Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Atma Karaka in charts importance

For discussion on the Jaimini system: use of karakas, Jaimini aspects, chara dasha or other Jaimini dashas, etc.

Moderator: Vaughn Paul

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Atma Karaka in charts importance

Postby MokshaMoon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Im reading the book called "Vedic Astrology: And Integrated Approach" by Rao. In it he speaks about the Karakamsa Lagna. I am not sure how this is obtained? I believe the atma karaka is the rasi-planet with the highest degree? Also, the atma karaka in the Navamsa is supposed to be as significant as the rasi lagna.... is this correct? I would appreciate confirmation on this. In my case, my atma karaka in rasi is Budha in Gemini 12th and in navamsa it is Moon in Pisces 7th.
MokshaMoon

Re: Atma Karaka in charts importance

Postby Shrikanth » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:52 am

Dear MokshaMoon,

The Atmakaraka is the planet with maximum traversal within the sign (or in other words the planet that has traveled maximum within the sign)
For planets moving in clockwise direction its the one with max longitude - but for Rahu (who moves in anti clockwise direction) its the opposite.
If Rahu has min longitude then he becomes the AK.
For ex if Mars has 26 deg 20 mins and Rahu has 2 Deg 20 mins - Rahu becomes AK - since he has traveled 27 Deg 40 mins (as against Mars' 26 Deg 20 mins)

We always deduce AK from the Rasi chart (as above) and then take it to other div charts.

Karakamsa Lagna is using the placement of AK in Navamsa as the lagna and seeing the planets therefrom.

I think your statement about " . . . Moon in Pisces in 7th" is incorrect and invalid. Use the placement of Mercury in Navamsa as the Karakamsa lagna.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby MokshaMoon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Dear Shrikanth,

Thank you so kindly for the clarification. I checked the navamsa to see where Budha is placed and found that in both Rasi and Nav. Budha is occupied by Gemini. Only in Navamsa, it is 1 degree away from exact conjunction to Shukra and these planets are in the 10th bhava. So I gather that Budha in Gemini is my Karakamsa Lagna and that the 10th bhava is now read like the 1st bhava, 11th is read like the 2nd, 12th is read like the 3rd and so on? I wonder how another graha so close to Karakamsa Lagna affects it?
MokshaMoon

Postby Shrikanth » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:03 am

Dear MokshaMoon,

Hmm. So you have Mercury in Gemini in Rasi and Navamsa. In Navamsa its with Venus in the 10th bhava (Virgo Navamsa lagna)

Vargottama Mercury is essentially very strong and beneficial - makes the person very intelligent and good student, grasps concepts very easily, quick learner.
Navamsa lagna and Karakamsa lagna are both important - they signify different aspects.

Trines to Navamsa lagna signifies the skills, talents, innate abilities that is available at your disposal for use.
Trines to Karakamsa lagna signifies the deep rooted skills, aspirations that the soul possesses - something thats truely a gift to you.
Prodigal skills can be linked to trines to Karakamsa lagna.

If you have Venus in Karakamsa lagna - I'd guess you would be quite gifted in matters of creative arts, aesthetics.
The combination of 9th and 10th in 10th is a powerful dharmakarmadhipathi yoga in the Navamsa.

Good. . .

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby MokshaMoon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear Shrikanth,

Yes indeed... I find it interesting that Budha rules both my Karakamsa and Navamsa Lagna (which is mooltrikona I believe). I also have Vargottama Shani in Simha, in the Rasi chart Shani is conjunct Rahu in Simha in 2nd bhava and in Navamsa it is in 12th bhava. I read that the malefic effect of Shani + Rahu in Simha is lessened because of the Vargottama Shani?? I think so anyway...

Thanks for sharing an interpretation on V. Budha... and also on shedding more light on the importance of both Navamsa + Karakamsa lagnas. As for trines to the karakamsa lagna, I am still trying to understand Vedic aspect system. So Im not confident about aspects. I recently bought the Shri Jyoti Star software but am very confused about working with it.. I dont know where to view aspects and have encountered other strange issues with it... like the D-1 chart has my planets in the wrong houses! But in the chart report, it has all the right positions of the grahas in bhavas, etc. Anyhow, Im still very much learning and learning but it is endlessly fascinating...

Shukra/Venus is very important in my charts... it is the lord of my mooltrikona Chandra Taurus conjunct with Venus and Mars - both also in Taurus 11th. And, of course having Shukra so very close to my Karkamsa also makes this planet.. quite influential. Arts, aesthetics and creativity are very, very big part of my life. Its also interesting that Rohini is the asterism that houses both my rasi Venus and my karakamsa Lagna/Venus in Navamsa. A lot of creative energies...

Its very interesting, this dharmakarmadhipathi yoga you mention.. I'll have to learn more about this. :)
MokshaMoon

Postby MahlaNahlya » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:51 pm

I am confused about this karakamsha lagna thing.... because the reading I just had with a jyotish was telling me that my atmakaraka (Budha 29 12th bhava) is my karakamsha lagna. Is the atmakaraka in rasi the K.L? or is the K.L the atmakaraka as seen in the navamsa?
MahlaNahlya
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby prinalkapadia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I am been following this thread. I have some confusion regarding to the AK in Navmasa:

1. if AK in Navmasa of Libra Lagna is in 12th house with Venus in Virgo, does this indicating that person will adapt "sanyasa"?
2. If the planet being AK is vargottam, does it always benific in all charts?
3. Regarding to my first question, does this planetary condition predicting that person will migrate to the foreign land as AK is also the lord of fourth and fifth house in Navmasa lagna of Libra.

Below is the birth detail for more information.

DOB: 18/09/1982
TOB: 02:50 AM
Place: Surat, Gujarat
prinalkapadia
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby moody » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 am

Dear Members,

I would be grateful if you help me undertsnd my soul's desires/purposes using amakaraka.

Jupiter AK is in Virgo(Trade/Business/investments) Navamsa conjunct Venus (Food, luxury, entertainment, music and arts)

Dispositors Rahu In libra (stresses Venusian influence on atmakaraka) and Mercury in Sagittarius Atmakaraka

sign indicating Atmakaraka Jupiter qualities.

Mercury is aspected by Saturn.

Another thing is Jupiter Atmakaraka s trine Sun. What could that mean.

1/OCTOBER/1993 8:45 PM NO dst alexandria egypt.

Thank You.
moody
Contributor
Contributor

Postby acharyav » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Can anyone explain to me what is the meaning of AK conjoined with DK in a chart?
What does it signify if AK is either conjoined to DK or in a 1-7 relationship in the vargas?

Thanks.
acharyav

Return to Use of the Jaimini System