Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Navamsa and spouse...

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.

Moderator: ChandraLagna

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Navamsa and spouse...

Postby astroufo » Wed May 13, 2009 8:39 pm

what is logic behind Navamsa is seen for 'spouse'

why not saptamasa is used for same?

any comments ...
astroufo

Postby Shrikanth » Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 am

Dear astroufo

Well the Varga charts are basically a detailed or close examination of the main Rasi chart. Kind of placing a specific aspect of a native's life under the "Microscope".

Navamsa (Nine) is basically an octave of 9 - Microscope on the 9th house - We are reviewing the Dharma of the person - the resources, skills to perform his dharma, his desires, breaks in his dharma etc.,

Some vargas are quite straightforward Dasamsa as the career/success; Some others may not be - Vimshamsa (D20) for Spiritual progress; Ekadasamsa (D11) for manifestation of your evils and weaknesses. 11th is 6th from the 6th - can be seen how one weakness (Shadripu) manifest itself in the native.

Shrikanth
Shrikanth
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby astroufo » Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for your comments Shrikanthji

As you stated " Navamsa (Nine) is basically an octave of 9 - Microscope on the 9th house - We are reviewing the Dharma of the person - the
resources, skills to perform his dharma, his desires, breaks in his dharma etc., "

but why it seen for spouse ?

why not saptamamsa ?

As it is straightforward since seventh house in rashi chart is seen for 'spouse'..etc.

I further want to know which divisional chart is seen for education...breaks in education, quality of education , higer education etc

thanks again for your comments

regards
astroufo

Postby Krishna » Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi,

The fundamental concepts of Indian / Hindu / Vedic astrology (Jyotish Shastra) have roots in Hindu religion and its scriptures. To put it differently, you could consider the hindu / vedic / puranic scriptures to be the fertile ground from which the massive tree of astrology has grown.

Therefore, if one has any doubt regarding the basic astrological concepts or rules, the scriptures need to be referred to for answers.

The 7th house in the rasi chart indicates marriage / spouse / partner and the 9th house represents dharma / father / religion, etc. Logically, one can put forward the following arguement:

1st house represents the person - The rasi chart overall represents the physical aspects of the person
2nd house represents wealth - The 2nd divisional chart (Hora) is studied to determine wealth
3rd house represents sibilings - The 3rd divisional chart (drekkana) is studied to determine details of siblings
.... and so on.

Therefore, since 7th represents marriage .. the 7th divisional chart (saptamsa) must be considered to determine details of marriage and spouse. However, it has been clearly defined in the astrological texts that the 9th divisional chart (navamsa) needs to be seen for marriage and spouse. However, the 9th house in rasi chart has nothing to do with spouse. Why is it different for marriage? Why doesn't the above logic work?

To answer the above question, let us begin with trying to understand what the 9th house signifies. The 9th house is called dharma-sthana and therefore represents dharma. So what is dharma? Righteousness, rules that need to be followed to be righteous, religion, rules of religion that need to be followed - all these mean dharma.

Now let's see what are the rules that one needs to follow as a Hindu, to uphold dharma? To know this, look at the 4 ashramas that a hindu has to go through in his life. They are Brahmacharya (bachelorhood, student, etc), grihasta (house holder, married person), vanaprastha (retired, simple life with minimal attachments), sanyasa (renunciation of worldly life). Grihastha ashrama or grihastha dharma is the religious duty of the hindu to marry and live the life of a householder - to procreate and thereby perpetuate one's lineage (vamsa).

Therefore, for the followers of Hinduism, marriage is a dharmic duty and one's spouse is one's partner in the practice of religious duty. To ensure that one gets the best matched partner to follow one's religious duty, we have arranged marriages which are based on horoscope matching.

The 7th house (marriage) is the 11th (gain) from the 9th (dharma). Therefore, marriage is the gain of dharma.

The navamsa (9th divisional chart) has to be studied in order to predict regarding one's dharma and since marriage amongst hindus is primarily a dharmic-duty, the maharishis have recommended the study of navamsa for marriage.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astroufo » Tue May 19, 2009 3:43 am

Thank You Krishnaji For detailed Information

thanks and regards

Astroufo
astroufo

Postby KumKum » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 am

Krishnaji Thanks for the detailed description for Navamsa. Then can you please explain why we see Saptamsa for Children and Not D5 chart as fifth house is house of children.
KumKum
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sivagnanalingam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 am

|| Jaya agannatha ||

12 -5 = 7

12 - 5 = SEVEN.

s/s
sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sivagnanalingam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:03 am

|| Jaya Jagannatha ||

12 x 9 = 108 .

Mantras are chanted 108 times . Why ??

Navamsa has God's power.

Rasi 9 H is your father . Father guides you . So guidance.

After marriage spouse guides you.

After father , you live with spouse. your spouse guides you.

Navamsa another name Dharmamsam. As we are going to live with Dharmapathini.

Suppose if you have 7 th H Mars in your Rasi , then this means your attitude towards husband.

If your Navamsa 7H has jupiter , then this shows your husband's attidude.
This means u r husband is very good . You are bit angry nature .

( don't get angry on me ). In navamsa, Venus in Dustana houses bad.
navamsa Lagna lord in Daustana too not good.

Navamsa 10 H Benifics REALLY great. ( for Job )

Navamsa 7 H mars is bad than rasi 7 H mars.

Navamsa Trinal planets shows you in born Talant.
( God's gift ).

Trinal houses are 1-5-9 . Suppose if you has Mars in Navamsa Trine , then you are good in cooking. ( Mars is fire ). For gents it shows engineering.

Navamsa Trinal planets - God's take care of you .

Navamsa -1-4-7-10 houses you are responsibles.

Navamsa 4 H planets dasa /bhuthis not Good.

Navamsa Surya depositer planet surely gives wealth during its dasa.
Eg : Your Surya is in Libra , then libra lord is Venus . So venus dasa gives you wealth.
Because Surya is the giver of resources.
Plant grows by sun light . we animal eats plants . We eats animal and plants.

strength of the Moon and sun in navamsa is very good and also important,

There are many more but I will stop now,

bye bye

have a great day.

siva sarasalei
sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sivagnanalingam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

|| Jaya Jagannatha ||

I don't read all post .( as no use to me ).

But I just read two lines ( someone wrote ) about Ekadasamsam. D-11 .

Another name for it RUDRAMSAM.

This vargam entirely deals with WAR. VICTORIES AND DEFEAT in war.

Ancient times used for Kings.

For this Varga , Manduga Dasa is used. Manduga means Frog.
Dasa calculation based on frog JUMP . Jumping 3 and 3 houses .
As 3rd house is for BRAVERISM.

For EVILS D- 30 . 12 x 2 = 24 + SIX = 30.

For evil matters D-30 .
And for war Victories and defeat D-11 .

siva sarasalei.
sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby dec1976 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 am

[quote]Navamsa 7 H mars is bad than rasi 7 H mars. [/quote]

Greetings.

What can one more say about Ma i 7th house navamsha chart. As Yogakaraka for Leo Lagna. Is it different or should relationships always be bad or even dangerous for spouse?

Shuld also L7 be considered?
dec1976
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby sivagnanalingam » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 pm

|| om namo narayana ||

1) Suppose in Rasi , you have jupiter in the 7 house.
So your attitude towards the spouse is good.
2) At the same time , if your navamsa 7 house has Mars , then your husband attitude is Mar's nature. Controlling you / or sometimes agressive. defects in body parts r the results.

To confirm the above results , we should look the Upa Pada lagna and its lord.

REPEATING factors are important to confirm a particular results.

siva sarasalei
sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby cjappu » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:03 pm

[quote]In navamsa, Venus in Dustana houses bad.[/quote]
For eg: If Venus is exalted but in 8th house (dusthana) as a lord of 3rd and 10th for Capricon ascendant it would be bad in which area/sense? or how bad?
2. Is it just standalone dictum for Venus or it holds true for all.
Rgds,
cjappu
[/quote]
cjappu
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Navamsa and spouse...

Postby anilesh47 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 am

Here i would like to put my just two cents...
Here i read that if mars in 7th house in navmansha, person's spouse will be agreesive nature. and also stated about venus too that if venus is placed in dusthana in navmansha is all over bad. But I want to give you the chart of my wife. Just analyse it. She has Mars in 7th house (As said in this forum about mars placemnet is correct in some extent. I have agrresive nature) and Her venus is placed in 6th house with saturn. But as per my knowledge, Her rashi chart where her mars is aspecting 7th house (Scorpio) which is his own house. So it would not be bad. Also her venus is strong in her rashi chart. If venus is strong then how could it bad in navmansha if it is placed in dusthana house? In adding, Her third and eighth lord venus is placed in 6th house in navmansha chart. 3rd, 8th, 12th and 6th are consider dusthana and as per astrology law if dusthana lord placed in dusthana called vipreet rajyoga.

Following are details
13th November, 1981
06:11 pm
Jaipur, Rajasthan.

Waiting for comments from experts.
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!
anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby nss75 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Respected Astrologers,

After reading this article, I am having doubt whether I will ever get married. I am still single. My mother is aged and worrying about my marriage as nothing worked till date. Would be grateful, if someone throw light on this subject.

regards

nss
Last edited by nss75 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
nss75
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R V RAMANAN » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:26 am

Dear Nss 75

You will get married next year. Chant mahalakshmi ashtotram daily.

regards
ramanan
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby kyos » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:22 am

:P Namaste, ramanan ji.

My DOB-28 Aug 1978, TOB- 00-10-15 AM, POB- Surat (Gujarat), India.

what is the effect of parivertan yoga of third and seventh house with debilitated moon & mars for marriage and relationships in navmansha chart ?

Please Reply, Thanks in advance. kiran.
kyos
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R V RAMANAN » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 am

Dear Kiran

In your rasi chart there is a dharmakarmadhi pathi yoga due to the exchange of moon and mercury but is rendered feeble because of mercury retro and also debilitated in navamsa.

The navamsa chart also has a feeble dharmakarmadhipathi yoga as the 10th lord sun is in the 9th aspecetd by the 9th lord. This is also rendered useless by the presence of debilitated mars and also saturn who is the enemy of sun. Moreover, both the 7th lord and his sign depositor the 11th lord mercury are debilitated.

Actually, the exchange is between saturn and moon, the lord of 3 and 9 and not between mars and moon.

since all the three houses 3 7 and 11 are afflicted i suggest u dont do any business.

regarding relationship and marriage the vargottama of venus is a positive thing which should see you through in married life.

regards
ramanan
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby kyos » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Thank you for reply.

I use Jagannath hora software lahiri ayanmasa indicates vrishabh as navmansha lagna which is vergottama. According to this sofware moon is lord of third house, mars is lord of 7th house, saturn is lord of 9th & 10th house, jupiter is lord of 8th & 11th house.

Please verify that above information is right or wrong. according this parivartana yoga of 3rd & 7th house occurs ?

please reply. Thanks in advance. kiran.
kyos
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R V RAMANAN » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Dear Kiran,
You are right. I read the timing as 10:15am rather than 00:10:15. You are absolutely correct.
I am sorry for my oversight.

Regards,
Ramanan
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby kyos » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank you for reply.
what is outcome of parivartana yoga between debilitated L3 Moon & L7 Mars for marriage, relationship and business in navmansha chart ?

please reply. thanks in advance. kiran.
kyos
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R V RAMANAN » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Dear Kiran,
The parivarthana Yoga between 2 debilitated planets is not great. But having said that, the 7th lord Marsis with the 5th Lord Sun and also yogakaraka Saturn. This should actually strengthen Mars to some extent. Regarding Moon, though debilitated is in a kendra to Jupiter and also to Lagna lord, thereby gaining some strength.

So, with respect to relationships ruled by the 7th and communicationruled by the 3rd, both these houses ruling business prospects looks to be above average.

Regards,
Ramanan
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Patriot » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 am

Dear Guruji,

My DOB is 19th July 1981

Place of Birth: Bangalore

I have Pisces Navamsha with the following planetary positions;

Lagna: Ketu
2nd house: Jupiter+saturn+Venus
5th house: SUN(Vargotamma)
7th House: Rahu
8th House: Moon
10th house: Mars
12th House: Mercury

I have parivarthana Yoga betweenn 10th lord & 2nd lord in Navamsha, please let me know the significance of this.

I have Sun as Vargothamma can i get into Government services.

Kindly let me know about my married life.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Last edited by Patriot on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby R V RAMANAN » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:27 am

Dear Bharath,

Both ur rasi and navamsa has nodes in 1/7 axis. Rahu in the star of Saturn who is well placed in the 9th as Lagna Lord but he is conjoined by the lord of 3 and 12. Ketu in the star of Sun is placed in the 7th as the 8th lord. Sun becoming vargothama gets some dignity. All these are not pointers to a healthy married life.

Moreover, u r running Venus bukthi in jupiter dasa and the dasa and bukthi lords are 2/12 to each other. Venus yoga karaka for ur lagna is in a dusthana in the 8th adding insult to injury. This present period is not at all healthy for ur married life.

Sun though in vargothama is not all that powerful to give u a govt. job, right now. But, in the dasamsa sun as the 9th lord is exalted in the 5th and aspects the10th lord placed in a friendly sign. So the sun bukthi gives u a better chance to get a govt. job.

Moreover, u r running the period of ashtama sani and the ashtakavarga dots are very very less in Virgo. Pls wait for saturn to leave Virgo for some improvement in ur married life and sun bukthi may give u a job of ur choice in the govt.

Regards,
RAMANAN
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby kyos » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm

:) Namaste, ramanan ji.

Is that marriage yoga really present in my chart ? If yes how will be my spouse & marriage life ?

Please reply. Thanks in advance. kiran.

Following is link my question about marrriage.
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5369
kyos
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Patriot » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks for replying to my queries Ramananji,
Last edited by Patriot on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Divisional Charts