SATURN-MOON -----CONJUNCTION,ASPECT OR OPPOSTION

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Re: SATURN-MOON -----CONJUNCTION,ASPECT OR OPPOSTION

Post by P.Srinivas. Rao » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Dear Astro Sonuji:-

Kindly dont think that i am teaching u nor i am a master in astrology. Many things i may not know. To be frank i am not sure i can give the answer to each and every question.

I have written Shani +Chandra yoga with respact to MANO VIKALPA or mental affliction only .That is the question put to me. If any one would have asked me " why mother is not ugly looking, when Shani Chandra Yoga is there?." Then, being a jyothishi i would have looked into 4th house , 4th lord and affliction to both.

For ur academic interest let me brief u how to analyse the horoscope. this is from Naadi rules;-This sutra u may not get to see in any book. A very few people have written the sutras.

1)Any graha, first it gives the Bhava phala of the nakshatrdipathi ( where this nakshatradipathi sits)

2) To understand whether it is shubha or ashubhaphala, the nakshatrdipathi should sit in Shubha Bhava.

3) This nakshatradipahi shows its weakness as per the association of natural malefic planets , like Shani, Kuja Rahu. Ketu.

4)If all the grahas (or more grahas) in one rashi, then each graha show its own bhava phala in different types.

5) When u see graha sanyoga, if it is in Shubha nakshatra then it will give shubha phala. If it is in ashubha nakshatra then it will give the ashubha phala.

6) any graha which is in :-

Ravi nakshatra-- Native will have more of Atma Vishwas.
Chandra nakshatra---Native will achieve only after struggle.
Kuja nakshatra--- Native will achieve after too much complication.
Budha Nakshatra--- Native will achieve through his intelligence
Shukra nakshatra--- Native will achieve with no problems.
Guru Nakshatra---Native will achieve through DAIVANUGRAHA.
Shani nakshatra---Native will achieve slowly.
Rahu and Ketu nakshara---Native will have mantrik fear and depends on Rashyadipathi

These 6 Rules are the fundamentals in jyothisha Phala Baaga. It is little difficult ,but practise makes it easier later. Karaka should be balista and not graha. One should see whether that Karaka graha have the strength to give the phala, whether lagna can recieve the phala, whether the lagna is shuddhi, whether the lagna lord is Shuddhi.. Only after seeing that, one should say the phala.

For Eg:=- For example RAVI +SHUKRA in 7th house, which ever may be the lagna. Sapthama bhava Karaka is Shukra. In this karaka Rashi, when the papa graha ( Ravi)is there, that bhava will endorse ONLY PAPA PHALA.

Any how it is good question . I hope i tried in a small way to convince u.

Thanx.
Astrology is not a Science of light, but it is the Science of life

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Respected Rao Sir,

I do not disagree that Sat+moon will not give afflictions. It will surely give because Sat is a malefic. My only contention is NOT IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. All i wanted to put across is that it cannot be generalized.

Regarding people putting here phala of Sat+moon, I can tell you sir , there are 7 horoscopes in even without sat+moon and still facing manovikalpa difficulties as against the 7 with Sat+moon. These are kaliyuga tendencies. We do not initiate Bhojana Vidhi, Neither we do atma shudhi during snana. It is only Sthula shudhi during snana. Calling elders by names, gazing at women (Parastree gaman) etc.. these all without any horoscope afflictions create things synonymous to manokaraka afflictions.

Almost every middle class person is under financial stress and depressed owing to some or other problem like job issue OR business fraud etc.. These all lead to stress akin to Sat+moon combo irrespective of the combo being in the chart.

When I mentioned about Mother being of a specific karakatwa of Saturn, my only point was to bring out other karakatwas of Saturn, since we were only discussing karakatwa and not 4th house or lagna shuddhi etc. It is assumed very well that other planets if aspect, like Rahu or Mars or even Sun to the combo of Sat+moon, the results could vary towards negative side. The same could vary on positive side with benefic aspect. but thats not what the crux of this discussion was. The crux is what is it that Sat+moon can do on their own. And my contention was that if Sat is a benefic or in a trine etc along with waxing moon etc.. the results will not be damaging.

Sir Nadi astrology, I am not aware. I shall learn whatever you post here for the benefit of all of us and be guided by you to enhance my knowledge.

Regards
Sonu

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 am

Rao ji, Sonu ji,

I have two questions. Will be happy if you can clarify:

1. If Shani-Chandra yoga occurs in nakshtars owned by Chandra (Rohini/Hasta/Sravana) how different will be the effect?
2. Is the yoga applicable in divisional charts, for e.g, if it is there in Navamsa, does it mean that the effect will be seen after marriage?

Thanks
CRS

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 am

Dear sonu,

thanks for ur reply.

Well, in my chart virgo Asc is in Hasta nakshatra where sat is placed. And sat third aspect is on my debiliated moon,Which is getting strong shadbala strength. Another malefic retro mars also aspects on my moon. If you see my chart from moon, most of planets are in kendra. So it might be help me in mitigate my tensions. I want to ask you another question regarding retro planets. You know very well that i have so many planets retro, Jup-Mars-rahu placed in 12th house(leo sign). I have heard that retro planets have an extra aspect, i.e. from previous house. If it is right then Jup is also helping me by aspect on moon to mitigate tensions and convert my bad mood in to good mood. I have noticed so many times that wheneve i get upset , the very next day i get tonned of work, totally overwhelm in my work. So due to work i forgot all the tensions.

If you closely look in chart you will find that 5th house (which rules mind) in moon nakshtra and my moon is debiliated and also 5th house is ruled by saturn. So what do u think, nakshatra works or retro planets works or rashi aspects help in mitigate negative tendency , swings mood?

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am

indeed conjuction of saturn moon denotes mind afflicted with harsh realities of life.
I have experienced the same result with respect to saturn aspecting moon.
However,we have to take into consideration the basics too:
a)That saturn has the basic nature of a sting
b) That moon under influence of saturn is like a horror movie
those who are weak hearted may be praying to stop it
Some may enjoy it,
not forgetting that ultimately the forces of evil are gone .
Myself have experience of both .

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:57 pm

we must not forget also that Saturn is Moon's Karkak (significator and doer) and Moon is Saturn's Bodhak (informative).

Whatever the mind wants, the muscles (action) will work in co-ordination to make sure the goals are achieved.

Whatever the action is required, the mind will try to plan out how that is achieved.

So there is some affinity between Moon and Saturn although Moon is enemy of Saturn - sometimes the planning fails because of lack of detail or the mind play tricks.

Moon has no enemies in the Zodiac. She just have to deal with her own variability in being influneced by other planets and not get burnt by the Sun - which applies to all other planets as well.
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Aseem - In the first kundli ( New delhi native) there is no effect on moon for the native. Happy go lucky cheerful but of disciplined disposition. Very emotional. Moon has no affliction infact moons period will give extreme happiness. This native has either met his/her Guru since last 6 months or so and if not will meet by mid next year.

In second (agra) case it is exactly the opposite. the person is worried continuously on account of spouse/affairs, business etc. Has often disagreements with people. Mind is not at peace ever. Almost always thinking about the opposite sex. Sometimes there is often fits of anger also.moon is severly afflicted.

One common thing is that both of them are undergoing stress currently. The second one has more severity of stress.

Regards
Sonu

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Ok Aseem no problem. Either way I will get to learn :)

Regards

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 am

What does Sturn and moon conjunction in 11th house for Scorpio lagna means? Is is good for money benefits? Or the person will be highly spiritual...Is the combination not good for mother?
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 am

Ninth lord in 11th with 4th lord is a good yoga for happiness & comforts. Though moon saturn is usually not an ideal position for mother ,the adverse effect is almost minimized.
Kahal yoga is present The native may be stubborn, daring, head of a small army that is, fighter for a cause.

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks Aseem. :) It makes me happy to have passed this test.

Regards
Sonu

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:19 am

Dear Sonuji,

Good day to you. Can you please tell your views about my chart?
I am as reluctant to entreat an analysis as to go into a huge Kingdom full of grandeur and ask the king to measure my hip size :)
but I am interested in the Saturn Moon aspect that happens both in my Rasi and Navamsa.

my details are:

date: 08-march-1984
place: salem, India
Time: 5:58 am

P.S. Your Presna was pretty accurate. The travel was comfortable. The veg food was initially unavailable, but they bought special food that was better than others'. :)

sincerely,
S

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:33 am

digitsoftime wrote:Dear Sonuji,

Good day to you. Can you please tell your views about my chart?
I am as reluctant to entreat an analysis as to go into a huge Kingdom full of grandeur and ask the king to measure my hip size :)
but I am interested in the Saturn Moon aspect that happens both in my Rasi and Navamsa.

my details are:

date: 08-march-1984
place: salem, India
Time: 5:58 am

P.S. Your Presna was pretty accurate. The travel was comfortable. The veg food was initially unavailable, but they bought special food that was better than others'. :)

sincerely,
S
Dear Sunny,

Salute the Lord who makes things happen. We are just mediums. :) . Regarding Prasna, can you please provide more details in the same thread. It will help learning. I had actually stopped Prasna's because I wanted to learn more. Your feedback on specifics will help much. Thanks for your time. I shall look into Sat+moon and reply back here.

Regards
Sonu

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 am

Dear Sunny,

Your moon is weak, irrespective of Saturnine influence. But the good thing in Rasi is that it is watched over by Jup who is good in vaisheshikamsas. Sat exalted in 9th has aspect on Jupiter. Jup is stronger in Vaisheshikamsas and Saturn is strong in Shadbala. So, Karakatwa effect of Jupiter is greater, but lordship effect of Saturn is higher. Lagna lord and 12th lord aspects mind. Positive effects of 12th lord Sat are there because it is in exchange with 9th lord and as lagna lord in 9th. Invariably Sat aspects moon and is not conjunct it. So, the effect is not as close as it may seem. But the mind is conditioned to discipline, lineage, history(Saturn) and brahma gyan, OM, Devatas, pilgrimages (Jupiter). In a nutshell, mind is weak i.e. inbuilt mental stamina is lacking but Jupiter the karaka for Knowlege is aspecting it so you may not feel negative effects of Saturn at all. Moons dispositor is exalted with Ketu the karaka for moksha and spirituality.

So, if the moon i.e. the mind is seen, there is an all round effect of spirituality on it. Moon is conditioned to think that way all round the clock. And the intellect supports it because 5th lord is merc and is conjunct Sun the giver of Such vidya in lagna.

Deb mars aspect on moon in navamsa can make you irritable at times.

All this analysis is necessary because both planets aspect moon in 3rd the house of desires.

You do not have evil symptoms of Sat aspect on moon like depression, melancholy etc... inspite of moon being weak, as it is aspected by Jupiter in Rasi in its mooltrikona sign.

Regards
Sonu

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:35 am

Dear sonu,

I think you forgot to reply my above post, anywy i repeat it.

thanks for ur reply.

Well, in my chart virgo Asc is in Hasta nakshatra where sat is placed. And sat third aspect is on my debiliated moon,Which is getting strong shadbala strength. Another malefic retro mars also aspects on my moon. If you see my chart from moon, most of planets are in kendra. So it might be help me in mitigate my tensions. I want to ask you another question regarding retro planets. You know very well that i have so many planets retro, Jup-Mars-rahu placed in 12th house(leo sign). I have heard that retro planets have an extra aspect, i.e. from previous house. If it is right then Jup is also helping me by aspect on moon to mitigate tensions and convert my bad mood in to good mood. I have noticed so many times that wheneve i get upset , the very next day i get tonned of work, totally overwhelm in my work. So due to work i forgot all the tensions.

If you closely look in chart you will find that 5th house (which rules mind) in moon nakshtra and my moon is debiliated and also 5th house is ruled by saturn. So what do u think, nakshatra works or retro planets works or rashi aspects help in mitigate negative tendency , swings mood?

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 am

Dear Anilesh,

Your moon does not have much affliction from Saturn. Saturn is moving away from moon in rasi and navamsa both, being a retro. However, moon is itself debiliated and may induce unnecessary desires being in 3rd. More than the moon (mind), it is the mercury(intellect) that is afflicted by being in 6th with Sun and Ketu, and in navamsa being afflicted by Saturn. The double blow is it is debiliated.

You must undertake Shri Vishnu Sahasranamavali everyday to mitigate evil effects.

Regards
Sonu

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:43 am

I am happy :) that astrosonu has been consistently going deeper in the sea of prediction.

"jehi marag gaye pandita, tei gayi bahir;

unchi ghati ram ki, tehi chadhi rahai kabir. "

That is,

The path followed by the pandits is also the same one followed by the worldly people;

But Ram's* abode is very high, and Kabir** has climbed there.
(*God's} **A great yet simple indian poet and saint

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Revribhav Sir,

I am humbled by your appreciation. It cannot happen without love of my friends here and blessings of elders like yourself and Rao sir.

Regards
Sonu

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 am

Dear Sonu ji,

Thanks for the thoughts. The moon is and has been weak. My mind was as if made of a ball of butter that every child throwing a stone could make a dent in it :)
To a good extent I have been able to overcome the inherent weakness by disciplined living. Why exactly is the moon weak?
You are absolutely right in mentioning the things like Devatas, pilgrimages, history etc that the mind is inclined towards. (The above qualities manifested only after I was 16. Till then I was very bad mannered and arrogant). Now what is required to strengthen it?

Also that mischievous Mars, I am telling you..sure does make me irritable. :D

There was a time when there was these symptoms of extreme depression and melancholy..but I should say I overcame it by by self-effort and Rama's will.

A good piece of advice to increase the strength of mind in my experience would be carefully scrutinize our thoughts. This is becomes more difficult after a while because the mind is by nature restless...initially it might be easy to follow impressions related to external world. But then when the input of these impressions weaken, the mind starts to act upon itself. Then the drama starts!
It compares, judges, accepts and discards and creates it own 'value system' and only when we look inside we see what a mess it has been.
It can be seen that it is a sense of identity, 'I' that perceives and not the mind itself. This 'I' somehow seems to be closely related to the samskaras and the samskaras again are perceived by the ego. It is like.. the Lord incarnates Himself on the Earth to enjoy His own sweetness.
The mind is by nature restless because of the karma it brings. So once the value system inside get prioritized, the mind gets strengthened.
Another important thing would be unfailing devotion to the Lord. Meditation and Prayer could help very much. Unless the mind gets a taste for the sweetness of the Lord, restlessness, doubt, melancholy etc cannot be overcome!

Even though the above paragraph might seem irrelevant, I wrote it so that some may benefit in case its right and some may correct me in case its wrong.

sincerely,
S

astrosonu wrote:
Your moon is weak, irrespective of Saturnine influence. But the good thing in Rasi is that it is watched over by Jup who is good in vaisheshikamsas. Sat exalted in 9th has aspect on Jupiter. Jup is stronger in Vaisheshikamsas and Saturn is strong in Shadbala. So, Karakatwa effect of Jupiter is greater, but lordship effect of Saturn is higher. Lagna lord and 12th lord aspects mind. Positive effects of 12th lord Sat are there because it is in exchange with 9th lord and as lagna lord in 9th. Invariably Sat aspects moon and is not conjunct it. So, the effect is not as close as it may seem. But the mind is conditioned to discipline, lineage, history(Saturn) and brahma gyan, OM, Devatas, pilgrimages (Jupiter). In a nutshell, mind is weak i.e. inbuilt mental stamina is lacking but Jupiter the karaka for Knowlege is aspecting it so you may not feel negative effects of Saturn at all. Moons dispositor is exalted with Ketu the karaka for moksha and spirituality.

So, if the moon i.e. the mind is seen, there is an all round effect of spirituality on it. Moon is conditioned to think that way all round the clock. And the intellect supports it because 5th lord is merc and is conjunct Sun the giver of Such vidya in lagna.

Deb mars aspect on moon in navamsa can make you irritable at times.

All this analysis is necessary because both planets aspect moon in 3rd the house of desires.

You do not have evil symptoms of Sat aspect on moon like depression, melancholy etc... inspite of moon being weak, as it is aspected by Jupiter in Rasi in its mooltrikona sign.

Regards
Sonu

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 pm

digitsoftime wrote:Dear Sonu ji,

Why exactly is the moon weak?. Now what is required to strengthen it?
Dear Sunny,

the moon is weak owing to karmic backlog as indicated by Shashtiamsa. It is debiliated along with self placed Mars. Praying Shri Krishna with japas and offering sevas in temples will help strengthen it. I am not really going by the exact house placement of d60 as your time may vary.

You may have a more difficult time after Rahu transits to Scorpio as it will natally transit your nodes. You can undertake Maa Durga Stotra right away. All the nodal transit issues will be visible on moon.

Regards
Sonu

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 am

Dear Sonu ji,

Thanks.It was an interesting observation. What kind of karmic pattern does it indicate (this deb Moon with Mars)?
I have heard Natal transits are usually painful. Any words of experience would help :mrgreen: . Did you mean psychological or physical suffering?
I hope its not so bad :)
I googled about the Durga Stotra. There were many things like Chandi, Durga Sahasranamam, Devi Mahatmiyam etc.. Can you please help in this regard..also the procedure?
Thanks

sincerely,
sunny

astrosonu wrote:

Dear Sunny,

the moon is weak owing to karmic backlog as indicated by Shashtiamsa. It is debiliated along with self placed Mars. Praying Shri Krishna with japas and offering sevas in temples will help strengthen it. I am not really going by the exact house placement of d60 as your time may vary.

You may have a more difficult time after Rahu transits to Scorpio as it will natally transit your nodes. You can undertake Maa Durga Stotra right away. All the nodal transit issues will be visible on moon.

Regards
Sonu

astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astroduffer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 am

Please drop me an email. I shall give you Durga Stotra.

Regards

Thanks.It was an interesting observation. What kind of karmic pattern does it indicate (this deb Moon with Mars)?
I have heard Natal transits are usually painful. Any words of experience would help :mrgreen: . Did you mean psychological or physical suffering?
I hope its not so bad :)
I googled about the Durga Stotra. There were many things like Chandi, Durga Sahasranamam, Devi Mahatmiyam etc.. Can you please help in this regard..also the procedure?
Thanks

sincerely,
sunny

astrosonu wrote:

Dear Sunny,

Regards
Sonu

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 am

Thanks Sonu ji. I have!

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm

revribhav wrote:Ninth lord in 11th with 4th lord is a good yoga for happiness & comforts. Though moon saturn is usually not an ideal position for mother ,the adverse effect is almost minimized.
Kahal yoga is present The native may be stubborn, daring, head of a small army that is, fighter for a cause.
Thansk for your reply....
What is Kahal yoga? What about the aspects that Saturn and moon will have on 5th house?
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.