Should Virgo Lagna born wear Yellow Sapphire?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Should Virgo Lagna born wear Yellow Sapphire?

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 am

Dear respected members,

I've a query wrt wearing yellow sapphire for Virgo lagna born.

First, please find the details:

DOB: 30.09.1981
TOB: 05:29 AM
POB: New Delhi, India

I've Virgo ascendant with Jupiter in lagna. As I learn about astrology more in depth, I understand Jupiter is a functional malefic planet for Virgo ascendant (as it is in enemy sign and also it owns 2 Kendra houses- kendraadhipati dosha)

I was suggested by an astrologer to wear yellow sapphire (to improve Jupiters directional strength) and I have been wearing it since 2003 . However I've faced quite mixed results in Jupiter Mahadasha thus far . Presently I'm going through difficult period wrt my job and finances (under debt).

I really wonder if I took the right decision in wearing Yellow Sapphire or if I shall remove it (now or in future) ? Any guidance would greatly help. Jupiter is in nakshatra of Mars (debilitated) and itself is debilitated in Dasamsa chart .

Please kindly advise your views . Thank you!!!!

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Should Virgo Lagna born wear Yellow Sapphire?

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi All,

Just to provide more info, below has been the experience under Jupiter Dasha so far (if it helps in recommendation):

Ju-Ju Mar 2001 – Apr 2003 V. Good Completed my Engineering with Honors Degree
Ju-Sa Apr 2003 – Nov 2005 V. Good Went abroad (US) in Aug’04 for MBA and excelled in studies. Apr’03 to Mar’04 was challenging times as there was no job satisfaction and fruitless travels.
Ju-Me Nov 2005 – Feb 2008 Excellent Complete MBA with Honors Degree . Received excellent job offer in a Senior Management Role (relocated to Singapore). Got married and blessed with a boy in Nov’07.
Ju-Ke Feb 2008 – Jan 2009 Bad Unhappiness in domestic life. Married life starts to deteriorate.
Ju-Ve Jan 2009 – Sep 2011 Worst Worst time of my life. Tremendous stress, both personal and professional front. Very unhappy married life.
Ju-Su Sep 2011 – Jul 2012 Mixed Some elevation at work. Domestic life starts to improve and relations with wife coming back to normancy.
Ju-Mo Jul 2012 – Nov 2013 V. Good Contentment at work and domestic matters.
Ju-Ma Nov 2013 – Oct 2014 Mixed Increase in salary but dissatisfaction at work. Foreign travels & exposure but stress related to financial matters.
Ju-Ra Oct 2014 to date Mixed Increase in salary but dissatisfaction at work. Had to take up loans but for good (sisters marriage & mothers treatment).

Question to the members: Should I continue wearing Yellow Sapphire or Should I consider removing it (now or later)?

Thanks & Regards,
Raj

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:07 am

Hi All,

Could anyone pls advise ?

Rahu is transiting through my ascendant and also conjunct Jupiter in navamsa.

I feel quite a lot stressed wrt my career progression . Is wearing yellow sapphire advisable or if I shall remove it?

Will removing it help or cause further stress?

Frankly I really don't understand how all the above effect, so any guidance wrt yellow sapphire is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi All,

Request anyone to please reply .

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat

steakpie
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by steakpie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 pm

[quote="raj_indian_1981"]Dear respected members,

I've Virgo ascendant with Jupiter in lagna. As I learn about astrology more in depth, I understand Jupiter is a functional malefic planet for Virgo ascendant (as it is in enemy sign and also it owns 2 Kendra houses- kendraadhipati dosha)

I was suggested by an astrologer to wear yellow sapphire (to improve Jupiters directional strength) and I have been wearing it since 2003 . However I've faced quite mixed results in Jupiter Mahadasha thus far . Presently I'm going through difficult period wrt my job and finances (under debt).

I really wonder if I took the right decision in wearing Yellow Sapphire or if I shall remove it (now or in future) ? Any guidance would greatly help. Jupiter is in nakshatra of Mars (debilitated) and itself is debilitated in Dasamsa chart .

Please kindly advise your views . Thank you!!!![/quote]
im a virgo adscendent and as far as I know , its neither a malefic nor a benefic for our chart, its neutral.

I myself wore yellow sapphire for the first time today after doing mantras on it since today is guruwar(thursday)

it was given to me by my astrologer on sunday, and today I have it for the very first time...not sure what to expect though.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 am

steakpie wrote:
raj_indian_1981 wrote:Dear respected members,

Please kindly advise your views . Thank you!!!!

im a virgo adscendent and as far as I know , its neither a malefic nor a benefic for our chart, its neutral.

I myself wore yellow sapphire for the first time today after doing mantras on it since today is guruwar(thursday)

it was given to me by my astrologer on sunday, and today I have it for the very first time...not sure what to expect though.

Hello (Raj and Steakpie),
It seems like you (SP) have only just now decided to wear this gemstone and are already harbouring doubts and asking us here if it was a right decision or not. Your best bet would be to contact your prescriber for assurance. It is not a good idea to guesstimate and second-guess why it was prescribed, etc. This whole matter about gemstone prescription is something probably done too hastily by some and then a third party ends up having to figure out and that can only increase the dilemma and confusion. Also, it appears that individuals tend to prescribe and self-prescribe gemstones a bit cursorily or based on singleton factors. Jyotish is plagued by diversity of opinions and that makes a messy situation even messier.

Anyways, please check with the astro who prescribed and go easy on yourself.
Rohiniranjan
Dimensions (blog on wordpress)

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Dear Crystalpages,

Thanks for your post . Appreciate your time .

Your advise is well noted that we should ask the prescriber on the rationale behind his suggestion to wear YS. In my case, I've been wearing it for almost 12 years now. I don't even recall who prescribed me. More so 12 yrs ago, I had absolutely no knowledge on the subject of astrology and hence not in any capacity to understand the reason behind wearing YS (even if I was told).

Since last few years, I've been investing time to learn the basics of astrology . The more I learn, the more I start to wonder if wearing YS is actually good for me or not. The Jupiter MD has given me mixed results. Please read through my first 2 post for details.

I still have about 2 yrs Jupiter MD remaining and am presently going through stressful time, esp. wrt finances and career. Therefore I thought to seek advise from learned astrologers here whether my situation is due to strengthening the bad effect of Jupiter by wearing YS and if yes.. whether I should probably take YS out .

Anyways, I'm not really very hopefull to get any advise here so will look for advise elsewhere .

Thanks!

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:20 am

Yes. You can remove the Yellow Saphire. Recite Durga stuti daily and Hanuman Chalisa daily.

TKC

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Dear Tylorechandra,

Thanks for your post.

I do recite Hanuman Chalisa daily.. It has been sort of universally suggested to me by everyone I’ve consulted so far. However Durga Stuti is something new and I will start reciting the same .

If I can ask the reason for increase in debt over last 6-9 months, it is because of influence of Rahu Antardasha? As Rahu is placed with debilitated Mars in 11th house and aspecting 6th house of debt . In addition, Jupiter is transiting 11th house of Cancer (strongest sign for him) these days.. Is Jupiter transit over natal Mars activating the influence of Ma/Ra for me in a negative way? Is this partly the reason for your recommendation to take out YS? Appreciate if you could please throw some light for educational purposes .

Best Regards,
Rajat

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:37 am

You are running Jup-Rah since Oct 2014. These activate their star lords Mars and Saturn respectively. Saturn and Jupiter move to the 2nd house of income and Kutumba in the bhava chart. Similarly Mars occupies the 12th bhava though placed in the 11th house in the Rasi chart. He is the lord of 3rd and 8th houses. Saturn rules both the 5th (putra, quick gains, intelligence) and 6th (debts, litigation, enemies,sickness etc) houses while Mars also aspects the 2nd, 5th and 5th houses.
Results are obvious. e.g Mars represents co-borns and in the 12th bhava represents expenditure for co-born. 2nd house is income which is in the form of Saturn (debts - 6th house).

Durga stuti is because all planets are in between Rahu and Ketu and Rahu antara is in progress. Hanuman chalisa is for Sade sati.

TKC

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:41 am

I forgot to add that suggestion to remove the Yellow saphire is, as you have stated, Jupiter is a functional malefic with Kendradipathya dosha. He, being in the 1st house already has digbala. In Navamsa, he occupies the Vyayamsa - 12th w.r.t. natal lagna and in the 8th house w.r.t navamsa lagna.

TKC

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:45 am

Dear TKC,

Thanks for your reply . I'm really inspired by your analysis which is spot on. You mentioned my increase in debt due to co-Born since Oct 2014... This is EXACTLY the situation . I had to take up massive loan in Oct'14 and sell my car (also in Oct'14) to fully sponsor my sisters wedding which happened in Feb 2015.

Moreso I took up another loan for my mothers treatment last month and now have to soon take up another loan to fight a legal case of inheritance .

I'm really really fascinated by your analysis . Hoping things would be better in future wrt my career and finances .

Thanks a lot for your time in analyzing my horoscope!!!!

God bless.

Best regards,
Rajat

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:01 am

raj_indian_1981 wrote:Dear Crystalpages,

Raj,

Please don't take it the wrong way, but folks prescribe gemstones in many different ways and propelled by different reasonings, not to mention th different parameters (ayanamsha, dasha, methods etc used by different individuals) hence I always insist that it is best to question the prescriber and get it 'straight from the horse's mouth' proverbially-speaking.

In your case as you explained, it is not possible. This is one reason why traditionally clients tended to go to the same astrologer and a better follow-up and continuity was maintained as well as consistency of approach. Anyways, most of your Ju dasa is over and short of a miracle or some sort of yogic-tantrik power, it would not be possible to rewind the tape of past 12 years to definitively figure out if living those dozen or so years without the yellow stone would have made a difference or not. Furthermore, some insist that gemstones being crystals require purification, activation etc to be effective and also purity, source and a host of other procedural details are required for maximum efficacy. So it can turn out into quite the multifactorial mess in many instances. The negative influences in 2008-2011 particularly afflicting marital harmony do give some indications of academic interest but that is all in the past now.

Anyways, since your jupiter stone issue seems to have been solved, I am happy for you.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

raj_indian_1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj_indian_1981 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Dear Rohini Ranjan Ji,

Thanks for your email. It is always an intersing read.. you’re very good writer 

I fully agree with you that one should try to maintain the contuinity with the astrologer as much possible – it works better for both, the consultant and the consultee .

From academic perspective, the negative influence in 2008-2011 and more particularly during Ju MD and Ve AD could potentially be due to transit of Saturn through my ascendant and start of Sade Satti period as well . As I understand Ve is a benefic in my horoscope and also well placed in its own house, therefore one would imagine Ve AD to be good . However it turned out to be exactly opposite and the worst period in Ju madadasha . Another reason could be due to my wife’s horoscope where Saturn was transiting 12th house Virgo in the same period and she just started her Sa MD and Sa AD during 2009 onwards .

Thanks & Regards,
Raj

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:11 am

raj_indian_1981 wrote:...From academic perspective, the negative influence in 2008-2011 and more particularly during Ju MD and Ve AD could potentially be due to transit of Saturn through my ascendant and start of Sade Satti period as well . As I understand Ve is a benefic in my horoscope and also well placed in its own house, therefore one would imagine Ve AD to be good . However it turned out to be exactly opposite and the worst period in Ju madadasha ...
Hence it struck me as a point of academic interest in your chart, particularly in view of your gemstone query...!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan