Bhavartha Ratnakara - Let's Dissect It

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Bhavartha Ratnakara - Let's Dissect It

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 17 Oct 2011

Hi Learned Members

Let's comb through some of the parts dealing with the individual by Bhavartha Ratnakara using my chart as an example. It has a lot of delightful and insightful verses which need to be brought to light.

My birth details :

June 22nd 1962
8:32 am
GMT +7hours 30 minutes (that was in 1962).
Longtitude 1 degre 16 minutes north
Latitude 103 degrees 51 minutes east

Chapter 2
Dhana yogas
1. If the there’s a parivartana between either the 2nd and 5th lords or the 2nd and
11th lords, the native earns a lot. This is also true for the placement of the 5th and
9th lords in their own houses
2. If the lords of 2nd and 11th are associated with lords of the 5th and 9th, dhana yoga
results.
3. If the said planets (2nd and 11th)are associated with lords other than the 5th and
9th, no dhana yoga results; however, the native does enjoy moderate wealth
4. There’ll be loss of wealth if the 12th lord associates with the 2nd and 11th lords
5. It’s always fortunate for Jupiter to associate with the 2nd lord and Mercury
6. If the 1st, 2nd and 11th lords are in their own houses, a dhana yoga is formed
7. If the 2nd and 11th lords are in the lagna, a powerful dhana yoga results
8. If the different karakas are present in their respective bhavas, such bhavas lose
their vitality and give rise to very little of their indications
9. For Capricornians, if Moon is alone in Aquarius, the native regains lost wealth

My chart satisfies (1) where the 9th lord is placed in 9th and 5th lord placed in 5th using Rasi Tulya Navamsa.

My D60 chart satisfies (3) outright with a Pisces Ascendant. Mars rules both 9th and 2nd Bhavas for a Pisces Ascendant.

For (5), although it is not association, Jupiter trines the Sun which is a second house lord and Jupiter and Mercury are in CLOSE mutual kendras.

For (7), 11th lord is in Lagna and Rahu disposits Sun (the 2nd house lord) by Nakshatra and sign. So the condition (7) is somewhat satisfied. But since the nodes tend to eclipse, it is only during Rahu's dasa that I will reap the full benefits.

To be continued ...................

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bhavartha Ratnakara - Let's Dissect It

Poverty yogas
1. If the lagna lord is in 8th, together with lords of 4th and 9th, there’s sure to be life
long poverty
2. If there’s a parivartana between the 2nd and 12th lords, poverty is certain
3. If the 2nd lord is in 12th, the 12th lord in lagna and aspected by a malefic, poverty
is indicated

For (3), my Sun goes into the 12th and the co-ruler of 12th, Rahu, goes to Lagna and Rahu is aspected by malefic Saturn. But note the presence of Venus and Rahu in Lagna which modifies the results considerably especially during Rahu's period which become like Venus which turns the 12th and 2nd of Venus into places of riches rather than poverty.

Education yogas
1. Venus or Mercury in 4th makes the native proficient in music and astrology
respectively
2. If Rahu conjoins either Sun or Mercury in 5th, the native becomes an expert in
astrology and dealing with poisons
3. A Sun-Mercury combination in 2nd makes one a good astrologer. If this
combination is aspected by Saturn, the native becomes a mathematician
4. Sun and Mars in 2nd makes one a logician. Saturn, Mercury and Sun in 5th makes
the native an expert in philosophy
5. A Sun-Mercury combine in either a quadrant, trine or 11th makes one a
mathematician. Venus in 2nd makes one a poet
6. Rahu in 4th confers long life to the mother. If in 5th, the native becomes an
expert in understanding inner meanings of things
7. Jupiter in 2nd, especially when that happens to be either Sagittarius, Pisces or
Cancer, makes one an expert in the Vedas
8. It’s fortunate to have Jupiter and the 2nd lord associated in a quadrant or trine
9. The presence of Moon and Mars in 2nd makes one a priest
10. Saturn in the 2nd makes one vindictive and a fool

For (1), I have Venus in the 4th using Rasi tulya Navamsa. I do have an aptitude for music although I did not study it when young.

For (6), using Rasi Tulya Navamsa, Rahu is in the 5th. This makes me an expert in understanding the inner meaning of things.

To be continued ......................

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 13
Ordinary combinations
1. All such bhavas whose lords are in conjunction with the respective karakas
become strong
2. The lords of the 3rd, 8th and 11th produce evil, while the lords of the 5th and 9th
give good results. Even Jupiter becomes evil while owning the 3rd, 8th or 11th house,
though he’ll confer wealth and fame
3. Venus in both the 6th and 12th gives rise to fame and fortune
4. If Rahu is in either the 4th, 5th, 10th or 11th houses, fame and affluence are
guaranteed
5. Benefics become evil by owning quadrants, while malefic planets owning
quadrants confer a rajayoga
6. Houses which are aspected by Saturn become defective, as does the house in
which Saturn is posited. However, if Saturn aspects the 3rd and 9th houses, they
gain strength
7. A waning Moon in the lagna makes the native dull and dependent. Opposite
results are seen if Moon is waxing
8. The native becomes fortunate if Moon and Mars are either in the lagna or the 8th
house. He acquires houses if Mars joins the 4th lord
9. If Jupiter is in the 4th with the 4th lord, the person acquires cattle
10. Any house or lord or its karaka, if hemmed between malefics, produce evil
results
11. If the lords of 11th and 12th conjoin, they produce good results. The 11th lord
produces good results if he occupies the 3rd or 12th house
12. Only ordinary results manifest when the 9th lord is in 8th
13. Moon in the 6th makes one intelligent, whereas he’ll be fickle if it’s in the 3rd
14. Beginning from Aries, zodiacal signs are alternatively odd and even

For (4), Rahu is in my 5th if considering Rasi tulya Navamsa.

For (6), saturn aspects my 9th Bhava, so it gains strength.

For (7), Moon is full in the Ascendant of D7.

For (12) my Jupiter 9th Lord in 8th satisfies this. But see a later point in this thread which talks about if Jupiter is the planet involved, it becomes very auspicious. More so, if Jupiter is not aspected by any malefics.

To be continued ...........

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 9
Rajayogas
1. If the 2nd and 5th lords are their respective houses or in the 9th and 10th, rajayoga
is conferred
2. If the 2nd and 11th lords are in 10th, free from afflictions, rajayoga results
3. Rahu’s placement in 4th, 5th, 10th or 11th gives a rajayoga during Rahu dasa
4. Ketu in the 5th or 9th is evil. In the 3rd, it’s capable of producing a rajayoga
5. The placement of Moon and Venus in 3rd is auspicious, during the Venus dasa
6. There’s no permanent yoga if the 10th lord is either in 3rd or 11th
7. When Jupiter lords the 10th, his placement in 3rd gives the same yoga as that
when he’d have owned the 3rd
8. While the placement of the 9th lord in 8th is generally unfavorable, the same
placement when Jupiter lords the 9th is very auspicious
9. When the 8th and 9th lords associate, the dasa of the former will confer fame and
power
10. An association of the 10th and 11th lords confers a rajayoga during the 11th
lord’s dasa, while bad results occur during the 10th lord’s periods and 11th lord’s
bhuktis
11. Venus in 10th produces no yoga. If Saturn is in the 7th, his periods prove
fortunate
12. Saturn in the 3rd or 9th, or Rahu in 7th certainly confers prosperity
13. Jupiter in the 3rd, 8th and 9th confers fame and prosperity. If in 12th, the native
goes to heaven after death
14. A parivartana between the 9th and 10th lords is a very powerful rajayoga, as
does the parivartana between the 5th and 10th lords
15. If the 9th and 10th lords are in their respective houses, it’s very fortunate
16. The placement of the 9th and 10th lords in 7th and lagna respectively is
auspicious
17. The native enjoys power and fame if the 5th, 7th and 10th lords are in quadrants
and trines
18. When Sun, Jupiter, Mars and Saturn are all exalted in a chart, a rajayoga
results

I satisfy (3) with Rahu in the 5th using Rasi Tulya Navamsa.

My chart satisfies (8).

My Saturn is in the 7th so satisfies (11).

I satisfy (13) with Jupiter in the 8th and also Jupiter in the 9th using Rasi Tulya Navamsa.

I satisfy (17) in total. 10th lord Mars in 10th, 5th lord Mars in 10th, 5th lord Ketu in 7th and 7th lord Saturn in 7th.

To be continued .............

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 4
Fortune, luxuries and children
1. If the lords of 4th and 9th combine in the lagna, the native will lead a very
luxurious life
2. Happiness is surely indicated when Jupiter is in or aspects the 4th house, or if
Jupiter and the 4th lord combine in a quadrant or trine
3. Presence of the 4th lord and Venus in 4th will indicate a person of ordinary
conveyances
4. If Mercury and Venus are in Libra for a Cancer ascendant native, luxuries come
by in Mercury dasa Venus bhukti
5. If Jupiter in the 4th, the person gets to own horses. If Venus is in the 7th, he
becomes sensual
6. Saturn in the 4th confers foreign residence, in dilapidated houses. It’ll also make
the native hard-hearted
7. Powerful luxury yogas are generated when there is a parivartana between the
lords of either the 4th and 9th, 4th and 11th, 1st and 4th, 4th and 5th, 5th and 9th or 5th
and 11th. Similar results can be seen if either the 4th and 5th lords or 1st and 9th lords
are in their respective houses
8. A luxury yoga is also generated when the 5th and 9th lords are in 9th and 10th
respectively
9. If Jupiter and 5th lords are in association, childbirths can be predicted
10. If Jupiter, 5th lord and lagna lords are all disposed in quadrants and trines, the
native enjoys happiness from children

I do satisfy (1) in a way. Venus 4th lord is in Lagna. Rahu which disposits Jupiter which is the 9th lord is also in Lagna. Will experience the full luxuries during Rahu's dasa.

Jupiter aspects my 4th house so I do satisfy (2).

I satisfy (3) with Venus in its Moolatrikona in the 4th using Rasi Tulya Navamsa. My conveyances are indeed ordinary.

I satisfy (7). 4th and 5th lords are in their own houses, Venus and Mars respectively, using Rasi Tulya Navamsa. There is also an exchange via Nakshatras between the 5th and 11th Bhava in my Navamsa.

To be continued..............

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 7
Health and longevity
1. If the lagna lord is associated with Jupiter, good longevity is indicated. Jupiter is
the karaka for fortune, children and body
2. Saturn in association with the 8th lord also confers long life. Saturn’s placement
in the 8th is also good for longevity
3. The 8th lord in the lagna, along with Ketu, indicates short life
4. Sun combined with the lord of 9th makes the father long-lived, provided they’re
not together in 9th. However, Sun’s placement in the 9th shortens the father’s life,
as does Moon in 4th for the mother’s longevity
5. If the 9th lord is in 11th, long life to the father is indicated
6. Moon, when associated with the 4th lord, indicates a long life to the mother
7. If either Mars or Jupiter is in 3rd, harm will be caused to the native’s brothers
8. If the 3rd is owned and occupied by Jupiter, the person will only have one
brother
9. Jupiter in 5th and Venus in 7th lessen the longevity of children and spouse
respectively
10. Long life to the native’s mother is surely to be predicted if Moon conjoins the
4th lord in 5th, 9th or 10th
11. If the 4th lord is in 4th and it happens to be its moolatrikona, the mother will live
long
12. The mother’s longevity will be curtailed by Saturn’s aspect on both the 4th lord
and waning Moon

I satisfy both (11) and (12). For (11), Venus is in Libra, using Rasi Tulya Navamsa. But for (12), Saturn aspects both my Venus (the 4th lord) and the waning Moon).

Actually the aspect of my Saturn on my waning Moon in Saturn;s sign makes the Moon beneficient according to classics, but over here we are talking about indications to the mother.

To be continued..............

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 8
Fortunate combinations
1. A parivartana between the 9th and 11th lords or an association between these two
lords indicates a fortunate native
2. If eight planets occupy four houses in pairs of two each, the native will be
fortunate. The same can be predicted if there are three pairs of planets in a
horoscope
3. If four benefics are aspected by malefics, the native won’t be very fortunate but
he’ll have some wealth
4. If malefics occupy the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses, the person becomes lucky
5. The person will be fortunate in that bhava whose karaka is situated in the 12th
house
6. If the lords of the lagna, 9th and 4th are in the 10th, lagna or 7th in association with
the 10th lord, during the dasas and bhuktis of such lords, the native will become
very fortunate
7. It’s auspicious to have an exalted planet situated in either 5th or 9th
8. If there’s a Sun-Venus-Mercury combine in 5th with Jupiter in 11th, the Mercury
dasa will bring the native much fortune
9. If Sun and 9th lord are together in the 12th, fortune thru father is indicated
10. The native’s father will either be fortunate or otherwise, depending on whether
Sun is exalted or debilitated
11. For a Sagittarian, even a debilitated Sun will confer riches thru the father
12. The placement of the lords of 9th, 12th and Sun augur well for the father, or if
Jupiter and 12th lord are in 12th
13. If Venus and Moon are both in 12th, the native will be fortunate thru his mother
and wife
14. If Mars or 9th lord is in 12th, the person will be fortunate in respect of his
brother or father respectively
15. If Mercury conjoins the 2nd lord in 6th, the native acquires money thru his
enemies (or cousins and rivals)
16. If Jupiter as 5th lord is exalted, the children enjoy much fortune

For (5) my Sun is in the 12th Bhava, so it is fortunate for all the karakas which Sun stands for like government, father, authorities etc.

I satisfy (6) with Venus 4th lord in Lagna and Venus dispositing Mars the 10th lord by Nakshatra and Mars also aspect Venus. So during the dasa of Venus should be very fortunate. But since Rahu is around, the fortunate period then switch to the dasa of Rahu.

There are other chapters in the classic touching on brothers, 7th house (wife) etc. which I will go into. Readers interested can read them yourselves.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 18 Oct 2011

Hii khoo,

nice information.

have query regarding sun and moon.

sun in 12th consider as maran karak, so house which is ruled by sun have to suffer.
Moon in 12th consider good bhagya yoga, away from the native place but he has to suffer from famishes ( According to saptarishi.)

Dont you think we have to consider these factors also?

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 18 Oct 2011

Hi Anilesh

Sun in 12th in my opinion always produce great persons. In Tropical Astrology where they did some research, a lot of politicians fall under Sun in 12th.

But without the formal research above, you can see a lot of people have 12th house Suns. Tony Blair, George W Bush and Vladamir Putin just to give an example of a once upon era where all three of them were Presidents in this global world of ours.

So this theory seems to have more weight than the fact tha Sun is Maraka kana Stanth.

Even Mercury in 7th is supposed to be Maraka Kana Stanth but it gives the person ability to anticipate other people's reaction and to plan his response in advance and how to strategise his relationship with the person.

Jupiter in 3rd is supposed to be Maraka Kana Stanth but it makes the person have a midas touch and very aware of his immediate surroundings and profit from it etc.

Venus in 6th is Maraka Kana Stanth but it makes the person prosperous and successful in life.

Saturn in 1st is Maraka Kana Stanth but in Pisces and Sagittarius it is supposed to give very good result and Saturn, other than when in Aires, usually does well in the 1st.

Mercury in 4th is Maraka Kana Stanth but if unafflicted, makes a person willing to learn and he is an all round educated person in the truest sense of the word like respect of other people's culture (because he expect others to respect his) etc.

So Maraka Kana Stanth is in my opinion a weak factor except mabye Moon in 8th.

Now Moon in 12th you said give famishes. In a way it is true because only if you are near home then you can get all the comforts you need and the mind has an anchorage near by to hook on to. But then 12th is a Bhava where it accommodates all the previous Bhava's characteristics (it is the last Bhava in anti-clockwise cycle) and thus it never damages any karaka placed in it. This point is strong if the planet rules neutral houses at the same time (like Moon ruling 2nd placed in 12th) and the planet stands singleton without aspects from any other planets (in which case we have to look at the dispositor).

I would say karkatwas of planets being boosted when placed in 12th is a strong factor but especially so for Sun in 12th (which is rather surprising!).

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Garry2412
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Garry2412 » 05 Dec 2018

As per vedic astrology venus in 6th house is not good however, bhavartha ratnakar says just opposite.

I have venus in 6th house occupying leo sign i am a pisces accendant.

My details are dob:6-8-1981 time:9:59pm,place:tehri garhwal

I am really confused

Regards,
Prakash