in Learn Hindu Astrology Easily - ch. 12
The Lords of certain houses should combine to promise gain of wealth in a horoscope. The cardinal and the most important always is the lagna (ascendant) and the lagna lord. To achieve anything in life sound health is necessary. Bad health can be a reason for poverty, lack of concentration in the work undertaken, and other misfortunes.
Lords and Houses
Planetary combinations for wealth (Dhana Yogas) and illustrated examples:
1. Lord of lagna and the 2nd lord.
2. Lord of lagna and the 5th lord.
3. Lord of lagna and the 9th lord.
4. Lord of lagna and the 11th lord.
5. Lord of the 2nd house and the lord of the 5th house.
6. Lord of the 2nd house and the lord of the 9th house.
7. Lord of the 2nd house and the lord of the 11th house.
8. Lord of the 5th house and the lord of the 9th house.
9. Lord of the 5th house and the lord of the 11th house.
10. Lord of the 9th house and the lord of the 11th house.
Note: We have seen the importance of the 2nd and the 11th house generally for gains. But the 5th and the 9th houses are known in Hindu astrology as Lakshmi sthanas or the houses of the goddess of wealth.
Moon and Mars
The Moon and Mars combination is known as Chandra Mangala Yoga and is a classically recognized yoga for wealth. It is a wealth producing combination.
Mention has been made earlier of the Artha (money) trine. Of special importance therefore is the concentration of planets in the 2nd, 6th, and 10th house. Which dasha will produce wealth when is a matter of astrological judgment, which will be shown through examples later.
reprinted with permission