Exaltation & Debilitation

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Exaltation & Debilitation

Post by Dev » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 am

Thanks Abhishek:

Anyway, humility is the quality of being modest, and respectful and so they are one and the same.
Anyway, humility is indeed complex topic, and we need another Sigmund freud to explain the reasons for a person being humble or otherwise.
lets leave it to our sub-conscious mind to decide what's humility for us
This would cause problems because each one, however he is, always thinks he is virtue personified. Every individual would say he is humble and even if he is reacted to some situation rather violently, he would say the situation demanded so and he is normally humble.
Anyway if we leave it as you say, we would grow proportionate to the real humility we possess(apart from reacting to situations where we need to).

Dev

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 am

Dev wrote:Thanks Abhishek:

Anyway, humility is the quality of being modest, and respectful and so they are one and the same. Dev
Dear Dev jee, might be you are right. But I wonder how many catch is there in this statement. :mrgreen:
Can't comment on this.

Dev wrote: This would cause problems because each one, however he is, always thinks he is virtue personified. Every individual would say he is humble and even if he is reacted to some situation rather violently, he would say the situation demanded so and he is normally humble.
Underlined words above itself shows that no one can consciously control subconscious mind.
Sub-conscious mind will always have the last word, when a man has looses control over his conscious mind. What can a man do when his sub-conscious want to react violently in a particular adverse situation. Trust me sir ..he is helpless.

Dev wrote: Anyway if we leave it as you say, we would grow proportionate to the real humility we possess(apart from reacting to situations where we need to). Dev
That's why I said "lets leave it to our sub-conscious mind"..... Trust me Dev jee, Man is helpless with his sub-conscious mind. Only way to get respite is hours of concentration i.e. till the time you forget while concentrating that actually you are concentrating.

I have debilitated sub-concious (moon) in birth chart. I know what it take to control such a black box/black hole, also termed as Sub-Conscious. :twisted:

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:12 am

Hina ji, in trying to say that katie holmes is not = to Barack, you missed my point completely. My comparing Katie holmes to Barack was to do with Guru's retrogression, Not to say Katie = Barack. or that one is bigger than the other.

By your own admission, there are a million actresses out there who are trying to make it big. Dont you think it takes an astrounding amount of luck to land a role in hollywood at 19 then hitch up with tom cruise ? Please focus on what I am trying to say. My point that a debilitated Retrograde does not give exalted results and a exalted Retrograde will not give results akin to a debiliated planet. That is my point. Nothing else.

Millions of people have lagna lord in the lagna. That does not make them famous. On a lighter note, my office driver has his lagna lord in the lagna. The only thing he is famous for is that he has crashed up more times than the others. :)
AB,

Sorry :) if I missed your point. I will try and read your post again when I will have more time. But the point I was trying to make was that a - debilitated jupiter which got neechbhanga, gave a person, a lot more than an exalted Jupiter. I think the key is the house where it takes place.
If we could find other charts- where the exaltation of retograde jupiter takes place in a bad house. Also, if there is a chart where retrograde Jupiter debilitation takes place in a bad house?

I think retrogression simply makes the planet more powerful in its effects, it does not really reverse the effects.

The example of Katie Holmes & Obama was excellent though.

Can you please give me the name of Brihat Jatak Translation that you quote form?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

by Hina » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:42 pm
I think retrogression simply makes the planet more powerful in its effects, it does not really reverse the effects.

Beautifully put. Agree completely. :)

Book i refer to: the Brihata Jatakam of Varaha Mihira by Swami Vijnananda with the Sanskrit text included.
Indian Book centre
14/6 Shakti nagar delhi
23844930 / 23847336

Best regards
deepak
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

anuradha
Donor
Donor

Post by anuradha » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Deepakji, Book is the best not the conclusion for retrogression. Lets start the research to understand . anu
हर मित्रता के पीछे कोई ना कोई स्वार्थ होता है.ऐसी कोई मित्रता नहीं जिसमे स्वार्थ ना हो. यह कड़वा सच है.

How can he practice true compassion
who eats the flesh of an animal to fatten his own flesh?

shikham

Post by shikham » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:36 am

Here is an excellent article on neecha planets-

http://www.dgoldsteinphd.com/index.php? ... 9&Itemid=1

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi,
Rahu & ketu exalted & debiliation in which rasi & navamsa and dasamsa?

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Exaltation point Rasi Navamsa Dasamsa (As given by Sunds)
Jupiter 5 deg. Cancer Leo Aries
Moon 3 deg. Taurus Capricorn Aquarius
Saturn 20 deg. Libra Aries Aries
Venus 27 deg. pisces pisces Leo
Mercury 16 deg. Virgo Taurus Libra
Sun 10 deg. Aires Cancer Cancer
Mars 28 deg. Capricorn Virgo Gemini

jupiter & saturn exalted in dasamsa in aries? :?:

gen80

Post by gen80 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 am

Exalted planet will punish for bad deeds, debiliated planet will reward for bad deeds.

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 am

gen80 wrote:Exalted planet will punish for bad deeds, debiliated planet will reward for bad deeds.
I do not think this is how planets work. Neecha planets resort to bad karma s, they do not reward them.
Neecha planets are not less capable...Neecha means fallen not incapable. It does not mean that they reward.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

astroKid_84
Donor
Donor

Post by astroKid_84 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:03 pm

ChandraLagna wrote:Let us take the example of Shani Maharaj.

Guess where he is exalted ? IN Rashi of of intimate friend Shukr. Ok...who owns the Nakshatra? Surprise, Surprise - The one and only Dr. Jupiter Rich, PWW [ qualifications = progeny, wealth, Wisdom].
. So, the Nakshatra does have a say in where & why any planet finds exaltation! Shani Maharaj being the perfect judge returns the favor for Jupiter who was exalted in Shani's Nakshatra back in Cancer.

It does not end here. At his deepest exaltation point in Rasi, Saturn appears in Aries in at least D9 and D10. Try it out.

Whats the message? In Jataka Parijata it is clear that a malefic debilitated gives good results and exalted gives bad results. So, when Lord Shani Maharaj is exalted in Rasi and Debilitated in Higher divisionals, the Badey Miyan ultimately gives good results, though initially, or superficially may appear to give bad results in the native's life.

Warm Regards,
Arun

Dear Arun,

Is this because as one strives for a humanly impossible level of total perfection in one area of life (represented by deep exaltation of Shani in D1), the underlying energies of another area in life (represented by the D9 house where shani automatically attains neecha) is disturbed? Unless, of course, neechabhanga helps out this fallen shani in the D9 chart.

I have now seen the lives of 3 natives closely (agreed, this is a very limited sample!) with this exact placement, and found this intuitive reasoning to be true.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Best,
AstroKid_84