which is accurate Ra/Ke in Mean position or True position

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
krishnendu12das
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

which is accurate Ra/Ke in Mean position or True position

Post by krishnendu12das » 17 Jul 2013

Which settings give more accurate result - Ra/Ke in mean position or true position ?

Mycallwashere
Contributor
Contributor

Re: which is accurate Ra/Ke in Mean position or True positio

Post by Mycallwashere » 17 Jul 2013

The mean nodes are calculated by the moon orbiting the earth, and the plane at which the moon orbits the earth is 5º to the ecliptic. When the moon intersects the ecliptic, it is a node of the moon. When it moves from south to north, it is Rahu. When it moves from north to south, it is Ketu.

The true nodes are calculated by realizing that the moon AND the earth orbit a center of gravity, although that center is within the earth's radius, just not at the center. This allows the true node to be a little bit more "nervous" or "twitchy" in its movement, even momentarily going direct! the moons orbital eccentricity is also 0.0549e so this should contribute to the speed of the moon in some cases.

the period is about 18 years 7 months and a few days for it to make one complete revolution, retrograde of course. This is about a year and a half per sign. or about 19 days for 1º

The overall difference is about a 1º30' , you can check it out on the internet.

This would be important for the person if the difference between the true and mean node changed its nakshatra position, house position, sign position, or if it made it more closely conjunct another planet.

The Mean is usually the way to go ---

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 17 Jul 2013

IMO Mean mode works better.

My rahu position changes from 5 th to 6 th house if I use mean mode. Based on siginification of Rahu's placement in 6 th and 5 th, 6 th matches closely.
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 17 Jul 2013

Hi KD,

Always use true position of the nodes. Mean position does not give correct results.

SK
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 17 Jul 2013

I think True Nodes gives correct results.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 17 Jul 2013

SKji,

Based on my life events/signification of Rahu in 6 th and especially when I am running Rahu MD I can attest that mean mode makes more sense to me wrt my chart.

Regards
Last edited by janaki on 18 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.
― Pablo Picasso

Mycallwashere
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mycallwashere » 17 Jul 2013

When the true nodes go direct, and a person is born, surely there is something meaningful in this? This is a observational method of astrology so the direct true nodes must hold some "invisible" secret?

krishnendu12das
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnendu12das » 18 Jul 2013

i am in great dilemma because out of 6 people 3 say mean node better and the other 3 say true node.

my cousin sister is mangalik plus Ma aspect Sa in 7th H. Plus she wants to go alone in foreign country for study and her parents in panic!

If i go by Mean Node then Ra in 6th and 4th L Ve in 5th , so happy married life but if I go by True Node , then Ve with Ra in 5th , extramarital affairs and problems in married life.

She is good looking and very good in studies but according to me she is a stupid fool about real life circumstances and might land in trouble if goes in foreign country alone !

They are brahman family and believe that she should be married to brahman family but does Sa in 7th indicate brahman spouse, i dont think so ?

Can anybody throw light on marriage and long stay and career abroad or maybe just foreign study and then return back?

I told her parents to get her married and then send her abroad with husband but she wont marry now !

24 oct 1992, 00:30 am(night), allahabad,India

shoemaker ji explained in detail but due to Mean and true node, lot of change can happen and much worried, so asking for a few more opinions..

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » 18 Jul 2013

"
She is good looking and very good in studies but according to me she is a stupid fool about real life circumstances and might land in trouble if goes in foreign country alone !"

Krishnedu, I wanna say something strictly on a general level.
Your sister isn't a "stupid fool" coz she wants to be independent and live alone elsewhere..I am sure she's far more strong and confident that you think..and probably want her to be.
She doesn't need a man in her life to constantly protect her.
I'm sure you care about her, but she is far more sensible, advanced and ambitious in her thinking than you are.
Please try to come out of of your biased thinking..your sister is an adult and has legal rights and a mind of her own.
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Now..coming to Sat in 7th...I consider it a very strong position..a late but lasting marriage (other factors need to be checked too though).
This gives her Sasa Mahapurusha yoga.
She should be with someone who deserves to be with her..someone who respects and loves her for who she is..someone who doesn't suffer from an inferiority complex or a chauvinistic mind set and wouldn't try to bring her down when she climbs the ladder of success in life. Religion, caste and culture are divisions made by selfish, hypocritical humans. God never discriminates..we're all made of the same flesh and blood. What makes a man worthy of a partner is his broad mindedness and respect and appreciation for women.
Be proud of who your sister is..and have faith in her. She will make all of you proud one day.
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 18 Jul 2013

KrishnenduDas,

Jupiter is conjunct Asc lord and aspects 9th, own house strengthening it further. Saturn aspects her Asc. So take these factors also into consideration before coming to conclusions based on Venus + Rahu conjuction.

Rahu goes to scorpio in 5th, so check if there was any struggle/obstacles while studying for her degree when her Rahu MD started. I mean to say check which house signification got activated when her Rahu MD started in 2010, 5th or 6th (wrt health/ courage/ struggles/enemies/maternal uncle etc).

You shouldn't be worrying about her decision making abilities. Budha aditya yoga is forming in her 4th house. She is Virgo rasi and mercury goes in gemini in D-9. She has good strength of mercury so I dont think she will land in any trouble.

Saturn is a potent malefic for cancer Lagna. As you have said, Mangalik factor, and Mar's aspect on Saturn could be troublesome. Mars also aspects her moon. But I think Jupiter's aspect on 7th house will be helpful.

In any case, I feel if going abroad and making a life for herself is her dream then that's what she should do. She is young and life is full of opportunities and dreams for her. So you should support her in realizing her dreams.

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

krishnendu12das
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

instud ji,

you got me all wrong, this you would only understand if you have to let your sister go to another continent alone when she has never gone to another state in our country alone . All of us wanted her to go with her parents or atleast with somebody to take care off , we do not have anybody abroad!

I am not a caste believer but she is my cousin sister and her family is deep into this, not me!!!!

On road , if some guy is making some indecent moves , she tries to confront them . This at times can lead to more trouble so best thing is to avoid these kind of people.

Before accusing me , first you need to have a sister. I am only concerned about her safety, nothing else....

krishnendu12das
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

janaki ji,

she was born in Allahabad but their home is in Secunderabad. During early yrs of life for 2-3 yrs she was in US with whole family due to job of her father.

About Ra Mahadasa, don't remember exactly the time but there was change of residence and they are in Alwal now because their school/college was to far from home. And she wanted to be doctor but could not cope up with pressure of studies in a premium institute where she was studying ( i forgot the name) and now in final yr of graduation studying Zoology,Genetics etc . Last yr she got gold medal in college. Wants to study genetics,nano tech so preparing for GRE . Always was good at studies ,his whole family was. His father was IITian.

My mother told me she has some health problems( i will ask her from when started) , about family related problems , i heard her father and grandmother wanted her to get married and this resulted in lot of quarrels with her .

instud ji,

late marriage - how late ?
during Sa antar or during Ve antar(29+ yr old).

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 18 Jul 2013

@ To all; The planet's longitudes are reckoned as mean positions.So also nodes are.All famous astrologers except shri KNRaoji use mean nodes.Its like geocentric latitude/geographical latitude of a place.
very small difference here.But in the case of nodes,a good difference is seen & life events tally with mean
nodes only.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Krishendhu, I've been there and I understand your concerns...but you have to have faith in your sister as well as God.
If one is to get into trouble, he will get into trouble no matter what part of the world he is in..orwhat the circumstances are. And the exact opposite is true too.
Nothing will go wrong with your sis (on the contrary, if she marries now...she might get distracted , may find it hard to balance life and could end up sacrificing/damaging her career). Yes, ask her to be alert and caution...but don't obstruct her dreams. As a brother, be her support system.

ProfessorPyareLal
Contributor
Contributor

Re: which is accurate Ra/Ke in Mean position or True position

Post by ProfessorPyareLal » 30 Nov 2018

Hello,
I hope it's okay to revive an old thread.
Since mean versus true is an eternal debate, here is my viewpoint :
The nodes aren't definite mass but an astronomical range of points in a small continuum - that's termed as a wobble due to the curved pattern of the range. Since the nodes aren't single point - it's preferable to take 'mean'.

Krishnendu da, aapni jodhi ayee post ta porchhen, if you're reading this post - to start with - your cousin sister's horoscope is very interesting not only because of the variations with true and mean nodes but also with regards to her marriage and foreign travel/studies.
I am taking the chance recreating of what might have happened or likely to have happened in these years (I am cool of being completely wrong - hence taking this chance) :
- She might have gone abroad for her studies. She has good potential of staying for sometime substantial abroad if not long.
- She might have got married by now.
- (Love cum) Arranged marriage more possible.
- Marriage someway related to foreign - relation or region, etc
- Groom might be good looking and romantic - there may be age difference between the groom and her (but not definite)
- Quarrels, misunderstandings in marriage but passionate - not smooth
- Chances of divorce present
- No second marriage

Would be nice if you can give an update..

Thank you,
P.PyareL