Which ayanamsa is true ?

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
freeloader
Contributor
Contributor

Which ayanamsa is true ?

Post by freeloader » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:21 am

Hi dear forum members.I found that many ayanamsa in JHora program.True Lahiri,Pushya-Paksha,Rohini-paksha,Chitra-paksha,Fagan,KP etc etc... So whic one is the most true ayanamsa? Can anyone help ?

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which ayanamsa is true ?

Post by Dr Neeraj » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:55 am

Dear Freeloader
Sh KN Rao advises to use Lahiri Ayanmansa
God bless you
Neeraj

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:14 am

Lahiri ayanamsa is what I too recommend.

A simple exercise of verifying past events of one's own horocope lahiri ayanamsa, will greatly help.

however i support a very minor correction of minus 2 or 3 minutes of lahiri.

Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Krishna » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:04 pm

The Calendar Reforms Committee set up by the Government of India recommended Lahiri Ayanamsa in 1954 and since then it is most widely used.

Krishna

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

freeloader wrote:Hi dear forum members.I found that many ayanamsa in JHora program.True Lahiri,Pushya-Paksha,Rohini-paksha,Chitra-paksha,Fagan,KP etc etc... So whic one is the most true ayanamsa? Can anyone help ?
This has always been a 'bone' for many who were drawn to this wonderful subject of astrology. What amazes one who dispassionately observes the field (one Mega-difficult feat to say the least?) and over many years follows the uha-poha (?) as different doyens say and show their piece(s) in person, in magazines, journals, periodicals (come and gone or replaced by more), earlier on paper but now in silico (web), and even different zodiacs getting introduced (Soorya siddhanta, and a few even using tropical sayana zodiac for jyotish) -- the matter has grown more complex!

A majority of tests (other than Governmental bodies and committee assurances etc) seem to have relied on vimshottary dasha and sometimes tied to the nakshatras as we find them today (they shift over large bodies of time?)!

But, there are so many dashas! More than one recommended as 'dashas for general purposes' and so not 'conditional'? Imagine the amount of work involved in testing it "scientifically"?

And the same applies to the birth-time rectifications that seem to get done on the fly with vimshottari or maybe a couple or three of those?

And then there is that variable known as intuition? How can that variable be controlled in most such scientific tests of ayanamsha (as an example) so that it does not become a *confounder*?
Rohiniranjan
Dimensions (blog on wordpress)

mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by mathur_dinesh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:05 pm

A good number of people are happy using the Lahiri ayanamsha. Others vouch for Krishnamurti's or Raman's. Whichever ayanamsha one feels gives satisfactory results should be used.

aspiringjyotish

Post by aspiringjyotish » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 am

Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha is supported by the Shastra. It is also known as Ketki Ayanmansha based on its proponent Vyankatesh Ketkar. NC Lahiri borrowed his ayanmasha. Any variation of Chitrapakshi ayanamsha that is around 24 deg is an offshoot of Chitrapakshi Ayanamsha itself. Any deviation such as ayanamsha's closer to 22deg are not supported by the Shastra.
Rest up to you and your judgment.

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Dr Neeraj wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:55 am
Dear Freeloader
Sh KN Rao advises to use Lahiri Ayanmansa
God bless you
Neeraj
Hello,
I have Jagannath Hora version 8 .
When you say Lahiri Ayanmansa, what is the option:

- Surya Siddantha and then True Lahiri ?
- Surya Siddantha and then Traditional Lahiri?
- Dripk Siddantha and then True Lahiri?
- Drip Siddantha and then Tradiitional Lahiri?

I am new in astrology and and i am confuse with this 4 options.

thank you