10th house or 5-11 Axis that gives Professional Success?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

10th house or 5-11 Axis that gives Professional Success?

Post by shilpa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:38 am

10th House vs. 5-11 Axis for Professional Success

--The tenth is the house of reputation, prestige, honor, status, power authority, coming from career.
It is never stated that day to day job matters and overall career success is seen from this house.
And yet we( or at least I used to for a long time) look at this house as the primary house for all job / career matters

And often times I have found the 10th house not reflect the day to day or month / annual fluctuations in one’s job.

--on the contrary 6th house reflects more the travails and traumas of a salaried man’s monthly/ annual rise and fall…as 6th is the house of vocation / services that is more representative for such purposes than the 10th.

--the 10th indicates overall tendencies of a man to gain professional status, position, leadership roles, recognition and fame from leadership roles.
The strength of 10th give in my view fame , recognition, power authority to a successful career….."the icing on the cake".

The strong 10th in a house-wife’s case for example shows a lot of derived power / fame / recognitions because of the husband’s social positions and successs. If we had access to Neeta Ambani’s chart we would probably find a very strong 10th house there…for example and argument sake.

--the cake itself i.e BIG Professional success comes neither from the 10th ( house of leadership power and authority) nor the 6th ( day to day travails of a salaried worker)…but rather the 5-11 AXIS in my view.

--5th is a trinal house also called Laxmisthan…which stands for wealth and it’s a natural Dhansthan…..and as a house it stands for fortune, purva-punya ( ie rewards from previous life good deeds), natural intelligence, wisdom / intellect creativity and gains of wealth from those creative pursuits.
There is no other house that offers gains / wealth through a combination of good luck and usage of creative skills and wisdom that a native possesses other than the 5th house.

--11th is another dhansthan….not a trinal house( it has some negative significations also) but a house of monetary gains through professional endeavors and self-earned income, Income, gains, long-term desires, profits, all articles, prosperity, fulfillment of material wishes and desires .

--In our Vedic astrology charts are more influenced by the strength of axis than standalone houses.

And there is no other axis that has 2 houses of wealth on it. And when you have planets on an axis i.e in association with each other…….their strengths just do not add up but multiplies.
And the combined power of 5-11 axis means wealth / income/ good fortune/ creative skills and an ability to derive material success and income and wealth through ones own creative skills in an environment of good fortune.

--Many successful natives will have invariably a strong 5-11 axis Bill Gates, Mukesh Ambani, Amitabh Bacchan, Albert Einstien, Modi (scorpio lagna), and you can look in public domain for a correlation between super successful entrepreneurs, performer’s celebrities and the strength of 5-11 axis

--if Sun or 10th house is strong in addtion to the strong 5-11 axis.... it gives them power authority dominating positions…..and if either of them is too strong added to 5-11 strength……it gives them despotic / dictatorial powers look at Hitler / Saddam…strong 5-11 axis PLUS very strong Sun and / or 10th house.

--also a strong 10th with a weak 5-11 axis gives idealistic governmental senior officers type individuals who have positions but do not make too much money.
Because 10th is 12th (house of losses) to the 11th…..impedes the ability to generate wealth..
And 10th is 7th from the 5th house means……strong 10th without a strong 5th…..person is doing more good to his spouse / partners in business or those dependent than himself.

Look out for the 5-11 axis in charts of know people and validate for yourself would me my suggestions to the readers

regards

PS* after the 5-11 axis the next good one is the 4-10 axis IMO..... gives a strong stable life full of purpose
followed by the 1-7 axis.....peace and health if strong.
(subjects for another article for later)
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 10th house or 5-11 Axis that gives Professional Success?

Post by USR » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:46 am

6th and 10th for professional success, not thinking about gains or high salary.
Adding 2nd and 11th gives gains and money.
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:44 am

Shilpa ji,
As per my experience (in my own case), I found that apart from 10th house, 9th house is also very important to see recognization,leadership and fame.
For example,because of strong 10th house person is able to good work but without 9th house he will not get any credit for his good job.

For example, person worked very hard and did good job but due to politics at work place the credit is given to someone else because higher authorities don't support him.

This issue is very common nowadays and I feel that 9th house should also be checked to do overall analysis.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Jemsmiles

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SWARNIM » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:11 am

Madam,

Thanks for the informative post.

IMO, the BIG Professional Success in terms of expansion/growth/outreach requires a favourable Jupiter, in terms of money/wealth/organisation requires a favourable Venus, in terms of monopoly/authority requires favour from the Sun and in terms of Standing/Stability requires a favourable Saturn.

Regarding honest government servant, an unblemished (i.e. without malefic effects) Jupiter should be the first requirement.

Regards.

astrolight99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolight99 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Shilpaji,

Exchange of houses between 10th and 9th lord is considered good both for career and wealth. Suppose Aries lagna and Jupiter is in 10 in Capricorn and Saturn in 12 pisces then how will it be? Here Jupiter is debilitated even while exchange of houses takes place between 10th and 9th lord.
Regards
Last edited by astrolight99 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

saditya86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by saditya86 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 am

Hi Shilpaji,

As per my understanding 10th house should be seen for status in profession also 6th(workplace) & 2nd(assets created/used for profession) forming trine with 10th house will support the 10th house.

10th form 10th house (7th house) & the sign/house having max. number of planets need to be considered for selection of type of business/job which suits the native.

Also have a mixed thoughts reg. my professional success as I have excellent 11th house (4 planets) but 10th lord Jupiter in 9th house (12th from 10th)..

Saturn in scorpio in 6th house D1 also vargottam in D9 & D10

09 May 1986
10:01 am Nasik

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:50 pm

shilpa wrote:And 10th is 7th from the 5th house means……
I think there is some typing mistake.
10th is 8th from 5H

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:00 am

Interesting.

I guess we should not limit ourselves to planets placed in the axis but also see whether the two lords of the opposite houses on a particular axis combine. In this sense, for a Cancer or Capricorn Ascendant, when Mars and Venus associate, you get the 5-11 axis and the 4-10 axis effects.

My Mars in 10th for a Cancer Ascendant, aspects Venus in the 1st. Mars is also in Venus nakshatra. Thus the two best axes effects accrue to me on the 1st Bhava. Gains also come in. Venus rules the 11th. Rahu which conjuncts Venus didposits by nakshatra (and also by sign) Sun ruler of 2nd and Jupiter ruler of 9th which is 11th of the 11th.

What happens next is that Moon disposits both Venus and Rahu and placed in the 7th where Saturn disposits Moon in its own sign. So the 1st-7th axis gets activated.

And in the 7th a Parajita Yoga is activated with Mercury in the 11th being Saturn's navamsa dispositor coming into the picture as well.

A string of auspicious combinations.

believer_astro
Donor
Donor

Post by believer_astro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:11 am

hi Shilpa Ji- Just wondering on the 9H significations on the career. 9H is for your superiors or bosses and not all careers depend on capability. A lot depends on your Boss...So I am wondering if 9H and 9L are IMP also?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Just some side thoughts but nevertheless also subtly related to the topic of this thread :

9th house is bosses but 10th house has to do with your bosses' authority although 10th also represents you larger than life.

Any relation between the 9th, 10th and 1st in a beneficial way, invariably means you and your boss gets on very well. A plus factor for career.

5th deals with previous good deeds done by you (in a previous life) and now redounded on you. 9th deals with previous luck dished out by you (you were mabye some spiritual being or deity) and now redounded on you. So 9th is important.

6th deals with mostly bad karma as it is a competitive house where you do whatever means to reach the top. But 10th being the 5th to the 6th is karma future effects within this current lifetime, and as such, the repercussions are greater. It is mostly good karma (the 10th) but bad effects of karma are not excluded either, and if it is bad, the effects are even greater.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Now I am diverging from this thread slightly :

Sun is the natural karaka of the father/boss. Saturn is the natural karaka of the father/boss authority.

What happens Sun is in 10th and Saturn is in 9th?

Saturn in 9th : Father is pictured as mean and austere. Not much love to the child in the child's eye even though it can be otherwise. Father imposes strict discipline to the son (or boss to subordinate) and the son feels the father is not someone he can turn to in times of need.

Sun in 10th : Authority is imposed not fairly even though it is allowed to be strict, but the person tends to obey blindly because of the powerful persona of the father/boss.

Regards

believer_astro
Donor
Donor

Post by believer_astro » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 am

What If the sun is conjunct Rahu in 9H

astro.lova

Post by astro.lova » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Dear Neeraj ji
i fully agree that 10th house is 8th from 5th house ..there must be some typing error from shilpa ji...

how ever one striking feature of 5-11 axis in connection with 10th house is ....this 5th house is 8th from 10th house ...i have observed in many cases that every time this 5th h and lord gets connected in dashsa and transit or in other words 5th and 5th lord gets strong ....there is a break in service / change of job .....it is very easy to identify the event ,if in dashas it is a raj yoga running it is a change for better , hiigh post and good money ...if it is arishta running especially when the 12th house or lord gets connected you will see that the person loses the job suddenly which includes lost respect as well.....apply and give feed back..

best regards
Manish

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Dear Manish Ji
I totally agree with you. I've seen many cases where in the dasha of planet posited in 5H or the 5L, the native observe difficulties in profession. At times, people take change for further studies (signification of 5H) or it was simply a period of stress for the native.
God bless you
Neeraj

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 pm

jemsmiles wrote:Shilpa ji,
As per my experience (in my own case), I found that apart from 10th house, 9th house is also very important to see recognization,leadership and fame.
For example,because of strong 10th house person is able to good work but without 9th house he will not get any credit for his good job.

For example, person worked very hard and did good job but due to politics at work place the credit is given to someone else because higher authorities don't support him.

This issue is very common nowadays and I feel that 9th house should also be checked to do overall analysis.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Jemsmiles
As I have observed a strong 10th gives the recognition, position, but not the fruits of success...
fruits are wealth, comforts, ease in life...and power of wealth...this comes if 5-11 axis is strong
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 pm

SWARNIM wrote:Madam,

Thanks for the informative post.

IMO, the BIG Professional Success in terms of expansion/growth/outreach requires a favourable Jupiter, in terms of money/wealth/organisation requires a favourable Venus, in terms of monopoly/authority requires favour from the Sun and in terms of Standing/Stability requires a favourable Saturn.

Regarding honest government servant, an unblemished (i.e. without malefic effects) Jupiter should be the first requirement.

Regards.
the karaks for professional success are important but not the subject of discussion.
the discussion focussed around the houses that bring success and not " all the factors that bring success"

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:13 am

Dr Neeraj wrote:
shilpa wrote:And 10th is 7th from the 5th house means……
I think there is some typing mistake.
10th is 8th from 5H
Dear Dr. Neeraj,

yes first..10th from the 8th is 5th

it's been some time since I wrote and went offline...

and I believe the original context should read
And 10th is 8th from the 5th house means……strong 10th without a strong 5th…..person is doing more good due to unearned wealth ie inheritances from father/ in laws etc.
regards

ap210585
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ap210585 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:26 am

Hi Shilpaji,

I have 4 planets on my 5-11 Axis (Sat Retro in 5th scorpio and Sun Moon Mars in 11th Taurus)
I have 3 planets on my 4-10 Axis (Rahu Mercury in 10th Aries and Ketu in 4th Libra)
I have Venus in 9th Pisces and Jupiter in 7th Capricorn

I live an ordinary mediocre life as of now.
birth detaills: 21 May 1985. 1045 am, Mumbai

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:38 am

ap210585 wrote:Hi Shilpaji,

I have 4 planets on my 5-11 Axis (Sat Retro in 5th scorpio and Sun Moon Mars in 11th Taurus)
I have 3 planets on my 4-10 Axis (Rahu Mercury in 10th Aries and Ketu in 4th Libra)
I have Venus in 9th Pisces and Jupiter in 7th Capricorn

I live an ordinary mediocre life as of now.
birth detaills: 21 May 1985. 1045 am, Mumbai

Please elaborate what is medicore about your life

ap210585
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ap210585 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:01 am

- deleted
Last edited by ap210585 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Shilpa ji,

Very good discussion going on.
Suppose lagna is scorpio, 5-11 axis, 5L in 4th house and 11th house has Sat-Moon.
What can be interpreted from this? Is 11th house strong or weak as it is conjunction of 4L and 9L but a bad conjuntion?
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

sri108

Post by sri108 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:55 am

My lagna lord is tenth lord as well. He is in the 12th house and retrograde. My lagna is meena lagna. He should also be taken to be present in 11th? I have 8th lord Venus in the 5th house and moon in the 10th aspected by Saturn. I was never the bosses favorite rahu in the 9th but very good performer. But career is dis satisfactory and not great. I have not been working past 6 years and left job for marriage when I was asst.mgr. Now I am trying again. My sixth house has 3 planets sun Mars and Mercury. Saturn aspects moon from tenth. Also I am going to begin Sade sati. It will start once Saturn is in the 4th pada of anuradha now he is in the third.

Would request the learned members to give their analysis.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:25 am

Dear Shilpa ji,

It all depends on your definition of Success. 10th house represents Karma, which is your work, the changes you want to make in the world, your goals. Yes it does represent your reputation and your social status as well.

Nowadays, people consider financial success as success. Financial success is not necessarily professional success. Say the ambition of an artist is to have his work recognised and admired. He could be selected to have his work displayed in a major gallery or public place which will be an achievement for him and success from his point of view: Reputation, fame, etc and that is professional success to him.

Now if you define financial success as success, then yes, the 5-11th access will show that, but this financial gain, wealth does not necessarily need to be linked to his career. It could be winnings from other activities.

Just my 2 cents.

hiimnotcool
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:40 am

I'll give my chart as an example of the 5th 11th axis. I also have a strong 10th lord and 4/10 axis. Aries lagna, sun in 5 house Leo and 4th lord moon in 11th house Aquarius (raj yoga). 10Th and 11th lord Saturn exalted in 7th house. 1,2,3,6,8 lords in 4th house and 9,12 lord in 10th house. Note that all planets in 4th house are aspected by 10th and 11th lord Saturn which gives some raj and dhan yoga as well.

I literally have not had to work since 2008. I was in the army from 2005 until March 2008 and since then I have been getting $2,200 per month from the government due to mental health issues sustained during service. although this has brought somewhat ease in life financially has also come as negatives due to anxiety. I feel very blessed to support and provide for my family even without working. the gods have really looked out for me and I think that is astrologicaly shown.

August 29 1985
22:33 pm
Willows, ca

tanmish

Post by tanmish » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Hiimnotcool -

Do you want to work, or are you just happy not working? What mental issues have you been diagnosed with, PTSD?? Other? Any physical deformity preventing you from keeping a regular 9-5 job?

Its not clear if you're seeking a solution to your situation (living off the Govt), or just stating for the record.

TM