Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Nak

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Post Reply
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Nak

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 May 2015

Hi Learned Members

Two ideas to be introduced in this post.

Idea (1)
---------

The Ascending Sign is about to rise in the East and as such is given great impetus and full of energy. It is the locomotive of the Rasi D-1 Chart.

Some of you associate the exalted sign of a planet with the planet itself as if the planet rules it. Actually if the Sun, Moon or the Ascendant is on that exalted sign, then you can say that the planet that is exalted in that sign, would have a great say in the person's fate especially in the case of the Ascendant.

The energy imparted to the sign in the 1st house is such that the corresponding exalted planet for that sign eyes it with great clarity, as if the spark of light is at a distance. Like what Saravelli say, the planet coming towards its maximum exaltation point gains increasing strength, as if it is gradually warmed by the fire, and the fire is at its strongest when the exalted sign happens to overlay the Ascendant and the corresponding associated exalted planet gets pull towards that point like there is a strong gravitational force.

So Cancer Ascendant, Jupiter is strong whereever it is placed (I happen to have Jupiter in Aquarius which is another Jupiter exalted sign making Jupiter VERY STRONG in the 8th Bhava, on top of that Jupiter is in Pushkaraka Navamsa, in own sign in Navamsa, in a Shashtiamsa that grants any wish like the full moon, in the 2nd decantes of Aquarius which signifies a woman who carries fire (dharma) and who fell the tree which specify figuratively some great men who mock at others, but who eventually get felled etc.).........and Jupiter happens to be in the 8th occult house.

Pisces Ascendant, Venus is very strong.

Virgo Ascendant, Mercury is very strong.

And so on.

To be continued......................
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 29 May 2015, edited 2 times in total.



Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 May 2015

Idea (2)
---------

If a planet is placed in its brith nakshatra, that planet comes to the fore naturally, strongly, consistently, unyieldingly in all circumstances.

I have Venus in Pushya which is Venus birth place. I spend money naturally, enjoy myself to the fullest, seek balance and harmony in all things including relationships, have a sense of propotion etc.

On top of that, Venus is in Libra Navamsa, ruling the 4th bhava where Venus is digbala, ruling the 11th Bhava which is Venus direction. Venus also becomes a Yogakarka when taking Ascendant from the Moon. Venus is in 2nd house when taking Sun as the Ascendant. And Venus is beneficial in the Navamsa Leo Ascendant being in the 3rd bhava in its own sign - accoridng to Bharvartha Ratnakara.

Ketu in Alesha means the person is scretive naturally and highly intelligent.
Rahu in Bharani means the person has the need to have a breakthrough in his life whether job, children or whatever. Rahu rules all the aspects of life that make it pleasurable in an inordinate manner (more so than Venus). There is usually a struggle behind it.
Sun in Vishakha the person is a natural melagomania.
Moon in Krittiaka the person mothers others naturally.

And so on.

Best Regards
Khoo

User avatar
elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2005
Joined: 29 Feb 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by elipsis » 29 May 2015

In my experience I don't think exaltation implies strength of the planet as it is a poorly understood concept. A planet gets exalted when it attains its highest quality but that doesn't necessarily imply how strong it is. They named it strength because it worked best for those times but today whether or not a planet is exalted has little practical relevance. Today, practicality can be deduced by applying karakatwa to two or more planets to their relevant sign, you can be a good astrologer or philosopher even if Jupiter is debilitated.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 May 2015

Practicality is indicated more by Saturn for work, Venus for relationships enhancement and Mercury for comparing the worth of any situation and making the appropriate decision.

The aim of my post is to highlight that the planet that would be exalted in the sign ascending if it is is placed in that sign, is ultimately very strong in that chart wherever it may be placed. It is not to meant to single out Jupiter nor to talk about practicality or impracticality.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 May 2015

But since you brought up this point on Jupiter, Mercury and Jupiter gives foundational strength to the chart, but Venus, Sun and Moon gives strength beyond the foundation. They all have something to do with the eyes. And eyes are governed by the 2nd house which is generally a weak house and hence need these planets to be the steering guide. The eyes are the only sense organs which are impacted by light which has something to do with illuminating the person from the external environment for this CURRENT lifetime.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 May 2015

Exaltation of a planet has been singled out by BPHS that can turn a natural malefic into a natural benefic.

Not even natural malefics in Moolatrikona signs can attain that status, only 75% of it.

Exaltation also figure prominently in a planet's Shad Bala calculation also.

User avatar
elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2005
Joined: 29 Feb 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by elipsis » 29 May 2015

What I meant to say was that your Jupiter isn't exalted for your ascendant but that doesn't mean it isn't strong.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 May 2015

The corollary of the planet that would be exalted in the Ascending Sign is very strong in the chart with that sign rising, the flip side of the coin is that the planet that would be fall in that Ascending Sign rising would somehow or rather not perform well.

For example, this means the Yogakaraka of Cancer which is Mars is not working at its best in that sense. In fact Mars maximum exaltation point would be in Capricorn in the 7th house which is the house that is furthest form you, in the sense you cannot really control what other people's reaction to you are.

Thus the planet that would be in its fall when placed in that sign, in the chart with that sign rising, that planet can create problems.

So between Cancer and Leo Ascendant both have Mars as Yogakaraka. People often say the Mars in a Cancer rising chart is better because of its rulership of the 10th besides the 5th and 10th where Mars is digbala. So the politial acumen of Cancer is great. Yet Mars causes other people's aggressiveness towards the native because its maximum exaltation point is in Caparicorn in the 7th house, the house of others. But I must qualify.......since Mars is potentially exaltaed in the 7th house for a Cancer Ascendant person, others would expect a Cancer native to live up to his words and to backup what he says with good deeds. Only then can the Cancer native get on beautifully with others.

You can work out other Ascendant types yourself.

Like for a Virgo native (Virgo Ascending). Mercury in such a chart is very good and blessed such people with business acumen and high intelligence and adaptability to the outside people. But Venus exalted in Pisces in the 7th house of such a native, shows the person usually has a wife that loves him deeply......or he stablishes close relationships with others very easily. People usually like the individual's charm and easy ways, and he would easily get help from others.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 May 2015

Now come the intesting part.

Say take the Aires Ascendant. Sun is exalted potentially in the 1st house, and Saturn in the 7th.

Now according to the Pancami relationship of planets documented in Saravanth Cintamani, Saturn can face off the Sun.

This means Sun is usually at the mercy of Saturn.

This means for an Aires Ascendant person, notwithstanding his radiance, glory and noble mindedness, he is always at the mercry of mean people who would put him down.

For a Cancer Ascendant person, Mars cannot touch Jupiter, because Mars works for Jupiter's objectives, according to the Pancami relationship. And Mars is potentially exalted in the 7th house for a Cancer Ascendant, and Jupiter potentially in the 1st. So Cancer Ascendant can overcome other people's opinions through his righteous behaviour.

Virgo Ascendant.....for the Pancami relationship, Mercury works for Venus objectives and Venus assists Mercury in his works. The person works hard for his wife and he has a woman behind his every success in life.......a perfect connubial bliss.

By the way, this concept also shows that Pisces Ascendant people are usually well off and who has a wife who is very capable in business. Venus potentially exalted in the 1st and Mercury potentially exalted in the 7th. A good example is Sanjay Rath.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 May 2015

Sanjay Rath's teachings also subject to close scrutiny by members of the public.......Nothing good or bad about this........it is just inherent in the critical tendency and disposition of the sign Virgo.

Because of Venus and Mercury close symbiotic relationship, it actually works to Sanjay's favour. He is known for his great research capability in Vedic Astrology notwithstanding the many diverse opinions about his teachings.

User avatar
elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2005
Joined: 29 Feb 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by elipsis » 30 May 2015

Khoo Hock Leong wrote: So Cancer Ascendant, Jupiter is strong whereever it is placed (I happen to have Jupiter in Aquarius which is another Jupiter exalted sign making Jupiter VERY STRONG in the 8th Bhava,
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:The corollary of the planet that would be exalted in the Ascending Sign is very strong in the chart with that sign rising, the flip side of the coin is that the planet that would be fall in that Ascending Sign rising would somehow or rather not perform well.

For example, this means the Yogakaraka of Cancer which is Mars is not working at its best in that sense. In fact Mars maximum exaltation point would be in Capricorn in the 7th house which is the house that is furthest form you, in the sense you cannot really control what other people's reaction to you are.
I don't think that could be true because there are signs where no planet is exalted - Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, Scorpio and Aquarius. For those ascendant signs the planets would behave as normal or weak according to your interpretation, this analysis is fundamentally flawed....all cancerians have got Jupiter strong? That's taking way too much for granted.
Thus the planet that would be in its fall when placed in that sign, in the chart with that sign rising, that planet can create problems.
There is a rule in Nadi where it says the exaltation can damage the moolatrikona signs unless the moolatrikona is countered by a planet with equal capacity. So if Mars is exalted for Cancer then there must be a counter-balance in the Aries in order to match the exaltation, where there is no counter-balance then exalted planets become the ascendant's worst enemy. Take any chart to see if their moolatrikona is broken...like Bill Gates has exalted Saturn in the 5th which broke the 9th house of higher education. And Mercury is exalted with affliction which is harmful to the mother. Ed Snowden - the nsa leaker has Exalted Saturn in the 6th breaking his 10th house of career, he had to take refuge in a foreign country.

Another rule similar to one applied to non-ascendaing signs is that where a planet is placed it affects the quality of its results. For example: Venus in Aries is the debilitation sign of Saturn, when a connection to saturn is made the quality of results by Venus will be similar to that of debilitated Saturn.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 May 2015

Elipsis I am blocking your all your comments from my view.

User avatar
elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2005
Joined: 29 Feb 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by elipsis » 30 May 2015

I didn't even know that was possible...anyhow, good luck.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 May 2015

Referring to the earlier point about having Sun, Moon and Venus strong in the chart, the other advantage of having Sun, Moon and Venus strong rather than the 2nd house is that the latter carries maraka properties.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 662
Joined: 20 Jan 2013

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by GNE » 30 May 2015

I'm sure I'm blocked by Khoo and he cannot see my message here....

but Khoo, elipsis wasn't even insulting to you , and was sharing his opinion regarding what you wrote, which is what a public forum is all about. Someone posts something, then others give their 2 cents.
If you disagreed with what he said, then why couldn't you just explain why and possibly back it up with points/proof like pretty much any mature person - or heck, really just any person - on the forum would do.
You run from things as soon as what you post gets questioned.

I was reading the thread, enjoying it, then was interested even more once elipsis chimed in ( as I wanted to see what you would say to his comments). ... I eagerly read onward, waiting for a name or some proof of jupiter exalted in aquarius or something, but instead then I get to your "I'm blocking you (because I actually don't know anything and am a wuss)" comment.

That was upsetting ,to block someone like elipsis for what he wrote here was just ridiculous. Like I said, it wasn't at all insulting to you, for you to take it as insulting enough to want to block him shows some severe problems with yourself personally.

And who's to say what you post isn't all bull anyway...since whenever anyone tries to discuss a concept you get defensive and just run away / don't reply again.
As a reader/learning it doesn't help make your posts trustworthy.
When a good teacher says some concept and is questioned by it , they have a reply and usually explain why the questioner is incorrect.

User avatar
elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2005
Joined: 29 Feb 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by elipsis » 30 May 2015

Dear GNE,

Thank you for your support - the problem with this site is that you can't have a fair debate with other astrologers because it may make them look small. Anyway, I didn't mind khoo blocking me (My PM is also blocked because it was becoming bad for business). I hope people will bear with me until I make it to 2000 :mrgreen: after which I'll retire .. will do only email after that.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 31 May 2015

The thing I want to add is that my AK, the Moon, is lying on Mars maximum exaltation point and also in Mars nakshatra. My Ascendant MPE is very close to Jupiter maximum exaltation point which Moon rules as a sign.

This gives a chain effects from Ascendant to Moon to Mars, Moon the Lagna ruler and AK is very comfortable in the Nakshatra governed by Mars which is the AmK (the AmK which is the Prime Minister doing the detailed work so it befitting it is ruler the nakshatra which governs focused energy, where the Moon AK is sitting).

So this additional factor gives ascendancy to the Lagna and the Lagna Lord by having it also as AK sitting in the AmK's nakshatra and also AmL's maximum exaltation point, and this fact actually plays out neatly with the other fact that the Ascendant MPE is very near to Jupiter's maximum exaltation point.

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 265
Joined: 31 Aug 2010

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by hiimnotcool » 01 Jun 2015

lol 8)

some things never change.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 734
Joined: 16 Aug 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by rathore » 01 Jun 2015

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:The thing I want to add is that my AK, the Moon, is lying on Mars maximum exaltation point and also in Mars nakshatra. My Ascendant MPE is very close to Jupiter maximum exaltation point which Moon rules as a sign.

This gives a chain effects from Ascendant to Moon to Mars, Moon the Lagna ruler and AK is very comfortable in the Nakshatra governed by Mars which is the AmK (the AmK which is the Prime Minister doing the detailed work so it befitting it is ruler the nakshatra which governs focused energy, where the Moon AK is sitting).

So this additional factor gives ascendancy to the Lagna and the Lagna Lord by having it also as AK sitting in the AmK's nakshatra and also AmL's maximum exaltation point, and this fact actually plays out neatly with the other fact that the Ascendant MPE is very near to Jupiter's maximum exaltation point.
Since MO + MA create menses do you feel downs every 28 days? I ask because MO is the AK (self) laying on MA exaltation point and MO orbit is about 28.

Also curious if the chain is broken because even though its MA exaltation .. its also JU debilitation sign? Or maybe it strengthens the chain because both MA/JU have to do with Crapricorn where MO is. So its like a tag team which means even though every 28 days there is a down feeling but JU infuses it with optimism.

Please confirm :roll:

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 02 Jun 2015

The Ascendant is Mars debilitation point and Jupiter's exaltation point and Moon rules that by sign.

And the Moon is AK in Mars Nakshatra who is an AmK. So notwithstanding that point where Moon is situated is Mars exaltion point and Jupiter's debilitation point, it sort of cancel.....so there is no cycles to speak off. I am forever happy.

Remember here Moon-Mars-Jupiter are involved (Jupiter because of the Ascendant point and Moon rules that by sign). There is a thus a closed trine and they are all dharma rulers in this chart - functional rulers. Dharma never changes. There is no moods not like say Moksha and Kama.

Saturn, Venus, Rahu, Ketu adding their effects here cannot overcome the close link of the Moon, Mars, Jupiter (link from Jupiter is like I said is from the Ascendant point and Moon rules that) which are AK, AmK and BK (the three high rankers in the chart who happen to be ruling also the dharmic houses).

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 02 Jun 2015

The other interesting thing is Saturn is ruling the Nakshatra where the Ascendant point is ie. Pushya and Saturn is ruling by sign where Moon is situated. And Saturn is the PK situated with the Moon in its own sig.

Saturn is thus a background co-ordinator.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 7758
Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 02 Jun 2015

And not to forget Mars is aspecting Cancer is distributing the results he obtained from his works to Moon and Jupiter.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 734
Joined: 16 Aug 2012

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Na

Post by rathore » 03 Jun 2015

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:
And the Moon is AK in Mars Nakshatra who is an AmK. So notwithstanding that point where Moon is situated is Mars exaltion point and Jupiter's debilitation point, it sort of cancel.....so there is no cycles to speak off. I am forever happy.
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Saturn is thus a background co-ordinator.
What about Blood MO? Do you feel happy on those days too? I ask because Blood MO is kind of rare & it seems to have a relation in your chart because MA is red planet & MA's exaltation degree (i.e. your Crapricorn MO) falls in Virgay D9 which represents a girl, so ties back to menses.

And sorry if I am getting this wrong but if there are no "cycles" to speak of then is the "Chain" still there? I say this because technically a cycle needs a chain to run. And the chain needs OIL so your point of Saturn-the-background co-ordinator in interesting because Saturn rules OIL.

I hope readers are learning a lot here :wink:

User avatar
Shivoham
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 227
Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan

Re: Exaltation & the Asc Sign; Planet Placed in its Birth Nak

Post by Shivoham » 07 May 2019

I have read the work of Elipsis in detail on this forum
Man, This elipsis guy was truly a gem. Sad to see he left this forum in 2015.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

Post Reply