Placement of JUP and VEN

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
p.mahesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Placement of JUP and VEN

Post by p.mahesh » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm

It is mentioned in some books that

JUP's placement in 1st house is not favourable
particularly for marriage life.

Same is for VENUS in Krittika Nakshatra
(But Krittika is in Taurus, VEN's own house how is that possible?)

Can some one explain?

Mahesh

rajitha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rajitha » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 am

Mahesh,
I don't think that is true. Jupiter in the first house (both a trikona and kendra) is good and also Jupiter gets digbala in the first.

Again, we still have to see the lordships and what rashi the first house is.

p.mahesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by p.mahesh » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Rajitha,

According to some (including Krushna's Astakavarga),
A planet in exaltation will have opposite influence on
opposite (7th from it) house. Same is true if it has
benefic influence by amount x on its house of residence,
it will have only 1-x benefic aspect on 7th house from it
Hence, will have malefic aspect on 7th. In view of this
if JUP is in 1 and benefic to 1, it will have opposite
effect on 7th from 1.

May be JUP in 1 is good for one-self and makes
self-centered. Such people can not mix with
others.

I do not know how far it is true.

Regarding VEN in Krittika, why, being in own house
Taurus, not favourable?

Mahesh

nina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by nina » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 am

I just joined this forum. This is my very first post!

Just my opinion:

I don't see why Jupiter would be bad in the 1st granted it's a natural benefic. But in view of his lordships, this can be modified according to the ascendant. In other words it's not black and white.

If we're talking of an exalted Jupiter in the 1st that would be for a Cancer lagna. That makes for the lord of 6th and 9th in the 1st - in strength.
According to Parashara the lordship of Jupiter for this lagna is considered benefic because the 9th is dominant over the 6th. So this would make the native ethical, and wise and probably makes him work for good causes, be forgiving to his enemies, lucky with his debts, can make for a good teacher also, etc - but I don't see the self-centredness here, quite the opposite, the generosity.
Again, this is in theory, as for a "real" person the quality of his Jupiter would be modified according to what other influences take place upon this Jupiter.
Now the native wouldn't just get all the luck of the 9th lordship of Jupiter but some of the 6th lord's attributes and downside would be present too, as everything shows.

In the end I'd say that I think some of the difficulties attributed to an exalted Jupiter are true in the light of 1. exalted planets are wild cards and can go over the top, 2. Jupiter would be 8 from his Moolatrikona sign (Sagittarius) and we know what the 8th means, it certainly brings big challenges and upheavals.

vishvesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vishvesh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:08 pm

hey nina

welcome to the forum...

very good point on exalted planets being wild cards...

i recently came across a chart where Jupiter was exalted but in retro......
the lagna was Aries/Mesha.....hence jupiter becomes the owner of the 9th and 12th house exalted in the fourth BUT in retro.....well i was a bit confused on how to read it.........would highly appreciate if you could throw some light on it...

thank you in advance...

vishvesh

Raman Deep Singh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:23 am

Dear p.mahesh ji,
you r right?not just Krushna but also normalAshtaka varga says the same thing about exhalted giving bad effect on opposite house..But again as it is mentioned From BV Raman ji to KN Rao ji ...Use Ashtakavarga as a complementary Tool for comprehensive prediction and Fully on its own..

True an exhalted Jupiter will give bad effect on 7th house in sarvashtakavarga but you have to consider lots of other things and other principles of astrology then just Ashtakavarga....
But in that case also what about 7th house from Venus in Venus's BAV.....Dont you think we have to consider that also and then 7th house from jupiter or SAV.....

Regards,
Raman

Kannan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Kannan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 am

[quote="p.mahesh"]Rajitha,
Regarding VEN in Krittika, why, being in own house
Taurus, not favourable?
Mahesh[/quote]

Venus in Kirthika means in Sun's constellation. According to KP Venus will first give the results of the house in which Sun is placed . If Sun is connected to 6,8, and 12th house , then Venus will give bad results, otherwise no. Moreover Venus and Sun are not friends and Venus in this case is sitting on his enemy's star.

Kannan
Last edited by Kannan on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kannan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Kannan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:42 am

Dear Friends

Further to the above as per stellar astrology Venus will give good or bad results depending on which constellation it is placed. The lord of the constellation Kirthika in which Venus is placed is Sun. If Sun is well placed Venus gives good results. If Sun is connected to 6,8 and 12 then it gives unfavourable results. Then when Venus will give its result ? For this find out in which star(s) Venus is placed. Then Venus will express matters of his own sign during the Dasa/Bhukthi period of the planet placed in Venus star .

Kannan