Artha, Kama, Moksha & Dharma Houses -Where is Your Strength?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Artha, Kama, Moksha & Dharma Houses -Where is Your Strength?

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Learned Members

Artha Houses is your profession and lifelihod. Your material progress in life and how you earn a living.

Kama Houses rules business and trade. It also relationships with others and being adaptable.

Dharma Houses deals with your general luck. Your sense of right and wrong. Your religiosity. And it boosts your excellence in matters related to other houses.

Moksha Houses deal with your spirituality, your sensitivity to undercurrents, your self-prosperity - sometimes even exceeding that of Kama Houses but the chances are slim as they are Moksha.

So which kind of house types are prominent in your chart?

To answer the questions note the importance of certain indications ranked in descending order.

(1) Preponderance placement of Trine Lords in which house type. Only Aires, Libra Cancer, Leo as Ascendant Types do we consider the Lagna Lord. Lords of 5th and 9th are considered for all Ascendant Types.

(2) Trines of Jupiter

(3) 12th and 2nd of Venus, 8th and 6th of Mercury, 11th of Sun, Moon and the focal point based on the joint rulership of the two said houses, similarly for 9th of Sun, Moon, 3rd and 11th of Jupiter, 1st, 2nd and 10th of Saturn, 1st and 7th of Mars. 3rd of Mars

(The significations of all these should be known from my previous posts. Note that 3rd to Jupiter means the house where Jupiter the planet of gains is placed is gains to the house which is 3rd to Jupiter so it benefits the house that is 3rd to Jupiter).

(4) Trines combine with Artha or Moksha

The above are major indicators at a glance. Of course other indicators if we dig deeper would be things like Paravajeet Yoga (Dusthana Lord going into another Dusthana) etc.

Let's take my chart as an example.

22nd June 1962
Time : 832 am
Place of Birth : Singapore (1 degree 16 minutes North and 103 degrees 51 minutes East)
GMT : 7 hours 30 minutes East - we change to 8 hours East only in 1983).

Let's keep score.

First Factor : Mars in 10th, Jupiter in 8th and Moon in 7th (1 point for Artha, (1 point for Moksha, 1 point for Kama).

Second Factor : Trines to Jupiter are the 4th and the 12th (2 points for Moksha).

Third Factor : 2nd of Venus - Artha, 12th of Venus is 12th house - Moksha, 8th of Mercury is 6th house - Artha, 6th of Mercury is 4th house - Moksha, 11th of Sun, Moon - Focal point is Mars in the 10th which is Artha, 9th of Sun, Moon - Focal point is Mercury in the 11th which is Kama, 1st of Saturn - 7th house which is Kama, 2nd of Saturn - 8th house which is Moksha, 10th of Saturn - 4th house which is Moksha, 3rd of Jupiter is 10th house which is Artha, 11th of Jupiter is 6th house which is Artha, 3rd of Mars is 12th house which is Moksha, 7th of Mars is 4th house which is Moksha, Poistion of Mars is 10th house which is Artha. (6 points for Artha, 2 points for Kama, 6 points for Moksha)

(4) For Cancer Ascendant, my Trine houses combine with Artha. We give 2 points for this. (2 points for Artha, 1 point for Dharma - we always give 1 extra point for Dharma because of its goodness)

Now adding up the scores I have

Arhta - 9 points
Kama - 3 points
Moksha - 9 points
Dharma - 1 point

If you look at my earlier post, Saturn is my Rudra Lord so all my Kama houses are affected (the tridents of Rudara). We will ignore my Mercury as Maheswara which is also a form of Shiva.

Thus the final tabulation is :
Artha – 9 points
Kama – 2 points
Moksha – 9 points
Dharma – 1 point

If you take signs as representing houses, then further addtions and deductions (the 2nd cycle of analysis) can be done but we shall not make it too complicated as this is only a first step in guaging the strength of the elements.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Artha, Kama, Moksha & Dharma Houses -Where is Your Stren

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi

The factor Trines of Jupiter in my chart involve two houses : 4th and 12th. It should score two points instead of 1 point.

Thus the final score should be :

Thus the final tabulation is :
Artha – 9 points
Kama – 2 points
Moksha – 10 points
Dharma – 1 point

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Khoo:

How about adding points of dharma, artha, kama and moksha houses together? Do they also signify the same? Also do the dharma houses help one another if one is weak and other strong?
The points calculated for some of the horoscopes are given below:
Do they signify the stronger aspect of any one of these in the following:

Vivekananda 66 91 90 100

Chan Saraswathi 79 91 78 89

Mahesh Yogi 87 99 84 67

Dev(myself) 91 81 86 79

Khoo 91 79 89 78

Thanks,

Dev

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 am

Hi Dev

Here you are talking about adding Ashtakavarga points. For this post it is adding 1 point for 1 plus factor. It is just an overall guage to pick the strength of a type of house in a chart at first blush.

Adding the Ashtavarge points give another view of the houses like transits, how each type of house can override the other etc. For example, further research can indicate under what threshhold of points for each element type of house, does one elemental type trounce another elemental type.

The point system in this post does not work that way as above. It shows which type of house gets easy progress, material benefits, reaching of objectives, the person is comfortable with etc. So that is the difference and that is the answer to your 1st question.

As for your second question, in this post we consider house type by type ie. Dharma, Kama, Artha and Moksha.

Within each element type of houses, they are all in trine to one another. As a second step to analysis we can see how the points are distributed amongst the three houses in an element type. Note these are not Ashtakavarga points.

I am assuming you are using Ashtakavarga points because the numerical figures you give for the sages comes in a few tens.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:35 am

Hi Khoo:

Yes, they are the astavarga points that I took from Jhora. Yes, your approach is different and I see what u mean. These would only give overall picture about which of these dharma, artha, kama and moksha will be dominating or in which of these he would be more successful and in which less successful and so on.
Thanks for ur nice posting. It seems your first luv is astrology :lol: :lol: .
Dev

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zarna » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Jay shree krishna Devji,
I dont know more about astrology.But I request to if you can count my Dharma,artha ,kam & moksha points.Please if you can?
I hve very lil knowledge so why i am asking you.
My detail is:
18/3/1980,1:45PM,Sawarkundla,gujarat,India.
Thanking you,
Warm regards,
Zarna.
Jai shree krishna

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi Zarna:

The values in your case are
86 80 85 86.
Your chart seems interesting with 4 planets being retrograde. Can you share some of your life events. You can PM me in case you want to maintain confidentiality.

Dev

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zarna » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Ohh..so balanced i m!!
Thank you Dev Ji!!is tht my chart is interesting?What I found abt my chart:No exalted planet,no swagruhi planet,no debilitated planet & 4 retro planets!!I am saying this coz in most kundlies, I found at least one of this. Will surely PM you abt life events.
Thanks Again,
Jay shree krishna,
Regards,
Zarna
Jai shree krishna