Ayanamsa

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Ayanamsa

Post by arjunprabhu84 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Greetings to all Respected Members

The Govt of India in the 1950's officially adopted the Chitrapaksha Ayanamsa,

However I just wanna know the personal opinion of all our distinguished members on this topic,

what are your personal experiences with the following ayanamsa :

1) Chitrapaksha

2) Raman

3) Yukteshwar

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: Ayanamsa

Post by astroboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Good day to you,

This is the proverbial Mill stone around a astrologers neck, so to speak. Every time we think we have moved foward after settling this issue, the issue comes right back to stare us in the face.

Let me just say that "ChitraPaksha" is the way to go. Raman was a great man no doubt, but how many times has he used the divisional charts to explain a horoscope ? Use any other Ayanamsa and the divisional charts become a mess. Shri K.N. Rao claims that he explained B.V.Raman's horoscope more precisely by using "Chitrapaksha" Than Raman's own Ayanamsha. What else can I say.

Best regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arjunprabhu84 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 am

But Raman's ayanamsa matches very closely with Shri Yukteshwar Giri

do we then assume the great Yuketeshwar to be wrong as well ?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 pm

It's like this, Arjun, I spent 7 months of my life trying to see which Ayanamsha is correct. Nobody in this world Can prove with scientific evidence that the Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha is absolutely right, because no scientific instrument exists to measure it. More over who is to caliberate the instrument before it can show the correct Ayanamsha ? I am not advocating Lahiri or saying that Raman is all bull, all I am saying is that Lahari has worked for most. Remember there is no hard and fast rule to Astrology. A event can be explained not in two but in four different ways. K.P advocates say the K.P. Ayanamsha is the best, But it is closest to Lahiri { only 6 minutes }.

Now Raman took one whole step ahead and created a difference of 1deg 27 which is a big difference by any propotion. Supposing A lagna is at 28 deg in Dhanu with Lahiri Chitrapaksha, With Raman it would be 0.04 deg in Makara and the time difference will be more than 5 minutes in the birth time. 5 minutes might be nothing in the D1 if the lagna is within 25 degs or after 5 degs and not at the edge but in the D9 it would still create havoc.

The point is simple, Lahari seems to work best for all, Raman works too, but only with the D9 and the D1, after that, it's all a mess. Yukteshwar might be a great man, but he never used divisional charts for analysis. Look at western astrology, they don't have a Ayanamsha at all , and still they come up with some fairly accurate predictions some of the time, but without divisional charts.

Lahiri Ayanamsha has been proved to work with divisional charts time and again, You have a choice, Invent the wheel or go to a store and buy one. Choice is your's

best regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:24 am

After reading many writeups on Ayanamsha I got a feeling that the debate is somewhat like
"Which of these is better to measure length - Foot or Metre?". A good astrologer, I feel, can work
with any Ayanamsha equally well.

As Astroboy ji said, in most discussions, unless specifically said, it is always assumed to be
Lahiri. Hence for beginners/learners it is much better to baseline oneself with this.
CRS

arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arjunprabhu84 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

But if You read " Autobiography of an Yogi " - by Swami Yogananda, we can see that Shri Yukteshwar made scarilly accurate predictions & gave gemstone & metallic remedies too, & his predictions & remedies were 100 % accurate

now if you say he never used divisional charts.. den how was he able to acchieve such accurate success ?