KETU - MAHADASHA

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: KETU - MAHADASHA

Post by Saindhavi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:16 am

Not good for career and overall materialistic growth.

Intuitive powers and a desire to forsake materialistic pursuits will grow.

Wear pearl 4.5 carats set in silver and pray to Ganesha daily.

Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

jelly29
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jelly29 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi
Even I am scared ..my ketu mahadasha is going to start in 2018..how will it go ? Does ketu dasha mandatorily gives disillusionment?
My dob is 30june 1984
20:25
Pob : dibrugarh

Jelly

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Jelly,

Don't worry about your Ketu MD. Ketu is exalted in the 11th house in your chart, and its dispositor, Mars, is in the 10th house, so the period will go well for you. It will give you gains, successes, achievements, honours, and it will be good career wise also for you. Ketu is in the nakshatra of Saturn, which is the asendant and second lord in the 10th house, so again that shows career and wealth for you. The Saturn-Mars connection with Ketu and both the planets being placed in the 10th house can give some tension in work life, though.

Ketu's dispositor, Mars, the 4th lord, being connected with the 2nd lord Saturn, some gains from property is possible. Mars as 4th lord aspecting 4th house can mean buying a new house.

Now, seeing it from another perspective, as Ketu is a planet of detachment and isolation, and Saturn also kind of signifies something similar, the Ketu period can make you feel isolated and detached to some extent. You can get detached from your friends, too, as 11th house is the house of friends. But overall Ketu MD will be very good for you, so don't worry about it.

Basab
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:19 am

Hi Basab

How are you? I have a question about my KETU dasha too - it will start after my MERCURY dasha which will close in 2017
My details are:- 6 June 1950 5:10 am Oxford UK - don't forget BST minus 1 hour.

Thanks ever so much

Ann

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Hello Ann,

I am fine. How are you? It's been so long since we last talked. Tell me what you want to know about your Ketu MD?

Basab

P.S. I am getting Taurus ascendant for your chart. That is correct, right?
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Basab

I am doing fine - still learning though - it really is a very difficult subject to grasp - so complicated. Yes my ascendant is TAURUS. KETU is in my 5th house with MARS which I have read KETU is very MARS like too. So a very MARTIAN type 5th house then. I was wondering how the two would play out and how this would affect me, relationships,finances, etc Is KETU dignified in my chart or debilitated? I understand MARS is friendly with MERCURY the ruler of the 5th house so the house dignity should be good is this right? I have also read that KETU is a separative planet so I was wondering what I would get separated from. I suppose it really hinges on the meaning of the 5th house to me - I don't have kids so that's not it - could we say its 12th to the 6th (disease) so there could be trouble ahead as far as health goes I suppose. Its no good guessing - please shed some light for me.Could you also tell me when it will kick in - I think 2018 but it could be wrong.

Ann

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi Ann,

I agree with you that astrology is a difficult subject to master. The planets never makes it easy when it comes to knowing their secrets.

Coming to your chart, yes, Ketu acts like Mars, so you have a very fiery kind of personality, maybe. You should be aggressive and dominating and bold and independent. In your Ketu MD, you can expect to have fiery temper and aggressive behaviour as these planets are in the 5th house of mind. It could be a disturbing period, too, from an emotional perspective.

Ketu being with 7th lord, Mars, you can expect something significant happening in your married life, whether good or bad, that is difficult to say. But yes, Ketu can mean detachment in the marriage relation, something like that. Or maybe, it can give a feeling of isolation, as Ketu, the planet of isolation, is with the 12th lord of isolation, Mars, in your chart.

Ketu acts like its dispositor, which is Mercury here. Mercury as 2nd and 5th lord in the 12th house, some losses are possible, and health issues can be there, too.

Ketu is neither dignified nor debiliated in your chart. It is so-so, I will say. Mars and Mercury are not friends at all, so Ketu's placement in the house of Mercury is not that good.

Ketu can give some health issues being with 12th lord, and being in the 8th from the Moon. That's all I can say. It's difficult to be more definitive than that.

It is difficult to say when one will die. Only very highly skilled astrologers can predict that. I am not that good. And if I could predict that also, I wouldn't have because predicting someone's death is not something one should do, I believe.

Basab

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 am

Hi Basab

"Ketu can give some health issues being with 12th lord, and being in the 8th from the Moon. That's all I can say. It's difficult to be more definitive than that"

That was really informative - thank you - can you tell me when the Ketu dasha will start please. Yes I know the rule of predicting death on the forums - I wasn't really asking that unless of course that's what Ketu means - as above - in my chart or have I misunderstood again!!

Ann

jelly29
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jelly29 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 am

Thanks Basab

Will share my experiences once this dasha sets in

Jelly

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi Ann,

Your Ketu MD will start in July 2020. About death, as I said before, a very fine astrologer can only predict it, and it is better not to think about it.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Welcome, Jelly. I will be glad to get a feedback.

Basab

Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Ann » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:29 am

Hi Basab

Thanks for your reply - nice to speak to you again

Ann

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:24 am

You are welcome, Ann. It was nice to speak to you, too.

Basab

ramsai.atluri
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by ramsai.atluri » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 am

I had Ketu in 2nd house with Moon and mars in scorpio in Anuradha nakshatra. I completed the Ketu dasha Last year and just when the dasha was starting i moved away from my family to a foreign land. Although completed my masters and had stable jobs through out the dasha i was always disturbed for some reason and worried. I Became spiritual when the dasha was ending. Faced little tough time during the last six months of the dasha.

From my experience Ketu is trying to teach us difficulties of life which will make us strong but where ever ketu sits or aspects we wont be much attached to those things. So, those things comes by default.

akanakag

Re: KETU - MAHADASHA + Sade Sati - My experiences

Post by akanakag » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:55 am

Hello All,

I am running Ketu Dasha since start of 2009 (Raman Ayanamsha). Sade Sati also on.

DOB: 07th Sept 1970
Time: 7:55 AM
Place: Bangalore

Initially, it gave job promotion (however, new position with lots of tension & conflict). Lots of interaction with Foreigners (Europeans). Conflict at work. From 2010 to start of 2013 was really bad. Lots of isolation and betrayal by friends and colleagues. Not good relations with Boss. Boss Mistrusts.

Starting Mid 2012, steering clear of conflicts by keeping quiet and taking on work where conflict chances are less; But that is making chances of career progress less. Still facing isolated. Faced loss of position in career (much smaller team + much smaller scope of influence). Some humiliation as well. Felt lots of Anger.

Other key events: Birth of Son in October 2010; Mother fell ill about 2 months after birth of son. Ill health in Family. Mother fell ill for a longer duration causing tension. Wife fell ill with slipped disk.

Late 2013 and early 2014 has been better with some success in career and some recognition.

My QUESTIONS: I have heard that the 2nd half of Ketu is better than the first. I am in middle with Ketu Dasa / Saturn Bhukti (Early 2015). Will the rest of Ketu be OK ? What to expect in Ketu Dasa / Merc Bhukti ?

-- How do we explain the good start of Ketu period ? Are others key results

Regards,

Virgo Tired.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 am

Hi akanakag, Ketu Maha Dasha was bad because of Ketu"s placement in enemy house of sun , i.e 12th house.

I agree that mid half of 2012 was bad. Sun Bhukti was difficult .

Mercury and Jupiter Bhukti should be okay. I am using Lahiri Ayanamsa.....Saturn Bhukti starts from October 2015.....It could be troublesome.

Any problems with progeny ???

Venus Maha Dasha will bring Positive change in your life.

akanakag

Post by akanakag » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Karthik1984,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Ketu has been mostly a struggle -- with very strong & powerful enemies. If you remember the Virgo lagna was in Papakarthari for a very long time in 2012, with Mars in Leo for about 8 months. That was the hardest.

Progeny: No, No issues. I have 3 beautiful children. 2 Daughters born in Mercury Dasha, and a son born in October 2010. It just has been quite tiring sometimes with 3 kids, but I think all families face that with young kids.

My issue has been primarily with profession - with very strong enemies - and very little support from others. I feel a deep sense of loss when very well thought out ideas are not accepted by senior leadership. And it includes a strong sense of isolation. (Externally - the profession is good. Good position & Money). I want independence strongly; but not getting it resulting in feeling of lower power.

Question: Why is professional standing being challenged ? If you use Raman Ayanamsa, Moon is in about 1 degree scorpio. So I used to assume that I am seeing challenges because Ketu is 10th from Moon. But if you use Lahiri, Moon is in late Libra. So how to explain the challenges in Profession ?

Enemies: I have read that strong malefic aspect on 6th house (like in my case with Sun, Mars and Ketu who are both natural and functional malefics) aspecting 6th house -- Why am I losing to the enemies since 2009 ?

NOTE for your reference: An investment made in 2009 gave me a large sum of money in end 2011 & early 2012 -- with realized benefits in cash.

Many thanks for looking into my Ketu Dasha. I have found it very interesting.

Hope it helps our learned members understand Ketu Dasha better.

Regards,

Virgo Tired.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi akanakag , in 6th house Rahu is heavily afflicted. It has maximum damaging aspects on other planets as well other enemy planets like Sun , Mars are aspecting Rahu . So rahu is in bad shape and it has given maximum number of enemies. Also 6th house Lord Saturn is debilitated in 8th house, so less strength of 6th house. Had Rahu been unaffected, then You would have pulverized your enemies. :)

You are lucky not to have Rahu Maha Dasha in your life ......Rahu is like a drunkard ......What a drunkard needs ?? He needs alcohol, other wise he creates havoc......If he gets alcohol , he gets peace. If rahu is in good position , then he gives good things , if he is in bad position then he creates maximum havoc . I personally have experienced his wrath.

Regarding children Saturn the 5th house lord is debilitated , it should have caused problems but you are lucky as saturn aspects its own house of 5th house. So maximum strength to 5th house.

Isolation is related to Ketu"s placement in 12th house.

I was wondering how end of 2011 and start of 2012 can be damaging, as Venus bhukti is quite strong. You have confirmed it now by saying that you have got good financial rewards.

Career wise you are facing enemy problems in this ketu Maha dasha as both Rahu and ketu are afflicted and both have turned their tables on you.

Mercury the 10th house lord is retrograde and moreover it is in between leo and virgo.......So career wise smooth flow will not be there. But still , you have achieved good things in your career. That is a plus point.

Better period comes in Venus Maha Dasha.

akanakag

Post by akanakag » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Many thanks Karthik for your detailed analysis. I personally cannot wait for Venus to start !

Regards

meena08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by meena08 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi All,

Kindly look into my chart and analyse how my ketu MD is going to affect my professional, married life and life in general in the next 7 yrs ? I am already running Ketu MD and my ketu is placed in 8th house of Capricorn.

DOB : 28 Aug 1980
TOB : 2.15 AM
POB : Chittur, Palghat, Kerala, India.

I am already feeling isolated in groups and also feeling lonely always. I request the learned members to throw some light on this.

Thanks,
Meena.

meena08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by meena08 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am running my Ketu Mahadasha and Rahu Antardasha now. Can anyone please tell me how this is going to be ? As I heard from lot other articles that Rahu antardasha in Ketu MD will turn your life upside down. I have my Ketu in 8th house and Rahu in 2nd house. I am posting my details here.

Date of birth : 28 August 1980
Place of Birth : chittur, Palghat, Kerala.
Time of Birth : 2.15 AM

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Meena.

hemant0285

Post by hemant0285 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm

I am in a similar situation.. Ketu MD, Rahu AD... Rahu in 3rd house Ketu in 9th... already facing a lot of detachement and frustration. Please guide as to how the next AD of Jupiter, & Saturn IN Ketu MD will give results.
DOB: 02-Dec-1985 TOB: 11:34 AM Guwahati Assam