JHora software Shadbala outputs can be wrong for you

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
fluid2finance
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

JHora software Shadbala outputs can be wrong for you

Post by fluid2finance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:37 am

Dear All,

Just wanted to bring to the notice of everyone that the shadbala calculations for Moon & Mercury might be wrong for some of you (not all)

I have indicated the discrepancy to Mr Narasimha (author of software who is an engineer in Boston)

The reason is the following:-

a major component of shadbala is Saptavargaja Bala in the Sthana bala component of the 6 fold strength

exaltation gets no value in this type of strength...it is calculated as per the following...NOTE that planet gets max 45 points for being in MK sign

difference here is this...MK for moon IS TAURUS and JHORA gives 0 points for ALL the taurus placements! infact taurus being MK, moon should get 45 points for all those

The seven Vargas are
•Rasi (D-1)
•Navamsa (D-9)
•Hora (D-2)
•Decanate (D-3)
•Saptamamsa (D-7)
•Dvadasamsa (D-12)
•Trimsamsa (D-30)
Each Varga placement contributes a strength according to the placement in the planet's sign.

Placement

Strength (Virupas)

Moolatrikona
Onw Rasi
Extreme friend (Adhi Mitra)
Friend (Mitra)

Neutral (Sama)

Enemy (Satru)

Extreme Enemy (Adhi Satru)

Theoretical maximum value for Saptavargaja Bala is 45*7=315 Virupas (Planet in Moolatrikona for all Vargas).

Remarks
1.Strength calculation is not the same as in Saptavarga calculation.
2.Exaltation and debilation play no role in Saptavargaja Bala.
3.Moolatrikona placement in Varga charts is calculated according to sign position not to length (because there is no length in higher Varga charts).
4.There are different opinions about temporary friendship of planets. Some say that temporary friendship is always relative to Rasi placement of planets, others say that this friendship must be calculated from the underlying Varga chart.

fluid2finance
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: JHora software Shadbala outputs can be wrong for you

Post by fluid2finance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 am

The same is also true for Mercury in JHora

The difference can be big for those with moon in taurus in many vargas (divisionals) as explained above

For astrologers currently utilizing JHora, here is an example:

in natal horoscope of 18th september 1981, 4:12:30 seconds (pm) chandigarh, india

Jhora with lahiri will show shadbala for moon as 101 with 6.03 rupas. Since 6 rupas are required for moon, 6.03 is just 101% or 101 in the bar graph

now in this horoscope, moon is in taurus for 6 out of 7 divisionals. This will contribute an additional 6 x45 = 270 shastiamas or virupas which is equal to 4.5 rupas that are not being counted in JHora right now

If these are counted, the Moon shadbala will not be 6.03 but 10.53 rupas

10.53 rupas will be equivalent to 176% shadbala or 176 as opposed to the 101 being shown right now

I think Mr Narasimha should fix it in his next version update beyond 7.64

let me know if you have questions/ comments....

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

hello fluid2finance

nicely you told ah this point. so much you told but as per which text you told that PVRao saheb is a wrong? if want means proper we can do this discussion ah. first you tell other than BV Raman saheb books on bhava and graha bala one text we must have to say that PVRao saheb is a wrong means. correct no? which text that is? :?: :!:

in jyotish also bhava chart and this shad bala calculation also only kali yuga astrologers are giving one one interpretation.this alternate shad balacalculation bhava chart bhava bala - all his is contrived by kali yuga astrologer to do confusion and take faida of the peoples. simply reading and apply in anda fashion what and all means this only is going to happen. now what to do? we must get text and read. not read this modern day text and all. correct no? PV saheb only told in open public that he is reading BV Raman saheb book and he is follow his calculation and he is going in wrong way. now he is doing rectification. open he told like this. raman saheb is getting all calculation wrong on shadbala - bhava bala - bhava chart. what to do? correctly KN Rao saheb told - Raman saheb took Jyotish not in the fowards - but to the backwards.

fluid2finance
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by fluid2finance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 am

hello howzat

i have a hard time reading what you have written, sorry about that

I have clearly indicated my methodology which is not mine but standard Parasara text.

Mr Narasimha (author of software) is a friend and he realizes the error. He is looking deeper into it and will fix it hopefully in next version update.

hope this helps

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

hello sir. sorry sir i am not knowing much good english ah. sir correctly you are observing and told that shad bala calculation is not correctly showing in J hora. Also i am not having any doubt on the calculation of yours. correctly you are telling that shad bala is not showing properly. In next version if rectify means i am a happy.