Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Astro Uncle's - Mukhya Graha & Isht Dev Confusion. Help

Any other questions not listed above.

Moderator: Shrikanth

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Astro Uncle's - Mukhya Graha & Isht Dev Confusion. Help

Postby meera » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Well Dear Astrologers Learned Members & Friends

I have been watching the programme on Tej Aaj Tak of Astro Uncle - Pawan Sinha . I want to know What is that, he kepps speaking about Mukhya Graha Isht Dev. As in most of the problems he says that Mukhya Graha and Isht Dev is important.
How to find out Mukhya Graha and Ish Dev from Horoscope.

Please help

Rgds
Meera
Last edited by meera on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meera
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mukhya Graha & Isht Dev

Postby Shrikanth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 am

Dear Meeraji,

Honestly I dont know what a Mukhya Graha means. It translates to the most important planet or a planet of prominence in the chart.
Now out of 9 planets how do we decipher this - not sure.

Now Ishta Devata is the deity that is your most favorite or one to which you are naturally attracted towards.
When a person isnt aware or doesnt have a explicit choice / special liking in such cases the astrologer can study the chart and suggest one for him

The major function of the Ishta devata is to guide the native towards moksha and liberation.
The attachment to this deity is developed over many life times and so it becomes a natural choice in this life time.

There are different opinions of deciphering the Ishta devata.
It is the strongest planet in the 12th from Atmakaraka or if no planets then the 12th lord from AK.
The difference is in which varga or divisional chart to see this from.
Some opine its 12th in Navamsa D9 and some others opine its 12th in Vimshamsa D20.

If there are multiple planets take the strongest one amongst them.
If no planets then take the lord of 12th house itself.

If the native is already having a Ishta devata whom he/she worships with natural attraction - it is best advisable to continue that deity instead of reckoning from the chart.

Hope this helps
Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby meera » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Dear Shrikanth Ji

Thank you for your reply.

About ISHT Dev , you have explained very nicely.

I have seen the programme every week ends on Tej AAj Tak in India. And what I have seen that every persons Mukya Graha and Isht Dev is calculated from the respective birth details. Well about Isht Dev you have made it clear how to calculate. In this programme, often it is said that any difficulties, any problems in life, one needs to pray the Mukya Graha and the Isht Dev, apart from praying other dieties. But the necessity to pray to Mukya Garaha and Ist Dev is important. Well a Mukya Graha can also be week planet, or even a strong planet. Where ones needs to do relevant prayers to make it strong.There are many callers who call for quieries problems related to life and ask questions : What is Their Mukya Graha and Isht Dev" . Which I was always wondering about Muhya Graha. I tried searching on Net, but couldnt find any details about Mukya Graha.

Well Thanks again for explaing the Isht Dev. Part. can u tell me from my chart what could be my ISht Dev. D.O.B - 28TH May 1974, Mumbai, 4.47 pm.

If any one else could help on Mukya Graha , please explain.

Thanking you

Rgrds

Meera

[quote="Shrikanth"]Dear Meeraji,

Honestly I dont know what a Mukhya Graha means. It translates to the most important planet or a planet of prominence in the chart.
Now out of 9 planets how do we decipher this - not sure.

Now Ishta Devata is the deity that is your most favorite or one to which you are naturally attracted towards.
When a person isnt aware or doesnt have a explicit choice / special liking in such cases the astrologer can study the chart and suggest one for him

The major function of the Ishta devata is to guide the native towards moksha and liberation.
The attachment to this deity is developed over many life times and so it becomes a natural choice in this life time.

There are different opinions of deciphering the Ishta devata.
It is the strongest planet in the 12th from Atmakaraka or if no planets then the 12th lord from AK.
The difference is in which varga or divisional chart to see this from.
Some opine its 12th in Navamsa D9 and some others opine its 12th in Vimshamsa D20.

If there are multiple planets take the strongest one amongst them.
If no planets then take the lord of 12th house itself.

If the native is already having a Ishta devata whom he/she worships with natural attraction - it is best advisable to continue that deity instead of reckoning from the chart.

Hope this helps
Shrikanth[/quote]
meera
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shrikanth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Dear Meera,

Based on what you have written - this definition of Ishta Devata aligns more closely to what is normally considered Paalana Devata.
One who feeds and sustains you - takes care of you. He's helping you work thru your daily problems - finance, health, relationships etc.,
Ishta devata is as I had written - spiritual liberation and moksha.

Now your Ishta Devata can be Shiva or Dakshinamurthy or Dattatreya or any other form of Spiritual guru.
Palana Devata for you would be Lord Vishnu or Narayana.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby meera » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Thank you very much Shrikanthji

quote="Shrikanth"]Dear Meera,

Based on what you have written - this definition of Ishta Devata aligns more closely to what is normally considered Paalana Devata.
One who feeds and sustains you - takes care of you. He's helping you work thru your daily problems - finance, health, relationships etc.,
Ishta devata is as I had written - spiritual liberation and moksha.

Now your Ishta Devata can be Shiva or Dakshinamurthy or Dattatreya or any other form of Spiritual guru.
Palana Devata for you would be Lord Vishnu or Narayana.

Shrikanth[/quote]
meera
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Astro Uncle's - Mukhya Graha & Isht Dev Confusion. Help

Postby hawkeye » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 am

Mukhya graha is simply lagnesh or the lord of the sign in 1st house....for eg for Aries its mangal.
hawkeye
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Return to Other Questions: Childbirth, Birth Rectification, etc.