exalted 6th lord

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

exalted 6th lord

Post by jimjones » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,

I'm a Capricorn asc. and I have an exalted mercury in the 9th house in virgo in conjunction with sun + mars (gemini is the lord of 6th house) and I was wondering what effects can I expect (bad/good if any).

Also, I have Venus (Yogakarka Planet 4 Capricorn Asc. rules 5th + 10th House) in the 8th House in conjunction with Jupiter in Leo, I was wondering wht effects I can expect.

Thank u gurus!

sureshk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: exalted 6th lord

Post by sureshk » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:53 pm

did exalted mercury help you in good education?dpl furnish your qualification details.
sureshk

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 am

yes

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 pm

i've done well in school so far, but what results can i expect with such placements?

daeddie23
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by daeddie23 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 am

Aquarius rising. 6th house Cancer exalted in 4th house taurus. anyone know what this might mean?

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 am

wth make ur own topic dude

vineet154

Post by vineet154 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:08 am

Ahh you exalted mercuries make me so jealous :lol:
I've read in this forum that the lords of dusthana houses (6,8,12) are good when debilitated.
Since your 6th lord mercury is exalted in the 9th house, your 3rd lord (house of courage) should be exalted as well since your enemies are now quite strong you don't wanna be a coward with a debilitated 3rd lord :)

Regards,
Vineet

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:04 am

so basically you're telling me an exalted mercury is bad for me since it's giving me powerful enemies

my 3rd lord is jupiter; it's in leo in the 8th house sitting with venus.

what would this mean now?

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:10 am

also, are you being sarcastic about being jealous of my exalted mercury?

finally, since i'm a capricorn asc. mercury is ruling my 6th house (dushthana-gemini) and 9th house (trikona-virgo) where it's exalted, so is mercury's effects completely malefic?

vineet154

Post by vineet154 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't know the answer for that and I hope you find satisfying answers from learned members around here :)

Also I would like to share something about my placement of mercury. :)
I'm a Cancer ascendant with 3rd lord mercury debilitated in 9th house. My 6th lord jupiter is in the enemy sign of virgo in the 3rd house. While I really don't have any sort of enemies, I do have certain problems with co-workers, disagreements with siblings etc. I'm suffering from a chronic disease which has turned my life upside down and I usually get many negative advices regarding this condition from my siblings and friends.
The classic explanation of "6th lord in 3rd" is that [u]one's illnesses is highly visible to the public[/u] and my 3rd lord mercury instills in me an escapist behavior and I avoid going to public or contact with friends and sibilings.

Regards,
Vineet

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 am

i don't know what to do with your answer. it doesn't really answer my questions at all. if any astrologer can answer it'll be much appreciated.

if you have health problems, i'd suggest consult a doctor not your friends/siblings unless they are doctors, but based on your answer it seems they aren't.

Bhimaparakrama
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhimaparakrama » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am

To read any kind of information, the positions of ALL the planets are needed. This includes you lagna lord saturn, on which your horoscope rests, and also very importantly your moon, as well as the others, rahu, ketu etc.
Just as a side note, are you interested in research oriented topics? I mean do you like to do research on things?

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Dear Vineet,

You should note that there is a parivarthana (exchange) between your 3rd lord Mercury and 9th lord Jupiter. Mercury is getting neechabanga because of it.

I don't know if it is your dasa or my dasa, I have been listening to old Atri classes of Pt. Sanjay Rath yesterday and he mentions exactly this sambandha between 3rd and 9th lords. In this case, you have to strengthen your Mercury by doing all Mercury related things. Especially going to Vishnu temple. You have to weaken your Jupiter in the process. He mentions that 3rd lord became provider of bhagya because of exchange between 3rd and 9th lords.

Being Cancer lagna, you can also consider that there is sambandha between 12th and 6th lords by mutual dristi (7th house from each other, looking at each other). In that case, it is also a Vipareeta raja yoga if it happened in a dustana. But Parivarthana is stronger bond than dristi and it is happening between a bad (3rd house) and a very good (9th house). So, strengthen the weak good one.

Hope this helps.

In the same class, Pt. Sanjay Rath mentions that planets in 6th house are our own avagunas. Benefic planets would bring us out of that and malefic planets will take us more into our addictions, even if they are good for material gain.

Also, as a general principle, the hierarchy of houses is that own house, moolatrikona and exaltation. A graha gives its 'work' through moolatrikona. If Mercury is exalted in 9th house, it means it is also in its moolatrikona house and gives the results of 9th house more than 6th house. 6th house will not have a great effect unless there are planets in that house.

This is reverse for Cancer ascendants, Jupiter's moolatrikona is Sagittarius, which is 6th house and Pisces is 9th house. So, Jupiter is likely to give more 6th house results if exalted, but 9th house results if present in Pisces.

I look forward to hear more insights from the learned astrologers in the forum.

Best regards,
Violet

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:20 am

my moon's in taurus exalted in 5th house, saturn's in 1st house in capricorn, my rahu is in 12th house in saggitarius + ketu in 6th house in gemini.

yes, i'm interested in research.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:27 am

I too have exalted 6th and 9th lord Mercury in 9th house. Mars and debilitated YK Venus there sap the energy of 9th house. I have faced enmity in career so much so that I have come to expect it nowadays ..

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 pm

hari766,

if you don't mind me asking wht types of problems did you face in your career? were you able to move on in your career or were you always burdened with stress?

If i'm understanding you correctly, you're a capricorn asc with mercury in 9th house, right?

wht are the placements of your other planets if you don't mind me asking? do you have any other planets with 9th house lord?

i have sun and mars sitting with mercury in 9th house; do you know what affect this would have?

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm

also man, what advice would you give to someone with such a placement having faced so much opposition in your career? much thanks

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi Jones

As I wrote earlier I have Mars and debilitated Venus along with exalted Mercury in the 9th H. In your case Sun as the 8th lord placed there is not so good. But According to Parasara Rsi the “badness“ of 8th lordship does not apply to the luminaries. Also Sun is a karaka of the 9th H and as such should be good eventhough due to its being a natural malefic it again is detrimental to your Bhagya/father/relationship with father. Also Mars as a dire malefic in the 9th H is not at all good for 9th H matters eventhough as the 4th & 11th lord in 9th it is very good for matters of these 2 houses. Exalted mercury there is the saving grace. I am not an astrologer & this is just a little attempt at prediction.

It is also important where your LL Saturn and 10th L Venus are.

In my case I faced lots of backbiting & non cooperation as well as direct opposition. I used to get highly stressed out & even resigned my job on two different occasions. (which I regret now). To complicate matters I had Moon & Saturn in mutual aspect so very little peace of mind. From experience I have found that ignoring the opposition & focusing on the job is the best option while in the workplace. And to forget it all & have a life outside the office. The exalted mercury & reasonably well placed Venus is bound to ensure that the obstacles will be removed in the course of time.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi Jones

As I wrote earlier I have Mars and debilitated Venus along with exalted Mercury in the 9th H. In your case Sun as the 8th lord placed there is not so good. But According to Parasara Rsi the “badness“ of 8th lordship does not apply to the luminaries. Also Sun is a karaka of the 9th H and as such should be good eventhough due to its being a natural malefic it again is detrimental to your Bhagya/father/relationship with father. Also Mars as a dire malefic in the 9th H is not at all good for 9th H matters eventhough as the 4th & 11th lord in 9th it is very good for matters of these 2 houses. Exalted mercury there is the saving grace. I am not an astrologer & this is just a little attempt at prediction.

It is also important where your LL Saturn and 10th L Venus are.

In my case I faced lots of backbiting & non cooperation as well as direct opposition. I used to get highly stressed out & even resigned my job on two different occasions. (which I regret now). To complicate matters I had Moon & Saturn in mutual aspect so very little peace lof mind. From experience I have found that ignoring the opposition & focusing on the job is the best option while in the workplace. And to forget it all & have a life outside the office. The exalted mercury & reasonably well placed Venus is bound to ensure that the obstacles will be removed in the course of time.

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm

dear hari,

thanks for your response; if I'm understanding correctly you're saying my relationship with my father is saved because of my exalted mercury.

my saturn is in the 1st house in capricon; my venus is in 8th house in leo with jupiter. here are the placement of my planets in my Main, D9, D10 chart.

can you tell me what my professional life will be like? full of stress/tensions? will i be able to surmount my challenges in my life? thanks much!

Main Birth Chart
Ascendant-Capricorn with Saturn
2nd House-Aquarius
3rd House-Pisces
4th House-Aries
5th House-Taurus with Moon
6th House-Gemini with Ketu
7th House-Cancer
8th House-Leo with Venus and Jupiter
9th House-Virgo with Sun, Mercury and Mars
10th House-Libra
11th House-Scorpio
12th House-Sagitarius with Rahu

D9 Chart
Ascendant- Gemini with Jupiter
2nd House- Cancer
3rd House- Leo with Mars
4th House- Virgo with Moon Aries
5th House-Libra with Rahu Taurus with Moon
6th House-Scorpio Gemini with Ketu
7th House- Sagittarius
8th House-Capricorn Leo with Venus and Jupiter
9th House- Aquarius with Saturn
10th House- Pisces with Mercury
11th House-Aries with Sun, Venus, Ketu
12th House- with Taurus

D10 Chart
Ascendant- Pisces
2nd House- Aries
3rd House- Taurus
4th House- Gemini
5th House- Cancer with Rahu
6th House-Leo with Mercury and Venus
7th House- Virgo with Sun
8th House-Libra with Moon
9th House- Scorpio with Saturn and Jupiter
10th House- Sagittarius
11th House-Capricorn with Mars and Ketu
12th House- Aquarius

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 pm

also, if you don't mind me asking, wht is your profession? are you based in india/outside india?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi Jones

Your Lagna lord is very strong - being in its own house in both Rasi & Navamsa. But it is aspected by Mars a natural malefic & badhaka for the lagna which is the negative. This LL aspects the tenth House in Rasi which is also his house of exaltation so he will definitely protect you from career issues provided you follow his rules. As is the case with Saturn - the more you age; and the more efforts you put in - the better results he will give you esp after age 36. Exalted unafflicted Moon in a trine well placed from the Sun is another big plus. In fact Saturns placement as the 10th lord from the Moon in the 9th its own house is an excellent placement for career success. you have many planets in trines which is good. From the Moon Venus has dikbala. Ketu in 6th should allay any fear from career politics. Presence of two first rate benefics in 8th H makes it very strong indeed. (Also this combination is said to make the conditions of death very peaceful.) Furthermore the 8th L Sun is exalted in the Navamsa. So I would say you can Shine well in any research oriented career; or in any job provided you make good use of your ample research skills. The nakshatra placement is also important. Your mercury is afflicted by malefics without any beneficial aspect (hence turns malefic) in the Rasi & is also debilitated in Navamsa. I think remedies to Mercury will do you a lot of good. Again - this is a very amateur attempt so as you know if you want a detailed reading better contact a qualified astrologer.

As for me I am in India and I work in IT profession.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

There are some yogas like GKY (Cancelling Kemadruma) & VRY. I cant comment much on them as you know best whether/how they are functional.

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm

thnx for your help hari766

jimjones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jimjones » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 pm

hey hari766,

i was just wondering wht career(s) do you think i would be good at/have potential in? I know you mentioned research but it's really broad skillset; is there anything specific (e.g doctor/lawyer/etc...) that you think i'd be good at?

thanks man