Signs of laziness in natal chart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Signs of laziness in natal chart

Post by Aravind » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Is there any planetary alignment which indicates a person is either lazy or not focused to do a job ?

Thanks
Aravind

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Signs of laziness in natal chart

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 pm

A weakly placed Saturn by sign in a kendra is a sure sign of laziness. On the other hand Saturn well placed by sign in a kendra can practically withstand all unfriendly planets which may be conjuncting it. The person just keeps focusing on getting the job done. Kendras are where Saturn performs best or worst in terms of effort put in (Saturn in 6th thr person is always hardworking regardless of signs).

Earth houses if empty there is a less willingness to exert effort in achieving one's onjectives although if there are certain passions which ignites a person like doing business or a person likes to show off as in a stage performer, planets in air houses would do as well.

Moon and Venus are the planets least hardworking.

Rahu works bettet when there is a vision UNLESS Rahu conjucts Saturn then the person is a slogger but then prospects are poor.

Mars in 6th and 10th the person is hardworking.

Mercury in 8th or Mars in 6th makes the person precise and that requires the person to be hsrdworking.

3rd denotes a moderate worker but one who works smart.

7th is quite a bhanga for being hardworking since Sun is at its fall here and vital inner energy is its lowest (Saturn in its own sign here is an exception. Saturn is not beholden to the Sun but must be well placed by sign as explained in the 1st paragraph).

Saturn+Ketu the person tends to give up but again Saturn well placed by sign would overcome this attribute.

Mars+ketu likes to exit with aplomb. If Mars is in its own sign the tendency is even greater.

fluid2finance
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by fluid2finance » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:24 pm

3rd house is house of courage and action. Benefics here make one lazy, especially venus and to some extent Jupiter
if 3rd house is ruled by venus or Jupiter and one of the natural benefics sits here with no malefic influence, the person will be easy going

generic karaka of hard work is Saturn. an ill placed Saturn in a chart, especially 8th and 12th house predisposes a person to ill direct their energies into negative or shady things and even get addictions

6th house is house of day to day toil and work. Too much benefic influence here will make a person easy going and will easy jobs as well

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Having said the above, it is imperative to see the different work cultures of different races :

Indians - Work is worshipped - Saturn

Caucasians - Work as a sign of prestige and comfortable living - Jupiter

Chinese - Work as a means of earning wealth - Venus

Pacific Islanders - Work as a means to raise and maintain a family, so for them earning just enough is OK. - Moon

Scandinavians - Work is very smoothly integrated into one's life. It need not be paid work or a profession - Mars

Filipinos who are tied to their origins, aboriginals eg. in Australia and USA - Work is part and parcel of their identity - Mercury

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:39 pm

The chart to look at for general temperaments which includes attitude towards work would be D1 and D27.

Let's see my D27.

Saturn in the 7th in Libra
Mars in Capricorn in the 10th
Sun in Aires in the 1st
Jupiter in Pisces in the 12th
Mercury ruling 6th is in the 8th in Scorpio
I will get back to you where my Moon and Venus are placed ......
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Venus in Sagittarius in the 9th

Moon in Leo in the 5th

The "lazy" planets are in dharmic houses so when I have the free time, I engage in dharmic activities like contemplating about God.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Any planets in the Lagna of D27 would mean those planets would be our main temperament. It also means that the temperaments of the people signify by that planet would take over ie. our true temperaments cannot shine in the presence of those people.

For me I have Sun in the Lagna of D27. I exhibit the temperament of the Sun strongly. My father who is a workaholic wants to do all the housework himself.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Greeks - Work must be something we enjoy doing - Sun

Mexicans - Work is something we enjoy doing AND it must touch our hearts, minds and souls - Sun+Ketu

All of us have some degree of Rahu since we are borned on this Earth - we all see work as something that can better our stations in life whether materially, spiritually or just for inner fulfillment

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:09 pm

For understanding the strength of Saturn in this case do we see the nakshatras and the retrograde status also ? Like for the below 3 examples how do we rate the strength of Saturn in the birth chart ? Saturn is in the Kendra for all 3

How about Saturn in Cancer ( Ashlesha Nakshatra ) in the Lagna getting an aspect of 5th house Jupiter in Retrograde in Scorpio ( Jyestha Nakshatra )

How about a Saturn in Retrograde in Gemini ( Punarvasu Nakshatra) in the lagna getting an aspect from the 9th house Jupiter in Aquarius ( Shathabisha Nakshatra ) ?

A Saturn in the sign of Leo ( Magha Nakshatra ) in the 4th house from Lagna getting an aspect from the
10th house Moon ( Dhanishta Nakshatra )

Thanks for the inputs

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:48 am

Note that D2 shows our attitude and behaviour towards certain actions - something like our opinion of others eg. is begging demeaning, our attitude towards women who are prostitutes who need to make a living, a fast talking salesman that drive a hard bargain.....but it is the D27 (3 x 3 x 3) that shows our general temperaments.

Moon and Jupiter are the karakas of the 2nd urging us to take a softer light of others whereas the karaka of the 3rd is Mars, the governor of temperament which contros our actions. An auspicious and strong Mars is just like Hanuman who is able to protect us from wrong actions.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

You may then ask : Doesn't attitude and beaviour lead to action sometimes?

Yes, it does but it is still gleaned from the 3rd house because 3rd is the 2nd of the 2nd. So it is still not gleaned from the 2nd.

According to Parasara 2nd is a neutral house (whether you are for or against a certain behaviour you do not take further action) which is not the case for the 3rd house which is a mild dusthana.

But 2nd house is a markara. If you have a lousy behaviour and attitude, then no one wants to associate with you.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 pm

There are three exceptions to the above rule ie. when you can read a person's action and behaviour from the 2nd bhava :

(1) The person acquires the habit very early in life. 2nd Bhava governs our habits. Notice the karakas here are Moon and Jupiter governing childhood and habits respectively (Jupiter governs the behaviour which we are comfortable with). In the D-2 chart, Moon, Jupiter and the lord of the 2nd bhava or the lord of the 2nd bhava of the Rasi Chart, must be involved in the bad configuration of the bad behaviour or action that is being studied or delineated.

(2) The person gets influenced through bad environmental influences. And the habit gets stucked. It can be through friends, experimentation, desires etc. The same karakas, lords etc. are to be seen as in (1). The additional planet that adds its influence can be gleaned to see the source of the bad environmental influence (besides the planet that tells of the bad behaviour or action).

(3) The person has it as his job which he works until he retires. Here the lord of the 2nd bhava whether in D-2 or D-1 and both of their placements must be studied in D-2 is important ie. its link with the bad configuration. If 10th or 6th lord of D-2 is involve also, one can be sure the person's job is strongly related to the bad behaviour or action in question.

So it is a different concept altogether from the 3rd Bhava or D-27.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:50 pm

By the way, 1st bhava and 10th bhava rules birth (10th shows our destiny on earth when we are born). 1st bhava and 4th bhava rules conditions when we are young.

So 1st shows birth and conditions when we are young. 2nd bhava being supportive of the 1st, would show conditions when we are young strongly ie. the details involved.

uspa
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by uspa » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:26 am

fluid2finance wrote:3rd house is house of courage and action. Benefics here make one lazy, especially venus and to some extent Jupiter
if 3rd house is ruled by venus or Jupiter and one of the natural benefics sits here with no malefic influence, the person will be easy going

generic karaka of hard work is Saturn. an ill placed Saturn in a chart, especially 8th and 12th house predisposes a person to ill direct their energies into negative or shady things and even get addictions

6th house is house of day to day toil and work. Too much benefic influence here will make a person easy going and will easy jobs as well

This is very true. I know 2 people who have Venus, Jupiter and Moon in 3rd house and they are extremely lazy.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 am

To analyze further:

3rd house is the 10th to the 6th of work. It can override the inclination to work if natural benefics are here regardless of what 6th house shows otherwise, besides the reason of being a house of action and courage which natural benefics do not support and hece also makes the person lazy.

3rd is the 8th of the 8th and can override the 8th house of grit and dtermination if natural benefics are placed in the 3rd.

3rd is the 2nd of the 2nd showing that if natural benefics are in the 3rd, it would smother the person because of too strong a kinship ties to the point where the person cannot proceed further because of many considerations towards his family members. Mars being the karaka and backup karaka of the 3rd and Mars stands for strong family ties (2nd to Mars show that as opposed to 3rd to Mars show action but 3rd is the 2nd to the 2nd so there should be no excessive natural benefics in the 3rd for action and courage to take place (too many consideration towards family members defeats courage)).

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 am

Hi

If a person has Venus in Gemini in 3rd (Aries ascendant) Venus ruling 7th would this mean that this person expects the partner to do the work or that he has a lazy partner?
Regards
Ann

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 am

10th is the pinnacle of achievement. 3rd being the 6th (expansion) of the 10th shows that the person is unwilling to take further steps which may jeopardise what he has already achieved if 3rd is loaded with too many natural benefics.

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Khoo

So not a risk taker then - but does it make him lazy - I was once told that he likes to ride on top of the camel and other people fawn on him - is that how you see it. How does this placement effect the partner in terms of laziness?

Regards
Ann

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:09 am

Hi Ann

Yes and no for the expectation part and also yes and no for the partner being lazy.

Although you may expect your partner to do the work for you because 7th is the house of expectations, the 7th house or its ruler is such that it is very difficult to actually direct how things would turn out no matter how much you expect, and gradually the expectation would wane (7th is the 12th of the 8th of unexpected occurrences, so 7th redefines this unexpectedness as meaning people are generally unreliable in fulfilling their promises unless you ground them with a contract which is the 2nd). Further analysis is required to see the ties of the 7th with the 2nd to see whether the expectation occurs in the chart.

Also this does not define the laziness of your partner completely because although Venus is the karaka for partner, Venus also signifies your expectation of your partner in the Rasi chart. And also Venus is in Aires after all showing your partner (or your expectation of him) can be hardworking (the factor of looking at the planet's dispositor as well).

To further analyze the true attributes of your partner take the 7th house as the Ascendant. When such an analysis is done, it shows that your partner is someone who is very high minded (ascendant lord going to the 9th). We then have to analyze his 3rd bhava to see his hardworkingness and see how it ties with the 7th lord Venus in your chart going to the 3rd.

So a lot of detailed analysis is involved and not just a simple yes or no.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:17 am

In all questions related to people close to you, you have to analyze two charts - one involving that person taking the bhava signifying that person as the Ascendant and your chart, noting the karaka and functional ruler involved which can be the same.

So far before my last post, what I was talking about was with reference to the main person's chart only which may not show the whole picture......unless you are talking about the expectation part of your question......then everything can be gleaned from your chart.

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Hi Khoo
Yes I have always thought of him as hardworking he does and has done more than any other man I know - but I think this has to do with Rahu in the 1st along with Mercury/Sun - heightened drive - which is why I am questioning the Venus in 3rd item. I confess I am lazier than him - he wears me out - wore out his workmates too - he used to be like one of those batteries that go on and on! As Aries is on his 1st then Taurus is on his 2nd (empty house) would this tie to Venus as you suggest. My Venus rules Asc and 6th and is in Aries in 12th along with Mercury - how does this tie in with him?

Regards
Ann

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:42 am

Sorry I misread your Venus position part. Your Venus is in Gemini in the 3rd. Signs of Mercury can be considered hardworking as it affords all the playing fields for the planet Mercury to investigate.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 am

And therefore your opinion of your husband is that he is hardworking.

almightyy

Post by almightyy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:01 pm

----
Last edited by almightyy on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:31 am

Hi Khoo

We are getting cross wires here I fear. He has his Venus in GEMINI in his 3rd house - I have my Venus in my 12th house in ARIES,
He has an ARIES ascendant and I have a TAURUS ascendant.

Hope this helps.

Ann