Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

What is Combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.

Moderator: ChandraLagna

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

What is Combustion

Postby vellothaditya » Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Can please tell me what is combustion? i do understand that it generally means that when a planet is to close to the sun it loses the lustre since the sun covers it wholly and there are various respective degrees for every planet. Now what if the atmakaraka is combust? but not very close -say assuming-pisces as the ascendant-jupiter as the atmakaraka- with 28 degrees and 44' 43.63" in scorpio with ketu in the 9th house in jyestha nakshatra?
vellothaditya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What is Combustion

Postby astroboy » Tue May 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Can you post the details please ??
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby vellothaditya » Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 am

Good Day Astroboy:
what details would you like to have?
the birth details are:
16-12-1983,
Pune-, 13:30 pm.
vellothaditya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Good day to you,

Well, Lagna lord and 10th lord being combust is not good . Guru is combust by more that 90 pct . Ravi is in a Gandanta degree in Moola Nakshatra at 0 deg . Not only is the atma Karaka combust , but Ravi the significator of the soul is in a gandanta .

My guru has a rule , " the lagna lord should not be combust , retrograde, debilitated, in a Gandanta, aspected by Malefics, must be placed in a friendly sign, aspected by benefics, and preferably exalted. " . I have seen in my own experience that during the dasha of a combust lagna lord , a person lost his property to a bank auction , and had to move heaven and earth to get it back . The case is still in court . His lagna is Kanya , and Budha is combust .

But this is only one part of the story . Just because Ravi is in a bad state and the lagna lord is combust does not mean that we have to bag the man and throw him in the bin . :roll: .

Look at the wonderful Sasa Yoga and a first class Malavya yoga from the Chandra lagna ( Shukra is exalted in the Navamsha ) . The 9th lords aspect on the lagna is again a good raja yoga, though he is fallen in the Navamsha. But I am banking heavily on the Malavya yoga to see him through . I am curious to know how his Ravi dasha went by . Any feed back on that if possible please ?

Best regard's
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Postby star_star » Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm

-
Last edited by star_star on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
star_star
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroboy » Wed May 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Star Star, the concept of combustion does not apply to Rahu . Instead , It is the sun who is in trouble when Rahu gets near him . In the case of Rahu and Ketu, It is they who eclipse the Sun and the Moon .
astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: What is Combustion hi astroboy

Postby vellothaditya » Thu May 12, 2011 6:22 am

Hi AStroboy,The native's surya dasha was more of a mix of both plus and minus. to be specific, during 2004 the native had joined for CA but did no complete the course and left it incomplete without appearing for the inter examination even. and then the native joined for a foreign degree and incurred an education loan for the same - CPA, but couldnt do it either since he was rejected for VISA to go to the US twice in 2006 year and joined for job in 2006 and got a decent job in 2007 which was lost in the same year . the the native continues his education and did CMA(US CWA) in 2008 and completed it in the same year-2008. he had passed one part of the exam in 2007 and failed in the other in 2007 and ultimately passed all parts in 2008. in 2009 due to recession he was unable to derive good permanent employment and joined in one company but left it soon. but surprisingly he applied for the visa in october of the same year 2009 and was granted the US VISA and during 2010 year he was studying for the CPA exam which he cleared with very high scores. during that time 2008-2009-2010he became a congregational devotee in ISKCON and somehow got an insatiable desire to Lord Krishna. He now chants prayers to Krisna and Narasimha is a great devotee and stopped almost all his habits such as meat intake and alcohol. this is the detail of the surya dasha.
Last edited by vellothaditya on Thu May 12, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vellothaditya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 am

star_star wrote:Astroboy ji,

In my case rahu is with sun.that means rahu is in combust.... does it mean rahu loses his power in my case?

my details : 18.05.1984,2.49pm,dindigul,female.

Thanks

Hi star star

ketu ,rahu and moon are never combust...and yes as Astroboy said Rahu and ketu conjunction and aspects on Sun and the Moon is never welcome
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby star_star » Sat May 14, 2011 3:59 am

-
Last edited by star_star on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
star_star
Contributor
Contributor

Postby vellothaditya » Sat May 14, 2011 7:27 am

Hello astroboy, so what do you think of the details i gave about the surya dasha?
vellothaditya
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhanu78 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:09 am

Hi All,

I also have a combust Jupiter which is also my Lagna Lord.
Any comments on that ?

In my case, it's also forming a very good Raj Yoga. how can we interpret this ?

Dob: 12 July 1978 delhi 6.15 pm

Rohit
dhanu78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anxious2711 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 am

Hey,

What are the rules for combustion? Some say 5 degrees, others say up to 14 degrees (for certain planets if retro). I may have one planet combust in my chart, or maybe three. Also, how does a combust Budh reflect on a Budh-Adhitya yoga?

DOB: 27 November 1982
TOB: 10:50am (GMT+3)
POB: 18.55 South 47.31 East
anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby godslayer » Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 am

astroboy wrote:My guru has a rule , " the lagna lord should not be combust , retrograde, debilitated, in a Gandanta, aspected by Malefics, must be placed in a friendly sign, aspected by benefics, and preferably exalted. " . I have seen in my own experience that during the dasha of a combust lagna lord , a person lost his property to a bank auction , and had to move heaven and earth to get it back . The case is still in court . His lagna is Kanya , and Budha is combust .

Okay now, astroboy.. you're scaring the hell out of me. :P my lagna again is kanya..mercury... it is both, combust(3 degrees to sun) and retrogade!!! placed in the 7th house.

mercury dasha will begin in 2067.. i guess i have to be really scared for that...
godslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 am

godslayer wrote:
astroboy wrote:My guru has a rule , " the lagna lord should not be combust , retrograde, debilitated, in a Gandanta, aspected by Malefics, must be placed in a friendly sign, aspected by benefics, and preferably exalted. " . I have seen in my own experience that during the dasha of a combust lagna lord , a person lost his property to a bank auction , and had to move heaven and earth to get it back . The case is still in court . His lagna is Kanya , and Budha is combust .

Okay now, astroboy.. you're scaring the hell out of me. :P my lagna again is kanya..mercury... it is both, combust(3 degrees to sun) and retrogade!!! placed in the 7th house.

mercury dasha will begin in 2067.. i guess i have to be really scared for that...

Scared of something that would occur in 2067...!!!! The world may have ended long before 2067 :)
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby godslayer » Sun May 22, 2011 7:24 am

well that was the hidden humour in the post ;P
i am more worried about rahu mahadasha in 2 years..
godslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 am

godslayer wrote:well that was the hidden humour in the post ;P
i am more worried about rahu mahadasha in 2 years..

Why,Whats up with Rahu
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby godslayer » Sun May 22, 2011 7:34 am

i guess you have turned off your pms like astroboy

anyhow the problem with rahu is that it is conjuct with moon in 4th house although they are 27 degrees apart.. rahu transit is bound to bring bad luck in that time. especially to the things associated with 4th house... i am virgo lagna i guess it will be better to not to hijack this topic

can you please join me in these topics?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10467

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10392
godslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Special Rules