Bhava / Chalit Chart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Bhava / Chalit Chart

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Learned Members

Most of the notes on the Bhava / Chalit Chart can be found in the net. Here are some of the points I have collated. Note that BPHS advocates using the Lagna mid-point method for the Bhava / Chalit chart ie. 15 degrees before and 15 degrees after the Lagna. And then all houses follow this mid-point.

The Bhava / Chalit chakra method using the KP Placidus System is mixing Sidereal and Tropical signs which is not correct. Sidereal signs show the person's soul and Hindi Astrology is oriented towards that. Tropical Astrology is more on the personality.

The 3rd method of the Bhava / Chalit chakra using reference points from the Ascendant and the Mid-heaven was not mentioned in BPHS.

Using the Bhava / Chalit chakra, you can see my Jupiter's ruling the 8th of inner spiritual energy has been most profitably made use of for 9th house matters since Jupiter now sits on the 9th for the Bhava Chalit Chakra of D-1. This is the same for Navamsa as well.

Here are the notes
-----------------------

(1) The combinations that are used for interpretations are – rashi chart along with divisional charts on one hand and bhava charts on other hand. We never mix divisional charts with bhava chart. Planets influence a chart based on the bhava they are situated in. Rule of thumb – if an interpretation system works only with planets and houses and not signs, you can safely assume that it is working with the chalit chart and not the rashi chart. However, the aspects of planets on other planets are always studied from rashi chart. Similarly exaltation/debilitation of planets is again studied only from the rashi chart. Manglik Dosha is studied partly from bhava chart (e.g. statements like Mars causes dosha if situated in 7th house) and partly from rashi chart. When looking for exceptions (e.g. Mars in Simha, i.e. in the sign of a friend does not cause dosha), we should see the rashi chart. Normally, bhava chart and rashi chart would agree with each other. However, if the Ascendant or planets’ degree is closer to multiple of 30, there may be differences between the charts. It is always interesting to see if a planet has moved from one house to another from rashi chart to chalit chart. This explains a lot of times why a yoga that is so obvious in rashi chart does not fructify in real life.

To be continued.....

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bhava / Chalit Chart

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:35 am

(2) "Please use Bhav Chalit chart if you want to understand the houses. Natal chart is used for understanding planets."

"The way you read VE in bhav chalit is " VE is in 7th but still in aries" i.e the house changes but the planet retains it's sign from natal rashi chart. Essentially VE brings martian energy into 7th- i.e driven for sex OR wife brings money for your business after marriage. "

"Bhav Chalit is used for predicting the house results. Signs in rashi chart are used for transit analysis and for tallying divisional chart. e.g VE is in 8th in Aries in rashi chart, so VE will behave very impulsive( not good ) - it means you express love by being impulsive ( martian nature ) which is not always desired. Now, lets move to Bhav chalit where your VE is in 7th( moved from 8th to 7th esssentially ) - therefore VE gets modified in 7th house by fusing the qualities of VE in aries( as well as scorpionic qualites by being in 8th ). Same thing with your JU and other planets that move to diff houses in Bhav chalit."

"I use bhav chalit chart for house delineation."

"When you use houses please uses bhav chalit. Bhave chalit will tell you which houses are impacted due to placement of planets while delineating dasa. When you look into divisional charts/aspects use natal chart."

"JU will give the results of 12th house. the characterisitc will come from the SIGN in 1st house. You need to be a bit careful here. Suppose you have JU is in 10th in natal chart( good ) but moves to 9th in bhav chalit( bad -because 9th is 12th to 10th house- loss of job ) , on the other hand if JU is in 9th and moves to 10th in bhav chalit then it's very positive"

(3) Should aspects also not be considered for bhava chalit because aspects modify house results?

For bhava chalit, aspects are not considered. It’s clear just see Rashi chart for sign and aspects and Chalilt chart for house position. VE aspects 2nd house and not 1st.

For yogas, I think natal chart is studied and not Bhava Chalit. Jhora 7.4 software also doesn’t show bhav chalet for yogas. Natal Chart is the main chart as all other charts are derived from it for fine tuning the details. Natal Chart / Rashi – D-1 is the tree while Navamsha – D-9 is the fruit.

Note that (2) and (3) are from one source and (1) is from another source.

In terms of divisional chart consideration, go for the advice for (1) ie. divisional charts can have their own Bhava / Chalit charts too, but just be sure you do not mix the two systems (Rasi chart with its divisional charts on the one hand and the various corresponding Bhava Chalit Charts on the other hand, together).

Best Regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 am

But note a word of caution from one of the gurus in Sanjay Rath camp :

The Bhāva chakra is drawn with reference to the Lagna degree and spans fifteen degrees before and after the specific degree, regardless of the boundaries of the Rāśis. Herein we define the first use of this chakra, namely that it disregards the creation that God has founded. Therefore also the use of the Bhāva chakra is a self-centric view of the universe from the perspective of the individual but it is not true as it disregards what God has created... the Rāśis.

Draw all the following house boundaries the same way that you did the boundaries of the Lagna. With this you may get a completely new chart, where the Grahas may fall in a Bhāva before or after the initial placement. If the Lagna is closer to the middle of the sign (fifteen degrees) the differences between the Bhāva chakra and the Bhava chakra (again notice the short a) may not exist. This leads us to the second definition of the Bhāva chakra. The close the Lagna is to the beginning or end of the sign, the more the personal perception of the native differs from the actual reality indicated in the Rāśis. This is due to a flaw in the natives intelligence from past lives, and can be corrected by reciting the Gayatri Mantra. Hence this is the best remedy for all flaws in the intelligence. For this reason also the placement of the Lagna in Sandhi or Gaṇḍānta is considered highly inauspicious.

As a difference exists between the perception and reality in this case, the native due to their perception may act in a way which is detrimental towards other aspects of their life.

He went onto say reciting the Gyanti Mantra would close the gap between the Rasi chart and the Bhava Chalit Chakra chart.

My personal opinion is that I always go for BPHS.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

From the web I also found out that Bhava Chalit Chakra the concept came only after 1100 AD. As the person is all for going for the teachings of the ancient sages, he discount the Bhava Chalit Chakra chart off hand. But then how do you account that BPHS endorse it? So will stick with BPHS.

But that same person also said that the reading of the Navamsa as an independent chart also came after 1100 AD. Now that one I am not sure whether BPHS endorse that or nto?

But going by logic you can because the 9th house to House A supports House A.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 pm

So the ONLY OUTSTANDING question remains :

Can reciting the Gyantri mantra lessen the divergence of the planets' placements between the Rasi Chart and the Bhava Chalit Chakra chart?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi

The Bavat Chalit Chart is therefore used to show how on his way to achieving God's path for him, what are the means available to him. This chart is therefore only an ancillary chart to the Rasi Chart.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 am

very well researched and an excellent write-up
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 am

Khoo Hock Leong wrote: He went onto say reciting the Gyanti Mantra would close the gap between the Rasi chart and the Bhava Chalit Chakra chart.

Great post, but what is Gyanti Mantra?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 am

It is a mantra to the Sun. The Sun is the overall significator of all the signs in the Rasi Chart. It represents the soul.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Dear Anxious,

Khoo is only referring to the gayatri mantra.....May be a spelling mistake..

Regards
Ramanan

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 pm

hello khoo sir very nicely you done the research and have put the article sir. one point is that you have told that KP style of Bhava chart is a wrong. But if this is the case then KP system is only wrong. KP Placidus System is mixing Sidereal and Tropical signs which is not correct. personally if I have to tell means I am agree with you that I am not finding the logic of using the Nakshatra (Vedic system) but using placidus system and mixing tropical sidereal signs.

sir now you told
by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Jun 2013 02:05
(2) "Please use Bhav Chalit chart if you want to understand the houses. Natal chart is used for understanding planets."
"Bhav Chalit is used for predicting the house results.
"I use bhav chalit chart for house delineation."
sir can you please be able to explain with one simple example sir? I am giving one link of article written by respected Vaughn Paul sahib. please see

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 022809.htm

in this article sir has told
So what shows all this involvement and humanitarian concern for children? In 2001, she was in her Venus-Moon dasha, and the Moon is not only the caregiver and mother, but it's conjunct the 5th lord Mars, and karaka of the 5th house, Jupiter. The Moon is also in the compassionate sign of Pisces, and its association with Jupiter enhances this quality of compassion and charity. In addition, this takes place in the 9th house representing one's ideals and beliefs, and Mars there (in the 9th house) means that she will fight to defend her beliefs and these are centered around human rights issues of children.
if we take sripathi house division with lagna reference to be the middle of the first house (recommended by you) the following is came

House Start Cusp End Planets in it

1st 18 Ge 34' 40.06" 5 Cn 24' 44.34" 18 Cn 34' 40.06" As, Ve, Sa
2nd 18 Cn 34' 40.06" 1 Le 44' 35.79" 14 Le 54' 31.52"
3rd 14 Le 54' 31.52" 28 Le 04' 27.24" 11 Vi 14' 22.97"
4th 11 Vi 14' 22.97" 24 Vi 24' 18.70" 11 Li 14' 22.97"
5th 11 Li 14' 22.97" 28 Li 04' 27.24" 14 Sc 54' 31.52" Ra
6th 14 Sc 54' 31.52" 1 Sg 44' 35.79" 18 Sg 34' 40.06"
7th 18 Sg 34' 40.06" 5 Cp 24' 44.34" 18 Cp 34' 40.06"
8th 18 Cp 34' 40.06" 1 Aq 44' 35.79" 14 Aq 54' 31.52"
9th 14 Aq 54' 31.52" 28 Aq 04' 27.24" 11 Pi 14' 22.97"
10th 11 Pi 14' 22.97" 24 Pi 24' 18.70" 11 Ar 14' 22.97" Mo, Ma, Ju
11th 11 Ar 14' 22.97" 28 Ar 04' 27.24" 14 Ta 54' 31.52" Ke
12th 14 Ta 54' 31.52" 1 Ge 44' 35.79" 18 Ge 34' 40.06" Su, Me

sir can you please explain how to analyze this same case using bhava chalit chart. thank you in advance.

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

same way sir another chart I will give. please kindly explain how to use bhava chart sir in this case

http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=452

what respected K N Rao sahib has told with regarding mrs Margaret
Rahu Mahasasha
Rahu in Karka in kendra or trikona
Anyone who knows astrology can see why the Rahu mahadasha of Mrs. Thatcher had to be the best period of her life. Rahu is in Karka in the tenth house like Mahatma Gandhi’s, also Tula lagna with Rahu in the tenth house but with Moon. Rahu in Karka has been praised by Maharshi Parashara and we know that Sri Atal Behari Vajpai with Vrischika lagna and Rahu in Karka also rose high and became the prime minister of India in this period.17 Sept 1972 to 1990

Mrs. Thatcher fell as soon as this mahadasha was over. In the Jupiter mahadasha she was sent to the House of Lords.
Mrs Thatcher died on 8 April 2013 in Saturn Ketu Ketu. Those who believe in the superstition called Kaal Sarpa Yoga should see that it was in the mahadasha of Rahu and she became the prime minister of England twice. And for those scoundrels of astrologers (one of them even said that there is Kaal Sarpa Yoga in Jaimini !!) it will be a lesson in astrology to study this horoscope of George Bush also with a similar combination and he became the president of USA twice.
as per KNRao sahib Rahu is in10th house. but in bhava chalit chart Rahu is in the 9th house.

1st 10 Li 34' 11.08" 22 Li 28' 24.48" 10 Sc 34' 11.08" As, Ve, Sa
2nd 10 Sc 34' 11.08" 28 Sc 39' 57.68" 16 Sg 45' 44.28"
3rd 16 Sg 45' 44.28" 4 Cp 51' 30.88" 22 Cp 57' 17.48" Ju, Ke
4th 22 Cp 57' 17.48" 11 Aq 03' 04.08" 22 Aq 57' 17.48"
5th 22 Aq 57' 17.48" 4 Pi 51' 30.88" 16 Pi 45' 44.28"
6th 16 Pi 45' 44.28" 28 Pi 39' 57.68" 10 Ar 34' 11.08"
7th 10 Ar 34' 11.08" 22 Ar 28' 24.48" 10 Ta 34' 11.08"
8th 10 Ta 34' 11.08" 28 Ta 39' 57.68" 16 Ge 45' 44.28"
9th 16 Ge 45' 44.28" 4 Cn 51' 30.88" 22 Cn 57' 17.48" Ra,
10th 22 Cn 57' 17.48" 11 Le 03' 04.08" 22 Le 57' 17.48" Mo,
11th 22 Le 57' 17.48" 4 Vi 51' 30.88" 16 Vi 45' 44.28" Ma
12th 16 Vi 45' 44.28" 28 Vi 39' 57.68" 10 Li 34' 11.08" Su, Me

how to reconcile this difference sir? thank you in advance.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 pm

I have not really much time so let's say we look at MY Rasi chart and Bhava Chalit Chakra chart.

The difference in planetary positions are :

Rasi - Mars in10th, Jupiter in 8th and Moon in 7th

Bahava Chalit Chakra - Mars in 11th, Jupiter in 9th and Moon in 8th.

Mars in 11th in BC shows I work for a good income and like to rebut others using my intelligence (Mercury associates with Mars in 11th). Mars in 10th in RC shows while working towards increasing my income, I fulfil my obligations in having a job well done.

Jupiter in 9th in BC shows that I live on cloud nine and seldom are aware other people's motives. 9th promotes 2nd so the motives are always work out afresh. But Jupiter in 8th in BC shows other people's motives play a large part in my well-being, although because the planet is Jupiter, the dependence is still slight.

Moon in 8th in BC and waning and in a day birth and Sun more than 30 degrees away from the Moon, conduces to good protection. So I am seldom harmed. But Moon in 7th in RC shows eventually I come out king because the Moon is angular to no less than 3 planets in Digbala in Kendra (including Jupiter besides Mars and Saturn because Rahu sits in 1st and disposits the nakshatra Jupiter is placed in but excluding Mercury because Mercury although in digbala since it is in the Lagna Lord's (Moon) nakshatra but it is not situated in kendra; Venus does not count because that is my own concept). Mars and Jupiter can be argued to be Mahapursha Yoga too.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:30 am

by Khoo Hock Leong » 17 Jun 2013 14:01
I have not really much time so let's say we look at MY Rasi chart and Bhava Chalit Chakra chart.

The difference in planetary positions are :

Rasi - Mars in10th, Jupiter in 8th and Moon in 7th

Bahava Chalit Chakra - Mars in 11th, Jupiter in 9th and Moon in 8th.

Mars in 11th in BC shows I work for a good income and like to rebut others using my intelligence (Mercury associates with Mars in 11th). Mars in 10th in RC shows while working towards increasing my income, I fulfil my obligations in having a job well done.

Jupiter in 9th in BC shows that I live on cloud nine and seldom are aware other people's motives. 9th promotes 2nd so the motives are always work out afresh. But Jupiter in 8th in BC shows other people's motives play a large part in my well-being, although because the planet is Jupiter, the dependence is still slight.

Moon in 8th in BC and waning and in a day birth and Sun more than 30 degrees away from the Moon, conduces to good protection. So I am seldom harmed. But Moon in 7th in RC shows eventually I come out king because the Moon is angular to no less than 3 planets in Digbala in Kendra (including Jupiter besides Mars and Saturn because Rahu sits in 1st and disposits the nakshatra Jupiter is placed in but excluding Mercury because Mercury although in digbala since it is in the Lagna Lord's (Moon) nakshatra but it is not situated in kendra; Venus does not count because that is my own concept). Mars and Jupiter can be argued to be Mahapursha Yoga too.

Best Regards
Hock Leong
sir kindly dont mistake me please - but other than you there are other billions of peoples in the world sir. we must be able to use this bhava chalit concept theory on others also no? other than you - we must be able to use this concept on two other fellow humans at least? you are having time to do the research and put so much matters on bhava chalit chart. you had time for that but you did not have time to test this on any other chart other than yours? i asked two simple questions you are not having time. but for your horoscope again you are spending the time. please see others horoscope and see if this bhava chalit chart concept is fitting. then we can have healthy discussion. simply if you take only yours horoscope can we be able to say that bhava chart is coming correct? please tell. so you are telling respected Vaughn Paul and K N Rao sahib is wrong? they analysed horoscope on 1 rasi 1 bhava basis. are they a wrong persons? also please dont you tell that it is working for you. if it works for you - then it must work for all.

anyway you are good persons so we will discuss yours chart ok. yours data is

june 22 1962
9:02
time zone 8:00 (east of GMT)
singapore

as per sripathi bhava chart with ascendent as middle of the first house

1st 19 Ge 48' 21.69" 4 Cn 11' 03.77" 19 Cn 48' 21.69" As, Ve, Ra
7th 19 Sg 48' 21.69" 4 Cp 11' 03.77" 19 Cp 48' 21.69" Sa, Ke
8th 19 Cp 48' 21.69" 5 Aq 25' 39.62" 21 Aq 02' 57.55" Mo, Ju
9th 21 Aq 02' 57.55" 6 Pi 40' 15.47" 22 Pi 17' 33.40"
11th 22 Ar 17' 33.40" 6 Ta 40' 15.47" 21 Ta 02' 57.55" Ma, Me
12th 21 Ta 02' 57.55" 5 Ge 25' 39.62" 19 Ge 48' 21.69" Su

as per equal houses - ascendant is the middle of the first house -

1st 19 Ge 10' 11.79" 4 Cn 10' 11.79" 19 Cn 10' 11.79" As, Ve, Ra
7th 19 Sg 10' 11.79" 4 Cp 10' 11.79" 19 Cp 10' 11.79" Sa, Ke
8th 19 Cp 10' 11.79" 4 Aq 10' 11.79" 19 Aq 10' 11.79" Mo
9th 19 Aq 10' 11.79" 4 Pi 10' 11.79" 19 Pi 10' 11.79" Ju
11th 19 Ar 10' 11.79" 4 Ta 10' 11.79" 19 Ta 10' 11.79" Ma, Me
12th 19 Ta 10' 11.79" 4 Ge 10' 11.79" 19 Ge 10' 11.79" Su

am i correct sir?

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 am

Hello Khoo Ji,

I agree totally with Howzat. You post many informative and long posts on this forum after carrying out your research. However, knowledge only remains as knowledge until it is applied in practical terms, and this particularly applies to astrology. Therefore it would be more helpful if you could back up your research with some examples based on other people's charts.
Warm Regards

Rita

Ioreoea
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ioreoea » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Just to clarify the topic in regards to Sanjay Raths camp. The bhava chakra is what the person thinks they are. What they are is actually the rashi chart. They STRONGLY emphasize know who the person think they are and try to lead them back to their rashi chart understanding of themselves, as who they think they are will be creating problems for them in their life when they are behaving as if a planet is in a certain house what it is really not that way in the truth of their life. They also calculate a separate chart called bhava chalit chakra which tells even different information from this and gives more information from how society is shaping a person. I don't have time, nor is it my place to go into all details here but the stuff works brilliantly when you know how the use it. I highly suggest pursuing his teachings if you want to know Parasara from the ground up, a lot of other people are throwing darts in comparison.

karan1985

Post by karan1985 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Dear Sir,
I born on 18 july 1985 at 11.35 am in tiruchirappalli. My 11th place sun moon mars moving back to 10th house, so how it shows the effect?
Thanks

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 am

Are new aspects taken into account if they are made by a planet changing houses in the Bhava/Chalit chart?

example: a chart with planets in the 11th, and one in the 6th.
the one in the 6th moves into the 5th in the BCchart, would it's mutual aspects to those in 11 come into effect somewhat?

also Khoo, I thought you said you were Gemini rising now?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi GNE
I think the understanding is that the Bhava Chalit chart throws up certain circumstances that make you think like it‘s your real chart placement͵ whereas the Rashi chart still remains the true picture of your planetary placements͵ including aspects as well. In my case I have LL Jupiter in Taurus in the 6H. In Bhava chart it moves to 5H. True to bhava placement͵ in his dasha Jup has given me plenty of circumstances suiting his placement in 5H in Taurus͵ while his aspects need to be seen as played on 10H͵ 12 H and 2H.

prakhs123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prakhs123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Excellent Article! Welldone!