Four or more planets in one house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
mithunwanderer

Four or more planets in one house

Post by mithunwanderer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:13 pm

I believe many of us have this combination in the natal chart
I have combination of Jupiter+Venus+Sun+Mercury in the fourth house of Capricorn.

Does having 4 or more planets attribute to confusion in human life? (lack of mind stability or other concerns)

Please share your expert opinions on the same.

olivetree
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Four or more planets in one house

Post by olivetree » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 pm

I have this combination in Cancer, in the 11th house.

I think that it causes confusion mostly when it comes to reading the chart. Not necessarily in life when it comes to life. All those influences in one house can make it difficult to make accurate predictions.

In my case it's a little easier. The 11th house is hemmed between malefics (Saturn+Rahu in the 12th and Mars in the 10th), Sun is the ruler of the 12th so any house he's in will cause a certain amount of loss in relation to that house. Lagna lord is in the 11th, but it is also combust and venus- also in enemy graha is also combust. And as if this wasn't all bad enough The dispositer of the 11th is Neecha. :) The only saving grace is the exaltation of Jupiter and it's trinal relationship to moon, but Jupiter himself is combust and of course suffering under the poor soul of his neech dispositor. Needless to say, the promises of the 11th house and all my hopes for spouse, friendships, parents, siblings, gains, children, education, financial gains and travel have not come to pass for me in life, and likely never will, but I have made peace with this.

Barring a straight forward example such as this, I do think it creates confusion more in terms of chart analysis. I suspect that the dispositor is the main determinant.

mithunwanderer

Post by mithunwanderer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks olive for sharing your experiences.

Mine is also hemmed between malefics :Saturn + Mars in 2 house and Rahu in seventh Aries .
My lagna lord is in 4th house again :) (Venus with all other planets)
I was under the impression that four or more planets in certain house creates some sort of confusion in matters related to that house.

olivetree
Contributor
Contributor

Post by olivetree » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Supposedly the Buddha had 5 planets in one house, but I don't know the accuracy of his birth data. There is something called Sanyasa Yoga which involves 4 or more planets being in one house, but it is said to be an auspicious yoga. I do not know much about it.

"...Sanyasa yoga arises when four or more strong planets combine in one house or sign, the nature or kind of Sanyasa adopted depends upon the strongest planet in that particular group of planets. If the Sun be the strongest planet the person of high morals and intallectual prowess will choose severe and difficult practices in remote places; if it be the Moon, then in seclusion more in the study of scriptures; if it be Mercury, one who is easily influenced by philosophy of others; if it be Mars, one who chooses to wear red-coloured clothes and who struggles to control his temper; if it be Jupiter, one who has complete control over his senses and sense - organs; if it be Venus, a wandering mendicant, and if the strongest planet be Saturn it makes one adopt exceedingly severe practices. The involvement of the lord of the 10th house in this conjunction of four or more planets is the stronger indicator of Sanyasa. If those four or more planets happen to conjoin in a kendra or in a trikona, then the person attains Moksha but if they conjoin in the 8th house there will be Yogabhrashta i.e. there will be break in yoga-operation, and fall from the final state of emancipation. If strongest of the conjoining planets is combust then there will be no sanyasa and if it is defeated in planetary warfare one returns to worldly life after taking sanyasa...."

mithunwanderer

Post by mithunwanderer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 pm

I have following conjunction details for my planets in the fourth house :
(Jupiter being debilitated in Capricorn, Mercury combustible)
Sun D Capricorn 09-49-18 Uttarashadha -4 pada
Merc D Capricorn 04-18-26 Uttarashadha -3 pada
Jupt D Capricorn 29-44-06 Dhanishta-2 pada
Venu D Capricorn 10-48-37 Sravana -1 pada

I feel my Venus is stronger as i have strong wandering mendicancy as mentioned in the above post having Sansyasa yoga details.

mithunwanderer

Post by mithunwanderer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 am

Experts can you analyze and provide your thoughts on the same?

Helios
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Helios » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Excellent discussion. :)
Last edited by Helios on Fri May 15, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -- Thomas Jefferson

mithunwanderer

Post by mithunwanderer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:02 pm

The Stellium is a not-uncommon formation in astrology. Many young students of astrology are being misinformed by lax teachers as to just what constitutes a stellium. These teachers go so far as to say that "three or more planets in a single sign or house constitute a stellium." This is far from the definition of a stellium as handed down to us by the ancient astrologers.

The correct definition of a stellium is this: Four or more planets, at least two of which are not Sun, Mercury or Venus, in one sign or house." This means that if you have Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn all in Libra, it is not a stellium. However, Sun, Venus, Mars and Jupiter all in Libra is a stellium; 2 planets are not among the three listed. The Nodes of the Moon are not to be considered as constituting a stellium, nor is the silly rock called Chiron or the other asteroids.

The reason for the restriction on Sun, Mercury and Venus is because Mercury and Venus are the constant companions of the Sun and are very often in the same sign. Mercury is never more than 28 degrees distant from Sun, Venus never more than 48.

djoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by djoe » Thu May 14, 2015 7:22 am

[quote="olivetree"]"........ but if they conjoin in the 8th house there will be Yogabhrashta i.e. there will be break in yoga-operation, and fall from the final state of emancipation. If strongest of the conjoining planets is combust then there will be no sanyasa and if it is defeated in planetary warfare one returns to worldly life after taking sanyasa...."[/quote]

I have Rahu, Venus, Mercury and Surya in Pisces in 8th.... Venus and Mercury are combust, Sun and Mercury are Vargottama,..No sanyas or any such wish

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Thu May 14, 2015 9:28 pm

I have 7 planets in one house and there are many such cases, who have 7 or even 8, either they themselves or someone else has asked with their details.
Definitely it is hard to predict as compared to the horoscopes where planets are scattered all over in the 12 houses.
May be I dont know, it is better than having two enemies together in a house, since each planet would have some friend for support.
About sanyasa yoga, I would say not exactly. But since so many planets are together, there could be compatibility problems and horoscope matching problems, eventually marriage may not occur and they may eventually turn into half or partial sanyasi if not full.

Dev

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:49 am

My son has 4 planets plus Rahu in the 4th bhava of Capricorn. He is very intuitive and asks too many questions which are very logical for a 6 yr old. I believe because of his exalted lagna lord and a powerful Yogakaraka Saturn ( in Maha Parivartan with Sun ) aspecting the lagna is making him determined and loving. He also seems to have multiple Raja Yogas in the chart. Any expert opinion is appreciated.

DOB - Feb/21/2009
TOB - 23:50
Loc - Hackensack, NJ , USA

Thanks
Aravind

tanmish

Post by tanmish » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:34 am

Aravind -

You're asking for horoscope readings of your 6-year old son. Any reason for the curiosity?

Normally one doesn't check horoscopes of children unless there is suspicion of "bala arishta" or some serious doshas but you persist. Hopefully someone will respond.

TM

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Tanmish,

I understand he is too young for a reading but when I glanced at his horoscope the first time out of curiosity I felt he has amazing Yogas in his chart . I believe it is human nature to get a confirmation from others who are in this profession especially when you feel that the horoscope seems to be extra ordinary.

Thanks
Aravind

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:18 am

It does not appear to be extraordinary. In what way you feel so.

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:33 am

[quote="Dev"]It does not appear to be extraordinary. In what way you feel so.[/quote]

He is Tula Lagna with Moon, Rahu, Mercury , Jupiter and Mars in Capricorn in 4th house. Sun in 5th house in Aquarius , Venus in 6th house in Pisces, Ketu in 10th house in Cancer and Saturn in 11th house in Leo.

He was born in Sun dasha, Sun is in a Maha Parivartan Yoga with Yogakaraka Saturn . He is in Moon Dasha now which is involved in a Raja Yoga with Mercury in a Kendra ( 9 L & 10 L, also 9L & 7L) , Mars Dasha , Mars is in a Ruchika Maha Purusha Yoga with a close conjunction of Jupiter, Rahu dasha with a powerful Rahu involved in a Raja Yoga ( Rahu when joined by a trine and kendra lord in a trine or kendra gives a powerful Raja Yoga ) , Jupiter Dasha with Jupiter being involved in a strong Neech Bang Raja Yoga, Saturn Dasha with Saturn being the Yogakaraka involved in a Maha Parivartan Yoga with Sun, Mercury Dasha involved with a powerful Raja Yoga with Moon in Kendra . His lagna lord Venus is unafflicted and exalted , the only planet aspecting the lagna is the Yogakaraka Saturn which is in a Mahaparivartan Yoga.

His Navamsa and Dasamsa charts re-inforce support to the birth chart.

Thanks
Aravind

anuradha
Donor
Donor

Post by anuradha » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Kindly avoid analyzing the chart of immediate family member as an astrologer. In doing so we usually lose objectivity and become subjective .
हर मित्रता के पीछे कोई ना कोई स्वार्थ होता है.ऐसी कोई मित्रता नहीं जिसमे स्वार्थ ना हो. यह कड़वा सच है.

How can he practice true compassion
who eats the flesh of an animal to fatten his own flesh?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 pm

There are good yogas but there are also other points to be noted.
Lagna lord is exalted in 6th house which is also Marana karaka sthana.
saturn aspects 5th house from lagna as well as 5th house from rasi.
sat and sun aspect each other.
Moon the manokaraka is afflicted, is with 4 other planets.
Jupiter is debilitated and has low shadbala strength and has high kasta phala.
Mars is aspecting saturn.
Rahu loses to mercury in graha yuddha.
7th lord is with 3rd, 6th, 12th lords and rahu.
Lagna, 5th house and 9th house do not have any benefic aspect.
Sun in rahu's star and rahu in moon's star.
So it is a mixture.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:11 am

No need to worry about 4 planets in a house. You only need to look at which 4 and whether they can work together to create success.

Most recent eg, is the newly announced CEO of an IT giant. He has 4 planets Mars, Ketu, Moon and Mercury in Cancer. Mars in debilitation here and Moon in own house. There are other positives like venus and Jupiter in own houses and Sun doing extremely well in Gemini...

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:58 am

[quote="Dev"]There are good yogas but there are also other points to be noted.
Lagna lord is exalted in 6th house which is also Marana karaka sthana.
saturn aspects 5th house from lagna as well as 5th house from rasi.
sat and sun aspect each other.
Moon the manokaraka is afflicted, is with 4 other planets.
Jupiter is debilitated and has low shadbala strength and has high kasta phala.
Mars is aspecting saturn.
Rahu loses to mercury in graha yuddha.
7th lord is with 3rd, 6th, 12th lords and rahu.
Lagna, 5th house and 9th house do not have any benefic aspect.
Sun in rahu's star and rahu in moon's star.
So it is a mixture.[/quote]

With the limited knowledge I have,
I believe that an exalted lagna lord overrides the marana karaka sthana rule.
Saturn and Sun aspect especially when they are exchanging non dusthana houses makes both the planets behave like exalted planets.
Not sure if an exalted mars and a Rajayoga causing Rahu will have a negative effect on moon. Yes the closest planet Mercury might make the mind more inquisitive or it might lead the individual to have a self talk or think loud.
Not sure if an exalted Mars aspecting a Yogakaraka Saturn which is in a Maha Parivartan has any major negative materialistic effects
An exalted 7th lord along with Raja Yoga causing planets nutralises the negativity

I believe every horoscope is mostly a mixture of good and bad things, even the best known horoscope of Lord Ram gave mixed results. In this kaliyug most of the people are concerned only about Money, Honey , Fame , Health and Peace of mind.

Thanks
Aravind

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Yes, definitely exalted lagna lord is good, without seeing other things, one gets first class marks for that. Then we need to see the position of other planets. What you say I agree to some extent, but aspect of sun saturn is not fully positive even though they are nondusthana lords and also parivardhana is there. As you said no horoscope is perfect.
I dont deny that the horoscope has good yogas and is good but there is a difference between good and extraordinary like say a normal scientist and a Nobel laurate.
DV

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 pm

check bhav chalit chart in this case and you will get the micro picture about the exact placements of planets

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:45 am

It seems u have six planets in one house, it is possible that bhava chart also has 6 planets, so checking the strengths of each planet and seeing navamsa position would be better.