Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.

Moderator: ChandraLagna

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Combustion

Postby mandira » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:52 am

At what degree would a planet be considered combust?
Last edited by mandira on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mandira
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vaughn Paul » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am

Hi Mandira,
Are you giving the degrees and minutes here or the sign number and degrees? Generally a planet will get combust within about 10 degrees of the Sun. Sepcifically Mercury 14 deg, Venus 10 deg, Mars 17 deg, Jup 11 deg, and Saturn 15 deg. Combustion only harms the outer indications not the inner indications of the planet and can be modified by other factors like planetary aspects. Vaughn Paul
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby mandira » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:49 pm

Namaste Vaughn ji,

I was giving degree and minute.
Last edited by mandira on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mandira
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mcsun » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:44 am

Hi Vaughn Paul,

With reference to your previous post, you mentioned the following statement:
"Combustion only harms the outer indications not the inner indications of the planet and can be modified by other factors like planetary aspects. "

If you don't mind, can you further explain maybe with an example on how a combust planet's physial significance is modified due to aspects from other planets.

Thanks for the help!

mcsun
(Mr Curious)
mcsun

Postby Vaughn Paul » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 am

Hi mcsun,
In Oprah Winfrey's chart posted last month in the daily articles http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/dailyjyotish-030606.htm you can see that Venus is combust, yet she won a beauty contest at age 18. This is due to other favorable aspects like from Jupiter, Mercury and in an exchange with exalted Saturn. Vaughn Paul
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby anon » Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm

I was reading the the following article http://srath.com/lectures/parakramarajayoga.htm which has a paragraph about combustion. It states that venus is only combust when in retrogade motion. I've not come across this before, can someone please confirm/deny this.
anon

Postby Vaughn Paul » Thu May 04, 2006 9:23 am

I've never heard of this principle. I don't see the logic of it. Vaughn Paul
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby gg_0202 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:33 am

Dear Shree Vaughn,
If you remember, i mailed you previously...
Recently, i came across a girl who had combusted Venus....she looks good...but wont it mar her marital happiness??
I will be waiting for your comments...
Gaurav
gg_0202

Postby atul » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:43 pm

vaughn ji

i have read that Venus & mercury are NOT combust if they are retrograde ...
is this true?

regards
Atul Maydeo.
atul
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sandeep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Mercury has the highest resistance to combustion since it is always close to the Sun and never beyond 28 degrees from the Sun. Saturn has the least resistance to combustion, as it is the farthest away from the Sun in Vedic Astrology terms.

Anyway, aspects of Rahu to the combust planet nullify the combustion as Rahu sheds its darkness over the combustion. In such a case, neither will Rahu afflict the planet and nor will the combustion be hardcore.

In Oprah's chart, Venus is in deep combustion. As a result, she never really had a fruitful married life. In fact, that's the reason why she never tied the knot. Furthermore, the combustion is taking place in the 6th house, which further devastated her married life. Jupiter's aspect on the 4 planets in the 6th house and Rahu-Ketu's influence minimized the combustion by a lot.

Her highly favorable 4th house Mars, which is creating a Raj Yog, bought her, one-way ticket to fame. Mars is also in connection with Jupiter, which sealed her fate. Her 4th house Moon will also give good results since it is under the influence of Jupiter, and 4th house is the best placement for the Moon. These factors paved the way for her reality shows, and shows that talk about deeper things in life. Moon's influence there is also one of the reasons why she chose feminine topics. Mars in Scorpio sealed that as well....
Sandeep

Postby ompuneet_2911 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Hello,

In my 11th house (Capricorn), I have Sun conjunct with Venus (lord of 3rd and 8th house) and Rahu aspect my 11th house from 7th house, does it tell that Venus is not in combustion?

Please help me clarifying this.

Thank you,
Regards,
Ompuneet
ompuneet_2911
Contributor
Contributor

Postby feb76 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 am

Interesting discussion here... What is the effect of combustion if Sun is debiliated? Is there any special significance if the combustion happens in the lagna?
feb76
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lalanphakir » Fri May 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Namaste Vaughnji and Others,

Regarding combustion, I read something in astrojyoti. It says,

"It is normally agreed that the planetary combustion effects are effective when they are in the same nakshatra pada with the sun. After that the effects are not severe."

Now, what I want to ask you all is—is this true?

Would it mean that—say, if Sun is the 3rd pada of Uttarphalguni nakshatra, and say Venus is in the 4th Pada of Uttarphalguni Nakshatra, the effects of combustion will not be that severe?
lalanphakir
Contributor
Contributor

ABOUT COMBUSTION

Postby ROHIT » Mon May 04, 2009 6:32 pm

MY DOB IS 4/10/1981 TIME: 23.04, PLACE::MUMBAI

IN MY CHART: Gemini Ascendant 3rd lord Sun is in 4th house (virgo) with Jupiter & Saturn. Here, my jupiter has Kendradhipati Dosh. Saturn & jupiter both are combust. but ketu has 5th aspect on them from 8th house capricorn. Does this save Jupiter & Saturn From Combustion or only Rahu has such power to shed.Curently my sun dasha is going. Please Comment?
ROHIT

Postby astrosdm » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:42 am

Adding to the 3 year old posts above regarding Oprah's chart:

As per Systems Approach (SA) in Vedic Astrology (developed by VK Choudhry):-
When the Sun is a functional benefic planet its conjunction with other well-placed functional benefic planets is good and gives exponential growth for the significations of the planets in close conjunction with the Sun. The combust planets suffer under the transit malefic influences.
When the Sun is a functional malefic planet or a functional malefic planet or planets are closely and mutually influencing the Sun, the significations of all the planets involved suffer in their sub-period as also during transit impacts.

In Oprah's chart, as per SA, both Sun and Venus are benefics and close conjunction of Sun to Venus (combustion) has given exponential growth for the significations of Venus (career in a creative field). Also, as Vaughn Paul has already mentioned above, other favorable aspects like from Jupiter, Mercury and in an exchange with exalted Saturn have added to the positive result.

regards
astrosdm

Postby milredr » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Last edited by milredr on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milredr
Donor
Donor

4 combust planets

Postby amitns » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi

I have read several threads on combustion but that has only increased my confusion! My data is as follows
DoB XXXX, Time 15:12 hrs, Mumbai, Kumbh lagna, makar rashi. 5 planets are present in 9th house. Sun is debilitated in Libra, and Venus, mars, mercury(r) and Uranus are combust in 9th.
Is this combustion bad for venus and mars? what are the ill effects?
Are the benefits of multrikona venus lost due to combustion. also i read that venus in libra causes the neechbhanga yoga. Is it also lost due to combustion?
amit
Last edited by amitns on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mylilangel » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 am

Hi amitns,

I am a learner. I found your chart very interesting, perhaps more so cause my son has same lagna and same saturn and moon placement.

You have the most beautiful vargottam Jupiter, the best benefic of all planets placed in its best possible house, where it not only gets digbala, forms multiple dhana yoga but also aspects the all important 5th, 7th and 9th house and consequently 5 other planets. You are quite lucky to have its mahadasha at the most important time of your life.

I am not much of an expert to comment on the effect of combustion on the 3 planets. But still am thinking, its only mercury which is again combust in navamsa while venus and mars are doing fine. So they may not suffer much from combustion. In fact this combination of planets is giving some wonderful rajayogas involving the all important house lords in a very auspicious 9th house. Sun indeed gets neechbhanga from Venus.

If you can please share some bits on some important events in your life like about your education(engineering?), marriage(love?) et al, it may help learners like me to understand things better.

Thanks and regards
mylilangel
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combustion

Postby Ghrishneswar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm

I am not sure if a planet can be combust in navamsa or any divisional chart. Combustion is a physical phenomenon.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby milredr » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:58 pm

hi someone did ask a question which was ignored. would like to bring it up again. what if sun is debilitated? how does it impact combustion of Jupiter and mercury in the 12th house? oct 21st 2005 male, bangalore, 8.26 am
Secondly i have venus combust in the 7th house. Touch wood, i have a good marraige. will finish 11 years this april. any comments? april 10th, 1973, mangalore, female, 5.30 pm
milredr
Donor
Donor

Postby Ghrishneswar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:16 am

Combustion is a physical phenomenon.
Sun being exalted or debilitated does not have any impact on combustion phenomenon as such.
Combust planets are 'dagdha' planets... means burned...mood is 'Kopit' (angry)
A neecha Sun may produce some of its ill effects due to its weak position.
A weak Sun does not mean that combustion will will be compensated.
Weak Sun may add own twist to combustion as it may become more malefic..and any planet association with malefic Sun may produce bad results.

Shukra being combust does not neccesarily mean bad marriage...
There are other factors like aspects, ownership that a combust planet may have with Sun to produce some good yoga.
Also what you have in 7th house, how is your 7th lord in navamsa along with Ve. Your UL etc....
Need to take individual strengths and weakness and then see impact...on the overall aspect of life.
In short-- Sytems approach posted above.

"
As per Systems Approach (SA) in Vedic Astrology (developed by VK Choudhry):-
When the Sun is a functional benefic planet its conjunction with other well-placed functional benefic planets is good and gives exponential growth for the significations of the planets in close conjunction with the Sun. The combust planets suffer under the transit malefic influences.
When the Sun is a functional malefic planet or a functional malefic planet or planets are closely and mutually influencing the Sun, the significations of all the planets involved suffer in their sub-period as also during transit impacts.

"
This is very true. Combust plantes do produce bad effects no matter what. Other plantes may provide saving grace but cannot reverse combustion.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Postby amitns » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 pm

I would like to revive this thread. I posted on it a really long time ago, but somehow missed to follow up..mylilangel.. if u are still around i would like to reply to you in detail..
amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mylilangel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. Its totally spooky that I haven't been visiting this forum for quite a while due to some personal reasons. But I just checked here a few minutes back and I get this message from you.
I would love to have a response from you. Kindly write back.

God Bless You
mylilangel
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby amitns » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks
amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Postby anonymous_hckr » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:53 am

hi,

I'd like to add something to this post.What would be the results of 3 combust planets namely jupiter, venus and mercury being in the 10th house along with the moon and all 4 of em are being aspected by mars which is in its own house i.e the 7th house (scorpio) while mars also has saturn along in the 7th house in taurus lagna.

Also the sun is in the 9th house (capricorn).The 9th house is ruled by saturn and saturn being in the 7th also aspects the Sun.
m also posting the chart below for your kind perusal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymous_hckr

Next

Return to Special Rules