Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

How to calculate Longevity in your chart

Questions about health.

Moderator: Shrikanth

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

How to calculate Longevity in your chart

Postby aliens19672004 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Dear all

There are various methods to calculate the longevity of a native through the chart. Here are few methods.

1)Methods of 3 pairs
2)8th lord Placement
3)Method of 3 Lords

Methods of 3 Pairs:

We all know that 12 signs are divided as Movable, fixed and Dual signs. Movable signs have high level of energy hence represents longer life, Fixed signs represents low energy hence shorter life and finally we have Dual signs having middle energy hence represents middle life. We all know human being are controlled by three male shaktis which are bramha (Long life), Vishnu(middle life) and Maheswara(Short life).

In the Method of 3 pairs we need to check the following to arrive at the longevity calculation:

1)The sign occupied by the lagna lord and the 8th house lord
2)The sign occupied by the lagna lord and the Hora Lagna
3)The Moon and the Saturn

If both the constituents of a pair are in the same type( ie Movable, dual or fixed) the life span shown by it is taken. For example two pairs are showing Movable + Movable this pair would constitute Long Life (Movable is long life). If 2 or more pairs indicate the same category of longevity then this should considered as primary longevity of teh chart.

If all the 3 pairs indicate different category that indicates by the pair of ascendant and Hora Lagna should be taken into account for longevity calculation.

If Moon is placed in the 1st or 7th house the longevity indicated by the pair Moon and saturn would prevail.

After determining the primary longevity the position of the Atma karaka in the 1st,3rd,7th or 9th may be checked to ascertain whether there is a Yoga Vipareetam. This would state that if the initial primary longevity is middle life by the way of Yoga Vipareetam the same is extended to Long life depending on the placement of the 8th lord. This means we have to taken into account the Atmakaraka placement and also 8th lord placement.

Ayur Khandas are divided into 3:

1)Alpayush (0-36)
2)Madhayush(36-72)
3)Purnayush(72-108)

The 2nd Method is 8th lord Placement:

If the lord of the 8th house is placed in the following houses then this would decide the longevity compartment.

First determine the stronger of the 8th house lords from the lagna and the 7th house, the stronger would become rudra. The placement of Rudra in kendra(1,4,7,10)
Succedent(2,5,8,11) or Precedent(3,6,9,12) results in the long,middle and short life.
Even the placement of the 8th lord from the Atmakaraka which is called Maheswara is to be seen to check the longevity.

Method of 3 Lords:

Placement of the lords of the 1,10,8 and saturn. If the lords of these houses are very well placed in the quadrant long life is indicate
If two are strong middle life and if only one is strong short life is indicate

If none are strong then it would considered Yoga rishta or Balarista which is from (0-12).

After having determined the longevity depending on the longevity compartment obtained as per the Ayur dasas the first 4 signs come under short life, the next 4 signs under short life and last 4 signs under long life. From all this the death inflicting dasa should be choosen. For this the shoola dasa has to be taken into account.

Shool dasa:

More Malefics in a sign render it stronger to kill
A malefics sign is more capable of inflicting death
Malefic planets are worse than malefic conjuctons while benefic aspect of Jupiter of Chara Atmakaraka may prevent the death
Sign occupied by Rudra or its trines
Sign occupied by the Sthira Karaka or its trines, the 8th lord or trines, Arudha lagna
Signs occupied by Maheswara
Sign conjoined/aspected by Moon and Venus and Mars

Hope this is fine

regards
Uma shanker achanta
Last edited by aliens19672004 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uma shanker achanta
aliens19672004
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to calculate Longevity in your chart

Postby astroduffer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:32 am

Umaji - Many thanks for this wealth of information. Deeply appreciated.

Best Regards
Sonu
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby USR » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Dear usa,
Is it so simple ? Anything more ?
I heard one famous astrologer (Ashtaka Varga author) from Hyderabad has predicted that so and so lady dies in a particular year.But she actually died after 10 years .
USR
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.
USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby aliens19672004 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi

Hope it would have been so simple. Then everybody would have predicted everything. It requires lots of spade work to be done and lot of horoscopes to be observed.

So practice makes a man perfect. That is what I can say

With Regards
Uma shanker achanta
Uma shanker achanta
aliens19672004
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 am

Dear aliens19672004,

Thanks for this nice article detailing the 3 pairs rules for longevity.

I still have a doubt whether the second pair - is between
A) Lagna lord and Hora Lagna or
B) Janma Lagna and Hora Lagna

Could you please confirm this for me.

Thanks
Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby aliens19672004 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:11 am

Hi

The 2nd Pair is the sign occupied by the Lagna Lord and the Hora Lagna which can be either movable,fixed or dual

Hope this is ok

regards
Uma shanker achanta
Uma shanker achanta
aliens19672004
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby svd108 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Dear Umaji,
Thank you for this wonderful article. What is the meaning of Ayur dasha? What is longevity compartment?
thank you
Sanjay
svd108
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby Mycallwashere » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Dear Sanjay,
Ayur means life, hence Ayurveda means the knowledge of life, and an Ayur dasha is a longetivity dasha.

To Uma shanker achanta
My question is about the details for determining the longetivity after one has noticed that the Atma karaka in the 1st,3rd,7th or 9th and creates a Vipareetam Ayur yoga.

Is the longetivity then measured using the 8th lord and the AK by seeing which of Movable, fixed and Dual signs they occur? ie dominant or excluded sign determines the longetivity?

ie:
Vipareetam ayur yoga occurs,
AK in Pisces (Mutable)
and
8th lord in Aries (cardinal)

Therefore is the longetivity of the native short because fixed sign is excluded by AK & 8th Lord?

I apologize for my knotty question but I have been "consoled" by people saying that one should not study longetivity, however they never answer my specific questions.
I would very much like an explanation, thank you.

Best,
Michael W
Mycallwashere
Contributor
Contributor

Postby betsy333 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 am

Hi

Thank you for this.

Please can you clarify what is classed as a short life. Do you mean short as in death in childhood, or 20's and 30's? or 50's?

Thanks
betsy333
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mycallwashere » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 am

"short" is 0-32
"Medium" is 32-72
"Long" is 72-108

Look for "Crux of Vedic astrology - Timing of events" by Sanjay Rath
It is a very interesting book

Michael