Speech delay

Questions about health.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Praying

Speech delay

Post by Praying » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 am

Namaste,

I am looking for help/advice for my 3 year old daughter who has severe speech delay. She doesn't say a single word. She also doesn't seem to understand any communication via gestures or speech. We are working with speech therapists but do not see any improvement.

Her birth details are as follows:
Friday, April 25th 2014
11:39 am
Chicago, Illinois.

Will she improve? If so when? What can I do for her from a Vedic perspective to help?

Thank you so much for all your help.

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Speech delay

Post by tylorechandra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Lagna occupies a nakshatra of Saturn and is aspected by Saturn. Lagna lord Moon is in the 8th house. Though Moon is with Venus (a benefic planet), both occupy a nakshatra belonging to Jupiter. Rahu aspects them. Jupiter also aspects the combination. Jupiter, however, is the rogakaraka as well.

Additionally, Venus is the badhakadipati. The dispositor of Moon, Saturn, is exalted, retro and along the Rahu-Ketu axis. Saturn is also in the nakshatra of Jupiter and gets aspected by it as well. Currently, the rogakaraka dasa is running.

It is a case of balarishta, though mild because of the natural beneficience of Venus and Jupiter.

The Lord of the 2nd house of speech is exalted in the 10th house. However, he is along the Rahu-Ketu axis and is opposed by an equally strong and exalted Saturn. Mercury, the Karaka for speech gets combusted and becomes ineffective. Saturn is the lord of the 22nd Drekkana, Jupiter occupies the said Drekkana while Sun is the lord of the 64th Navamsa from Moon.

What your child is going through is the combined effect of both the above.
Performing a Navagraha Shanti Homa is advisable. In addition, recital of Aditya Hridaya Stotra and Vishnu Sahasra Nama may be done daily.

Improvement is likely to occur slowly.

TKC

Praying

Post by Praying » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 am

Dear Tylorechandra,

Namaste. Thank you for your reply. You give me some hope. I am so worried about her all the time. There is nothing more devastating to a mother than a child who is not doing well. I cry all the time and feel so helpless. It hurts to see her like this. It is almost as though there is a glass wall between us whereby I can see her but I cannot reach her.
I will judiciously do all the remedies that you have recommended. When do you anticipate that she will get better? Will she be "okay"?
Thank you so much for all your help!

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am

Constantly talk to her in every action you do, not just asking her things, but also in your actions, exemple "mom is doing roti, do you like roti? ", also talk while you play with her and her toys, catch things she like, like imagine help in kitchen, ask her where is the sugar for exemple and see if she can identify, or put sugar and banana in front of her, and ask her where is the banana, and see if she can react and identify.

Create funny games with her to motivated her to talk.

Praying

Post by Praying » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:04 am

Dear MeeraL,

Thank you for your suggestions. We do try to constantly talk to her and also have had her work with Speech Therapists and I realize that this is going to take some time but I worry because I don't see any improvement and wanted to try to address any weaknesses in her horoscope if present which seems to be the case.
Do you anticipate an improvement in the next few years?
Namaste