Auspiscious period for taking possession of new house

Questions about buying a home, moving, living abroad, or travel.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
leogirl
Contributor
Contributor

Auspiscious period for taking possession of new house

Post by leogirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I booked a flat on 7th Jul 09. Had applied for bank loan, which finally got sanctioned today. The flat is ready for possession and the builder has told me that he will give the possession once the cheque is cleared. I understand from some friends, that starting tomorrow, 4th July its pitru-paksh (the period when we do some pooja etc for our departed near and dear ones) and we should not undertake or do anything auspicious during this period. Personally, I don’t believe in all this and heard about it only a couple of days back. In my family, we have never done any ceremonies for the ancestors etc.

Could someone advise me on whether I can take possession of the flat next week, based on my birth details:

DOB: 1st August 1968, time : 4.17 p.m., Place: Trichur, Kerala

Thanks
Leogirl

varsha barnwal

yes,pritipaksh is not good for housewarming

Post by varsha barnwal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 pm

dear
yes,we north indians consider it as a mourning periods so any auspicious occasions are strict no no in this period.
Personally,i went to aboard in this time and that trip was really really bad so i donn't want to repeat those bad things so i strically avoid this 15 day period.vijayadashmi is very good day for house warming.you may consider that day.
varsha

leogirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by leogirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks varsha. Im a south Indian from Kerala and we dont believe such things. Anyways, will think over it before taking a decision. Thanks again.

Leogirl

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:06 am

Dear leogirl,

Yes it is your decision whether you want to do pooja or not. It is the common belief to do some pooja before you start living.

You are in the sub period of Mars since June 2008 which is placed in your malefic dusthana house. You must have faced some obstacles related to your children, speculation, income.
Past few months there has been stress for buying a property. Your married life looks very stressful.

Now you have entered the sub period of Rahu which can give you some stress to health middle of next year onwards.

Best wishes
Sudhir

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 am

Myself was born during the period of pitru-paksh.Life and death are essential ingredients of the same coin.I remember my father used to tell me we worship to do something good.

leogirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by leogirl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi Sudhir, Revribhav,

Thanks. Well, i went ahead and did the pooja on 14th Sept. after consulting priests of my community. My parents told me that in our community (keralites), the new month starting 17th Sept is inauspcious for doing grihapravesh. The priest also told me the same thing. So, well, im through with a Ganapati Homam. Now, lets see how it goes.

Sudhir, I started looking for a flat only in May end and within a couple of months things finalised. So, no there was no stress in bookng the flat. Only getting the loan passed from Bank of Baroda took over a month, which delayed the possession.

As far as my married life is concerned, Im single till date, still hoping to meet my lifepartner some day..... Ab ghar mil gaya, hopefully gharwala bhi mil jayega. I wasnt buying a flat all these years as i dint want to go thru to nitty gritties / procedures of buying a flat and was hoping that i will get married someday and my husband will hopefully have his own accomodation.

Thanks
Leogirl

gold
Donor
Donor

Post by gold » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:05 am

Leogirl,
I am in the same boat as you. I wasn't buying a house for the same reasons but finally bought in aug.
I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us for future. :)
Gold

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:15 am

Dear leogirl,

Marriage signifactor Venus is weak in the malefic dusthana house. It delays your marriage. Also malefic Moon is placed in libra.
It doesnot promise success in love affairs as Moon creates obstructions.
Also many of your planets has connections to 8th house which gives challenges to get married.
I have seen for Sagittarius lagna weakness of Venus and Moon delays marriage. If married, life is not easy.

You can try / hope to marry between July to August 2010 but there will be challenges ahead as he you are in the sub period of Rahu.
Also Saturn transit to Virgo also can bring obstructions to your initiative.

Best wishes
Sudhir