WRITERS - Planetary Combinations and Dasas

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

WRITERS - Planetary Combinations and Dasas

Post by Haresh Kumar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:14 am

Writing is a creative endeavour. The third house (creative endeavour, self-expression, writing, letters, communication,), the fifth house (intellect, state of mind, creativity, intellectual and artistic talents), the ninth house (dharma, luck wisdom, journeys) the tenth house (profession, status career honour, ) the eleventh house (fulfillment of desires and documents) assume prominence.

The third house also rules short journeys which is why writers who in general have a dominant third house and lord and by default a strong ninth house (long voyages), and are more often than not chronic and intrepid travellers, their creativity inspired and enhanced by new places and climes.

The key planets in this connection are Mercury (intellect, wit, communicative ability, power of oration, humour) Venus (artistry, charm, beauty, magnetism) Moon (emotions and imagination). The Sun, of course is the fulcrum of most important combinations but here it gets added importance on account of it being the lord of the fifth in the natural zodiac, and due to the inherent qualities of showmanship and grandeur of the sign over which it rules i.e. Leo.

While Mercury the lord of the third in the natural zodiac (sign Gemini) is associated with creative endeavour and intellect (Budhi) Jupiter ruling the ninth of the natural zodiac (sign Sagittarius) governs wisdom, piety and supreme knowledge (Gyan).

Jupiter is also a moral force and bestower of prosperity and these two elements are  logically interlinked. A prominent Jupiter gives gives divine fervour, piety and strong moralistic leanings in ones writings.

Rabindranath Tagore ( 7th May 1861 at 2.27.41.am 22N30 88.25E 5E30)
http://www.astrosage.com/celebrity-horo ... -chart.asp

Tagore had Pisces rising with Jupiter lord of the Lagna exalted in the fifth in exchange with the fifth lord Moon which was placed in the Lagna in the nakshatra of Mercury (both Jupiter and Moon are placed in the nakshatra of Mercury. ) Venus,  Mercury and Sun are conjoined in the second house. The Sun and Jupiter are exalted.

Mercury and Venus both key planets are placed in their own houses in the Navamsa. Venus is placed in the third from Navamsa Lagna, being the lord of the third and the tenth.

Here exalted Jupiter is Atmakaraka placed in the constellation of Mercury. Moon another key planet in Lagna is also placed in the constellation of Mercury. ( Moon in the Lagna is a strong combination for poets and writers and is found in the horoscopes of famous poets and writers like Bernard Shaw, Tennyson etc.).

Jupiter Atmakaraka is in Aquarius in the Navamsa and Mercury is placed in the fifth from it in Gemini.

The Jaminisutras by Maharishi Jamini ( Translation by B. Suryanarain Rao with Full Notes and Original Texts in Devanagari  and Transliteration) puts the emphasis on the placement of  planets like Jupiter, Venus, Mercury and the Moon in the Karakamsa,  and the fifth therefrom for writing ability and authorship.

Jaminisutra Adyaya 1 Pada 2 gives some important combinations.

Sutra 18 says 'when Guru joins Atmakaraka in Navamsa  ...... the person will have religious wisdom, .....will have good knowlege of Veda and will be a religious man.

Sutra 110 points that if Mercury joins the Karakamsa or the fifth from it he will shine as a Meemamsakaha (spiritual knowledge of a high order)..

Sutra 106 states if Guru joins Karakamsa or the fifth from it he will be an all round man will know many branches of knowledge and be author of various books.......a versatile genius. Again sutra 108 states that if Guru joins the Karakamsa or the fifth from it, the person becomes learned in grammar and Vedic literature. Here Jupiter is in Karakamsa as the Atmakaraka.

A literary icon he produced a vast body of work which included novels, essays, short stories, travelogues dramas and countless songs.  He was awarded the Nobel Prize for his collection of 103 poems 'Gitanjali' in 1913 the title of which has a strong devotional connotation. Many of the verses are prayers written in a tragic period in his life, when he lost many members of his family in quick succession. His unshaken faith in God is captured in the moving prose verses. 

Munshi Premchand (D.R. Srivastav) (born 31.7.1880 at 6.00 am at 83E0 25N20)                                                       

Here Moon Lagna lord is exalted in the 11th, and Mercury, (third lord) Sun, and Venus are in the Lagna in Cancer and Jupiter in the ninth house in its own house, aspecting the third house and third lord. Venus and Moon exchange signs. Mercury and Venus combine in the Lagna with the Moon in the eleventh from it.  Note the grouping of planets in the third from the Moon. This is a recurring feature in the horoscopes of many  writers.

In the Navamsa Venus is in Navamsa Lagna. Moon and Jupiter are in the third from Navamsa Lagna.

In the Navamsa, Jupiter and Moon in Pisces are in the Karakamsa.

Moon and Jupiter in Karakamsa is covered by 102 which states 'the person will become and author and live by writing books'

The Moon in the Karakamsa is also found in many cases and is covered by Sutra 112 ' 'clever in sankya sastra (enumeration and philosophical knowledge),  learned in language, poetry, drama and attendant subjects..

Sutras 18, 106 (if Guru joins the Karakamsa or the 5th from it, he will be an all round man and he will know many branches of knowledge will read in the sciences and author of various works he will be an all round genius) and 108 (If Guru joins in the Karakamsa or the fifth from it the person will be learned in Vyakarna or Grammer, Vedic Literature and Vedangas)

This is a formidable horoscope and reflects the almost iconic status that he had among his peers and fellow writers (he known as Upanyas Samrat or the King of Writers). He wrote about 12 novels, 250 short stories and  many translations of foreign writers were a part of his prodigious output. The planetary formations instilled in him a love of books and writing from a very young age.

Cont'd

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: WRITERS - Planetary Combinations and Dasas

Post by Haresh Kumar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Premchand contd.....He sold books for whole sellers, was a teacher, Deputy Inspector of Schools, established a printing press, and publishing house in Benares named the Saraswati Press, worked as a writer for films. He has written such classics as 'Godan' and 'Kafan'. Like many iconic writers he faced many vicissitudes in life including long periods of financial hardship, his status more elevated after his death.

Venus and Mercury prominent in horoscopes give intellect and charm. Under these influences writing and artistic talents, are usually dormant and find expression in the right environment or under fortuitous circumstances. In most cases there is a keen sense of appreciation of the spoken and the written word as well a taste for creative works of art, music and other forms of expression that falls within the ambit of these two planets. These two planets are friendly and artists and writers and others of the creative fraternity tend to interact with each other and find a common ground and resonance with one another.

The Rasis Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra are ruled respectively by Venus, Mercury, Moon, Sun, Mercury and Venus. Planets can be found placed predominantly in this zone in the zodiac in a great many horoscopes of writers. 

Sarat Chandra Chattopadyay ( born 15th September 1876 at 16.52.33 at Hoogly 88E22 22N56)

Saturn rises in Aquarius with Rahu (Rahu having a special resonance in this sign) an airy sign with Saturn Lagna lord in it and Jupiter placed in the midheaven. Moon and Venus are in Cancer. Sun and Mercury in Virgo. Moon (in the nakshatra of Mercury) and Mercury are placed in their own houses. Mercury is exalted and Vargottama. Mars the third lord is placed in the seventh and aspects the Lagna and the tenth. A majority of planets are placed in own or friendly houses adding vibrancy to the chart.

In Navamsa the Moon Atmakaraka is in Meenamsa or Pisces Navamsa the Moon therefore is the fifth lord from Atmakaraka in the first. Moon in Karakamsa is covered by Sutra 112. Mercury exalted in Virgo and vargottama in Navamsa aspects the Atmakaraka. (Jamini aspect)

Consistent with the position of Moon in Meenamsa and Jupiter's postion in the tenth aspecting the Moon in his natal chart, Sarat Chandra at one time was for a brief period a Sanyasi. His brother Swami Vedananda had a profound influence on him. However the influence of Saturn Mars and Rahu on the ascendant made him a realist, and his stories very often deal with stark and harsh realities of life. The extremely harmonious position of planets in the Rasi Chart and the placements of Saturn, Moon, Mercury, Sun and Jupiter made his works searingly honest and truly artistic.

Sarat Chandra achieved cult status in Bengal. His novels and stories like 'Devdas' and 'Parineeta' 'Swami'  'Majhli Didi' ' Bindoor Chele'  (made into 'Choti Bahu') 'Panditmashai' (made into 'Khushboo) have been made into immortal films, by brilliant directors like  Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Basu Chatterjee, Gulzar etc. His works have inspired more than 50 films, and his novel 'Devdas' itself has been made into 16 different versions in various languages . The first version by Pratmesh Barua starring K.L. Saigal, was in 1936, another version by Bimal Roy starring Dilip Kumar in 1955 and again in 2002 by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

Cont'd....

SoulLight
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SoulLight » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:33 am

Dear Haresh Kumarji,

When you say 5th from Karakamsa, do you mean 5th from Karakamsa in Birth chart or Navamsa chart?

Thanks!

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Haresh Kumar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:08 am

Hi,

There are actually two schools of thought for Karakamsa

(a) One follows the position of the Karakamsa in the Navamsa (first or fifth from Karakamsa in Navamsa chart).

and in the other case

(b)the position of Karakamsa in the Navamsa is 'relocated' to the Rasi Chart (first or fifth from Karakamsa in Rasi Chart).

The examples given here are that of (a) the position of Karakamsa in the Navamsa.( first or fifth from Karakamsa)

If (b) is taken (Karakamsa position 'relocated' in Rasi Chart) then .......

(i) there won't be any Karakamsa Yoga related to authorship (in this section) (though many combinations are there in Rasi and divisional charts) in the case of Tagore. (unless the Ayanamsa is changed and Jupiter Atmakaraka will move to Meenamsa).

However sutra 116 may apply ( the results ascribed for planetary positions in the 1st and the 5th from Karakamsa will also hold good for similar positions in the 2nd from Karakamsa).

(ii) In the case of Munshi Premchand Jupiter will be in Karakamsa ( sutra 18, 106 , 108) anyway with Mercury and Venus in the fifth from it. (sutra 110) (sutra 105) .

(iii) In the case of Sarat Chandra Karakamsa will be in Pisces with Moon and Venus in the fifth from it in the fifth from it. (Sutra 103, 105, 112 ).

Best regards

SoulLight
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SoulLight » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Thank you! Greatly appreciate your detailed explanation.

can you please predict effects of planets in Karakamsa Lagna in my Navamsa chart?
I also wonder how Meemamsakaha can fructify in my Navamsa chart? Like do you see Vimshottari Dasha or Char Dasha?
12-24-83, 16:20, 21:46N, 72:11 E.

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Haresh Kumar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi,

I am assuming 24.12.83 (IST) 16.20 are the birth details.

In your chart Venus is the Atmakaraka and Gemini is the Karakamsa.

In the Navamsa the Sun, Venus and Moon are conjoined in Gemini in the Karakamsa. Venus and Moon joined in the Navamsa is considered to be auspicious. In this case Sutras 112 103 105 is applicable. Mercury is in the fifth from Karakamsa for Sutra 110 also applies.

If the Karakamsa (Gemini) is relocated to the Rasi Chart you have Venus in the fifth in Libra in its own house so Sutra 105 is applicable.

From your Rasi (Moon sign) Venus (in own house) and Saturn (exalted) is in the third house.
Jupiter (again own house) is in the fifth.

Jupiter conjoins the Sun and aspects the Moon, in your Rasi that is good.

Your ascendant ruler is Venus and Moon sign ruler is Sun. These are creative plus points.

Again in D10 Venus and Merc are in the third.

You Lagna is vargottama and in the Navamsa, Rahu is in the 3rd. Rahu is exalted in the Rasi so that Dasa holds the key.

Prima facie there may have been some problems in Sun Dasa. Currently Saturn is in adverse transit to your Moon. According to your chart your luck should improve dramatically after the age of 40/45 or so.

I use Vimshottari Dasa and Chara though much more of the former. In your case as it is early days I would advise you to use both; and a bit of Yogini (its much easier to get adjusted in the early stages). It may be a bit ponderous in the beginning, but as you get proficient it will be easy and very useful. It is like using the smartphone or driving, practice makes you perfect, and many horizons open up.

Don't get bogged down by the rules, in the initial stages. Apply what is practical. Jot down your observations and use it. As you progress in your journey you will be able to appreciate the wisdom and genius of the ancients.

Best regards.

SoulLight
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SoulLight » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:46 am

Wow that was great analysis. Thank you so much!
I was reading all Sutras from http://veda.mn/Book/JCC/JAIMINI%20SUTRAS.pdf as you have highlighted above.

Can you please tell me why you said Merc and Venus in 3rd house in D-10 is important?

As there is Rashi Parivartan between 3rd and 6th lord in D-10 and 9th Lord and 10th lord - doesn't it create Dainya Yoga? Although 10th Lord Mars is Exalted in 9th but Saturn become Deb in 12th. And according to Dainya Yoga rules the Auspicious house gets damaged (i.e. 3rd although mild malefic and 9th). Please Let me know if I am analyzing it right.

You are to the point when you said Rahu holds the Key!! Currently going through Moon-Rahu Dasha and Rahu AD has compeletely made me Spritual and interested in Occult! Although its a worst period of my life as my Trishul Dashas On and as per Bhrigu all Dushtana houses have been activated and plus the Transits are unfav too!

Very excited to know how did you calculate 40-45 years age for my luck to improve dramatically? Did you predict from Vimshottari Dasha/ Narayana Dasha or Chara Dasha?
I am studying Narayana Dasha and have been analyzing past and current life events for proper predictions. Its interesting to go by Ashtak in Narayan Dasha chart. http://docs.rohinaa.com/narayandasa.pdf. Transits are also to be taken into consideration.
I am still having problems in Chara Dasha predictions as I am not able to find proper literature to study various combinations of Karakas. Say in Dec 2015 my Scorpio Dasha is starting. So my Ak goes in 12th house and GK in 10th. Although Dr. Neerajji helped me understand short term life events as how Leo, Aries, Capri and Libra ADs can see obstacles as its aspected by GK- Moon,
but say for eg. During Sc-Vir Dasha, Amk- Mars is activated in 11th house. Its lord posited in 2nd house activating BK, DK and PK. So how do you predict results for Sc ( Ketu) 1st H- Mars (Amk) 11th H- Jup (DK), Sun (PK), Mer (BK) ? That is where I get confused- how to predict?

Again Thanks somuch for all your patience and time. Greatly appreciate it!
SL

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Haresh Kumar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:56 am

Hi,

Venus and Mercury are the lord of the 1st and the 2nd and 5th conjoining in the third in the D10 chart. In the D10 chart the Ascendant (here Taurus) has an important bearing on profession. Exchange does not have much bearing on the D 10 as much as it has on D1. Moroever for Taurus Venus is more lord of the first than the sixth.

The sixth house influence of Venus and other planets well placed in the Rasi (Venus own house Saturn exalted) , Dasamsa (Venus in exchange with third lord and Venus (lord of the 1st) conjoining Mercury (lord of the 2nd and 5th) ) and the Navamsa (Lagna lord and Atmakaraka in Dhan Sthan (2nd house) with Sun and Moon ) indicates a well paying job with plenty of perks rather than an independent profession. It can also indicate handling a franchise or an outlet, working for someone on a retainer basis or as a syndicated columnist.

The proper book for Chara Dasa is 'Predicting Through Jamini's Chara Dasa' - An Original Research by Shri K.N. Rao. Mr. K.N. Rao needs no introduction and this is a very very good book, simple, concise, knowledgeable, very interesting and readable.

This book has been inspired by an Andhra astrologer named Vemuri Rama Murthy Shastri who was an authority on Chara Dasa and whose predictive principles Shri K.N. Rao has adopted. It is the best way to get acquainted with Chara Dasa. He has explained all the principles very lucidly and given very good illustrations. More than that there are very many articles of Shri K.N. Rao accessible on the net, where the principles enunciated in the book are put into practice. The true mark of a master is brevity and simplicity and this book shows how he can put so much within the compass of a book. Any departures made, have been enumerated by him, and once you learn the basics you can use any methodology you want. One good feature in Mr. K.N. Rao's books are that he avoids unnecessary jargon and gets straight to the point and enunciates principles that work very well in practice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current trends are not so good. Scorpio Chara will have transit Saturn in Scorpio so you should be careful. After Saturn leaves Scorpio in 2017 things will improve as transit Saturn will release its grip on your Leo Moon and your Chara Scorpio. Scorpio Chara has a strong Kethu so spirituality could be enhanced.

Libra Chara should be very good. A full 12 years. Libra has Atmakaraka in it in its own house and an exalted Saturn with Jupiter in the third from it with Sun and Mercury. In Vimshottari a greater part of Mars and Rahu Dasa should be very good. See the horoscope of Margaret Thatcher she had the same nakshatra as you and Mars and Rahu Dasas were very good. Her career picked up steam after her mid forties and Mars and Rahu Dasa's were very good. (She also had Moon in Leo, Saturn in Libra and Jupiter in Sagittarius).

I won't go into the nitty gritty but one hint. In the previous Chara Dasa's the good Sub Periods tend to repeat. If you have got some good professional development in one Sub period in another Chara Dasa it could repeat again in the current Chara Dasa and in future ones. So also the bad. Try it out in the past years.

In my opinion you should get a full grasp of Vimshottari and Chara before moving over to a third Narayana Dasa. It is better to go step by step, or there could be some overlap and confusion.

In my opinion Kalchakra Dasa is one which is worth learning later on. Yogini is also simple and easy to memorize.

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Haresh Kumar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:01 am

Ralph Waldo Emerson ( born 25th May 1803 at 15.15 (LMT) at Boston (MA) USA 42N21  71W03 : ZONE: ) 

Emerson had Virgo rising with Jupiter  in the first house aspecting  the Sun in the ninth  (the house of dharma, religion, philosophy and ethics) Mercury in the tenth house in Gemini his own house, Moon (again own house) and Mars in Cancer. Saturn in Leo and Venus in Aries. Here Mercury and Moon influences are dominant in sign and planets with Jupiter in the 5th from the Sun and 3rd from the Moon.

The ascendant in the Navamsa is Leo with Lagna lord Sun exalted in the ninth house. Venus lord of the third and the tenth is in the tenth. Saturn Atmakaraka is exalted in the third house . Jupiter is in Aquarius is in the fifth from Karakamsa. ( Sutras 106 and 108 of Jamini Sutras Adyaya 1 Pada 2 are applicable) . Moon, Mars and Mercury are in the fourth in Scorpio in the second from Karakamsa (Sutra 116 will apply). These are positions of planets are from the Karakamsa in Navamsa.

Known in the local literary circle as "The Sage of Concord," Emerson became the chief
spokesman for Transcendentalism, the American philosophic and literary movement. centered in New England during the 19th century.

He interacted and corresponded with iconic writers and poets of that time including William Wordsworth,  Samuel Coleridge, John Stuart Mills and Thomas Carlyle.

His literary output includes 16 volumes of Journals, 'Essays' , 'Essays Second series'.  The essays covered a wide range of philosophical and religious matters. (His Journals reveal that he was reading the Bhagavad Gita as well as Henry Thomas Colebrooks 'Essays on the Vedas' His own insight into these treatises can be gleaned from his essay ''Oversoul') . A widely traveled man he was in touch with the finest minds of his era, and was an inspiration to writers of the calibre of Walt Whitman and Henry Thoreau who was his protege.

Emerson's other volumes include Poems (1847), Representative Men, The Conduct of Life
(1860), and English Traits (1865) and The American Scholar (1837)

SoulLight
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SoulLight » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks so much for the Chara Book info and analysis of my chart!
Appreciate all your time and patience! :)
SL