Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Horoscope of a great mathematician

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.

Moderator: spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Horoscope of a great mathematician

Postby digitsoftime » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 am

Dear people,

These are the birth timings of Srinivasa Ramanujan, one of India's greatest mathematician of the modern era.

POB: Erode, Tamil Nadu, India
TOB: 18:09
DOB: 22-december-1887

I found the time in one of the old books.

A few details: He had a poverty stricken childhood and dropped out of college unable to pay the fee and also unable to concentrate on anything other than mathematics. He failed his F.A in dec 1906.
He was more attached to his mother and his father finds very less mention in his letters.
He learnt all the mathematics himself and was par excellence in working at them.
He went to europe in 1914. He died at the age of 33. He had very good insight into astrology and palmistry. He knew about his death well before hand (quotin reminiscences). He married in July 14, 1909 but never had conjugal happiness.
He had divine visions and dreams.

For the benifit of learners like me can someone throw light on the above chart. This will help people like me to get furthur insight into analysis.
Thank you

very sincerely,
Sunny
Deivatthaan aagatheninum Muyarchi than mei
varutha kooli tharum..
digitsoftime
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Horoscope of a great mathematician

Postby Shrikanth » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 am

Dear digitsoftime,

Thanks for posting this information about Srinivasa Ramanujam. In the past couple of months I've been intrigued about few personalities
as well and S. Ramanujam was one of them.

One thing I'd add to this birth data (and may be you can edit your post) - is that most probably the time would be Local Mean Time
rather than IST. IST came into being much later in 1905.
So for JHORA users need to click the LMT check box.

One more supporting factor in this direction - using 18:09 LMT the Navamsa lagna is Aquarius - with Ketu and Sun in trines;
giving more weight to this; 18:09 IST gives Capricorn Ascendant in D9 - with Ketu + Sun in 6th.

Also could you please include the source of this birth time.

I'll use this as a basis and see if it needs any more rectification more granular charts.

Thanks a million for this good start.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby digitsoftime » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Dear Shrikanth ji,

Thanks for the clarification.
There was an old book titled 'Ramanujan: letters and reminiscences' where there is a copy of his horoscope (only the rasi chart). The time in the book says ''nine minutes past 6 pm''. Unfortunately, I think, the book went out of print even after the first edition. But when I was visiting some western astrology websites, I found the time 18:20. I don't know how they got this time.
However I was not aware of the LMT issue.
I am a novice :)

very sincerely,
Sunny
Last edited by digitsoftime on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
varutha kooli tharum..
digitsoftime
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby digitsoftime » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 am

Can anyone pelase comment on the Ramanujan's chart. I am very curious :)

sincerely,
Sunny
varutha kooli tharum..
digitsoftime
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 am

Dear Sunny,

I havent gone thru the chart as yet but will definitely do so in next few days.

Let me explain LMT (Local Mean Time)

In the current times for example in India we use the Indian Standard Time (IST).
So basically all the clocks in India are set to the same time - synchronized atleast in theory
But before the arrival of IST - the clocks were not synchronized.
So back then a person in Calcutta may have a different time than from the one in Chennai or Cochin etc.,
In those times people would use the Local Mean Time - wherein the time is more closer to the time
arrived by working from the GMT and using the latitude and longitude of the place of birth.

So basically what I'm saying is that in Pre IST times we use the lat+long for standard time reckoning
and in current times use the IST as the basis.

Thanks for the source of Ramanujam's birth data.

With best wishes
Shrikanth
Hope this help
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby sivagnanalingam » Sun May 16, 2010 4:10 am

|| om namo narayana ||

Dear Digitoftimes,

Thanks a lot for the S.S.Ramanujam birth data. His Lagna looks like Gemini . ALbert Einstein Lagna also Gemini. Gemini is an Airy sign.
Generally airy signs good for mathematics.

Here is another birth data of good mathematician . He was a math professor from Cambridge University.
World mathematician know his name . He worked with Albert Einstein too.

His name is Professor Jayaratnam. Born 12 June 1918 Place of birth JAffna Sri Lanka . Time is not known to me .
But I got something from that day's planetary positions . Though sat Moon together , He had good marriage life with a beautiful lady.

But Ramanujam was born as mathematician NOT MADE .

siva sarasalai
Jaffna
sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Birth Rectification, Prashna, Muhurta, etc.