Should one keep Nataraja Idol in prayer room

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astha

Should one keep Nataraja Idol in prayer room

Post by astha » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:48 am

Should nataraja idol be kept in the prayer room? One of my aunt recently told me that it is inauspicious to do so.

I request the learned members to give their views, as I am confused whether I should remove the idol from my home or not?

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Should one keep Nataraja Idol in prayer room

Post by R V RAMANAN » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:38 am

Dear Astha

Lot of people say that it is not advisable to have lingas or idols of shiva in the house. Let me tell you my personal experience.

I have a shivalinga next to my bed and everyday I sleep hugging it. And this has been going on for the past 25 years. Anyway care must be taken to do daily poojas and keep your surroundings absolutely clean and yourself as pure as it is possible.

I dont know what others feel but for me it is perfectly ok.

regards
ramanan

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:05 am

Dear Ramanan Sir,

Thanks for clearing the doubts..This would certainly help in clearing my mom s Doubt of keeping shiva idol in our prayer room...
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

astha

Post by astha » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Ramananji, I agree with your views. Infact,the idol i am talking about was present in my house for a very long time, but a few months back, I placed it in my puja place as Lord Shiva and started doing mantra jaap for easing mental tension and career related problems and I had firm belief that God would make everything right. But, recently, I lost my father and one of my aunts, who came to express grief, accidently had a look at the puja place and said that it is inauspicious to keep Nataraja there, as he symbolizes aggression and destruction. I searched online and found similar stories.

Since then, I am feeling terrible. I am confused as to if I have accidently invoked the anger of God by making this mistake and brought on the danger on my family. I am thinking of removing the idol from home, but I dont know what should I do with it, whether to immerse in water or simply remove it from puja place and keep somewhere locked in home?

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:56 am

Dear Astha

'What makes you feel that natraja represents destruction. The celestial dancer through his blessings can make you transcend time. Probably natraja is one of the highest cosmic principles. I feel you should not equate it to somebody's demise in your family.

But if you still feel bad or scared then please donate it to a temple instead of immersing it in water.

regards
ramanan

astha

Post by astha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 am

Thanks Ramananji for clearing my doubts.