effects of an exalted rahu during dasha? case study help..

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
omkara
Contributor
Contributor

effects of an exalted rahu during dasha? case study help..

Post by omkara » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 am

Hi all,

Yesterday I was trying to analyse an uncle's horoscope. he's in his mid sixties. he has an exalted rahu in his horoscope conjoined with saturn in 2nd house (Gemini). his rahu dasha is coming up and he told me that many astrologers have told him that during rahu dasha it will act as kodanda rahu, conferring great riches. is this true?? as i heard rahu isn,t a great benefic in the 2nd house. other details of his chart are:
Lagna taurus, 3rd house (cancer) occupied by moon, 5th house (virgo) with retrograde jupiter, 8th house (sagitarius) with mercury, mars and ketu conjunct, 9th house sun (capricorn), and 11th house (piesces) with venus.
D.O.B: 28 jan 1945, mangalore, 14:55.
By the way his navamsha has rahu conjunct sun in 9th house.

I would very much appreciate help from the community as his rahu dasha commences in late 2012.

Thank you

Omkara

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: effects of an exalted rahu during dasha? case study help

Post by USR » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:19 am

Rahu gets exaltation in Taurus.In the native's HS Rahu is in Gemini.Rahu dasa can give rise to health issues due to it's aspect on 6/8/10th houses from lagna.Loss of family members can be visualised by the presence of Me,Ma,Ke in 8th aspected by SaR,Ra from 2nd.
Prayers to Rahu/Ketu may help.
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Dear USR,

My wife has Tauras asc chart. Her moon is exalted in asc and rahu is in cancer. As you say that rahu exalted in Tauras. So can we here believe that rahu and moon exchanging their place??

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by USR » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:40 am

Dear Nilesh,
Pl give her birth details.
USR

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

13th Nov 1981
18:11
Jaipur,Rajasthan
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Shrikanth
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shrikanth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:55 am

Dear Omkara,

Could you provide some prominent life events with approximate dates (month/year) from your Uncle's life
You can also shed some life about his personality, education, career, marital life, siblings, children, finances.

This'll help us get some confidence into the birth data and rectify if need be and then go forward.
Additionally we can tie back subperiods of Rahu during his life to get a better understanding of Rahu Mahadasha.

Let us know

Thanks
Shrikanth

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 am

[quote="anilesh47"]Dear USR,

My wife has Tauras asc chart. Her moon is exalted in asc and rahu is in cancer. As you say that rahu exalted in Tauras. So can we here believe that rahu and moon exchanging their place??

Regards
Nilesh[/quote]

Respected Nilesh
Sorry to chip in but as other learned members have described, Aquarius is considered Rahu's own house. taurus is rahu's exaltion sign. so if moon was in aquarius than you could have considered a sign exchange condition.

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

Regards-
Pradeep

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by USR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 am

Dear Nilesh,
Moon in asc in it's exaltation house as 3rd lord makes her a good person and affectionate.Rahu in 3rd is benefic to her being in the *constellation of Punarvasu which is Kshema Tara to Rohini .Rahu gives benefic results during it's MD and ADs.
Parivartana or exchange of houses is for planets except Rahu/Ketu.
USR