Moon in Arudha Lagna

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
jay1123
Contributor
Contributor

Moon in Arudha Lagna

Post by jay1123 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Does Saturn's transit over natal moon in Arudha lagna necessarily cause depression ? And is it only during the sade - saati ?

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Moon in Arudha Lagna

Post by VioletTwilight » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Dear jay1123,

What is sade-saati? It is the transit of Saturn over 12, 1, 2 houses of natal Moon.
So, sade-saati also includes transit of Saturn over natal Moon.

Next question is, does Saturn's transit over natal Moon always cause depression? Not necessarily. It depends on the strength of the Moon and relationship of Saturn-Moon in the natal chart.

The final point is, what is different between Saturn transit over natal Moon anywhere in chart vs. natal Moon in Arudha Lagna (AL)? AL is a mirror to material world. AFAIK, the only difference due to AL is whatever the native goes through will be public instead of being private due to the nature of AL.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Violet

jay1123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jay1123 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks for response.

Can you please suggest on how do you measure Saturn / Moon relationship in natal chart ? Say Saturn Retro in Anuradha nakshatra in 1st house and Moon in 3rd house Sravana. Also, Saturn retrogate in Tula in Navmansh and Moon in Gemini.

Also, Can you elaborate with some example on "the only difference due to AL is whatever the native goes through will be public instead of being private due to the nature of AL. "

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 pm

I found Barbara Pijan Lama's method of measuring the house distance between Saturn-Moon to be working. Please refer to her webpages on Saturn.
http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Graha/S ... handra.htm

Generally, Saturn being in dustanas from Moon makes a difficult relationship.

Arudha Lagna makes the internal working of native's life public. For example,if Moon is in AL, the native will appear emotionally connected with large number of people. If Sun is in AL, people consider that person as an authority figure. When a transit, or dasa happens related to that graha, others (like neighbours, colleagues, etc) will notice that.

That is not the case with grahas not related to AL. For example, Moon in 8th house from AL can make someone depressed during Saturn's transit but no one may notice that if AL has a strong graha. The person appears fine to others. OTOH, Moon in AL under difficult transits makes it known to others that the native's emotional balance is disturbed.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 am

Hi Violet, I found the link interesting. I have a question about AL/UL. What's the difference between the planet in 7th from AL and the planet in UL?
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:52 pm

intstud wrote:Hi Violet, I found the link interesting. I have a question about AL/UL. What's the difference between the planet in 7th from AL and the planet in UL?
Dear intstud,

I am not an expect on AL/UL. So, take it with a disclaimer about my limitations on my knowledge.

7th from AL is said to be the 'door' for AL. Grahas in 7th from AL has a strong influence on native public relations, for better or worse. UL is something else. UL is were the native would "spend" (seeing that UL coming from 12th house reference) their material energies.

In simple terms, UL is what native is interested in, or forced to spend their effort. 7th from AL is who would influence the native's public appearance/fame/reputation etc.

Best regards,
Violet

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Does a malefic in 7th from AL necessarily mean bad reputation?
"7th from AL is who would influence the native's public appearance/fame/reputation etc. "
"Who" as in, a person? Could you give us an example?
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 pm

@violet twilight;Taking Arudha lagna AL&studying the chart is confined to prashna(horary) astrology.
Prasna marga is very clear on this.varahamihira,Brihat Jataka, also 'ven't used anywhere in all his 28 chapters
except in chapter IV/V/XXV for births/deaths. use only natal lagna &nadi amsa.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm

intstud wrote:Does a malefic in 7th from AL necessarily mean bad reputation?
"7th from AL is who would influence the native's public appearance/fame/reputation etc. "
"Who" as in, a person? Could you give us an example?
Dear intstud,

Malefic in AL could make the weakness of the person public knowledge. That doesn't mean only that person has weaknesses or would always have bad reputation (it also depends on strength of Lagna and LL).

Graha in 7th from AL is somebody who tries to influence AL. For example, Moon in 7th from AL, your mother could be helping to have good image. (same concept of "kendras" supporting each other - it doesn't mean they are "good" or "loving", but they support whatever the native wants to represent). Malefics would try to tear down the image but it could be balanced out by something else. After all, some people can come across really weird on the first meeting. That doesn't mean they don't make good life for themselves.

Best regards,
Violet

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:57 pm

srcs wrote:@violet twilight;Taking Arudha lagna AL&studying the chart is confined to prashna(horary) astrology.
Prasna marga is very clear on this.varahamihira,Brihat Jataka, also 'ven't used anywhere in all his 28 chapters
except in chapter IV/V/XXV for births/deaths. use only natal lagna &nadi amsa.
Dear srcs,

Thanks for the note. As I said before, I am not an expert on Arudha Lagna. It is something I heard in Pt. Sanjay Rath's classes and seems to work on the charts I tried. May be it shouldn't work and I am just encountering no better results than a coin toss. That's why I put up the disclaimer that I know only limited amount.

We can only use what we are familiar with and what works for us. My knowledge of nadiamsa is even more limited and hopefully I will learn more from experts on this forum.

Best regards,
Violet

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 am

@violettwilight: The very word 'Arudha " literally means a guess is one of its meanings.Supposing a sudden problem
crops up & no expert astrologer/no time to study the natal charts/dasa periods etc then immediately referred to
'Arudha chakra ' which will 've numbers in it.Making use of those numbers one would predict at the time of Prashna
(problems)which turned into prasna(Horary).

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:43 pm

what does exalted planet in arudha mean.I have read somewhere that when there is a yoga like ruchaka yoga being formed in arudha lagna then the person is mission oriented. he behaves and lives very much by his own values. Such persons are very serious by nature .
Regards

Anandham
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anandham » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I have a query similar to the one above- except Ruchaka yoga is forming in 7th from AL with lord of 7th in AL itself. Lord of AL is in rasi sandhi and coming into the AL per bhava chalit chart.