see such a incarnation around him which can be trusted to sacrifice everything on the name of God wont it amount to fooling ourselves?.... Sai accepted/asked dakshina only of those people who were willing to give but not from those whose mind was not willing to give...The dakshina of 5 Rs.was asked to one devotee who was asking Sai to give him Brahma Gyan and Sai wanted to show that one must be deserving to have that knowledge and that's what all that drama by Him..
It is all about the word ''Entire'' and ''portion'' of money since in today's time when we do not see such incarnation around us, a true devotee rather donation in a temple which goes to only priest, would do something for poor... What about those people who are cheated by some baba like Jadeja who breached the trust of innoscent people on the name of God who had sold their houses and later left for crying because of these babas??
siv

Postby vairagya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 pm

hallo anupam!

i have understood very well what dattaswami is saying and i knew that
it would be you ,who would be among first few people who will
understand dattaswami.

this man is a spiritual genius and has incarnated to help all people
in this world.

may you have his blessings too!

vairagya
vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Krishna » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi,

Here's a story on the meaning of sacrifice.

There was once a very rich and famous man. He had hundreds of crores of rupees at his disposal. Needless to say, there were a number of people eyeing his wealth. These people tried all sorts of tricks to win over his mind and make him part with his money. What is a better way to entrap a person's mind than to appeal to his sense of guilt? "There are scores of starving people in your neighbourhood! Aren't they also the children of God? ", said one. "Look at the sick and suffering humanity! How unfair must God be, to make one obscenely rich and the other so poor?", said another. All these were attempts to make him look inwards, feel guilty of hoarding wealth, loosen his purse strings and allow a free and abundant outflow of money. They called it "sacrifice".

How much of this would actually reach the really poor, sick and suffering and how much of it would line the pockets of the corrupt middle-men, only that God, whom these people frequently referred to, knew. Or did that God actually know anything at all, and even if He knew, did He really care?

Now, this rich fellow was a man of the world and knew its cunning ways. Though he did understand the importance of supporting his fellow men, he was also prudent and practical minded enough to realize that the only a percentage of the money he gave out in charity would actually benefit the deserving soul. He wanted to therefore find a way out. While browsing through a book on philosophy, he came across a statement which ran thus: "live in this world like a good maid-servant. She takes loving care of the children of her mistress. But at the same time in the back of her mind, she always thinks of her own children". There was another statement, "The manager of a mango estate says, my estate, my trees, my mangoes, etc. But if he is fired because of some fault, the next moment he realizes that none of it was really his".

After pondering over this, the rich man thought, "God has entrusted to me the important responsibility of managing hundreds of crores of His money. He has made me the trustee to His wealth. Therefore, I must manage His wealth effectively. Therefore, I must not drop lakhs of rupees indiscriminately into some temple hundi (collection box) without even knowing where that money goes. Likewise I must not write out a cheque in favour of anyone who came along claiming to run a charity for old folks, orphans, or something else".

The rich man concluded, "real sacrifice of one's wealth does not mean one should give away the wealth. Real sacrifice happens when one gives up the feeling of possessiveness of one's own wealth. It means that one should have the attitude of a trustee and let God be the owner of the wealth. After assuming such an attitude, one must manage that (God's) wealth effectively and honestly. That is the duty of a man who has come by lot of wealth".

So, what is the meaning of "ENTIRE money should be sacrificed to God"?

Is it to:

a) Give away all of one's money?
OR
b) Give up the feeling of possessiveness of one's money and then manage the money efficiently and honestly with the attitude, "in this world, God has placed me in the role of the trustee of His wealth?

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby vairagya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 pm

hi krishna!

you should bow to dattaswami for his blessings instead of asking
so many questions like a child...

he is incarnation of vishnu.

yours humbly!

vairagya
vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Narayan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Dear All:

Yes to a certain extent Mr. Anil Antony on behalf of Dattaswami is not answering properly or answering precisely to the questions posed.

But, my humble opinion is that nobody should criticize one another without knowing him/her properly as everything is happening behind the screens as these writings are done from many places than knowing each other personally.

So, whether one might be wrong or right, but without knowing him/her fully, no opinion should be passed upon is my humble opinion.

Regards

Narayanan
Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Krishna » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Vairagya,

you should bow to dattaswami for his blessings instead of asking
so many questions like a child...

he is incarnation of vishnu.

:lol:

As a child, I know that the blessings are mine by right, whether I kiss The Incarnation on His Cheek or crap on Him, leave alone bowing to Him like you adults do.

:lol:

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Entire money should be sacrificed to God!

Postby revribhav » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:29 pm

With all due respect to the supporters and critics who have a right to express their views,
a humble sudent of astrolgy,follows such simple couplets of Rahim:

Rahiman we nar mar chuke jo kahin mangan jai!
Unte pehle we mue jin mukh niksat nahi...
(translated)those who go to other's for begging are already dead,(they have no dignity)however,they are also not living a life who refuse (to a genuine person;s need as human being)

meaning Hindi:Rahim ji kehte hai we log mare hue hote jo kahin kuch mangne jate hai magar unse pehle we mare hue hote hai jo kuch dene de saaf mana kar dete hai
revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Birth Rectification, Prashna, Muhurta, etc.