Astrocartography

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Astrocartography

Post by intstud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 am

Could someone shed more light on this topic?
Is there a free software we could use to generate a map?

Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Astrocartography

Post by Aaron » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 pm

I think this is a Western Astrology concept. It is also called Locational/Relocational Astrology.

I have not found a complete Vedic equivalent yet. Jyotish does tell us the direction that would suit each one of us, but I don't know if it is as comprehensive as ACG.

Some swear by ACG, and some are not so sure. So, you will have to check the hit ratio for this.

http://www.chaosastrology.net/freeastrologycharts.cfm
http://www.astrocartographyinfo.com/Ast ... Chart.html

The other option is astro.com. They also have many free charts.

In my case, according to ACG, a good place to live in is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean :mrgreen:.

I had tried my hand at this many years ago, so I don't recall everything about the topic. But from what I remember, your Pluto and Saturn lines might get you into power, or misery/hard work issues. Uranus lines lead you to exciting but dangerous places. Neptune may be for delusion or loss of money. It may also lead you to deep spirituality... and so on.

Only a practised astrocartographer can answer these queries.

Best,
Aaron

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Its basically to determine where your ascendant falls at different locations around the world at the time of your birth. For ex if 9th house and 9th lord is strong then you want to consider those locations where 9th house becomes your ascendant. But if your chart is indeed correct you might want to pass on that one, there is not much fortune to be made in Greenland (except selling fur coats may be).

http://i.imgur.com/iameBal.jpg
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

You know my chart ? *freaks out*
Lol..this thing's cool.
So, the strongest house as my Lag would be good?
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 am

Checked all the links...sorry it took me some time..was too hungry and had delicious food in front of me..lol.
Aaron, I couldn't generate a chart using the 1st link...and the 2nd one's confusing.

Ellipsis, yup my 9th does fall in the Leo area. Would these areas activate my 9th...and, similarly, would Vir areas activate my 10th?
Last edited by intstud on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 am

A note for others using the map/link.
The longitudinal area of your birth place (30 deg) should be your actual rising sign. And the other signs are calculated accordingly.
Say, you're born in Melbourne, Aus..and have Can Lag...the Mel area on the map (which is Aqu. for the map ellipsis generated) would be Can for you.

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:35 am

intstud wrote: Aaron, I couldn't generate a chart using the 1st link...and the 2nd one's confusing.
Oh, that is surprising! Because it opens in a new, tinier window here for me. It shows the world map against a black background and with planetary lines crossing the map.

The second one can look confusing, I agree.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 am

Wait, lemme check my "pop up" options and try again. I don't understand all these teach issues..lol..I'm mentally living in the Stone Age.

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Elipsis,

What software are you using? The map looks quite good.

I also see that there are 9 divisions between every two red lines. I take it to mean that the red lines are being used to demarcate the houses and the 8 black lines are a reference to the navamsa??

Can you customize the software to produce information like this?

The only thing I am unable to locate here are the planetary lines that in other ACG maps used to let me know which planetary lines fall where. At least, that is how I am used to understanding ACG.

Best,
Aaron

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:42 am

Oh, that is OK. Even I am a tech dinosaur.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 am

Aaron, I use parashara's light, unfortunately its a very expensive astro software.

Edit: The small letters underneath the "Sign name" tells you where the ascendant begins and ends.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:52 am

intstud wrote:Checked all the links...sorry it took me some time..was too hungry and had delicious food in front of me..lol.
Aaron, I couldn't generate a chart using the 1st link...and the 2nd one's confusing.

Ellipsis, yup my 9th does fall in the Leo area. Would these areas activate my 9th...and, similarly, would Vir areas activate my 10th?
Yes Virgo would be a good place,but 11th lord from virgo is weak so I would suggest you stick to hometown for now.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 am

I live with hilarious cats...that's why the delay in reply..lol.

Still not happening...could you use my details and try and generate a chart, Aaron?

Elipsis, I used to live in the "Cancer" area...but came back to Sag for reasons.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 am

PMed you, Ellipsis.
I like my chart fro, Sag, Scor and Leo.

Aaroooooon...lol...*roars*