The Neecha Bhanga of Jupiter & Mercury Using Exaltation Rule

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The Neecha Bhanga of Jupiter & Mercury Using Exaltation Rule

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:47 am

Hi Learned Mebers

In this post I want to describe something which have overlooked by astrologers. I believe i am on the right track. For Mercury, I believe I have mentioned it somewhat in a very much earlier post.

Now all planets' Neechan Bhanga can be obtained if the exaltation ruler is square to the Moon or the Ascendant.

Now Mercury' is exaltation ruler for Virgo. So when Mercury is Neecha is Pisces and Mercury happens to be square to the Moon or the Ascendant, its Neecha Bhanga is obtained. But the Neecha Bhanga obtained is not the full strength because Mercury here is the planet in need of salvation ie. to be pulled out from its Neecha. But is still work nevertheless because :

(1) Mercury in Pisces means it is opposite Virgo so it has direct contact with Virgo through the opposite aspect.

(2) Because of (1), if Mercury is Square to the ascendant or the Moon, Virgo too likewise would be square to the Ascendant or the Moon. This makes Virgo strong and when Virgo is strong, the strength again pass on to Mercury.

So (1) and (2) implies Merucyr and Virgo is mutually reinforcing even though the Neecha Bhanga is not in full strength.

How about Jupiter?

Jupiter's exaltation sign is Cancer and the ruler is the Moon. The Moon is always angular to itself just like when we take Chandra Lagna, the place where the Moon is is considered the 1st Bhava - a trine and a kendra.

So Jupiter in Capricorn is always Neecha Bhanga by default. That is why Jupiter in Capricorn has advantages like it is a wealth position because Jupiter has been Neecha Bhanga and Jupiter is the planet of wealth. But Jupiter in Capricorn is not good for health because Capricorn is the densest of the Earth element and Jupiter rules ether and it finds dense Earth the most restrictive (in fact Jupiter does not do well in Virgo or Taurus either but in Cparicorn it does the worst - aside from the point about the Neechan Bhanga obtained by default through the Moon).

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Re: The Neecha Bhanga of Jupiter & Mercury Using Exaltation

Post by Ghrishneswar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 am

Khoo, What you said about Ju and Me is very accurate..
This is probabaly the reason the Ju when neecha in kendra is still not considered that bad due to automatic neecha bhanga from moon.
Off topic commentry/ramblings:
Me is a very unique planet, the only planet that exalts in its own sign. Exaltation of Me is usually very strong in terms of effect. Me is considered truly benefic in D charts when it is exalted, in other cases, one has to see the company it is in or ther aspect. Me is prince, intelligence without guidance, it requires guidance from other fatherly planets like, Sa, Su. Ve even though friend can lead him to go amock, Ve is neecha in his friends house. Mars and Me do not go well togather due to implusive/violent nature fo Mars.
I read somewhere the Jupiter's aspect on Me has no effect. Even Ju is not a good guide for Me. Me is neecha in Jupiter's sign. I would prefer SA and Me togather as both are friends, Saturn's patience and Mercury's intelligence can make one very good investor, researcher, leader. Sun and Me of course forms the famous budda aditya yoga making one very intelligent.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks Ghrishneswar.

Your observation on Saturn and Mercury getting very well together is very true. What a masterpiece of a statement!

Jupiter has influence on Mercury but only under certain conditions.

Regarding Jupiter's influence on Mercury, classics mentioned that if Jupiter and Mercury are both strong and they contact each other, the chart can be strengthed even more.

The 2nd house is one of the houses that I know which the playing out of dominace between Mercury and Jupiter takes place. I have written a post on this sometime back but cannot remember 100% of the contents. Classics delineate a lot on this when they talk about the 2nd house.

Normally Mercury does well alone in the 2nd or with Venus. In this case even Saturn with Mercury does not produce the desired results, wealth that is, although characterwise it is still strengthened. Sun with Mercury in 2nd hampers Mercury's full functioning in the 2nd, again weath that is, although characterwise it makes the person even more intelligent as the 2nd is the house of knowlege.

If I remember correctly, Jupiter's influence on Mercury in the 2nd house is good provided Jupiter does not sit there with Mercury. That is aspect is better than association. Also if such an aspect occur, the dasa of Mercury would be better than the dasa of Jupiter.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Ghrishneswar

By the way if Jupiter sits with Mercury in the 2nd, Jupiter's strength is sapped. The statement which I mentioned about the dasas of Jupiter and Mercury above applies EVEN MORE when Jupiter sits with Mercury in the 2nd.

So Jupiter the teacher only has influnece on Mercury the student when :

(1) The teacher and student bond is strong.

(2) During the student's initial learning like primary school denoted by the 2nd house.

If the teacher gets too close to the student, she suffer. That is why the principal always advise the teacher not to get too emotionally involved with their students. Just be dedicated that's all.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 am

Hi

By the way perceptive readers would have realised that the Neecha Bhanga which I described for Mercury above also constitues a Raja Yoga because the debilitated planet that is Bhanga ie. Mercury is also at the same time kendra to Ascendant (or Moon) besides acting as the role of the exaltation ruler ie. Virgo.

But like I said above, because in this case Mercury depends on itself to lift itself out from debilitation by its relative placement to Virgo, the Neecha Bhanga which I describe for Mercury, notwithstanding having Raja Yoga elements, is not full in its effects unlike the Neecha Bhanga which I described for Jupiter above.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi

Here is one question from a forum member and my corresponding answer to him. For those who have read the previous quote, I have re-amended my answer.

QUESTION

Dear Khoo,

I am not really convinced by your arguments. In my wife's chart both Mercury and Jupiter are neecha. She has an Uccha Shukra in 7th which was meant to give a Malavya yoga during Shukra dasha. However quite on the contrary her Shukra dasha wasn't great at all. Tough times during childhood, and family on the verge of bankrupcy at one point. This was explained by other members of the forum with Jupiter being debilated in 5th house and a debilated Mercury (lagna lord) conjunct Venus.
If you follow this argument then your arguments do not hold. I don't see any other reason for no strength to the malavya yoga.

her birth details:
May 8th 1985
17:35 (summer time

ANSWER

Dear XXXXX

You did not give me your wife's place of birth, so I do not know about the GMT and the latitude and longtitude of her place of birth, but let's say assuming that the planetary positions are like what you said which is :

Jupiter in Capricorn in the 5th in its fall
Venus in Pisces with Mercury in the 7th
Mars in the 1st in Virgo
Sun and Rahu in Aires in the 8th
Moon in the 9th in Taurus
Saturn in the 3rd in Scorpio retrogading and
Ketu in the 2nd in Libra

In your wife's case Jupiter's Neecha Bhanga is weak because the Moon is in Jupiter's sign itself which is already debilitated and cannot provide much of a Neecha Bhanga for Jupiter. Also Jupiter is placed 12th to Moon. Because Jupiter's Neecha Bhanga is weak, Mercury and Venus which is in Jupiter's sign becomes weak and because Venus is weak, she does not offer much of a Neecha Bhanga to Mercury and neither does Mercury gives a good Neecha Bhanga to itself even though Mercury is angular to the Moon (below average instead of average).

Next to the Mercury+Venus pair sits Sun+Rahu which are 2 malefics. Mars is also on Sun+Rahu side with regards to the position of Mercury+Venus, so 3 malefics in all (this I follow J N Bhasin).

Now on the other side of Mercury+Venus sits already a weak Jupiter, a weak Moon and then followed by Saturn and Ketu - so a string of weak or malefic planets. So the poor Mercury+Venus pair suffers devastation.

Notice here I have included not only Neecha Bhanga principles but also placement of planets in Bhavas in relation to other planets, dispositorship as well as planets on each side of the focal point that is in question.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

UNQUOTE

Regards

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi

The above should read as "Moon 12th to Jupiter" rather than "Jupiter 12th to Moon". A typing error.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Dear khoo,

Neechbhanga can occured through jup-mer exchange rule. If they exchange their place it can consider as neech bhanga, i know its not fully neechbhanga but somewhat.

Also if sat-mec exchange their place makes the person intelligent aswellas help in endurance his patience till the result come.

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:59 am

We do not know Birth details of the lady where Me and Ju are both neecha.
The planets giving neecha bahaga themselves should be strong enough to lend strength to neecha planet.
Here Ju and Me both are neecha Ju cannot provide effective neecha bhanga to Me. Neecha bhanga means one will suffer but overcome those eventually but the effects will still be felt.
Mahapurusha yog can be ineffective due to many reason's. We need BD to analyze those.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:32 am

Yes, Ghrishneswar is correct. If both planets are Neecha and they both exchange, it cannot provide much of a Neecha Bhanga and even if it does, it requires one to go through a lot of trials, tribulations and to have much patience. An additional point is that the planets must have some special affinity like Moon and Mars with Moon in Scorpio and Mars in Cancer, but Mercury and Jupiter are not exactly happy bedfellows.

The one quoted by Mr. Vaughn Paul which he got from Dr K S Charak is this :

If the debilitated planet exchanges houses with its debilitation lord.

So Jupiter, say if Neecha in Capricorn, should exchange with Saturn placed in Pisces or sagittarius to get the required Neecha Bhanga.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 am

So, it means if Jupiter is in Gemini and Mercury is in pisces, it can be neechbhanga. Right?
Furthermore i also consider that if venus is placed in Gemini and mercury in pisces, it can consider as neechbhanga because venus exalted in pisces.

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 am

Yes, Anilesh.

Mercury in Pisces and Jupiter in Gemini is a Neecha Bhanga according to Dr K S Charak rule. The advantage to this is that if Mercury is also a natural benefic, then this Neecha Bhanga can be good. But Mercury tends to work better with Jupiter when BOTH ARE STRONG OUTRIGHT.

Moon in Scorpio and Mars in Cancer is a Neecha Bhanga TWO WAY according to Dr K S Charak rule but it a weak one since it involves two debilitated planets. But it still works since as you know I have done a reading for a forum member a long time back who migrated to USA from India where he had troubles in his home front and with then his mother-in-law in USA. He took some time to resolve his problem. The advantage of this excahnge is that Moon and Mars can see eye to eye.

Exchange between Moon in Aires and Mars in Cancer is even better than the preceding paragraph of Moon in Scorpio and Mars in Cancer because here only one planet gets debilitated.

Exchange between Mercury in Pisces and Venus in Gemini does not work. Exaltation ruler works on a higher plane and you can use it for rules like Jupiter in Angles seem to bring in Venusian effects because Jupiter rules Pisces and Venus is exalted in Pisces. But to associate a direct rulership between Venus and Pisces like the one you quoted on the Neecha Bhanga between Mercury in Pisces and Venus in Gemini is stretching things a bit too thin.

Another scenatio which you can use on the exaltation rule would be if there are many planets in Pisces, Venus can become rather strong. Things like that but not where the direct rulership principle is invoked.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:10 am

Ghrishneswar wrote:We do not know Birth details of the lady where Me and Ju are both neecha.
The planets giving neecha bahaga themselves should be strong enough to lend strength to neecha planet.
Here Ju and Me both are neecha Ju cannot provide effective neecha bhanga to Me. Neecha bhanga means one will suffer but overcome those eventually but the effects will still be felt.
Mahapurusha yog can be ineffective due to many reason's. We need BD to analyze those.
her birth details:
May 8th 1985
17:35 (summer time)
London, UK

verma071
Contributor
Contributor

Post by verma071 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:23 am

Dear KHL,
I have read somewhere that ME gets neechbangha from jupitor if NE is in saggitarius. According to you, ME can also get neechbangha if in loaves. I am confused Why two different opinions?

I am actually Virgo ascendant with ME in lagan with sun and Venus. My lagan is vargottam. I have ju in lagan (Virgo) and ME in pisces in D9. Do u think it's neechbangha and how string is this neechbangha?

Please advice.
Oct.2, 1971
7:30am
Amritsar, India
Regards

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 am

UK chart of lady above.

Result is the sum of multiple factors:

Malavaya yoga due to Ve is weak. It exists but is weak. There are a few indicators:
1) Dispositor of Ve is debilitated. Dispositor is very important.
2) Ve is in very malefic company in D9, and can cause very bad experiences, It is togather with Su and Ra and aspected by Ma, Ke. 4 malefics are having inimical influence on Ve. All oft them are enemies of Ve and it is in enemies house. The only good thing is It is aspected by exalted Ju in D9. This is providing it some protection. Aloso 4h house is a good house for Ve.
3) Uccha neecha combination weakens it too. If have a neecha planet in company, it gets pulled up but the uccha planet is pulled down.
4) Ve has reasonable amsa bala,
Ve did give one of its effect, early marriage. Ju is exalted in D9 so it is good.
All yogas in classics are sometimes described using extremes, we know the effects but the extent needs to be figured out.
So let me ask this..Despite all the issues did the person not come out of those trying times? Is she still facing the same issues as they were say 5 years ago?
How is relationship with spouse? I guess it is good. You may chose not to answer for privacy sake.

Jupiter is coming of debilitation in D9. But it is not of much help as it is in dusthana, had it been in Kendra and trikona it would have been a far greater support, but nevertheless provides grace in D9. This also means that the later part if life may be better financially then earlier part.

As far as I can see major cause of issues in family trial.household in childhood is due to Me not Ju. Ju is protecting the chart bith in D1 and D9 even though it is neecha in D1.
In my humble opinion Me is the planet that gave painful experiences.
As lagna lord it is debiliated in rasi, navamsa and on top of that it is AK.
Debiliated AK in navamsa and rasi can be a challenging condition.
When AK is exalted in navamsa and aspected by benefics it signifies birth in great home. The contrary holds true when AK is debilitated in both rasi and navamsa and occupies dusthana in D9.

If you see char karaka graha dasa it is from 1985 to 1991 for Me. So the worst experiences may have been between those periods.
Can you confirm this?

I may be wrong but I need to know.
Last edited by Ghrishneswar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:43 am

Dear Verma

There are many usual ways where a planet can get Neecha Bhanga. One way is for the planet to be aspected by the lord of the sign where the planet is currently posited and getting a Neecha. So for example in the case of Mercury in Pisces where it is Neecha, and it gets a trine aspect from Jupiter. Another usual way would be when a planet is placed in its Neecha, the ruler makes a square aspect ie. kendra to the Moon OR Ascendant (both of course would be even better). So taking Mercury and Jupiter again, if Mercury is in Pisces and Jupiter in the chart is placed square to the Moon OR the Ascendant (Lagna).

Now there is another THIRD USUAL WAY (there are still other usual ways but we will not be exploring them here) in how a planet in Neecha can be alleviated. That is when the lord of the exaltaion sign for which the planet is in Neecha is exalted is square to the Ascendant or the Moon. Now in the case of when Mercury is being placed in Pisces, Mercury's exaltation sign Virgo the ruler is Mercury itself. Hence this is a special case when the planet that is in Neecha is also the ruler of the exaltation sign where this Neecha planet is exalted - all three roles here are performed by Mercury. So if Mercury is Neecha in Pisces and squared to the Ascendant or the Moon, it will somewhat cause Neecha Bhanga ie. alleviation of Neecha.

Now for your chart.

Your Mercury is not Neecha in Rasi but Neecha in D9. Neecha in Rasi must be handled by planetary configuration in Rasi and neecha in D9 must be handled by planetary configuration in Rasi. So in your case you have to look at the planetary configuration in D9 and not Rasi (the only two exceptions to this rule are when FIRSTLY a planet is Neecha in Rasi but exalated in D9, then it is considered a Neecha Bhanga. SECONDLY if the planet is Neecha in Rasi and placed in a good Shashtyamsa in D60, the planet is also considered Neecha Bhanga.)

So based on what I said in the aforesaidmentioned statement, how is your planetary configuration in D9?

Your Mercury in Pisces in D9 is fully aspected by Jupiter so it is a Neecha Bhanga. Additionally :

(1) Jupiter, lord of Pisces, sits on the Ascendant of D9, so it is another Neecha Bhanga from another front.

(2) Mercury being in kendra to the Ascendant of D9, means this is a Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga.

(3) Also in this case, Mercury and Jupiter exchanges signs, so this is Neechang Bhanga Raja Yoga from another front.

Hence your Mercury has a VERY POWERFUL Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga in D9.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

verma071
Contributor
Contributor

Post by verma071 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:16 am

Dear KHL,
Thanks for your reply. I have one querry regarding the effect of ME, as I am going through the worst phase of my life..professionally and financially. I would be having ME mahadasha starting in 2019. As I told you that my ME is in lagan with sun and VE creating rajyogas as well as getting combust and ME is my 10L. what should I expect professionally and financially in ME mahadasha considering the fact that that it' getting powerful neechbangha in D9 and creating rajyogas in D1 also.
Please do advice.
Regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am

Ghrishneswar wrote:Result is the sum of multiple factors:

If you see char karaka graha dasa it is from 1985 to 1991 for Me. So the worst experiences may have been between those periods.
Can you confirm this?

I may be wrong but I need to know.
Actually, just after her birth her family moved to another country where they were very happy, however they returned back to her birth place 89 to live in her family house with her grand parents and extended family. Financial strain started around 91/92 and on the verge of bankrupcy in 93/94. In 95 her immediate family moved out and started a new business after many changes of houses they bought a house in 2000. Although financially her family was doing much better that period was difficult on a personal level (friendship/high school). Her family is doing much better now, and she got married into a relatively wealthy family at a relatively young age (24).

Hope that helps.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:12 am

Dear Verma

If you look at M N Kedar's table of planets for various Ascendants which I posted not too long ago, for a Virgo Ascendant, Mercury+Venus constitutes a Raja Yoga. On top of that it is sitting in the Lagna. Sun is neutral for a Virgo Ascendant since it is ruling the 12th Bhava and associating with a rajayoga pair does not really do much harm.

Professional and financial success should be great during Mercury Mahadasa since Mercury rules the 1st, 10th and Venus the 2nd and the 9th. This is as good as you can get. Sun ruling the 12th is actually the 4th to the 9th, 3rd to the 10th, 11th to the 2nd which is very good. It gives in that order, foundation in ethics and good behaviour buttressing the 9th, initiatives towards career matters which helps in your advancement and gains from unexpected sources where your career is concerned. 12th is the 12th to the Lagna but this is not entirely bad, usually it is bad only if the 12th is hevily afflicted with a lot of natural malefics in it. In your case, 12th goest to the 1st and gets good effects of the Mercury+Venus pair rub off into it, giving you psychological insights towards any move you may make in your career (Lagna also signfies the career in addition to the 10th). The Dusthana effects of the Sun is hardly noticeable.

Venus is in its fall in Virgo but gets Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga with Mercury nearby and both being in the Ascendant. As for combustion effects, it affects Venus more than Mercury and now we are talking about Mercury Mahadasa. Sun and Mercury gives practical intelligence as well with your exterior mode of thinking (1st and 10th) blending with your inner psychological moorings (12th).

This cluster of planets in the Ascendant is 11th to Jupiter signifying gains, 9th to Mars signifying great energy chanelled towards your career ensuring more progress, 9th to Rahu which signifies again inordinate gains, diplomacy in your work front, dealing with foreign elements etc. (Your Mars+Rahu gives you exalted energy as Mars good energy in Capricorn is being magnfied by Rahu's presence with Mars).

The cluster of planets is however 8th to Moon so there may be some loss of vigilance in charting career matters but this can be easily overcomed through all the positve factors existing as discussed just now.

To be continued ...............

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 am

Verma

On the Navamsa side, it is equally good. The exchange between Mercury and Jupiter on the 1st-7th axis is magnified by being square to Rahu-Ketu. Mercury is situated 3rd to Moon signifying wealth (3rd is 2nd to 2nd) and 8th to Venus signifying you get help from others and again 9th to Mars for good energy.

The 12th to Saturn for your Mercury in Navamsa denoting loss is not worth mentioning since it is only one minor factor.

The one big factor that is good is of course your Vargottama of your Lagna (and this has its other benefits of the ruler Mercury having good Neecha Bhanga as explained earlier). It becomes like you have have the control of your destiny and all your choices made would be the right one.

I would say the only drawback is that if you take Chandra as Lagna in the Rasi chart, the cluster of planets in 12th falling 8th from the Moon gives some death-like blow to the career but otherwise everything is fine.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 am

Verma

One thing I would like to mention about the 12th house is that it is a neutral house (more so than even the 8th house where the evil effects can get boiled over after some time because the natural ruler is Mars, the planet of action and a malefic whereas the natural ruler of the 12th house is Juiter) and if lorded by the luminaries which only rule 1 house each, the advantages of having the lord of the 12th ouse in the lagna can be tapped like in your chart.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

verma071
Contributor
Contributor

Post by verma071 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Dear KHL,
Thanks for replying.
Should i assume that cluster of planets in 12th falling 8th from moon (as per chandra lagan) are the reason that i am out of job since 2009. I am in USA right now. Do you think that the situation will improve from 2012 as saturn has moved to libra and i am running sat-moon and moon is 10th from saturn and would be running Sat-Mars and Sat-Rahu after that, which are 9th from saturn.
Regards

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Verma

Yes, the situation should improve.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Govindaram
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Govindaram » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Dear Khoo,

In my D9 chart , I have Me+moon in pisces and jupiter in gemini and venus in virgo for TAURUS ascendant.

As you said above, i think i have Neecha bhangha between Me and Ju. Is there any neecha bhangha between ME and Venus??
In my D1 chart ME in Gemini and venus in Leo and Ju in Aquarius for Taurus ascendant.

Me is more powerful in my horoscope than Ju?

Thank you

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:04 am

Dear Govindaram

You do not have full Neecha Bhanga for Mercury. The lord of Pisces where Mercury is Neecha ie. Jupiter is not casting its full aspect on mercury (we discount Jaimini aspects for the definition of Neecha Bhanga although we can use Jaimini aspects when we discuss the general strength of a chart).

But according to this thread, Mercury being angular to both Moon and Ascendant does satisfy the condition that the exalted ruler, Mercury itself, is lifting itself up from Neecha partially. Venus in Virgo in Navamsa is thus like wise lifted out of Neecha partially because the exaltation and lordship of the sign Virgo is partially Neecha Bhanga.

Now the thing is that we always look for Neechas of planets in Rasis and see whether in Navamsa are they exalted. If they are, their Neecha in Rasi becomes Neecha Bhanga. In your case, Mercury and Venus are fine in Rasi but it is Neecha in Navamsa. So it needs a Bhanga in Navamsa itself to ameliorate it which you have as I have just mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Hope that helps.

Rgds
Hock Leong