What are Gana's

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What are Gana's

Post by MyHead » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,

I was wondering what significance a "gana" (Manushya, deva, asura) has got. Is it just for match making? I read manushya guna people are generally good and asura guna people are less good though I do not see it in real life. Most of my asura guna people I have met have been really good, some awesome.

Is it also true that ghosts or paranormal activities is more prominent among asura guna people and deva guna people cannot feel it at all?

Myhead

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What are Gana's

Post by rathodp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:33 am

I had this saved in my email draft,dont remember the source

1) DEV GAN :

Person who are born in Ashwini, Mrigshira, Punarvasu, Pushya ,Hasta ,Swati , Anuradha, Sravan Revathi Nakshtra are termed as Dev Gana .

Vedic astrology says that people who are born in this Gana value self-esteem. Natives of this Gana are usually blessed with wealth and they lead an affluent life. People of this Gana have a good physique, tall body structure and big eyes.

A person born in the Deva gana may be charitable, intelligent, simple hearted, a frugal eater and best among scholars.

2) MANUSHYA GAN :

Person who are born in Bharni, Rohini, Ardhra, Poorvaphalguni, Utraphalguni, Purvashada, Uttraashada, Poorvbhadrapada,Uttrabhadrapada are said to be Manushya Gana .

A person born in the Manushya gana may be egoistic, wealthy, with large eyes, a good archer, fair complexioned and keeping the people under his domination.

3) RAKSHAS GANA :

Person who are born in Krithika, Ashlesha, Magha, Chitra ,Vishakha ,Jyeshta ,Mool ,Dhanishta,Satabisha are said to be of Rarkshas Gana .

A person born in the Rakshasa gana is fun loving, has a tremendous and fearful appearance, is quarrelsome, lacks affection and speaks harsh words.

People who have rakshas Gana as their birth Gana may have a stubborn and rigid character. They act according to their will which sometimes may not be a good decision. They have a hefty body and may be quite aggressive.
They may have a tendency to fight over small issues. These may also sound harsh and may not be able to realize the impact that their words and actions have on the others.

*Devas/manushya are not necessarily good and rakshas are not necessarily bad. It represents the temperament of the person.

akshat005

Post by akshat005 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 am

Yes, you have defined Gana's in astrology properly. There are three types of Gana's in astrology. With this, people's nature and karma are effected sometimes. Dev gana and Manushya gana people are good in nature. Human gana effects their life and influence their nature and work according to astrology. In vedic astrology, people who are born within the Dev Gana, would have a normal body physique and soft nature. People who are born within Manusha Gana would have medium body physique and normal mannered nature. People who are born within Rakshasa Gana would have a heavy body physique and tough mannered. Sometimes gana's compatibility is also checked in astrology before marriage.
http://www.myastrologyhoroscope.com/astrology

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks Rathodp and Akshat..

I was able to find these info online. Do you guys know if this has got more significance. Like Deva guna people are less prone to paranormal influences. They cannot be possessed or scared by ghosts (If they exist).

Myhead