Basic Question on Significance

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
er.computer

Basic Question on Significance

Post by er.computer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi,

I have a very basic question and need an explanation.

Saturn restricts the result wherever it sits. E.g. if Saturn is in 9H, it restricts luck, higher education.

For Taurus Asc, it rules two important houses and it is in own house at 9. So does it improve luck, chances of higher education or still goes by natural quality?

For Pisces Asc, it rules 12H and it is in great enemy sign (Mars), So does it severely impact luck, chances of higher education?

In general, how to judge natural significance along with functional significance? Thanks for any explanations.

Regards.

anuradha
Donor
Donor

Re: Basic Question on Significance

Post by anuradha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 am

No, Saturn protects the house where ever it sits. The aspect of Saturn is harmful. Jupiter wants the purity[idealism] of the house where it sits and its aspect protects[galvanized] the house and planet.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:50 am

Even Though it is a basic question but a very good question for real lovers of astrology.

For natural malefics,kona positions are negative and kendras are very good.In this scenario,saturn first gets the kona adhipatya[9th]and then kendra adhipatya.so here saturn acts as a neutral planet and gives way to his kendra[benefic lordship]adhipatya.Thus saturn is said to be yogakaraka for Taurus ascendant.saturn will be neutral towards his 9th house significations.In such conditions,if benefics transit on the 9th house or conjunct the 9th lord or aspect in any one of them,will give chances of abroad travels and higher education.But remember,capricorn as 9th initially restricts your first trails and give success in your 2nd trails.

coming to Pisces ascendent-you are lacking some clarity in your question[For Pisces Asc, it rules 12H and it is in great enemy sign (Mars), So does it severely impact luck, chances of higher education?].In which sign of mars? is it Aries Or in Scorpio ?

If it is Aries,saturn never give positive results but if it is in scorpio ,surely gives the best results regarding higher education and in luck matters.

joyd.

gssr92
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gssr92 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 am

[quote=anuradha post_id=245148 time=1507631103 user_id=1778]
No, Saturn protects the house where ever it sits. The aspect of Saturn is harmful. Jupiter wants the purity[idealism] of the house where it sits and its aspect protects[galvanized] the house and planet.
[/quote]

Anuradha Ji,

Kindly also explain about Mars placement and aspects as not much is written about it and is there any impact in nature of aspect depending if the planet is functional benefic or malefic for the chart

Thanks

Thanks

er.computer

Post by er.computer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm

joyd wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:50 am
coming to Pisces ascendent-you are lacking some clarity in your question[For Pisces Asc, it rules 12H and it is in great enemy sign (Mars), So does it severely impact luck, chances of higher education?].In which sign of mars? is it Aries Or in Scorpio ?

If it is Aries,saturn never give positive results but if it is in scorpio ,surely gives the best results regarding higher education and in luck matters.
I was implying Saturn in the Sign of Scorpio as the context was regarding 9th house.
Why Saturn in Aries never gives positive result and in Scorpio it does? Why the difference even if both signs are his enemy's sign?

Thanks.
A serious Student of Vedic Astrology.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:15 pm

you are sticking to one word -enemy signs,but about other things in those two sign's you observed?work out and you will find the answer for your questions that you are raised frnd.Once again i am telling laziness won't give good results in astrology.I don't like spoon feeding of the things.

joyd.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 am

Hi, Natural Malefic planets must be in Upachayas. When these malefics sit in kendras and trikonas then they make life very difficult for the native. To be honest with you these malefics are like Villains, the more stronger then more of the problems. These natives will have hard luck in their lives.

Natural Benefic planets when they are placed in Kendras and Trikonas then life will be smooth and happy.

Suresh_Chauhan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Isn't that a contradiction - joyd is saying Saturn's benefic or malefic nature depeneds not only on Ascendant but also on position AND sequence of the houses it rules. Karthik is saying malefics in Kendras and Konas are bad, irrespective of the ascendant and will cause trouble regardless.

Without huge amount of data to support one set, I believe in the conventional view. Malefic won't change its true nature, even if its supposed to be good for certain ascendants.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:34 pm

-suresh-Then what is your understand of the words NM-FM and NB-FB ?
Both malefics and benefics change their nature depending upon their adhipatya as and placements.

Karthik-your understanding towards kendra-kona placements of malefics and benefics not agreed at all. You have read a lot to understand this point.

joyd.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:35 pm

I have also observed Saturn doing well in quadrants/kendras (4,7,10) than in konas (5,9) from lagna.

However Saturn's placement in lagna is a bit complicated as it is both a kona and a kendra. Also saturn's position here is of marana karaka sthana

For Aries lagna,Saturn's placement, in it, has various significations depending on the nakshatras/or degree he is placed (Ashwini,Bharani and karthika). Saturn's position in Bharani looks better and also a rajayoga.

For Taurus i have observed that Saturn's placement in Lagna is neutral,is more of free will where individual's focused effort will result in success.rarely seen yogakaraka being effective in Taurus.

- AG

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 pm

AG-

Saturn's role is not a complicated one in case of Aries ascendant.He will do well both in 1,4,5,9.10.[Irrespective of star placement]..why ? Iam looking your answer for this.Like the same way For Taurus ascendants,he will do well in 1-4-7-10 places. why ? How you justify the neutrality of saturn for Taurus lagna ?

joyd.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 am

Hi JoyD, I have seen charts of makara lagna and other lagnas where Saturn is weakly placed like in 8th house and 3rd house but venus strongly placed in Kendras and konas where the native has earned a lot. Then what is the use of saying lagna lord placed in 6,8,12 houses are bad.

And i have even saw charts where saturn is strongly placed in 10th house or other good houses but in those charts venus is weakly placed then the native has suffered like hell. Recently i saw a chart of my relative and he has saturn in 8th house and 3 benefics in 7th house and another benefic in lagna. The native is doing well and is working abroad for the last 4 years. Earning is good. Incidentally saturn is 10th and 11th house lord and it being placed in 8th house would have caused career/finance problems. But nothing. Campus placement in reputed MNC and working in abroad.

I said what i have seen in the charts.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 am

Karthik quoted like this-

"When these malefics sit in kendras and trikonas then they make life very difficult for the native. To be honest with you these malefics are like Villains, the more stronger then more of the problems. These natives will have hard luck in their lives.Natural Benefic planets when they are placed in Kendras and Trikonas then life will be smooth and happy."
-------------------------------
karthik why you suddenly changed your answer from kendra-kona positions to dusthanas ? 6-8-12 are not under our present discussion.saturn as one of the karakas of profession but for some ascendants only he will harm the profession when placed in 10th house.Take for example capricorn,for it 10th house placement of saturn is bad but he gives excellent dhana yogas in other kendra and kona positions[1-4-7-5].saturns 8th house position is an exception.so native job will not be under doldrums[ i mean the factors are causing this are different ones].you simply told that you have seen your relatives chart with 3 benefics in kendra and one benefic in lagna and so on ,and you are not mentioned his lagna.but i can assume it is a aries ascendant.For Aries when saturn placed in 8th becomes neutral.It means no harm and no good to job.You have to check the other angles also for his financial and job related issues.
------------------------------------------

coming to your first statement-" I have seen charts of makara lagna and other lagnas where Saturn is weakly placed like in 8th house and 3rd house but venus strongly placed in Kendras and konas where the native has earned a lot. Then what is the use of saying lagna lord placed in 6,8,12 houses are bad."
--------------------------------
you mean you are commanaising saturn and venus positions for all 12 ascendants ? That is the reason why i advised you that you need serious and deep study about it.It seems that you are in little confusion in your replies.please first re read and then break your previous reply n to two parts and repost me..

joyd.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 am

Also one more thing with regards to the above given example.I have seen chart of another relative where Saturn the 10th and 11th house lord placed in own house of 10th house and vargottama, native suffered in his job , less salary and lengthy working hours .

Only one thing is positive about Saturn that he gives long life span but what is the use of such a long life span if the life is full of miseries and setbacks.
Last edited by karthik1984 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suresh_Chauhan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 am

I also have similar observations as with Aganapa and Karthik. In real life, just the basic things don't work, as Yogakarak may be badly placed, 5-fold friendships are spoiled or not effective, argala (blocking) and few other advanced reasons.

That is why simply following or quoting from texts whether ancient or modern is not useful, what is data telling you. If native is in front of you can you assess and see if its even possible the rajayoga to work? A lot of times the circumstances and facts override "chart promises" and ordinary results follow.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 am

karthik-read your given replies arefully.in previous one you are mentions that saturn in 8th and in your latest replies,you are saying that in own house[10th].[Recently i saw a chart of my relative and he has saturn in 8th house /I have seen chart of another relative where Saturn the 10th and 11th house lord placed in own house of 10th house and vargottama].Your replies are contradicting with each other.Review your replies once again and then respond correctly.Don't be eager in giving reply.

joyd.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 am

karthik and AG two of my replies given to you both not yet published by moderators.so wait and read them.Then we can continue the thread .

joyd.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Joyd, i am not mixing any thing in this discussion. I have seen natural benefic planets when well placed in kendras and trikonas then the native have had quick and easy success. Be it makara lagna or aries lagna or kanya lagna , i have seen saturn not being in kendra is a plus point and benefics in kendras have given lots of success or money.

I do not wish to argue that my point is correct . I have just stated as what i found in charts.