Uranus/Neptune/Pluto mention in Vasistha Nadi?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
PV1993
Contributor
Contributor

Uranus/Neptune/Pluto mention in Vasistha Nadi?

Post by PV1993 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 am

Hi Learned members,

While shifting through the web I came across this interesting fact n Deniss Harness website where he speaks about the outer planets in Vedic astrology and Narendra Desai's experience :-

According to Mr. Desai, he saw an ancient Vasistha Nadi palm leaf in a museum in Madras, India, which predicted that three important grahas or planets would be discovered by the jyotishis of the Kali Yuga. The great seer Vasistha was the author of a number of hymns in the Rig Veda (dated 3000 BC) and was considered a great priest of the kings. According to the ancient palm leaf the names of the grahas or planets would be Prajapati, Varuna, and Yama. The palm leaf went on to reveal that the jyotishi’s of Kali Yuga would need to decipher the significance and meaning of these powerful grahas."

The full read can be found here:

http://dennisharness.com/plutoneovedic.html

As a student of Vedic astrology I have never felt that the use of outer planets is required as the classical planets describe any situation well. However this came as a surprise to me.

I am of the opinion that it will be foolish to think that the ancient sages who accurately pointed out the characteristics of many far flung nakshatras won't be able to determine the existence of an outer planet through their divya drishti.It is just that in astrology they were deemed non important over time as the existing system was sufficient and extensive enough for predictive purposes.

Another interesting link which shows that these planets were known at the time of Mahabharata is below

http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/vedic_ ... habharata/

Would like to know the opinions of the learned readers on the same.