Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Does all Neecha Bhanga cause Rajayoga?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)

Moderators: ChandraLagna, Vaughn Paul

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Does all Neecha Bhanga cause Rajayoga?

Postby VinayBondade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:52 am

Hello,

The Rajayoga chapter of Mantreshwara's Phaladeepika indicates that all the combinations of Neechabhanga produce Raja yoga. But while browsing I came across a website that indicated that if the lord of dustahana (6th, 8th, 12th) be placed along with either of the planets involved in Neecha Bhanga, the Rajayoga will not be formed. Also the planets involved in Neecha bhanga should be strong and not combust or in their 0 degrees for the Rajayoga to be complete.

Please clarify if we have to considers these extra conditions or just follow the principles of Neech bhanaga rajayoga as stated in Phaladeepika.

The below is my horoscope details which I believe Neecha Bhanga happens but I'm quite not sure if this forms Rajayoga as well-
DOB: 24th Oct 1982
TOB: 1:30 AM
POB: Davangere, Karanataka

In the above chart , Sun is debilitated in Libra, and gets neecha bhanga by following means-
1. Sun's exaltation sign's lord Mars is in kendra with Moon(both are in Sagittarius). But Mars is in 0 degree 22 minutes.
2. Exalted planed(saturn) in Libra(where Sun is debilitated) is in Kendra to Lagna.
3. Sun's debilitation sign's lord venus is again in kendra from Lagna.

can we consider any of the above combination and say that sun's debilitation gets cancelled and Raja yoga is formed? Or as we have Jupiter the 6th house dusthana lord in kendra with Sun, the Rajayoga is not formed.
Do we have to ignore the neecha bhanga caused by Mars as Mars is in 0 degree 22 mins?

Another Question:
As per Phaladeepika that says Rajayoga forms if 3 or more planets be exalted or in own house, I also feel that there is one more Rajayoga being formed in the above chart because Mercury and Saturn are exalted and Venus is in own house. 2 planets exhalted and 1 planet in own house.

Another Question:
Its been known that Mars being a male planet is strong in Drekkana (0-10 degrees), should we consider this and say that Mars is not weak in the above chart?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Vinay
VinayBondade
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Does all Neecha Bhanga cause Rajayoga?

Postby astroboy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Vinay, The neechanga Bhanga exists and so does the Raja Yoga. Not to worry. :)
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby VinayBondade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Dear Astroboy,
Thank you very much. Could you please also answer my other questions about 3 planets forming Rajayog and the Mars strength in Drekkana. Your answers will truly help me understand the subject better.

Regards,
Vinay
VinayBondade
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Anjaneya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:32 am

Vinay,

I also have debilitated Moon but with NBRY (deb and exalted lord in kendra and also moon in mooltrikona in navamsa) but I still feel the deb moon effects in me.

I have read somewhere that deb planet will show its effect. however with NBRY..NEECH(deb effect) will be followed by BHANG(cancellation), which in turn, followed by Raja Yog(kingly status).
But you will go thru deb effect. Also I read that if NBRY is happening from lagna, Neech(deb effect) will be removed from self effort and if NBRY is happening from Moon, Neech(deb effect) will be removed from someone's support.

Thanks,
Abhi
Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby digvijaysingh » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:34 am

does any software list neechbhang rajyoga ??? can we have it from the net ??? i have kundli ..it dosent shows it
digvijaysingh
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Anjaneya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 am

[quote]
does any software list neechbhang rajyoga ??? can we have it from the net ??? i have kundli ..it dosent shows it
[/quote]

In most of the charts with deb planets, many are accompanied by NBRY. As I stated, complete neech bhang could not be attained... person have to go thru debility phase. As I am going thru this phase right now :twisted:

I haven't seen any s/w giving NBRY. But its always better not to analyze chart yoga with s/w. Infact I haven't seen any chart in Jhora who is not wealthy and prosperous. Many thing are missed in s/w. There is no match of Learned astrologer with best of the s/w.
I have seen couple of website and a paid software giving this yoga. I'll be banned if I advertise that : )
Its better you check it yourself.

Please find below condition, I am copy/pasting this info:

I.

1) Lord of the sign occupied by a debilitated planet, placed in a Kendra (angle) from the Lagna or the Moon.
2) The planet which gets exalted in the sign where a planet is debilitated is in a Kendra from the Lagna or the Moon.
3) The lord of the exaltation sign of the debilitated planet is posited in a Kendra from the Lagna or the Moon.
4) A neecha planet exalted in the Navamsa.

II

5) A debilitated planet being aspected by another debilitated planet.
6) Lord of the Navamsa occupied by a debilitated planet in a Kendra (angle) or trikona (trine); the ascendant being a movable sign or the lord of the ascendant is in a movable Navamsa.
7) Lord of the Rasi where a planet is debilitated is in a trine from the Lagna or the Moon.
8) The planet that gets exalted in the sign where the planet is debilitated, is in a trine to the lord of the exaltation sign of the debilitated planet.

III

9) The lords of the debilitation and exaltation signs are in mutual kendras (angles).
10) A debilitated planet, aspected by the lord of the sign, situated in an auspicious house.
11) Lord of the Rasi in which a planet is debilitated or the lord of the planet’s exaltation sign, or the planet who gets exalted there is in a trine from the Lagna or the Moon.

Of the three sections given above, the importance of the yogas may be said to decrease in the descending order.

As stated, certain other conditions, which are normally overlooked by most students, are necessary for a Neecha Bhanga to fullfull the requirements of a Raja Yoga. The planet creating the cancellation should not own, be conjunct or aspected by the rulers of, the 3rd, 6th, 8th or 12th houses. Furthermore, the rulers of the houses where the Neecha Bhanga is taking place should be well placed and well aspected. If these requirements are not fulfilled then the Raja Yoga may not be complete, despite the fact that they may fulfill the rules stated by Dr.B.V. Raman.
Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11943&p=92173#p92173

Barack Obama and Guru's Neecha Bhanga due to Retrogression ?
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby digvijaysingh » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:57 am

thankyou abhisheek and astroboy
digvijaysingh
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dimple2006 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi All,

Would be really gratefull to all the scholars on the forum to analyze Mercury is in neechbhanga yoga and what results will it throw being in 7th house as i am soon going to start my Sat/Mer dasha. Will it cause any rajyoga.

Asc--Virgo
3rd House -Rahu
6th House -Jup/Moon/Ven
7th House -Mer
8th House -Sun
9th House-Ketu
10th House -Sat/Mars

1.Neech Planet Mercury is in Kendra i.e 7th House aspecting Lagna also it is AmK
2.Lord of Pisces jupiter is with Moon in Acq sign i.e kendra from moon and it is also vargottam in Navamsa
3.Planet that get exalted in Pisces is Venus is also with Moon in Acq sign i.e kendra from moon. Also exalted in navasma
4.Mercury gets exalted in Virgo i.e in Kendra
5.Mercury is 1/10th Lord in 7th house i.e 10th to 10th i.e another career house
6.Sat 5th lord aspecting from 10th house forms a partial 1-5-10 rajyoga
7.Mer in Sat nakshatra, and sat in Mars nakshatra and Mars in own nakshatra.
8. In Navamsa Sat/Mars/Mer/Moon together in Scorpio SIgn
9. Sat/Mer are friends and sat in friend rashi with enemy Mars but aspected by vargottam jupiter.
10. Gemini is also my Arudha Lagna

Regards,
Dharminder
Dimple2006
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Yogas