How to increase productivity and not be lazy in life?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vineet154

How to increase productivity and not be lazy in life?

Post by vineet154 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 am

Cancer ascendant here...so one moment im superbly planning stuff to do, the other moment im shamelessly wasting time doing nothing...nearly every day ends where i self-reflect and feel "what am i doing with my life"
Is it due to my debilitated mars in lagna or debilitated mercury in 9th house ? With too much thoughts coming at a time, its extremely difficult to focus. Would love to hear your thoughts...thanks.

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to increase productivity and not be lazy in life?

Post by SWARNIM » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Possible astrological explanation:-
1. "superbly planning": Strong influence of Mars over Rahu.
2. "wasting time doing nothing" : Negative influence of Saturn over Jupiter.
3. "i self-reflect and feel "what am i doing with my life":- Jupiter is strong and connected with Rahu.
4. "too much thoughts coming at a time, its extremely
difficult to focus": Strong Mars placed in trine to Merucy.

You should perform remedies to strengthen Jupiter so as to increase productivity and not be lazy in life.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:33 am

Swarnim, superb response.

I do have (1) which is "superb planning" in Navamsa. But so far no action taken since Jupiter is in a dusthana in my chart (both Rasi and Navamsa). Need to get out of my comfort zone first.

I do have (2) also since Jupiter is in Aquarius, in Saturn's sign, in the 8th in Dusthana, in the Rasi Chart.

I do have (3) for self-reflection. Jupiter sits in Rahu's nakshatra in the 8th and Jupiter is in Pushkara. My reflection comes in spurts because Jupiter is in the 8th.

I do have a lot of thoughts but can focus too at the same time. Mercury+Saturn exchanges Nakshatras with Rauh+Mars in the Navamsa. Mercury has Saturn as its companion which gives stability in thoughts even though the exchange taken as a group does involve between Mercury and Mars.

Yes, I would say propitiation of Jupiter does help in my life. Jupiter has a lot of easy and short mantras available like Wahe Guru and Guru Brahmha, Guru Vishnu.......

Also just praying to God and thanking him by looking at your palms as soon as you wake up in the morning and then washing your face with the palms is a form of propitiation to Jupiter.

Best Rgds
Khoo

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:58 am

In my experience, praying to Lord Ganesha with the mantra

Om Sree Ganesaya Namaha

has helped me to increase my productivity and time management skills.

Shrikanth
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shrikanth » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 am

Dear Vineet154,

Welcome to Cancer Ascendant club. I'm a classic example of the extreme problems with Cancer Asc.
With Moon as the lagna lord our lives are driven by the mind.

Perfectly tabulated plans (in our heads or on paper), prioritized, start dates set, raring to go - hit the implementation for exactly 3 days and then the mind kicks in and we restart from Step 1.

For Cancer Asc - 3rd, 6th and 11th house - three of the four core upachaya houses being a natural benefic sign.
If you have benefics aspecting/influencing the 3rd and 6th houses - you will find it very difficult to barrel thru obstacles, fight tough situations and so you will give up easily and take up something else and restart.

Laziness is a symptom for waiting on the platform for the next train to arrive (only to find it more crowded and not sure how to get on it)

The best fix for this to infuse fire energy into your system.
Change your diet - keep Kapha foods away - add lots of Vata/Pitta.
Consume your meals warm - never cold. Reduce consumption of water.
Wake up early and include atleast 30-40 mins of daily yoga practice - especially where you can focus on the navel region.
Sun Salutations, standing postures, energetic, core strengtheners.
Add 20 mins of Kapala Bhati to help raise your fire in the belly region.

Once the fire is lit up - things will evolve and manifest.
Laziness will be a thing of the past.
Focus more on being inspired of a cause and then work hard towards it - tirelessly and until it becomes effortless.

Best wishes
Shrikanth

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Another cancer asc here, and I completely agree with shrikanth ji's avoidance of kapha. Waking up early, forcing myself to practice a vata mentality, and trying to not dwell in my emotions. Albiet, I'm still emotional, I just try to prevent my emotions from controling me. This helps reduce some laziness. However it also depends on other planets affecting your lagna and moon.

nelila

Post by nelila » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 am

Tandav,

I think of going to the beach and relaxing all the time. How do we know if we are being lazy or we just want to enjoy the moment?

Balwinder
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balwinder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm not entirely sure laziness/lack of initiative is peculiar to Cancer asc. Most people don't work to their potential. As for being emotional, there may be other reasons as well. Outside factors/enemies work against people.

Balwinder
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balwinder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm not entirely sure laziness/lack of initiative is peculiar to Cancer asc. Most people don't work to their potential. As for being emotional, there may be other reasons as well. Outside factors/enemies work against people.

Balwinder
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balwinder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 pm

I've got ALL the combinations listed by Swarnim. I'm not a lazy person. I can work hard when I get the freedom to do a job properly. I have done so in the past for some years. But I've been hindered from achieving more, mostly by enemies and outside circumstances.