Help regarding Ashtakvarga (PAV)

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Help regarding Ashtakvarga (PAV)

Post by vhb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:44 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help regarding Ashtakvarga (PAV)

Post by vhb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by nina » Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Vhb,

Check the individual SAV chart for Saturn - it can give from 0 to 7 bindus per rasi. If it transits a rasi with 0-2 bindus the transit should be bad. But then you need to check which planets help - maybe Venus or Mercury or Jupiter is giving 5-7 bindus to that rasi. If so then there will be respite during this Saturn's transit. :wink:
Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » Sat May 21, 2011 11:17 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Sun May 22, 2011 4:53 am

vhb wrote:Respected Senior Members,

I have following questions regarding "Ashtakvarga" concept.

1) I have read that When Saturn transits over a Rasi with less than 20 points,a native faces troubles & problems.Will these effects change,if Saturn is lagana lord/functional benefic?

2) When & how to use PAV of a planet? What does it mean when planet "A" is in PAV of planet "B"? Could you please explain this with an example?

I kindly request all of you learned members to please help me understand this.

Best Regards,
Vhb
Dear Vhb,

there will be a lot other factors which will decide whether a saturn transit will be good or bad. I have seen a case which had 4 ashtakvarga of Saturn in virgo but those 2.5 years were a hell for him (still it is) because saturn was in 6th house. He faced false litigations and loss of job

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » Mon May 23, 2011 9:08 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Mon May 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Shashi wrote:
vhb wrote:Respected Senior Members,

I have following questions regarding "Ashtakvarga" concept.

1) I have read that When Saturn transits over a Rasi with less than 20 points,a native faces troubles & problems.Will these effects change,if Saturn is lagana lord/functional benefic?

2) When & how to use PAV of a planet? What does it mean when planet "A" is in PAV of planet "B"? Could you please explain this with an example?

I kindly request all of you learned members to please help me understand this.

Best Regards,
Vhb
Dear Vhb,

there will be a lot other factors which will decide whether a saturn transit will be good or bad. I have seen a case which had 4 ashtakvarga of Saturn in virgo but those 2.5 years were a hell for him (still it is) because saturn was in 6th house. He faced false litigations and loss of job

Technically, any planet as Lagna lord, as you said, is functionally benefic as Lagna is both kendra and trikone. But, there is a difference between Kumbh lagna and Makar because in Kumbh Lagna Saturn also becomes 12th lord and so its effects will also be influenced by bad lordship of 12th house. While in Makar Lagna, it is lord of 1 and 2 and so it will also contribute to Dhan Yog. YEs, Saturn contributes to Dhan Yog and a kind of Dhan yog which is generally permanent unlike those of Mars etc.

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Tue May 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Technically, any planet as Lagna lord, as you said, is functionally benefic as Lagna is both kendra and trikone. But, there is a difference between Kumbh lagna and Makar because in Kumbh Lagna Saturn also becomes 12th lord and so its effects will also be influenced by bad lordship of 12th house. While in Makar Lagna, it is lord of 1 and 2 and so it will also contribute to Dhan Yog. YEs, Saturn contributes to Dhan Yog and a kind of Dhan yog which is generally permanent unlike those of Mars etc.
Dear Shashi ji,

You said , for Makar lagna, Saturn contributes to Dhan Yog which is generaly permanent unlike those of Mars etc. But will this rule holds good if the lagna lord Saturn is in 12th house?

Please reply.

G.K.Raj

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:40 am

Saturn when placed in Dushstana is believed to destroy dushstana significations. So, ideally even in 12th, saturn is fine for the native but if native lives abroad. Infact, in any case of lagna lord in 12th house, it is good if the native stays abroad (much away from birth plc and home) else some losses are seen

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Thank you Shashi ji.

Very nice of you to clarify.

God Bless You

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Shashi Ji,

could you give a brief analysis about my son's birth chart please. Now he is at the cross roads and your help will definitly shed some light on the decision making..

His birth details:

DOB: 9th October 1988
TOB: 2.44 pm
POB: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.

Thank you in advance.

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Rajji,

Could you also let me the know the specific area in which more attention is required? I mean, is it job / career/ education / marriage ?

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Shashi wrote:Rajji,

Could you also let me the know the specific area in which more attention is required? I mean, is it job / career/ education / marriage ?
Shashi ji,

At present I am concerned about his education and job/career.

you may also look into the yogas he has - whether it is nullified or it will fruitfull..

Thank you very much.

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:36 am

Raj ji,

His lord of education is in 8th house indicating breaks in education occasionally but that does not mean that he will not study. Jupiter in 5th will give him some sort of foreign education / degrees. So, if you are thinking in that direction please go ahead. His dasha also favours foreign education. Regarding career, with 5th and 10th lord being the same planet, he can have a career with academics. Believe it or not, he could go to academics and though he is not much interested in studies, he might become a professor :)

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 am

G.K.Raj wrote:Shashi Ji,

could you give a brief analysis about my son's birth chart please. Now he is at the cross roads and your help will definitly shed some light on the decision making..

His birth details:

DOB: 9th October 1988
TOB: 2.44 pm
POB: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.

Thank you in advance.
Hello Mr Raj

U son's career could pick up under Rahu-Saturn from sep 2012...Saturn will be exalted in transit in Libra which happens to be the 10th house of profession for his lagna ..Rahu is in his own sign in the 2nd house and is aspected by Saturn further strengthening the 2nd house of wealth/family..Rahu/Saturn followed by rahu/Mercury shud be good periods

thx
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Shashi wrote:Raj ji,

His lord of education is in 8th house indicating breaks in education occasionally but that does not mean that he will not study. Jupiter in 5th will give him some sort of foreign education / degrees. So, if you are thinking in that direction please go ahead. His dasha also favours foreign education. Regarding career, with 5th and 10th lord being the same planet, he can have a career with academics. Believe it or not, he could go to academics and though he is not much interested in studies, he might become a professor :)
astro123 wrote:[

Hello Mr Raj

U son's career could pick up under Rahu-Saturn from sep 2012...Saturn will be exalted in transit in Libra which happens to be the 10th house of profession for his lagna ..Rahu is in his own sign in the 2nd house and is aspected by Saturn further strengthening the 2nd house of wealth/family..Rahu/Saturn followed by rahu/Mercury shud be good periods

thx
Thank you shashi ji and astro 123

but the lagna lord in 12 worries me. People say if the lagna lord is weak then the yoga's seen in horoscope will not get fruitified..

could you clarify on this please. Whether his lagna lord is weak or not..

Shashi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shashi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Lagna lord in 12th makes a person spendthrift. Also, it is managed well if the person settles abroad.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 am

Saturn in the 12th and Lagna lord in the 12th is known to take a native abroad...This is just a general dictum and one has to look at other factors in the chart also..But yes 12th is a dusthana ad the house of losses and Asc lord ideally shud not be placed in the 8th or the 12th
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 am

Shashi wrote:Lagna lord in 12th makes a person spendthrift. Also, it is managed well if the person settles abroad.
astro123 wrote:Saturn in the 12th and Lagna lord in the 12th is known to take a native abroad...This is just a general dictum and one has to look at other factors in the chart also..But yes 12th is a dusthana ad the house of losses and Asc lord ideally shud not be placed in the 8th or the 12th
Thank you Shasi ji and Astro 123..

But did you note the SAV in lagna is 30? However the lagna lord is having nice shadbala strength - 132% . If you judge the lagna lord with its placement how about its shadbala strength...Does this mean anything..

shashi ji and astro 123.. please..

thank you.